You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The WSOP 2017 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Adam Owen , is he the lad from Stoke ?
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread:
    Adam Owen , is he the lad from Stoke ?
    Posted by stokefc
    No, he's Folkestone's finest.

I know him quite well, smashing lad, & he was Day 1 Chippie in the 2-7 Lowball. So I decided to go see him before the start of Day 2 to wish him luck.

It's pretty hard to find anyone here, so many people over such a large area, but I literally bumped into him within 30 seconds. I thought that was an omen, & said "I hope you have the same luck today". He was out 12th or 14th, whoops.... 

• edited June 2017

PS - the fella you are thinking of is Alex Lindop.

He might be here, but I've not seen him.

• edited June 2017
    Event 35 - $1K Super Seniors NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1720 entrants
    It's very rare for someone to win the same WSOP event in consectutive years, even more so in large field events (>1000 players), but that's what James Moore has done.

He followed up his 2016 Super Seniors win with a repeat in 2017. He was too young to play the inaugural event in 2015 so he has a 100% record.

Moore collected $259K, runner-up Kerry Goldberg $160K and third placed John Isler (who I'd been unconciously linking to the tennis player John Isner) a little over $115K.

Event 36 - $5K 6-Max NLH, Day 3 of 4, 574 entrants
    Apparently this always scheduled for 4 days, not 3. Faraz Jaka has been making an impact across several events over the last few weeks, and he is at it again in Event 36. He holds the overnight chip lead with the FT set, ahead of 2016 November Niner Kenny Hallaert and Russian Nadar Kakhmaov.

They reconvene for the FT at 8pm our time tonight.

Event 37 - $1K NLH, Day 2 of 3, 2020 entrants
    Just 20 of the 2020 remain, with the lead held by Chris Johnson who vaulted to the top of the listing very late on.

Vlad Darie is second and Joep Raemakers third. Raemakers is Dutch but lives in one of those Maltese towns that just seem to be random selections of letters - Swieqi.

We still have some British interest too, Katie Swift from Kent who has just one previous WSOP cash to her name but recently won a six-figure sum at a huge event at DTD.

Event 38 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 2 of 3, 120 entrants
    Play is ongoing with 14 left with JC Tran currently chip leader but with 3 Canadians on his tail - Terrence Chan, Sorel Mizzi and Daniel Negreanu. Ian Johns, Ben Yu, Shaun Deeb and Joe McKeehen among the other 10.

Event 39 - $1000 Super Turbo Bounty NLH, 1 Day Event, 1868 entrants
    As I type this, they're down to 3 - Ryan Olisar (USA), Rifat Palevic (Sweden) & Dean Blatt (Australia).

Only a few small cashes for players with "United Kingdom" beside their name - Marcos Martinez, Chun Yam, Andrew Hedley, Chris Brammer, Colin Lovelock, and Kenneth Broad, none of them amounting to more than $1374.

Gavin O'Rourke from Ireland collected more than all those put together with his $25K for 7th spot.

Event 40 - $1500 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo, 3 Day Event, 595 entrants
    Now we're talking. Stud Hi-Lo, what could be better?

Clock has been paused with 6 hands to play so we're close to the end of Day 1. Some of the names recently mentioned in updates (so I assume will be back for Day 2) include David Sklansky, John Racener, Jeff Madsen, Allen Kessler, Joe Hachem and Mike Matusow.

To start today
    Event 41 - $1500 PLO, 3 Day Event
    Event 42 - $10K 6 Max NLH Championship, 3 Day Event

• edited June 2017
    PS - the fella you are thinking of is Alex Lindop. He might be here, but I've not seen him.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    went bed after i posted shattered so i didn,t see your reply , thx Tikay , Alex Lindop thats the lad did well in an event last year if i recall
    great job Barney you make it sound so riviting with your writing and thank you
  • edited June 2017
    Updates
    Event 38
    Not much happened in the final few hands, with the end of day situation much the same as above.

Event 39
    Rifat Palevic
    took a bracelet for Sweden as the whole event was over inide 14 hours. Palevic wins $183 plus whatever bounties he earned.

Ryan Olisar took second and Dean Blatt third.

Event 40
    141 players made Day 2 with two JMs at the top - Jeff Madsen and Jeffrey Mitseff. Cole Jackson is third and in fourth is Chris "Jesus" Ferguson.

I can't see any British players on the reports, but down near the bottom is Irish former November Niner Eoghan O'Dea.
  • edited June 2017
    Event 36 - $5K 6-Max NLH, Day 4 of 4, 574 entrants
    This one has gone to Russia, with Nadar Kakhmazov claiming his first braclet and the $580K first prize.

