You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER ICE_TIGER

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
We have had the go ahead from North Captain DarkAngel7 that her pairings are ready.

Once we receive a similar go ahead from South Captain MISTY4ME (Although no rush Misty, take till Tues Evening if you need to), we will then arrange for the pairings to be disclosed.

GL all!

Comments

• edited December 2016

TRIAL POKER "RYDER CUP" RESULTS

SCORES AND FORMAT BELOW (FROM TRIAL RUN):

OVERALL SCORE          
    NORTH 5.5 SOUTH 6.5        

RYDER CUP “FOURSOMES” (FIVE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
          MATCH SCORE      
    MATCH NO NORTH PLAYER SOUTH PLAYER NORTH SOUTH NTH COMB STH COMB RESULT
    ONE ICE_TIGER STAYORGO 2 3 4 6 SOUTH
    ONE AJMILTON ESSEXPHIL 2 3

WIN

TWO FEELGROGGY IRISHROSE 5 0 6 0 NORTH
    TWO MATTPRAWN MONKEYGLB 1 0

WIN

THREE MAXALLY JORDZ16 2 3 4 6 SOUTH
    THREE THISLTEDU MANIA1129 2 3     WIN

RYDER CUP “FOURBALLS” (THREE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
          MATCH SCORE      
    FOUR LIMP2LOSE MISTY4ME 2 0 7 4
    FOUR THISLTEDU MONKEYGLB 2 1

NORTH
    FOUR LIMP2LOSE MONKEYGLB 1 2

WIN
    FOUR THISLTEDU MISTY4ME 2 1

FIVE MAXALLY ESSEXPHIL 1 2 2 10
    FIVE AJMILTON JORDZ16 0 3

SOUTH
    FIVE MAXALLY JORDZ16 0 3

WIN
    FIVE AJMILTON ESSEXPHIL 1 2

SIX MATTPRAWN STAYORGO 0 3 4 8
    SIX ICE_TIGER IRISHROSE 2 1

SOUTH
    SIX MATTPRAWN IRISHROSE 1 2

WIN
    SIX ICE_TIGER STAYORGO 1 2

RYDER CUP “SINGLES” (SIX GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)
          MATCH SCORE      
    SEVEN THISLTEDU ESSEXPHIL 4 1 4 1 NORTH WIN

EIGHT ICE_TIGER JORDZ16 3 3 3 3 HALF

NINE MATTPRAWN MISTY4ME 3 3 3 3 HALF

TEN AJMILTON MONKEYGLB 2 4 2 4 SOUTH WIN

ELEVEN LIMP2LOSE STAYORGO 4 1 4 1 NORTH WIN

TWELVE MAXALLY IRISHROSE 3 3 3 3 HALF

Captains will be required to order their players as follows:

A,B,C,D,E and F for "foursomes"

1,2,3,4,5 and 6 for "fourballs"

and

U,V,W,X,Y and Z for singles.

I recommend that the foursomes can be played in any order to ease scheduling. When complete, the fourballs in any order, but coming to the singles, order may be critical, so play those sequentially if possible. The captains will only order the fourballs, when the foursomes are complete, and only order the singles, when the fourballs are complete.

There are 12 points up for grabs, with the winning team needing to reach 6.5 points to win. GL!

Captains can discuss draw tactics with their team, but must not discuss selections with opposing team members or opposing captain. Any questions, queries, let me know.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. (PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR POKER RYDER CUP STUFF NOW):
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. (PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR POKER RYDER CUP STUFF NOW) : When misty finally gets out of the bunker (there won't be any sand left) and send me his pairings, i'll post them .
    Posted by chilling

N1 Chill!
  • edited October 2016
    Chil, I have the South's pairings from Misty, so hopefully you now have both sets of pairings.

We're ready when you are to release them!

COME ON SAAARF!
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. PLEASE NOW USE THIS THREAD FOR ALL THINGS RYDER CUP RELATED:
    Hi graham, ive been waiting on misty's pairings, but havent received them. So lets kick on then if you have them. Representing the north in match 1..........ice tiger and AJ Representing the north in match 2..........Danny and matt Representing the north in match 3..........Alan and Donald What a soft lot they look, easy meat.
    Posted by chilling

Hi, thanks for this.

I'm being OCD here, but the order of pairings is important. (it determines who they will play)

In the fourballs it wouldn't matter, but in the foursomes it does.

They should be labelled A,B,C,D,E,F as detailed under the spreadsheet on the openng post.

I assume it is

A - Ice_toger
    B - AJ
    C - Danny
    D - Matt
    E - Alan
    F - Donald

Is that correct?

The South's pairings are

A - StayOrGo
    B-  EssexPhil
    C - IrishRose
    D - MonkeyGLB
    E - Jordz16
    F- Mania1129.

I will update the open post spreadsheet.

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    OK, I have updated the opening post with the foursomes fixtures.

Just so everyone is absolutely clear on how the foursomes format will work, I will explain later tonight (when I'm done for the day poker wise)

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    OK, Poker done for the night.

