You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary of the PLO8 Champ (Translation... a losing player ) With a bit of life stuff thrown in

13»

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hi AJ

you have only played 3 x 11s and u have won 2 so plus 7

MTTs

1.10 played 15     +1.90
    2.20 played 4       -8.80
    3.30s  played 31    -48.5
    5.50s  played 7     +21.5

Bounty hunters

5.50 played 5    -25.50
    11.00 played 5   -47.50

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Diary of the PLO8 Champ (Translation... a losing player ) With a bit of life stuff thrown in:
    Hi AJ you have only played 3 x 11s and u have won 2 so plus 7 MTTs 1.10 played 15     +1.90 2.20 played 4       -8.80 3.30s  played 31    -48.5 5.50s  played 7     +21.5 Bounty hunters 5.50 played 5    -25.50 11.00 played 5   -47.50
    Posted by stuarty117
    Thanks very much Stu lad,
    if there is anything technical you want to know,
    just ask me mate, 
    I probably won't know the answer,
    but, just ask me anyway. :-)

Regards Alan (plo8 dym crusher)
  • edited March 2017
    Good luck AJ & a belated happy birthday!
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Diary of the PLO8 Champ (Translation... a losing player ) With a bit of life stuff thrown in:
    Still going along nice and steady, as far as the dym's go. I think I am still in profit on these. I have pen and paper at the ready,  to keep track of my play, from March the 1st. (today) If anyone out there, (hello anyone out there,) has access to SHARKSCOPE, and would be so kind (pretty please) to be able to tell me my stats from the 1st of January to the 28th of Feb The info I would like if possible is, (all in plo8 games) £3 dym's.....  how many ...win/ losses £5 dym's.....  how many ...win/losses £11 dym's.... how many.....win losses Tournament's..how many played ..win/ losses  (all buy-in combined) Thanks in advance, if there is anyone (hello is there anyone) who has the time, or inclination, to do this for me. It really will be appreciated. Put me out of my misery am I still in profit (dym's only) Regards Alan (plo8 pmahc chpam mapch, hamch, cha....it'll come back to me)    
    Posted by ajmilton
    Disrespectful. Tell me who has been saying that & I'll have a word.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Diary of the PLO8 Champ (Translation... a losing player ) With a bit of life stuff thrown in : Disrespectful. Tell me who has been saying that & I'll have a word.
    Posted by Tikay10
    No need Tikay lad, 
    It seems, there are a few people that can't spell, the word champ.
    It is quite easy if remember the phrase...

C =   Cheeky
    H =   Happy
    A =   Adorable
    M =   Magnificent 
    P =   Plopper

Failing that , there is always spell checker. ( try it Tikay, you never know :-)..)

Regards Alan ( alway's the plo8 CHAMP!)
  • edited March 2017
    UL last night - couldn't really put you on a hand as strong as AA36 with a suited pair in b v b at that level. As a great champ once said it's not how you start its how you finish and I got there with a rivered wheel.

Did you hear that gas explosion at the weekend?
  • edited March 2017
    UL last night - couldn't really put you on a hand as strong as AA36 with a suited pair in b v b at that level. As a great champ once said it's not how you start its how you finish and I got there with a rivered wheel. Did you hear that gas explosion at the weekend?
    Posted by Phantom66
    No problem,  phantom lad.
    It seems in the last couple of weeks, 
    that I have been constantly battered by the river card.
    ( and I am not forgetting it's helped me )

Top tip from the champ, 
    if you haven't got the absolute nuts by the turn,
    No point in crying, moaning, if you get beat by the river card.
    It's a drawing game, you hit, I didn't.

The explosion, no I didn't hear it,
    I think I had my head phones on at the time.
    It must have been some explosion to wipe out those buildings.

I will update this thread on the weekend, 
    to update my progress on becoming a winning player,
    I haven't totted it up yet, I use 1 for a win and 0 for a loss
    A quick scan at looks like, 50/50 at the mo. (I know, it's edge of your seat stuff lol)

Regards Alan (hopeful  plo8 champ)

• edited April 2017

Results  for March

DYM’s

£3.30  played 106  won 51.. lost 55

£5.50  played 20   won 12…. Lost 8

£11.00 played 4   won 2 …… lost 2

I’m slightly down compared to Jan and Feb figures, for the dym’s

But I’m not to worried at the moment still early days.

MTT’s

Total buy-in for tourney’s =  £40.30

Total cash’s  =£114-55

Haven’t really played that many this month, as a matter of fact £55 of the cash’s

Have come from free rolls, and £36 from a second place in a Vegas sat.

I do intend to play a lot more  MTT’s in April, I do prefer the tourney’s Rather than the dym’s ,

but I thought playing the dym’s would be  a bit easier, with them being a bit more variance friendly. (hummm lets see  what April brings)

I was planning on a more, in-depth analysis of my games, but time as got the better of me.

If anyone ha sharkscope  to verify  the results that would be smashing  (stuarty17 old buddy old pal)

Regards Alan (plo8 is he or isn’t he in profit champ)

• edited May 2017

I thought I would give you all an update for April, before we get to the end of May.I was on a downswing, the backend of March, which continued for the first couple of weeks into April. I was starting to doubt my ability in these games, I just couldn’t get over the finishing  line  in front.

For example, in the £3 dym’s I played 7 0 games in April, and only on 3 occasions, did I manage to win 2 games in a row. My br was taking a right beating, by the middle of the month, it dipped down to £20. 

