You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today.

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat

Please be aware of the change in the November Happy Hours Promotion which is shown HERE.

It was originally shown as TRIPLE POINTS for 3 hours per day (hours vary) on all Cash Games & SNG's until December 4th.

Effective today, & until December 4th, the SNG's will be DOUBLE points during Happy Hours, not Triple points. This will remain in place until December 4th.

The Triple Points for Cash Games in the allotted hours DOES remain in force, & will do so until December 4th.

Apologies for this.

PS - permission to chunter GRANTED

Comments

• edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today.:
    That's poor
    Posted by Jac35
    Don't disagree Paul, it's certainly not ideal.

Having said that, 2X Points on all SNG's is still pretty good, & the Cash Games, where the vast majority of traffic resides, remains as 3x Points.

So it's far from terrible. Just a shame there was a communication error somewhere down the line.

• edited November 2016

In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today.:
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Don't disagree Paul, it's certainly not ideal. Having said that, 2X Points on all SNG's is still pretty good, & the Cash Games, where the vast majority of traffic resides, remains as 3x Points. So it's far from terrible. Just a shame there was a communication error somewhere down the line.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Double points is good, yes. However, it's not what was originally promised.
    It's a pretty big communication error. 
    I don't really think that you should post on this. I doubt very much that this sits easily with you as you're not someone who would ever do this. If it's a mistake and not as profitable for Sky as they first forecast, then they should just suck it up rather than go back on their word.

Might be an idea to update the promotions page for people who don't read the forum as well.
  • edited November 2016
    This is terrible form and really dissapointing for the sng grinders on the site, any explanation as to why this is the case?

I agree double points is still good and if the site announced double points all month at the start of the month everyone would of been happy, but to offer triple points and then take it away after a week just for sng's is just amateur and reflects very badly on the site. 
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : In Response to  Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Double points is good, yes. However, it's not what was originally promised. It's a pretty big communication error.  I don't really think that you should post on this. I doubt very much that this sits easily with you as you're not someone who would ever do this. If it's a mistake and not as profitable for Sky as they first forecast, then they should just suck it up rather than go back on their word. Might be an idea to update the promotions page for people who don't read the forum as well.
    Posted by Jac35
    As far as I am aware, the Promo Page has been updated - see the link in my OP.
  • edited November 2016
    Agreed Jac35. It is poor form to advertise a promotion and then curtail the original offer. But that said, double points every evening is still a great promo, just not as nice as triple!
  • edited November 2016
    This is terrible form and really dissapointing for the sng grinders on the site, any explanation as to why this is the case? I agree double points is still good and if the site announced double points all month at the start of the month everyone would of been happy, but to offer triple points and then take it away after a week just for sng's is just amateur and reflects very badly on the site. 
    Posted by benc
    I hear you benc, but the decision has been made, & it is what it is.

Bear in mind ALL Promos here & elsewhere have a T & C  which allows them to change these sort of things without notice.

The Promos on Sky Poker are as good & varied as any site I know. This does not change that, & 2X Points is still a good Promo imo.  

• edited November 2016
    Agreed Jac35. It is poor form to advertise a promotion and then curtail the original offer. But that said, double points every evening is still a great promo, just not as nice as triple!
    Posted by clarke1789
    That's about it Nobby.

Suppose it depends how you look at it.

I'm a SNG player here & I was looking forward to another few weeks of 3X Points, but 2X is still pretty handy & the difference won't kill me.  

• edited November 2016

I'm going to be offline for an hour or so - Tesco awaits - but I'll reply where necessary to incoming when I get back online.
  • edited November 2016
    I feel sorry for Tony as he is just the conduit to the forum and I hope everyone remembers it is not HIS decision here.
    For my part, I am disappointed, as I did not really take part in this promo last week as I put more of my time and energy into the Mini UKOPS, on the knowledge that the triple points for SNGs would be there for the rest of the month.  I will not go over the top here, Sky run lots of promotions for all of us, I was, I guess, just unlucky not to be able to fill my boots this time around. 
    Double points are good, Triple points etc.