He beat Chris Hunichen heads-up and 2016 November Niner Kenny Hallaert came third.

Event 37 - $1K NLH, Day 3 of 3, 2020 entrants
    Also a first-time bracelet winner here, with Thomas Reynolds getting the better of James Hughes after a heads-up battle that lasted over 100 hands.

Reynolds had only $11K of recorded cashes before this, but he now has $292K to add to that, which he says he will now spend $10K of to enter the Main Event.

The final table included representatives of Canada, Belgium, Romania and Netherlands/Malta, but the last British player was one of the early Day 3 eliminations, Katie Swift ending up in 19th for $9209.

Event 38 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 3 of 3, 120 entrants
    Most ME winners these days never seem to win another bracelet. Joe McKeehen has proved the exception to that rule as he won his second bracelet on the 10K Limit Hold'em event.

The $311K he won here is, of course, dwarfed by his ME winnings, but will come in handy nonetheless. Jared Talarico finished 2nd, and the best of what was looking like a strong Canadian challenge at one point, Sorel Mizzi was 3rd.

Of the others, Ben Yu was 4th, JC Tran 5th, reigning champion Ian Johns 11th, Daniel Negreanu 13th and Phil Hellmuth 16th. Terrence Chan (who finished 8th) was the subject of a typical expletive-ridden Hellmuth rant when laying a bad beat on the Poker Brat.

Event 40 - $1500 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo, Day 2 of 3, 595 entrants
    Of the players with 6 or more bracelets, Ted Forrest seems to have a relatively low profile but he's in the hunt for number 7 in this event.

He lies third overnight, behind Steve Jelinek and Hal Rotholz, but there are several other good players left such as Max Pescatori, Justin Bonomo, David Sklansky and last woman standing Barbara Lewis.

Event 41 - $1500 PLO, Day 1 of 3, 870 entrants
    138 of the 870 are back for Day 2, seven players away from the bubble with at least a min cash awaiting 131 of them.

Chun Law leads and all-American top 3 from Kyle Knecht and Philip Hayes but not very far behing is Southampton's finest, Toby Lewis.

Also from the South Coast, Jan Collado is 11th while spreading out a bit we have Swansea's Robert Cowen and Londoner Andrew Teng through too.

A few of the more interesting names among the "others" - TJ Cloutier, David Williams, Jeffrey Lisandro and former ME winner Joe Cada.

Event 42 - $10K 6 Max NLH Championship, Day 1 of 3, 332 entrants
    No surprise that the Hold'em varieties definitely attract bigger fields for the $10K events than other games.

Grayson Ramage led for long parts of the day and in the end held on to bag the biggest stack, with 1-time bracelet winner Sam Stein 2nd and 2-time winner (and 2016 November Niner) Cliff Josephy 3rd.

The full list of players has not yet been posted so I will check for other names and GB presence later.

To start today
    Event 43 - $1500 Shootout NLH, 3 Day Event
    Event 44 - $3K HORSE, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017
    Thank you for your sterling work. Asan aside David Williams is on Masterchef USA.  Obviously multi talented.
  • edited June 2017
    Update
    The list of qualifiers for Event 42 was eventually posted, and it is 129 who move on

As mentioned above Grayson Ramage and Sam Stein are the top two, but William Stevenson move into third ahead of Cliff Josephy late on.

I noticed Josephy's home town as I was wading through the lists - Muttontown, New York, and then of course I had look up Muttontown, and found that it is also the hometown of Alicia Keys. Stevenson is also from a town with an interesting name - Palatine, leading me to read about Counties Palantine.

Lots of players marked GB in the report, a little cluster around 20th (Adrien Delmas, Romain Lewis and Charlie Carrel), Phillip McAllister, Andreas Olympios, Chi Zhang, Mian Wei, Daniel Rudd, Sams Trickett & Grafton, Jason McConnon, Talal Shakerchi, Patrick Leonard and Robert Heidorn.

• edited June 2017
    Not much time for a detailed report this morning, a late night with the NBA draft coupled with an early start at work.

Event 40 - $1500 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo, Day 3 of 3, 595 entrants
    OK, so I jinxed almost every single player I mentioned yesterday and we're down to 3-handed play between Ernest Bohn, Hal Rotholz and William Kohler, with stacks in that order.

Justin Bonomo was 5th, Max Pescatori 6th Steve Jelinek (who I didn't highlight as from Birmingham yesterday) 11th for $9150.

