You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

New Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Starts from 19th June *OPT IN REQUIRED* EVERYONE is welcome t

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017

Mark, happy to go with whatever you decide. Both seem to be well supported at the moment and I personally do not mind which criteria you use for the league but would suggest you use the least time consuming method.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated:
    From my own point of view i like the current league system because on the whole i don't take many bounties, i think the players getting to cash on the final table should be rewarded. However i do get that it is a bounty hunter game and other players may feel that the most bounties should be rewarded. So as marky says opinions required please.
    Posted by safc71

I agree with this, in an ideal World it would be based over both 7.15 and 8.30 games, and the last 3 places on FT would be 3, 2, 1.

Caveat being that I am not collating the results so will happily play along with whatever is deemed easiest and least time consuming for you
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated:
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : I agree with this, in an ideal World it would be based over both 7.15 and 8.30 games, and the last 3 places on FT would be 3, 2, 1. Caveat being that I am not collating the results so will happily play along with whatever is deemed easiest and least time consuming for you
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I had an idea of what I was going to suggest but I think your idea could work well Paul.

Top 3 in the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games get points, anyone disagree with this? Seems easy enough to work to me and it includes both games.

I was going to suggest that people have to 'opt in' after another suggestion you made Hendrik.

I like the idea of 'opting in' as there is no point in someone who is a forum reg being denied a prize due to a player who has no idea this even exists and probably will not claim the prize pipping them to 1st place.

Opting in would just be a case of posting to say you are 'in'. It would also give us a way to see how many people were engaging with the league.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : I had an idea of what I was going to suggest but I think your idea could work well Paul. Top 3 in the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games get points, anyone disagree with this? Seems easy enough to work to me and it includes both games. I was going to suggest that people have to 'opt in' after another suggestion you made Hendrik. I like the idea of 'opting in' as there is no point in someone who is a forum reg being denied a prize due to a player who has no idea this even exists and probably will not claim the prize pipping them to 1st place. Opting in would just be a case of posting to say you are 'in'. It would also give us a way to see how many people were engaging with the league.
    Posted by markycash
    Agree with all points you make here, one slight misunderstanding of my original post i think, below is what I meant

1st place = 10 point
    2nd place = 7 points
    3rd place = 5 points
    4th-6th place = 3 points ( this is the bit I would change to 4th = 3, 5th =2, 6th =1)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : Agree with all points you make here, one slight misunderstanding of my original post i think, below is what I meant 1st place = 10 point 2nd place = 7 points 3rd place = 5 points 4th-6th place = 3 points ( this is the bit I would change to 4th = 3, 5th =2, 6th =1)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I see pros and cons about the last part but I am more than happy to go with that scoring system if there are no mass and major objections?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Agreed, especially the registering bit. As you say just needs a post on here stating "IN".  a la DTD and Orfy.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Top 3 or 6  sounds good to me and the opt in is a great idea 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Struggling for time recently but I will start the new league from Monday 19th June.

Prizes etc will remain the same (£33 MTT entry for the weekly winner).

The new league will include both the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games and players will gain points by making the FT in any of the tourneys. The player with the highest score over the week from the 14 games will be the winner. I will announce the points system and any finer details when I have time in the next few days.

The main reason I am posting this is that opting in will be a requirement. All you have to do is post "in" in this thread and you will be opted in for eternity or until you indicate you wish to opt out :)

For the first week of the new system players can opt in and all their points will be valid for that week. This is just to give people time to register and allow the league to start from Monday. You only ever need to opt in once but after week 1 any new player opting in will only be included in the league from the date they opted in (so points won't be backdated).

The main reason for the opt in requirement is so that people who follow the league and post on the forum etc are not denied prizes because someone who does not know about the league and has no intention of claiming their prize pips them to the post. The opt in also makes it easier to see how many people are engaging with the league.

On that note...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ... In

P.S. I will put a list on the OP of everyone who has opted in. I will also update the OP with all the new details at the weekend.

Edit: I have updated the OP to reflect the new set-up.

I will re-read over it and make sure everything is accurate when I have time.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

IN PLEASE 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks pom, that makes 2 of us :D

Added your name to the OP.

Any advance on 2?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    i will have a go for a change 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    IN please

I'll make it a big 4 ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks brinna, Phil and eon!

All added to the OP list.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    gwann then guess I should
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Added and added :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    May I join? In please
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: New Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Starts from 19th June *OPT IN REQUIRED*:
    May I join? In please
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Of course Tom, great to have you on board :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In please and thanks for all your hard work on this.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Enut

Added yourself and weecheez1 to the OP.

I will try to copy/paste the final table results of the two games each night into the thread from Monday when the league starts again.

I am hoping this serves 2 purposes. Firstly that I will be able to check back through results and if the results disappear from the Sky servers there won't then be a problem. Secondly it will allow for more transparency and everyone will be able to check if I have made any errors. Thirdly it will mean that in the event of a tie it will be easy to check back to see who has won according to the tiebreak rules.

Okay that was actually 3. Lets hope my counting is better when I start doing the tables again :)

So that is 10 in so far, the more the merrier!

Even if you are unsure how many games you will play, may as well throw your name into the hat so that your scores are considered.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In please.

Just incase, I decide to play a few in the future.
    Not a big fan of the B/H, but got to roll with the times.

Regards Alan ( future plo8 bounty hunter champ)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Cheers AJ :)

Added you to the OP list!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    in please, and thanks to everyone for getting this on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Great to have you on board conor!

Have added your name to the OP list.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In please - just in case

thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for joining in dragon, name added to the OP post.

Reminder that everyone has until Sunday 25th June to have results considered from the very start (tonight, the 19th June). After that date only results from after you opt in will count.

Also as mentioned I will post the FT results of each tourney in this thread every night to add more transparency and so that historic results can be accessed easily when collating the tables or deciding on tiebreak situations. Tiebreak situations will be decided on who has taken the most bounties over the week.

Obviously when I go to Vegas on the 9th July this will be difficult to update. If anyone would kindly be willing to post the FT results each night in the thread from the 9th-18th July I will catch up with any league updates when I get back.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Out.

The thing about these things is you will never please everyone.
    A recreational player will never get the volume to play two games every night 7 days a week so anyone who does not finish above said recreational player really does not deserve the weekly prize, if unclaimed.

May as well have a league based on volume of play

Best 5 results or -0.5pts if you dont cash seems fairer.

I know markycash has put in a lot of effort into the league. Just dont agree that players should be forced to post in order to play in what should be an open league. 

I guess the less chance players have of winning. The more chance of overlay.

Win win for those who opt in.