So FOURSOMES in golf is alternate shot, but clearly we can't do anything similar in Poker.

So I decided to go with a format that is probably as close as we can get.

So lets take match 2.

FEELGROGGY and MATTPRAWN are the team for the NORTH and IRISHROSE and MONKEYGLB the team for the South.

In FOURSOMES they will NOT each play BOTH opponents, they just play ONE

in FOURBALLS they EACH play BOTH opponents.

So, in this case, its FOURSOMES, so in match 2 FEELGROGGY plays IRISHROSE ONLY and MATTPRAWN plays MONKEYGLB ONLY.

Each match plays 5 games. (even if it's 3-0, 3-1 or 4-0, you still play keep going)

The total games won by FEELGROGGY plus the total games won by MATTPRAWN = The North team score for match 2, and the same for IRISHROSE and MONKEYGLB in the South team.

So in the FOURSOMES, the game can stop if the TOTAL TEAM score gets to 6 points (5 points = a half), but it may be worth playing it out anyway, if you want to.

Ideally the two heads up pairings in each match would take place concurrently, but we may have to compromise here if it's too difficult to schedule.

Hope this makes sense, and GL!

Regarding Match 1, STAYORGO will play ICE_TIGER and AJMILTON will play ESSEXPHIL
    Regarding Match 2, FEELGROGGY will play IRISHROSE  and MATTPRAWN will play MONKEYGLB
    Regarding Match 3, MAXALLY will play JORDZ16  and THISLTEDU will play MANIA1129

AS WITH THE HEADS UP COMP, THE GAMES WILL BE £1.05 NLHE HEADS UP SPEED SNG's.

I have a bit of a strange schedule this week. I can play anytime between 12-5pm between now and this Sunday(16th). If an evening game is required, I can play between 5pm-7pm from next Tuesday (18th) onwards.

Ideally myself, ICE_TIGER, AJMILTON and ESSEXPHIL can all play at the same time, but we'll see how it goes.

If the other 11 of you could also post on the thread, that would be great. Matches at this stage don't need to be played in order.

Clears as mud, I hope.

If anyone needs further clarification, please let me know.

Please post on here to try and schedule your matches.

GL all!

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    Right ice and aj can you post when your available please. 
  • edited October 2016
    I am available today 1 - 6pm
    Wednesday 12/10 - not available
    Thursday 13/10 - 1 - 7pm
    Friday 14/10 - 1 - 10pm
    Sat 15/10 not available
    Sun 16/10 - 4.30 - 9pm
    Mon 17/10 - 1 - 7pm
    Tues 18/10 - 1 - 10pm
    Wed 19/10 - 1 - 5pm

Not sure what is required so if someone can tell me that would be useful. Thank you.
  • edited October 2016

Yo Jordz. I am on most evenings apart from Wed/Thurs this week & Tues/Thurs next week. Looking forward to playing a round of poker with ya....loser gets the round in at the 19th ;)
  • edited October 2016
    Well im 90% sure i'll be free friday evening.. between 6-8 good for you? 

I shall confirm for sure on Thurs evening. 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED:
    Well im 90% sure i'll be free friday evening.. between 6-8 good for you?  I shall confirm for sure on Thurs evening. 
    Posted by jordz16

Yep....Friday evening is good. I will hopefully make that time depending if or not I go for a 'quick pint' after work .
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED:
    I am available today 1 - 6pm Wednesday 12/10 - not available Thursday 13/10 - 1 - 7pm Friday 14/10 - 1 - 10pm Sat 15/10 not available Sun 16/10 - 4.30 - 9pm Mon 17/10 - 1 - 7pm Tues 18/10 - 1 - 10pm Wed 19/10 - 1 - 5pm Not sure what is required so if someone can tell me that would be useful. Thank you.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

AJ/Phil, if all 4 of us can play at same time, that would be great.

What dates/time fit in with mine and ice-tiger's availability?

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : AJ/Phil, if all 4 of us can play at same time, that would be great. What dates/time fit in with mine and ice-tiger's availability? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I'm fine with any time that suits others....

PS-when starts, where on the site do we actually go to play?

Phil
  • edited October 2016
    Hi Mattprawn

Time for you to get revenge :) .... maybe!! I feel I have a big target on my head now!!

I have a hectic week but could possibly be free Friday or over the weekend ..... am sure we will sort it out - otherwise next week looks completely empty.

Let me know your movements so I can get the South a much needed point ;-)

MonkeyGLB
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : AJ/Phil, if all 4 of us can play at same time, that would be great. What dates/time fit in with mine and ice-tiger's availability? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi guys i'm avalible 
    Monday to Friday...after6.30pm
    Sat/Sun....midday to midnight

Regards Alan ((the saarrff are going down)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Hi guys i'm avalible  Monday to Friday...after6.30pm Sat/Sun....midday to midnight Regards Alan ((the saarrff are going down)
    Posted by ajmilton

Looking at AJ, Phil, mine and ice_tiger's schedules, if all four of us are to play at same time, how does this Sunday at 4.30pm sound, or failing that, Weds 19th Oct at 6.30pm?