Event 41 - $1500 PLO, Day 2 of 3, 870 entrants
    Also still ongoing, with about a level and a half to play tonight. 21 remain with Loren Klein top of the stacks at present.

The strong British Day 1 challenge faded disappointingly on Day 2, with Toby Lewis and Andrew Teng the best of them in 27th and 28th respectively.

Event 42 - $10K 6 Max NLH Championship, Day 2 of 3, 332 entrants
    The strong British Day 1 challenge is doing rather better here with several Brits still among the 41 or so remaining, although we have recently lost Adrien Delmas in 48th or $15516.

Charlie Carrel, Sam Grafton, Sam Trickett and Mian Wei all appear to be still in and there may be others too

Event 43 - $1500 Shootout NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1025 entrants
    Day 1 is over as all 120 tables have played down to a winner. Two of last years November Nine, Kenny Hallaert (there rarely is a day without a Hallaert mention) and Vojtech Ruzicka are among the 120

Plenty of UK representation - Shola Akindele, Christopher Gordon, Alex Goulder, Tom Middleton, Chris Moorman & Sergi Reixach

All are guarnteed a min-cash of $4837, but to earn more they will have to win their 10-handed Day 2 tables.

Event 44 - $3K HORSE, Day 1 of 3, tba entrants
    Still in Level 8, at the end of which late reg will close and we will have  a confirmed field size and payout table.

To start today
    Event 45 - $5K NLH 30-minute levels, 3 Day Event
    Event 46 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better, 3 Day Event
    . Should be tikay's for the taking?
  • edited June 2017
    Updates
    Event 41
    Eighteen players survived the late action with Loren Klein (who won a bracelet last year) as the big stack ahead of Chun Law and Sergej Barbarez.

TJ Cloutier is 5th and Jeff Lisandro bottom of the list of survivors.

Event 42
    Four tables of six will reconvene for Day 3, and it is one of the UK's finest, Charlie Carrel who holds the Day 2 lead.

The other three British players I mentioned above all went late on - Wei in 39th, Trickett in 37th and Grafton 35th, but there is still some Union Flags fluttering on the chip listings alongside Carrell - Chi Zhang is 3rd and Romain Lewis 16th.

Event 44
    If the Little One for One Drop gets referred to as the Droplet, I was going to refer to the small HORSE tournament as the Pony, but then I thought better of it.

The field amounted to 399 players, and 156 of them were still involved at close of play. Brazilian Andre Akkari is the chip leader ahead of Chris Sensoli and Nikolay Fai, but a lot of big names are still in - Player of the year candidates James Obst & Daniel Negreanu, both Mr & Mrs Jason Mercier, 14-time bracelet winner Phil Hellmuth, former ME winner Greg Raymer etc. etc. etc.

Just two Brits though - Stephen Chidwick & Usman Siddique.
  • edited June 2017
    Updates Event 41 Eighteen players survived the late action with Loren Klein (who won a bracelet last year) as the big stack ahead of Chun Law and Sergej Barbarez. TJ Cloutier is 5th and Jeff Lisandro bottom of the list of survivors. Event 42 Four tables of six will reconvene for Day 3, and it is one of the UK's finest, Charlie Carrel who holds the Day 2 lead. The other three British players I mentioned above all went late on - Wei in 39th, Trickett in 37th and Grafton 35th, but there is still some Union Flags fluttering on the chip listings alongside Carrell - Chi Zhang is 3rd and Romain Lewis 16th. Event 44 If the Little One for One Drop gets referred to as the Droplet, I was going to refer to the small HORSE tournament as the Pony, but then I thought better of it. The field amounted to 399 players, and 156 of them were still involved at close of play. Brazilian Andre Akkari is the chip leader ahead of Chris Sensoli and Nikolay Fai, but a lot of big names are still in - Player of the year candidates James Obst & Daniel Negreanu, both Mr & Mrs Jason Mercier, 14-time bracelet winner Phil Hellmuth, former ME winner Greg Raymer etc. etc. etc. Just two Brits though - Stephen Chidwick & Usman Siddique.
    Posted by FCHD
    Excellent punnage.
  • edited June 2017
    OK, first, I didn't finish off Event 40 yesterday:

Event 40 - $1500 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo, Day 3 of 3, 595 entrants
    Ernest Bohn is virtually a 68-year old rookie. Playing only his 4th WSOP tournament ever, he ended up winning it after beating William Kohler (who had also finished second in the equivalent event back in 2009) heads-up after a long and gruelling day 3.

Hal Rotholz had earlier been eliminated in 3rd spot.

