You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today.

13»

Comments

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today.:
    It's an old argument that probably isn't worth revisiting but cash game rake percentage is 7.5% and 5%. Rake for sng's is 10%.  Fancy swapping your lower rake percentage for the increased points shakinaces?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Plus 1 jd give me 7.5% rake and less points any day
  • edited November 2016
    Hopefully everyone is happy that this week it looks like there's now 15 hours of 3x and 2x points (probably just til Thursday).

9pm til 12pm is a long time but I think donttelmum has took full advantage and hasn't moved out of his chair for 2 days.

I for one would be very disappointed if I found out that multipliers weren't in place for the full 15hrs as stated in the scrolling banner ;)

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : This affected me on another site a cpl of years back. It was so frustrating to get told the rules have changed when you,ve committed yourself to a promo and put time aside to take advantage of it. At least on Sky ppl get a chance to vent on the forum and actually get listened too and hopefully they can offer some form of alternative to the players taking part. Just hope Sky learn from their mistake and future promos are better thought out (as far as i,m aware this is the 1st time a promo has been changed on here)  ps - good work Tikay (Don,t envy your job when things like this happen)
    Posted by MP33
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. 

• edited November 2016
    Hopefully everyone is happy that this week it looks like there's now 15 hours of 3x and 2x points (probably just til Thursday). 9pm til 12pm is a long time but I think donttelmum has took full advantage and hasn't moved out of his chair for 2 days. I for one would be very disappointed if I found out that multipliers weren't in place for the full 15hrs as stated in the scrolling banner ;)
    Posted by WUBBLE
    Morning Swivelly chair Chap.

I'm not sure if you are being serious, or just having a little sport. ("LIKE") Under the circumstances, I can't really take  chance. 

I'm not sure where the "15 hours" comes from.

The Hours have not changed, 3 hours per night. (9pm - Midnight Mon-Thurs, 10pm - 0100 Fri/Sat/Sun). 

When I saw your post last night I had a look at the scrolling banner thing & it was 100% correct.

Hopefully I just got whooshed.

Any probs, get back to me, & we'll have a Swivelly chair shootout.

• edited November 2016
    I understand that sky have been overwhelmed by the response to the promo, and therefore may have been caught off-guard with it, but surely it’s better to just bite the bullet and then revise future promotions? For multiple reasons, it seems pretty terrible to change it half way through and leaves a sour taste. Someone needs shooting (with a paintball gun).

Like many have said, if the original promotion was double points, then great - everyone’s happy. Just really poor form to change it half way through because of incompetence from someone running the numbers and getting it wrong.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Tikay... Did you speak to the appropriate people about my post, and if so have they replied at all?

• edited November 2016
    Hi Tikay... Did you speak to the appropriate people about my post, and if so have they replied at all?
    Posted by The_Reflex
    Hi bud,

Yes, I discussed the thread with them at length, though not your post specifically. They saw the thread & all the posts within it. Be aware I have no sway here, other than as a go-between really. 

Their current position is that they have no plans to modify the Promo further.

When all is said & done, they do look after the players pretty well. I do agree, it was unfortunate that this Promo was modified after it started, but I look at the bigger picture, & overall, I genuinely believe the players here get looked after as well as possible.

Triple would be grand, yes, but double's not so bad, especially when we combine it with the other benefits we get. 

Which is not the reply you were hoping for, I understand that, but best I tell you the score exactly how it is.    

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Hi bud, Yes, I discussed the thread with them at length, though not your post specifically. They saw the thread & all the posts within it. Be aware I have no sway here, other than as a go-between really.  Their current position is that they have no plans to modify the Promo further.   When all is said & done, they do look after the players pretty well. I do agree, it was unfortunate that this Promo was modified after it started, but I look at the bigger picture, & overall, I genuinely believe the players here get looked after as well as possible.   Triple would be grand, yes, but double's not so bad, especially when we combine it with the other benefits we get.  Which is not the reply you were hoping for, I understand that, but best I tell you the score exactly how it is.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for getting back quickly, appreciate it. 

Losing treble points was never the problem for me, I just wanted to be treated as fair as the spin up boys. I was genuinely tilting yesterday when I couldn't get a game for a good hour, and then I look at the spin lobby and people can't get enough. Sky generally care an awful lot and give a lot back, but I'm sorry to say they haven't shown that on this instance. I mean how hard can it be to move our double point hours slot away from the treble points slot on cash tables?

Like I said, I don't expect treble points, I just expect a level playing field. Every type of poker player on the site should be treated the same.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - Happy Hours REVISED as of today. : Thanks for getting back quickly, appreciate it.  Losing treble points was never the problem for me, I just wanted to be treated as fair as the spin up boys. I was genuinely tilting yesterday when I couldn't get a game for a good hour, and then I look at the spin lobby and people can't get enough. Sky generally care an awful lot and give a lot back, but I'm sorry to say they haven't shown that on this instance. I mean how hard can it be to move our double point hours slot away from the treble points slot on cash tables? Like I said, I don't expect treble points, I just expect a level playing field. Every type of poker player on the site should be treated the same.
    Posted by The_Reflex
    + 1
    two diferent time slots would be win win for sky and players. 
    many would play both which creates more games and more rake for sky