I was on the verge of going busto, actually if it was not for the tourneys, I would have gone broke. Second, half of the month, things started to go better, I got some descent cash’s in a few tourneys, and took my br over the magic number £100 happy days.

Then came ukops, played 1 £4.80 sats and 5 £1.20 all in sats for the PLO tourney and managed to bink the last all in, so got in a little cheaper than the £22 asking  price ,

didn’t manage to cash. It was the same story for the PLO8 failed to sat into it , so bought in direct for £22. Cannot remember how long I lasted.

I could not wait to see the end of April, my confidence was very low, I started to question myself in every game I played. Seriously, I do not think I have been on such a bad run in the dym’s.  Every time I won a game, I thought this is it, back to winning, 

but it was false hope. All the winning games were followed by loses of up 2 or3 games. By the end of the month, my br went back down, to around £30. Anyway here are the stats for April.

DYM’s

£2.20  played  1   won 1…. Lost 0

£3.30  played 70  won 25.. lost 50

£5.50  played 12   won 6…. Lost 6

£11.00 played    won 0 …… lost 2

MTT’s

£1  played  4……….. cashed  1 = £7-50

£2  played  1……….cashed   0 = £0

£3  played  14……...cashed  7 = £81.15

£5  played  11………cashed  4 = £115-70

Plus £59.69 from holdem including £32 from freerolls

Really must do better in May, need to get my confidence and discipline back.

Regards Alan (won’t give up plo8 Champ)

• edited May 2017
    Good luck for May champ!
  • edited May 2017
    Good luck for May champ!
    Posted by markycash
    Thank you, Marky lad.
    As it happens May is going a lot better at the moment.
    I'm about 50/50 for dym's (which is great considering Aprils performance)
    doing good in the tourneys. or was.

Decided to play one of the plo8 b/ hunters.
    at 8.30 because £100 gtd has been removed (WHY?)
    So if I want to play a £5 tourney it has to be a b/h.
    I reg for it, that was a mistake, might as well have set fire 
    to a £5 note.

Regards Alan (bring back the £100 gtd plo8 Champ)

• edited May 2017
    Hi AJ

sorry not a member of scope anymore so cant look up your stats. Not been playing much myself maybe get back into it again sometime.
  • edited May 2017
    Hi AJ sorry not a member of scope anymore so cant look up your stats. Not been playing much myself maybe get back into it again sometime.
    Posted by stuarty117
    No worries Stu lad, I know you would if you could m8.

• edited May 2017

Well, the April shower is finally over. With confidence still low, in the first week or so in May, It was time to knuckle down, and stop feeling sorry for myself.

Off to a shaky start, the £3 dym’s are still killing my br, broke even for the first week or so, then started to go downhill again. I think I’ll start playing less of these games. ( played 66 ..Won 31 so far)

The £5 dym’s  played 16 won 12, I somehow feel a lot more comfortable playing  at these stakes, It does seem to me to be a steadier game, for grown-ups, if you will. Unless it’s my imagination, maybe It’s higher buy-in, that makes me focus more. I took a couple of shots at the £11 and a shot at the £16 games , and managed to win all 3, I know I was 100% focused on those games .

I was only able to take a shot at those games because of the cashes in the tourneys, I should be playing dym’s to fund the tourney’s. but, it seems to be the other way around. Cashed for a £113.55 in the £3 games and £171.25 in the £5 games.

So May, so far has been a great month, my br reached the giddy heights of, £216-00. Considering  I was on the bones of my whotsit at the end of April with £30 in my br, I have to say my confidence and discipline  has returned, although I          am still making mistakes (but aware of them ) I intend to hold onto my br and try my best to keep it north of£200, at least until the end of the month.

Run good peeps

Regards Alan (back in profit plo8 champ)

• edited May 2017
    Glad things are going well champ!
  • edited May 2017

Nice turnaround AJ keep it up m8. In fact , as good a U-turn as Teresa May's.
  • edited May 2017
    Great comeback and nice chirpy Diary.
  • edited June 2017

Update time, what a glorious month May was. As stated in my last post, the aim was to keep my br above £200. Well I managed to do it. My br peaked at £236 but finished the month on £229. Happy days.

Still struggling with the £3 dym’s although, I played more in May than in April , I did stop playing them for the last week of the month, and concentrated on the £5 games. Which did pay dividends, I managed to win 10 £5 plo8 dym’s on the bounce, that with the £11 and £16 wins gave my br  a much needed boost, not to mention my confidence.

It is great to hear that Sky, are bringing back the SPT. I will of course be trying to bink a seat via the sats, when they start later in the month. Even more reason to beef up the br. I may even try and get the 200 points I need for the last ticket to Vegas. Anyway stats for May.

DYM’s

£3.30  played 75  won 36.. lost 39

£5.50  played 44   won 28…. Lost 16

£11.00 played  3  won 3 …… lost 0

£16.00 played 1   won  1……. Lost 0

MTT’s

£1  played  7……….. cashed  0 =

£2  played  3……….cashed   2 = £24.34

£3  played  26……...cashed  7 = £130.09

£5  played  13………cashed  6 = £171-25

Plus £49.00 from holdem  freerolls

Regards Alan (on the road to Manchester plo8 Champ)

• edited June 2017
    Nice to see you getting soem positive results AJ, keep it up buddy