Event 41 - $1500 PLO, Day 3 of 3, 870 entrants
    Loren Klein had been among the leaders throughout the second half of the tournament, and he duly converted his advantage collect his second bracelet in consecutive years, plus the small matter of $231K.

Chun Law and Danny Wong finished second and third with Poker Hall of Fame member TJ Cloutier having to bow out in 10th for just $12K.

Event 42 - $10K 6 Max NLH Championship, Day 3 of 3, 332 entrants
    Another event that has concluded with the FT being over in double-quick time (just 58 hands total and 9 hands heads-up)

The bracelet is on the wrist of Dmitry Yurasov, his first and he also gleams a huge first prize of over 3/4 of a million dollars.

Tommy Chen was his defeated heads-up opponent, and Jacob Powers ranked third.

Of the Brits, they both finished in the teens for $30922, Chi Zhang 13th and Charlie Carrel 15th.

Event 43 - $1500 Shootout NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1025 entrants
    With several UK players through to Day 1, there was always a decent change of getting at least one player through to the final day, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

With the demise of Tom Middleton midway through the day, all the British players were gone.

Eight of the 12 table winners were American, and there is one player each from Australia, Germany, Belgium and Lithuania.

Event 44 - $3K HORSE, Day 2 of 3, 399 entrants
    In play during what I think is the last level of the night with 24 survivors, and as with Event 43, no UK representation - Usman Siddique's 44th place as good as it got.

Event 45 - $5K NLH 30-minute levels, Day 1 of 3, 505 entrants
    Fast action has reduced 505 players to just 49 who will move on to Day 2, led by Mexican Diego Sanchez.

Three UK players in the top 10 - Conor Beresford, Max Silver & Chris Brammer plus well known names Frank Kassela, Aditya Agarwal and Yevgeniy Timoshenko, so the turbo pace certainly isn't a lottery.

Two more British names can be found lower down, and very good players they are two, former November Niner James Akenhead and recent bracelet winner Chris Moorman.

Event 46 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better, Day 1 of 3, tba entrants
    Still in play, I think in the last level of the night but details are pretty sketchy at this point. No sign of Tikay in any chip listings though.

Event 19 - $365 The Giant NLH, unlimited re-entry, Day 1C
    Also still play, having just burst the Day 1C bubble.

To start today
    Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event (including 2 Day 1s)
    Event 48 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017
    I was going to post this mid-afternoon, but I started reading one of Haysie's threads, and well, you know, zzzzzzzzz...

Updates
    Event 44
    The 24 became 18 by the time chips were bagged and tagged, and Tom Koral had a heater of a last two levels to leave himself chip leader.

Some distance behind come Phil Hui, Marcus Mizzi (brother of Sorel) and Gabe Paul with Hong Kong's David Steicke fifth.

The biggest name (and biggest ego?) of the last 18 is Mike "The Mouth" Matusow.

Event 46
    151 remain, so we're 26 places from the bubble, with Spain's Marcos Fernandez having a large chip lead over Belgian Miguel Use (who I'm sure could the source for numerous puns if he wins) is 2nd and Irishman John O'Shea (presumably not the international footballer) third.

Tikay calls me Barney, but the real Barny, Mr Boatman, is in the house, with a decent stack to take into day 2.

Also through from these shores Warren Colman, MIkki Hirvonen and Robert Price (go Cornwall!), plus Calvin Anderson, Ben Yu, Fabrice Soulier, Leif Force, Barry Greenstein and David "ODB" Baker.

Event 19
    Flight 1C of the Giant saw 1606 players reduced to 146 at the end of play. A decent number of GB players through, headed by Niall Farrell who usually plays much bigger WSOP events than a $365 tournament.

Sam Welbourne, James Coates & Steven Wilkie are also showing as GB in the reports, all chasing flight 1C leader Todd Louer.
  • edited June 2017
    Event 43 - $1500 Shootout NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1025 entrants
    Despite having a large number of pro players getting to Day 2 and 3, it was a complete amateur who gathered the spoils.

Hendon Mob has just one previous recorded cash for Ben Maya, a $657 score back in 2011, but the Israeli real estate agent, in Las Vegas on business, outlasted everyone and claimed the bracelet and over $257K.

With his business trip over he was due to fly home on Sunday, but will now hang around until Monday to appear at the bracelet ceremony.

Thomas Boivin from Belgium finished second ($159K) and Tim West was third for $115K.

Event 44 - $3K HORSE, Day 3 of 3, 399 entrants
    Playing from 18 down to 1 in the $3K HORSE didn't take too long, and the final table especially was over rather rapidly as Matthew Schreiber dominated to take the bracelet and $256K.

