You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts on holding an Omaha Festival on Skypoker?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Thoughts on holding an Omaha Festival on Skypoker?:
    Every single PLO8 game on a Thursday night consistently overlays so I've reduced the guarantees. If it can't reach £50 or £100 guarantees how do you expect it to reach £1000?
    Posted by Sky__James
    Firstly i never set the guarantees nor asked for any i only offered up an idea(which led to me being volunteered to run it) for a fun night of games for people who like me enjoy pl08 games in the hope of getting more people to play and in doing so help increase the prize pools and get better games going which has happened the games that used to be on at 7.50 and 9.20 used to only get 10 runners at times before the f.o.s.p games started then look at where they where before the schedule change they here getting over 40 runners most nights and even over 50 on quite a few nights as well.

I also was not the 1 who changed the schedule and removed games which where getting between 30-50+ runners a night even at a time when as sky always remind us traffic slows on site hence gtds are reduced.

Then on a thursday night i was not the 1 who has it scheduled like this.
    7.45pm £1.10 f.o.s.p
    7.45pm £3.30
    8.15pm £5.50 f.o.s.p
    8.15pm £1.10
    8.30pm £5.50
    8.45pm £2.20 F.o.s.p
    9.15pm £1.10 f.o.s.p

Now that is going to dilute numbers because there will be people who would have played the £5.50 fo.sp game that will instead play the normal £5.50 game as they will be hoping for less runners so more chance of them winning and same prize on offer and then those that get confused and reg the wrong games now i know the names are changed and people should see that and know which games are which but people being people its not always as simple as that.

The Thursday night schedule is good for those of us that can play 5/6 tables at a time but not for all and there is quite a few who play the pl08 mtts can only play 2/3 tables at a time at a push.

Finally you can't really compare a 1 off ukops event to daily games as has been shown earlier in the thread when there has been a pl08 event scheduled at a sensible time it will make/beat its gtd and i only mentioned the plo event as there was £1000 given away in free seats that was 20% of the gtd and it still failed to hit the mark.

But there was no room for a £1000 pl08 event £11 buyin thats the same as was given away free for the above event!

I am the 1st to acknowledge and praise sky for the backing and prizes they give to community run games and competitions especially the fosp games which has been getting alot of backing from sky from the start also the fact i can post here and talk with people from sky is great and a real plus.

Also i know tikay disagrees but why not have a pl08 freeroll not saying add a new 1 or any more free money but maybe have the 5.30pm omaha freeroll as a omaha 08 game 1/2 times a week and try help get people playing the game.

tikay feels it would be to confusing for new players but anything new is confusing till you learn.

But there will be a lot of people who like the fact there is 2 pots to play for and have 2 chances at winning the hand going by my own experience it is how i got into pl08 playing freerolls on another site and on sky i think it used to be a Sunday years ago there was a pl08 freeroll on here and those freerolls got me into the game and since then i pretty much turned to playing pl08 with the odd dabble in hold em.

P.s thank you for the help on Thursday was very good of you/sky and i managed to do ok so thank you again.

• edited November 2016

Excellent post Brian I could not agree more with you regarding the Thursday schedule.
  • edited November 2016
      Excellent post Brian I could not agree more with you regarding the Thursday schedule.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    +1 great post

With it ukops mini week, it could have been a great opportunity to introduce a plo8 mtt into the mix. 
  • edited November 2016
    Hi guys, I've changed the Thursday evening schedule so that just the FOSP games are running. This will help boost the runners and if they smash the guarantees I'll bump them back up again.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi guys, I've changed the Thursday evening schedule so that just the FOSP games are running. This will help boost the runners and if they smash the guarantees I'll bump them back up again.
    Posted by Sky__James

Thank you for the reply as i would imagine your more than busy with ukops as it is and the change hopefully it does help and the numbers go back up.