BTW, I can also play between midnight and 3am on any night, if that helps.

In answer to Phil's question.

You synch up with your opponent on here and register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG, and then play five games.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Right lets get the first match under way and sorted out first, which is...

IceTiger and AJMilton for the North

and

StayorGo and Essexphil for the south.

Once this match has been complete then will move onto the next match as so not to get confused?

Best of luck to all players but COME ON THE NORTH, we've got the grit and got the soul. What's the south have? lol :P
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Looking at AJ, Phil, mine and ice_tiger's schedules, if all four of us are to play at same time, how does this Sunday at 4.30pm sound, or failing that, Weds 19th Oct at 6.30pm? BTW, I can also play between midnight and 3am on any night, if that helps. In answer to Phil's question. You synch up with your opponent on here and register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG, and then play five games. Cheers, G

I'm fine with either. The sooner the better really-let's get this party started! On that note, the other 4s should feel free to be first if can arrange theirs earlier....
  • edited October 2016
    Right lets get the first match under way and sorted out first, which is... IceTiger and AJMilton for the North and StayorGo and Essexphil for the south. Once this match has been complete then will move onto the next match as so not to get confused? Best of luck to all players but COME ON THE NORTH, we've got the grit and got the soul. What's the south have? lol :P
    Posted by Darkangel7

Hi Angel.

I think for the foursomes, this will cause too much of a delay, we can do it for the singles, but at this stage, I would suggest that everyone tries to arrange their foursomes matches concurrently. If you can get all 4 in your "match" to play at the same time, that would add to the suspense/drama of it.

It will just take too long if we try and go sequentially at this stage.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED :
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Looking at AJ, Phil, mine and ice_tiger's schedules, if all four of us are to play at same time, how does this Sunday at 4.30pm sound, or failing that, Weds 19th Oct at 6.30pm? BTW, I can also play between midnight and 3am on any night, if that helps. In answer to Phil's question. You synch up with your opponent on here and register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG, and then play five games. Cheers, G I'm fine with either. The sooner the better really-let's get this party started! On that note, the other 4s should feel free to be first if can arrange theirs earlier....
    Posted by Essexphil

Hi Phil, thanks for your flexibility, we will set the date/time as soon as ice_tiger and ajmilton get back to us.

And yes, absolutely, everyone should try and play their match ASAP, no need to wait for us.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Really sorry folks - but I'm rarely able to play til around 8pm at the earliest :(  If this will cause too many issues I can give up my place to another southerner?
  • edited October 2016
    Really sorry folks - but I'm rarely able to play til around 8pm at the earliest :(  If this will cause too many issues I can give up my place to another southerner?
    Posted by IrishRose

Hi Rose.

It's not a problem.

It's only match 1 where we are suggesting an early start. I'm sure the players in match2 (your one) will accomodate your request to play after 8.30pm. If it's hard to schedule for the 4 of you, just arrange a time that suits with FEELGROGGY and if need be play your match in isolation.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Looking at AJ, Phil, mine and ice_tiger's schedules, if all four of us are to play at same time, how does this Sunday at 4.30pm sound, or failing that, Weds 19th Oct at 6.30pm? BTW, I can also play between midnight and 3am on any night, if that helps. In answer to Phil's question. You synch up with your opponent on here and register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG, and then play five games. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Cannot do Wednesday 19 October in the evening as I am out all night.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Cannot do Wednesday 19 October in the evening as I am out all night.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

So this Sunday at 4.30pm ICE?

Phil, AJ, OK with you?

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : So this Sunday at 4.30pm ICE? Phil, AJ, OK with you? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    That sounds good to me. Just need to know what to do.
  • edited October 2016
    Had a think about it and there would be time constraints with Danny jetting off to Punta Cana in the next few weeks. So yes I agree, was just an idea. Go for it and good luck to all :)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : That sounds good to me. Just need to know what to do.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Fine for me
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : That sounds good to me. Just need to know what to do.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

OK Ice.

At 4.28pm on Sunday we both post on this thread to say that we are ready. Hopefully AJ and Phil will do that too.

If we are ready to play. I will register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG. You will have to look for me and register quickly before anyone else nips in. We then play 5 games, using the re-match functionality. All being well, Phil and AJ do the same thing at the same time.

OK with that?

Cheers,

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : OK Ice. At 4.28pm on Sunday we both post on this thread to say that we are ready. Hopefully AJ and Phil will do that too. If we are ready to play. I will register for a £1.05 Heads Up Speed SNG. You will have to look for me and register quickly before anyone else nips in. We then play 5 games, using the re-match functionality. All being well, Phil and AJ do the same thing at the same time. OK with that? Cheers, G 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Sounds Fine.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker "RYDER CUP" Results, Pairings and Fixture arranging thread. FOURSOMES PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED : Sounds Fine.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Great, see you then!