After a shaky start, he accumulated chips partway through the day and then rolled over all his opponents to take his first bracelet.

Phil Hui couldn't overcome a 3:1 deficit entering heads-up play and had to settle for second ($158K) with David Steicke 3rd for $107K.

Event 45 - $5K NLH 30-minute levels, Day 2 of 2, 505 entrants
    British Bracelet Alert
    - I would have thought that Chris Brammer was already on the honour roll of WSOP bracelet holders, but no, he has only 2 FTs both dating back to 2012.

He's put that right now by winning Event 45 and doubtless some of the very vocal rail will get to see some of the $527K top prize.

Jett Schencker (who looks about 14) got it in good in the final hand with AJ against Brammers Q10 suited, but a 10 on the flop was good enough to seal the deal.

Earlier, Yevgeniy Timosheno bust in 3rd with the best of the other British players being Chris Moorman in 18th ($17K) with both Max Silver & James Akenhead getting $12K for busting in 34th and 35th respectively.

Event 46 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better, Day 2 of 3, 830 entrants
    Twenty one remain for the final day with Millard Hale, Miguel Use and Kevin Saul the top 3 stacks.

Barry Greenstein is the top well-known player in 5th, but we're more interested in the players in 8th (Robert Price - when will the WSOP get to spelling Cornwall correctly?) and 20th (Barny Boatman). Good luck to both for the finale.

Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event (including 2 Day 1s), TBA entrants
    A little confusing as the end of day update says there were 2676 entrants but elsewhere it says 4409. I'm assuming the former is correct for now.

Anyway 768 will enjoy Sunday off and wait for the Day 1B qualifiers to join them on Monday headed by Allan Rabinovich with Heidi May second.

Max Silver (Element 47) got a mention above, and of course there was Jamie Gold (element 79) a few years ago, and now we've got element 51 here as Anna Antimony lies third overnight.

You've got to look all they way down to 75th for the top Brit - Nicholas Todd, with Jonathan Barusta, Jeff Kimber, Fahd Bennani Smires, Matt Davenport, Stefan Fabian, Paul Vas Nunes, Peter Robinson, David Crane, Daniel Pickard (ex Sky Poker player) and Karen White all bringing back stacks of descending sizes.

25/06/17 Event 49 - $3K 6-Max PLO, 3 Day Event
    Lots of big names among the 48 survivors and it's always nice to see a Brit in the lead - Benny Glaser is the man in question after a late night elimination of Brian Rast.

Mack Lee holds second place overnight, with Todd Brunson in third. Two more GB players are included - Richard Ashby & Stephen Chidwick, and also through are multiple bracelet winners Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth, former ME winner Jonathan Duhamel and recent bracelet winner James Obst.

Updates
    Event 49 - $3K 6-Max PLO, 3 Day Event
    plus Day 1B of the Monster Stack
  • edited June 2017
    So on the poker playing element them, in addition to Max, does Upeshka de Silva count? 
  • edited June 2017
    Event 46 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better, Day 3 of 3, 830 entrants
    Unfortunately it is not a Cornish Bracelet Alert as Robert Price was the very first player eliminated on Day 3 (21st, $6245)

Barry Grenstein went out in 14th, and the last Brit standing Barny Boatman followed in 12th ($12034) meaning that the FT didn't contain that many well known names.

Nathan Gamble didn't care, as the aptly-named player from Texas stormed through to take his first bracelet and over $223K. Heads up didn't last long, all of 1 hand as Gamble scoopio-ed Adam Hendrix ($137K) with Ray Henson being eliminated in 3rd for $96K

Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event (including 2 Day 1s), 6716 entrants
    A bigger day 1B field than 1A saw 1272 bag up chips, with Matt Downs having the "Monster Stack" when the two day 1 totals are compared.

Two Davids, Olson and Sabbah fill the net two places with 4 Californians in the top 7.

Brits you say? OK then - Luke Boynton, Daniel Barriocanal and Mark Segal sit comfortably inside the Top 100, Jan Collado, Mark McGovern, Andrew Purser, Steven Morris, Ben Jackson, Simon Deadman, Simon Williams, Dan McAulay, Miguel Riera, Kevin O'Leary, Sergio Espina and Gareth Howard all inside the top half.

Event 48 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 125 entrants
    Just 11 players move forward to Day 3, wih Andrew Kelsall taking the lead late on from Jameson Painter and Christopher Vitch who had swapped the chip lead between then for a couple of houts.

A couple of former ME winners are still involved - Jonathan Duhamel and a certain Mr Phil Hellmuth going for his 15th bracelet.