• edited November 2016
    Not the news i wanted to wake up to :((
    Sky overall do a super job so I forgive u for this mistake. 
    But couldnt we have like an extra 1-2 hours a day on double points for the error ?
  • edited November 2016

But they're still keeping it 10pm - 1am  Sundays....
  • edited November 2016
    Not the news i wanted to wake up to :(( Sky overall do a super job so I forgive u for this mistake.  But couldnt we have like an extra 1-2 hours a day on double points for the error ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Isnt that just a "I don't do mornings and don't get up until 13.00" brag ;)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Isnt that just a "I don't do mornings and don't get up until 13.00" brag ;)
    Posted by Jac35
    I treated myself and didnt set an alarm today,
  • edited November 2016
    To some big rakers on the site sky were actually losing money so i can understand this. Just wasnt thought out at the start.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : In Response to  Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Double points is good, yes. However, it's not what was originally promised. It's a pretty big communication error.  I don't really think that you should post on this. I doubt very much that this sits easily with you as you're not someone who would ever do this. If it's a mistake and not as profitable for Sky as they first forecast, then they should just suck it up rather than go back on their word. Might be an idea to update the promotions page for people who don't read the forum as well.
    Posted by Jac35
    A big +1 to this

On homepage still has this

Happy Hours

Earn triple poker points...
    ♠ On all Cash and Sit & Go games
    ♠ 3 hours of happiness every day
    ♠ Every day for a whole month

More Details

• edited November 2016

Churchy (& earlier, Jac) are correct, that Home Page should have been changed, my apologies.

I linked to the Promo Page which had been changed, & to which Jac referred, but I never visit the Home Page & tbh, it never crossed my mind.

It will be changed shortly.
  • edited November 2016
    The banner that pops up will need changing too, just in case hadnt been thought of.

I did think it was an extremely generous promotion. Now it is a generous promotion which has been sadly tarnished and won't be remembered as generous, rather than for the "lost value" compared to the advertisement and 1st week of operation.

Shame I couldnt fill my boots last week.

• edited November 2016
    To some big rakers on the site sky were actually losing money so i can understand this. Just wasnt thought out at the start.
    Posted by stuarty117

I can't see how that would be possible, even with x3 points as the 10% priority bonus is based on rake not points?

• edited November 2016
    Dissapointing news, this promotion did seem too good to be true in the first place. Was certainly enjoying the increased traffic on DYM's and I started putting in the hours again. Double points every night is still great, just knowing we should have had triple will be frustrating. 
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : I can't see how that would be possible, even with x3 points as the 10% priority bonus is based on rake not points?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I am talking about the big rakeback guys. If you hit 50k points you get 20%.

I am prob wrong as i just added the 20% weekly plus the 20% monthy and tripled it. But i am sure its close to 100% rb

Just worked it out around 80% rb maybe thats alot
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : A big +1 to this On homepage still has this Happy Hours Earn triple poker points... ♠ On all Cash and Sit & Go games ♠ 3 hours of happiness every day ♠ Every day for a whole month More Details
    Posted by churchy18
    This has been changed now Brian, thanks for pointing it out. And Paul, obv.  
  • edited November 2016
    Right guys, I've got a few things to say which I think are totally fair and haven't been picked up on yet. I would hope cash game players agree with me on these points, but I don't expect to hear from anyone on the cash side because they are all probably doing cartwheels right about now...

Before I get in to what I need to say, I want to thank Sky for the amazing promotions they do. I for one have benefited greatly in the past from these because I work hard and put series hours in to capitalise on things like 'The Sky Premier League' and 'Happy Days' etc. I also want to say I benefited ridiculously well from last weeks treble points, and I had a feeling something like this would happen. I was prepared for this promo to be cancelled or reduced to double, and I would have been totally fine about that if it was done in a fair manor.

What has happened that a lot of previous posters haven't picked up on is this... Sky have reduced it to double on SNG because a fair few big cash grinders, e.g JMcCririck, have come over and started playing the £55-£110 DYM's where they are raking less money than they would on cash games. The DYM games have been bouncing the last few days, and they have attracted all kinds of players who don't generally play them. So, to make more money, Sky have basically decided to kill the DYM games by getting rid of treble points as they know people who are chasing for the Premier League won't play DYM for double when they can play the Spin Up tables on treble points.

So what is going to happen this week?
    • Casual players who mix it between SNG and cash will see that it's treble in cash but only double in SNG, and will therefore play cash.
    • Versatile professionals who are chasing for the Premier League will also play cash above SNG.
    • DYM players will have their £110 games basically killed off & £33-£55 games will drop in volume.
    • The Premier League will be dominated by cash players because they have the extreme advantage of earning treble points over SNG's doubles. Not only will they earn more points, but they will get more action than SNG players as their games will be less appealing.
    Now I know that poker sites are in it to increase the amount of rake being paid and they are looking out for their best interests here, and I am always okay when things like this happen, as long as all players are treated with respect. SNG players have been treated terribly here. Happy days is usually massive value because it's for SNG's only, and cash players have their 'Rewards Accelerator' days at a separate time so it's totally fair for both types of players. Double points here isn't even that good because like I said earlier people will be playing cash for treble instead, so the action won't be that good on SNG.

So what would make it fair?
    • An unpopular suggestion would be to drop cash games to double too. I genuinly don't want to endorse this, but it would make things even.
    • SNG's get 5-6 hours of double points instead of 3, so players actually have a window of time where they prefer to play SNG over cash games as it won't be treble points for cash at the same time.
    To summarise my thoughts... SNG grinders will lose 40-50% of the money they would have been expecting to earn, while cash players will go on to dominate the Premier League and get more action. I would hope people read this and believe what I am saying is fair, although I do understand people will consider my opinions to be bias as I play SNG's for a living.

I hope the people in charge of this promotion read what I've said and take my point about giving SNG players an extra 2-3 hours of double points, or move the time slot of double points for SNG's to say 6pm-9pm so we don't have to compete with the treble points on the cash tables.

One last thing, as I definitely want to finish on a positive... I've played poker on Sky for 7-8 months now and I've got to say in all honestly I've been looked after so well by everyone. I made a load of friends in Vegas and managed to make a living playing on Sky, and I won't forget any of that and I am very grateful for the opportunites I've been given to basically live the dream. But I just have to be honest and say that on this instance my high expectations of this company have some what disappointed me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.
  • edited November 2016
    Mildly disappointing but not worth getting grumpy over. (Jac excepted)

Look around the forum to get it in perspective.
  • edited November 2016
    Right guys, I've got a few things to say which I think are totally fair and haven't been picked up on yet. I would hope cash game players agree with me on these points, but I don't expect to hear from anyone on the cash side because they are all probably doing cartwheels right about now... Before I get in to what I need to say, I want to thank Sky for the amazing promotions they do. I for one have benefited greatly in the past from these because I work hard and put series hours in to capitalise on things like 'The Sky Premier League' and 'Happy Days' etc. I also want to say I benefited ridiculously well from last weeks treble points, and I had a feeling something like this would happen. I was prepared for this promo to be cancelled or reduced to double, and I would have been totally fine about that if it was done in a fair manor. What has happened that a lot of previous posters haven't picked up on is this... Sky have reduced it to double on SNG because a fair few big cash grinders, e.g JMcCririck, have come over and started playing the £55-£110 DYM's where they are raking less money than they would on cash games. The DYM games have been bouncing the last few days, and they have attracted all kinds of players who don't generally play them. So, to make more money, Sky have basically decided to kill the DYM games by getting rid of treble points as they know people who are chasing for the Premier League won't play DYM for double when they can play the Spin Up tables on treble points. So what is going to happen this week? Casual players who mix it between SNG and cash will see that it's treble in cash but only double in SNG, and will therefore play cash. Versatile professionals who are chasing for the Premier League will also play cash above SNG. DYM players will have their £110 games basically killed off & £33-£55 games will drop in volume. The Premier League will be dominated by cash players because they have the extreme advantage of earning treble points over SNG's doubles. Not only will they earn more points, but they will get more action than SNG players as their games will be less appealing. Now I know that poker sites are in it to increase the amount of rake being paid and they are looking out for their best interests here, and I am always okay when things like this happen, as long as all players are treated with respect. SNG players have been treated terribly here. Happy days is usually massive value because it's for SNG's only , and cash players have their 'Rewards Accelerator' days at a separate time so it's totally fair for both types of players. Double points here isn't even that good because like I said earlier people will be playing cash for treble instead, so the action won't be that good on SNG. So what would make it fair? An unpopular suggestion would be to drop cash games to double too. I genuinly don't want to endorse this, but it would make things even. SNG's get 5-6 hours of double points instead of 3, so players actually have a window of time where they prefer to play SNG over cash games as it won't be treble points for cash at the same time. To summarise my thoughts... SNG grinders will lose 40-50% of the money they would have been expecting to earn, while cash players will go on to dominate the Premier League and get more action. I would hope people read this and believe what I am saying is fair, although I do understand people will consider my opinions to be bias as I play SNG's for a living. I hope the people in charge of this promotion read what I've said and take my point about giving SNG players an extra 2-3 hours of double points, or move the time slot of double points for SNG's to say 6pm-9pm so we don't have to compete with the treble points on the cash tables. One last thing, as I definitely want to finish on a positive... I've played poker on Sky for 7-8 months now and I've got to say in all honestly I've been looked after so well by everyone. I made a load of friends in Vegas and managed to make a living playing on Sky, and I won't forget any of that and I am very grateful for the opportunites I've been given to basically live the dream. But I just have to be honest and say that on this instance my high expectations of this company have some what disappointed me. Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.
    Posted by The_Reflex

Hi,

I don't agree with all of that, but I do respect the fact you have added balance to the post.

Not unreasonably, you write from the perspective of a big SNG player, & right now, you feel aggrieved that it is "unfair" on you guys.