We still have UK representation too - Benny Glaser sits mid pack, 6th of 11.

Stephen Chidwick bust before the cash, but Richard Ashby made 15th and collected $16800

Event 49 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 1 of 3, 630 entrants
    A field of 50 more than last year entered this event, meaning 95 of the remaining 127 will cash.

Four players who have won bracelets in the last few days are among them, Nadar Kakhmazov, Dmitry Yurasov, James Obst and Loren Klein, as are Jeff Madson, David Williams and Mike Sexton.

All of them however are chasing Brazilian Guilherme Rodrigues who stacked over 250K chips with Chino Rheem and Gionni Demers the only others over 200K.

Roberto Romanello is the highest placed UK name in 13th, with Jeffrey Duvall in 63rd and Stephen Chidwick, playing his second event of the day near the bottom in 121st.

To start today
    Event 50 - $1500 Bounty NLH, 3 Day Event
    Event 51 - $10K Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or Better Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017
    Five events in play during Monday, and each and every one of them is still in play as I type this, so I'm afraid this is a pretty sketchy update

Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, Day 2 of 4, 6716 entrants
    242 left as I type with among them Maurice Hawkins, TJ Cloutier, Yevgeniy Timoshenko & Oli Schemion

About 40 minutes left on the day

Event 48 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 125 entrants
    This is heads up and we still have British interest. Benny Glaser, aiming for his third bracelet, is battling Chris Vitch for the silverware

Phil Hellmuth's quest for his 15th ended in 9th spot while Jonathan Duhamel busted in 5th.

Event 49 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 1 of 3, 630 entrants
    Two levels left on Day 2, and we have 27 players still in, and we still have British interest in this one too - Roberto Romanello still has chips, though he recently lost a big hand to Gionni DeMers.

DeMers currently has one of the bigger stacks, alongside Chino Rheem and Rudolph Sawa.

Event 50 - $1500 Bounty NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1927 entrants
    This one is in the final level of Day 1 with the field already having been reduced to about 400.

Event 51 - $10K Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or Better Championship, 3 Day Event, tba entrants
    And a fifth event still in progress, as per usual the $10K events start later and late reg is therefore open later so we don't have a confirmed field size yet.

To start today
    Event 52 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    Event 53 - $3K 6-Max Limit Hold'em, 3 Day Event

• edited June 2017
    Every year, just about this time in the series, I start to hit a lull. That hasn't happened yet, but what has happened i that time has become a little scarcer but I'll not neglect the thread.

Updates
    Event 47
    Eliminations slowed down a little in the last level, and 233 players eventually bagged chips to move on to Day 3.

Scott Baumstein from New York is the leader, ahead of a trio of Euros - Adrien Allain (France), Claas Segebrecht (Hungary) and Alessaandro Esposito (Italy).

Simon Deadman is top Brit in 21st and he has for company Daniel Laming, Ben Jackson, Daniel Barriocanal, Nicholas Todd, Luke Boynton, Samuel Welbourne, Stevie Watts, and John Bonadies, so a decent sprinkling of UK names.

The eventual winner will pick up just over a million players.

Event 48
    It's not a British Bracelet Alert as Benny Glaser lost the heads-up match to Chris Vitch, who duly won his second bracelet in consecutive years. Vitch started the heads-up with a lead, Glaser managed to take the lead but couldn't hold on to it.

Vitch wins $320K, Glaser $197K.

Event 49
    Nineteen players have made the final day and despite not having a bracelet, Chino Rheem has over $8m in live cashes (and was a member of the very first November Nine in 2008).

He is the chip leader, with Louis Calvo second and Daniel Reijmer third.

We do have a British presence in the Nineteen, Swansea's Roberto Romanello, albeit with a comparitively short stack, as has 4-time bracelet winner and 2006 Player of the Year Jeff Madsen.

Event 50
    Will Berry (no relation to Mary I presume) is the Day 1 chip leader of the $1500 Bounty event. He has Brandon Cantu on his tail, and Fred Berger is not far behind either.

264 players go through, and there's several UK names amongst them. Martynas Vitkauskas has the biggest stack, lying just inside the Top 50. Yudhishter Jaswal, Pablo Fernandez, Marc Foggin, Chun Yam, Ronnie Ballantyne, Matas Cimbolas, Sam Grafton, Thomas Hall, Mian Wei, Alex Goulder and Scott Margereson complete the British challenge.

Event 51
    207 started, 116 remain.