Just 15 minutes ago, over on the Prio Board, a chap with the alias "GregUK" made an equally balanced post, though on another subject, a different Promo. He is an MTT player though, & he feels hard done by that MTT players are unfairly treated in his view. (I could & will debate that, as I have in the past, but it can wait for now). Quite difficult to get something that equally pleases everyone. 

Anyway, your post will be sent up to Sky Towers in the next few minutes for their perusal. I doubt they'll change anything, but you never know. TimmyRaRa did make a similar point about maybe extending the 2X Hours. 

If I hear back from the Office, I'll let you know. 

Thanks for being as understanding as possible, given where you sit.

• edited November 2016
    Right guys, I've got a few things to say which I think are totally fair and haven't been picked up on yet. I would hope cash game players agree with me on these points, but I don't expect to hear from anyone on the cash side because they are all probably doing cartwheels right about now... Before I get in to what I need to say, I want to thank Sky for the amazing promotions they do. I for one have benefited greatly in the past from these because I work hard and put series hours in to capitalise on things like 'The Sky Premier League' and 'Happy Days' etc. I also want to say I benefited ridiculously well from last weeks treble points, and I had a feeling something like this would happen. I was prepared for this promo to be cancelled or reduced to double, and I would have been totally fine about that if it was done in a fair manor. What has happened that a lot of previous posters haven't picked up on is this... Sky have reduced it to double on SNG because a fair few big cash grinders, e.g JMcCririck, have come over and started playing the £55-£110 DYM's where they are raking less money than they would on cash games. The DYM games have been bouncing the last few days, and they have attracted all kinds of players who don't generally play them. So, to make more money, Sky have basically decided to kill the DYM games by getting rid of treble points as they know people who are chasing for the Premier League won't play DYM for double when they can play the Spin Up tables on treble points. So what is going to happen this week? Casual players who mix it between SNG and cash will see that it's treble in cash but only double in SNG, and will therefore play cash. Versatile professionals who are chasing for the Premier League will also play cash above SNG. DYM players will have their £110 games basically killed off & £33-£55 games will drop in volume. The Premier League will be dominated by cash players because they have the extreme advantage of earning treble points over SNG's doubles. Not only will they earn more points, but they will get more action than SNG players as their games will be less appealing. Now I know that poker sites are in it to increase the amount of rake being paid and they are looking out for their best interests here, and I am always okay when things like this happen, as long as all players are treated with respect. SNG players have been treated terribly here. Happy days is usually massive value because it's for SNG's only , and cash players have their 'Rewards Accelerator' days at a separate time so it's totally fair for both types of players. Double points here isn't even that good because like I said earlier people will be playing cash for treble instead, so the action won't be that good on SNG. So what would make it fair? An unpopular suggestion would be to drop cash games to double too. I genuinly don't want to endorse this, but it would make things even. SNG's get 5-6 hours of double points instead of 3, so players actually have a window of time where they prefer to play SNG over cash games as it won't be treble points for cash at the same time. To summarise my thoughts... SNG grinders will lose 40-50% of the money they would have been expecting to earn, while cash players will go on to dominate the Premier League and get more action. I would hope people read this and believe what I am saying is fair, although I do understand people will consider my opinions to be bias as I play SNG's for a living. I hope the people in charge of this promotion read what I've said and take my point about giving SNG players an extra 2-3 hours of double points, or move the time slot of double points for SNG's to say 6pm-9pm so we don't have to compete with the treble points on the cash tables. One last thing, as I definitely want to finish on a positive... I've played poker on Sky for 7-8 months now and I've got to say in all honestly I've been looked after so well by everyone. I made a load of friends in Vegas and managed to make a living playing on Sky, and I won't forget any of that and I am very grateful for the opportunites I've been given to basically live the dream. But I just have to be honest and say that on this instance my high expectations of this company have some what disappointed me. Thanks for taking the time to read this long post.
    Posted by The_Reflex
    Great post Liam.
    I like the idea of 7.00pm-12pm double points on Sng's
  • edited November 2016
    Mildly disappointing but not worth getting grumpy over. (Jac excepted) Look around the forum to get it in perspective.
    Posted by dragon1964
    You are a wise Dragon.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Great post Liam. I like the idea of 7.00pm-12pm double points on Sng's
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    quelle surprise

;)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : quelle surprise ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    No harm in trying Sir :)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : I am talking about the big rakeback guys. If you hit 50k points you get 20%. I am prob wrong as i just added the 20% weekly plus the 20% monthy and tripled it. But i am sure its close to 100% rb Just worked it out around 80% rb maybe thats alot
    Posted by stuarty117
    It is not right to multiply the monthly bonus by 3 as the extra points do not affect the rakeback which is based on rake not points.