Let's start with the GB names for a change. Steve Jelinek lies in 36th and leads his compatriots Robert Cowen, Joel Ettedgi, Timothy Flanders and Richard Ashby.

Up to though, it's an Italian in pole position - Dario Sammartino. Ryan Miller and Sean Remz are second and third, with Josh Arieh, Tommy Chen and David "ODB" Baker all inside the top 10 and John Monnette and Fabrice Soulier not far outside it.

Player of the Year leader Ray Henson is also among the qualifiers, and brings a decent stack back for Day 2.
  • edited June 2017
    Ah, yes - lulls. Bad old lulls. Hang on in there, you're doing fine work. 

Lucky player:

The eventual winner will pick up just over a million players.
  • edited June 2017
    Plenty of people read this thread and appreciate all your effort but never post.

Guilty as charged.

Keep up the good work.
  • edited June 2017
    Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, Day 3 of 4, 6716 entrants
    What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Yes, it is the monster stack held by Stoyan Obreshkov containing over 11 million chips.

He is the only man in 8 figure with huge-field specialist Stanley Lee second with 8.9m. Lee has finished in the top 40 of this once and the Millionaire Maker twice before.

No British players among the 20 left, John Bonadies went out in 25th ($37K) and Steven Morris 41st for $24K.

Event 49 - $3K 6-Max PLO, Day 3 of 3, 630 entrants
    Who wouldn't want to live in a place called Sunny Isles Beach? Sounds idyllic. That's where bracelet winner Luis Calvo is from and he will be taking a bracelet and $362K back to Florida with him.

Rudoplh Sawa from the less-idyllic sounding Commerce Township, Indiana was second and Mark Reilly from Ireland third.

The only British player through to the final day, Roberto Romanello, was the second elimination of the day to end up in 18th spot for $15531.

Event 50 - $1500 Bounty NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1927 entrants
    Twenty nine players are still in contention, with Harrison Gimble having the overnight chip lead, but it is the player in second place that we're more interested in, as it is Marc Foggin from Newcastle. He's got British company inside the top 10 as well, for Thomas Hall sits in 7th place.

All players left have locked up $6854 (plus any bounties they may have accumulated) with a FT being worth a minimum of $21K and the winner receiving a massive $266K.

Event 51 - $10K Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or Better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 207 entrants
    Play is ongoing with 16 left, but no British players - no UK names even made the cash. Update later.

Event 52 - $1500 NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1580 entrants
    Almost burst the bubble on Day 1, 246 through meaning 9 players will turn up for Day 2 but go home empty handed.

The chip leader is from Malta and goes under the name of Kework Besiktasliyan. Definitely another one I had to cut and paste.

He leads Kyle Muelrath and Parker Drew at the end of Day 1 with the top GB player being Pratik Ghatge in 9th.

Rainer Kempe, Jack Sinclair, Matthew Moss, Alexander Elias, Ross McLeod, Jack Allen, Andreas Olympios, Robert Tinnion, Sergi Reixach, Alex Goulder and John Bousfield are the rest of a strong GB contingent.

Others through include Jason Mercier and Barry Greenstein who has 9 cashes at this year's series already. Poker a young man's game?

Event 53 - $3K 6-Max Limit Hold'em, Day 1 of 3, 256 entrants
    Just finished Day 1 with preliminary result showing 77 through, headed by Juha Helppi. Full update to follow.

To start today
    Event 54 - $10K 8-Max PLO Championship, 3 Day Event
    Event 55 - $1500 Seven Card Stud, 3 Day Event

There's also a nice piece on the WSOP site about Howard Smith, who is making a career change from being a derivatives trader to become a maths teacher (or as he WSOP put it, a math teacher) and how, as it is term time, he will be unable to come to the WSOP for the forseeable future. I can't link to it but it' well worth a look.
  • edited June 2017
    Another great update FCHD a wee question never having played live how do they keep track of the bounties taken in event 50 
  • edited June 2017
    Another great update FCHD a wee question never having played live how do they keep track of the bounties taken in event 50 
    Posted by weecheez1
    As you know Cheeezy, I'm not a fan of Bounty Hunters personally, but I believe the WSOP system is that every player has a disc or chip, and whoever busts them gets that.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread : As you know Cheeezy, I'm not a fan of Bounty Hunters personally, but I believe the WSOP system is that every player has a disc or chip, and whoever busts them gets that.
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes, and it's a flat rate of $500 (for this event at least). Former November Niner Joseph Cheong accumulated $5K for his 10 bounties before being knocked out.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread : Yes, and it's a flat rate of $500 (for this event at least). Former November Niner Joseph Cheong accumulated $5K for his 10 bounties before being knocked out.
    Posted by FCHD
    Ty that makes sense to used to sky doing adding up for us lol
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread : As you know Cheeezy, I'm not a fan of Bounty Hunters personally, but I believe the WSOP system is that every player has a disc or chip, and whoever busts them gets that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK hope your trip is going good and remember keep it tight gl gl
  • edited June 2017
    Updates
    Event 51
    After John Monnette bust in late night action, 15 players retained an interest as we enter the final day of Event 51

Josh Arieh (2004 ME 3rd place and 2 bracelets) has almost 1.7m chips with nearest challenger Bruce Yamron having only just over a million.

WSOP Player of the Year leader Ray Henson and Chris Ferguson both bagged medium-sized stacks, while the last female player is Kate Hoang who lost a heads-up battle in a 3K PLO8 event last year.

Event 53
    I think I first came across Juha Helppi when he was playing a made-for-TV heads up tournament several years ago when playing Victoria Coren.

He's here now and bagged the chip lead after Day 1 with (a revised figure of) 73 players coming back for Day 2.

Justin Thurlow and Ayaz Mahmood are second and third, with Event 7 winner Jesse Martin in 5th and Event 13 winner Frank Kassela in 6th.

Max Silver is top Brit in 24th, with Benny Glaser (fresh from a second place in event 48) and Stu Rutter also qualifying for Day 2
  • edited June 2017
    Event 47 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, Day 4 of 4, 6716 entrants
    The biggest monster is Brian Yoon, who won Event 47 by amassing all 100 million or so chips in play to take his first bracelet and over a million dollars.

Yoon busted the last four players including runner-up Ihar Soika, who had earlier been the dominant presence at the FT when busting the first 5 eliminations, with Stanley Lee ending in 3rd.

Event 50 - $1500 Bounty NLH, Day 3 of 3, 1927 entrants
    Still in play with 7 players left headed by Bryan Emory, James Gilbert and Tobias Peters.

Marc Foggin from Tyneside started the day right up there with the big stacks, but couldn't catch a break, lost several big hands in quick succession and bust out in 19th for $8428 while Tom Hall collected the same payout for his 27th spot.

Event 51 - $10K Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low 8 or Better Championship, Day 3 of 3, 207 entrants
    Play ongoing with 5 left. Josh Arieh has the chip lead but the looming presence of Chris Ferguson in third won't be a popular winner.

Event 52 - $1500 NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1580 entrants
    Now time for some Union Jacks to be waved, although somewhat tentatively for now. Three of the flutter on the chip listings as play continues with 25 left.

Alexander Elias lies 9th, Jack Allen 10th and Rainer Kempe 13th. Also still involved - Jason Mericer and former November Niner Phil Collins.

They're all chasing Canadian James Florence who has a mighty stack at this point.

Other GB cashes - Pratik Ghatge 31st ($9107), Ross McLeod 47th ($6316), Andreas Olympios 81st ($4018), Alex Goulder 105th ($2884), Matthew Moss 154th ($2477), Robert Tinnion 182nd and Jack Sinclair 184th (both $2346) and min-cashes of $2254 for Sergi Reixach & John Bousfield.

Event 53 - $3K 6-Max Limit Hold'em, Day 2 of 3, 256 entrants
    They've just redrawn to 2 tables, and we have British interest late in this one too as Max Silver is not only in contention, but he is the chip leader.

Event 11 winner David Bach is among the other 11 players, but Stuart Rutter busted before the cash.

Event 54 - $10K 8-Max PLO Championship, Day 1 of 3, 428 entrants
    Day 1 play has just ended with preliminary indications of 186 or so qualifiers, which I exepct to reduce by a few when the full results are posted.

Some big stacks listed as belonging to Sorin Drajneanu, Andjelko Andrejevic & Brandon Shack-Harris, and someone who has perhaps become better known for a prop-bet game than his actual poker skills, Johnny Lodden.

A late double-up has also put Sam Trickett in a more stable position.

Event 55 - $1500 Seven Card Stud, Day 1 of 3, 298 entrants
    For once, the late event wasn't the 10K event. Two levels to play and already 2/3 of the field have walked away from their tables disappointed.

Among those listed as still being inolved is Barbara Enright, who won her first bracelet when Tikay was still a young man and still is the only female player to make the ME FT, back in 1995.

To start today
    Event 56 - $5K NLH, 4 Day Event
    Event 57 - $2500 Mixed Omaha/7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better, 3 Day Event
    Less than 20 events to go now...
  • edited June 2017
    Great read as always - appreciated by many! ����