You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

New Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Starts from 19th June *OPT IN REQUIRED* EVERYONE is welcome t

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    they're like buses

Tuesday

7.15 H 9.15 H TH JPOT
    safc71 1 3 1 4 7 WIN
    don't know if this qualifies for a prize or not Mark, I'll leave that in your capable hands
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February*:
    they're like buses Tuesday 7.15 H 9.15 H TH JPOT safc71 1 3 1 4 7 WIN don't know if this qualifies for a prize or not Mark, I'll leave that in your capable hands
    Posted by scouse_red
    i don't think it does chris, first person to do it in the month. Shauno beat me too it. To be honest more than happy just winning them. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February*:
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : cheers    dont  think  i  have  changed  filters  since  i been  on  here  never  had a problem. game  didnt  start  last  night  numbers  look  low  tonight  in  9.15,  ok ukops  wont  help  that. but  maybe  im not  the  only 1 that cant  see  it. ps  if  you can  stick a  link up  for  10.30  much  appreciated.
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Yes numbers were a little low last night can't understand why people would want  to play ukops just to win a load of cash when you could be playing pl08 ?? ( a far superior game ) 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : i don't think it does chris, first person to do it in the month. Shauno beat me too it. To be honest more than happy just winning them. 
    Posted by safc71
    Yeah that is really unlucky as it was just after Shauno manage it. Brilliant feat though safc to hold the concentration and take down both tournies, congrats!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : Yes numbers were a little low last night can't understand why people would want  to play ukops just to win a load of cash when you could be playing pl08 ?? ( a far superior game ) 
    Posted by safc71
    Agreed, completely ridiculous! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    here's the latest for the weekly heads

MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER
    PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    rabbit11 6

Safc71 / sam1964

bbmike

gooner1961

bbmike and gooner1961 both took 8 heads in 1 tourny so are tied at the top on countback
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the update Chris
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads

MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER
    PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    rabbit11 6

Safc71 / sam1964

bbmike

gooner1961

Hotdigerty

rabid_rat

safc71

bit of a strange week with 2 of the 9.15 tournies cancelled due to lack of runners, 

Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element.

Cmon guys and gals spread the word again.

IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads 
    Posted by scouse_red
    Well done Hotdigerty! You win a £33 tourney entry. If you could let me know which night you would like to use your £33 ticket in this thread and I will ask for it to be arranged.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element. Cmon guys and gals spread the word again. IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
    Posted by scouse_red
    Thanks for the update & kind words Chris. You have done plenty yourself to help!

I think UKOPS has probably had an influence. I will be playing a good chunk of these this week and will also try and get a 'Stay or Go' style hand breakdown thread from one of these going which can hopefully drum up a little bit more interest in the games.

Apart from that, I think for any real growth in the games the schedule needs to be tweaked. It just lacks diversity for the BH's. No buy ins offered apart from £5.50 but we have 2 of these and at the similar times. The PLO8 player pool is already a niche area of the player pool without further narrowing it to night time players who play £5.50 tourneys.

It is clear there is room (with a 4 hour+ gap in the plo8 MTT schedule) for some £1.10, £2.20, £3.30 and or £11 games to be trialed. This would help get more players interested in the games very quickly and undoubtedly cost Sky nothing. There isn't even a knock on effect on DYM's to worry about as they do not run much at that time. 

I would also say UKOPS and any such poker series is a good platform to try 'new' tourneys out yet we had no PLO8 BH's at any buy ins, even though they have proven to some extent at least to be relatively popular (especially compared to the regular format). UKOPS mini would have been the perfect time to test run a £1.10, £2.20 or £3.30 PLO8 BH IMO.

Don't mean to moan but while Sky were excellent in trialing the games to start with, and supporting the league, I really do not understand the reluctance to diversify the current offerings. If UKOPS shown us anything it was the BH's are more popular here than the regular format, the same goes for the PLO8 games yet the PLO8 MTT schedule is heavily dominated by low buy in regular format games which struggle.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

hi chris,

i've sent you an email.

hoping to help.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    hi chris, i've sent you an email. hoping to help.
    Posted by aussie09
    cheers Rob I'll take a look now
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    P.S. I don't say any of that with a personal agenda. I have been gradually switching most of my play to NLHE and would be an infrequent visitor to any £1.10, £2.20 or £3.30 games. Just going by what people I have asked have said.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ok this weeks winner is Hotdigerty who took a combined total of 10 heads MOST HEADS IN WEEK LEADER PLAYER Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun rabbit11 6 Safc71 / sam1964 7 bbmike 8 gooner1961 8 Hotdigerty 10 rabid_rat 9 safc71 8 bit of a strange week with 2 of the 9.15 tournies cancelled due to lack of runners,  Mark has gone above and beyond here trying to get these tournies off the ground and the added prizes etc, but if they are not supported SP will be well within their right tocancel them altogether or scrap the prizes element. Cmon guys and gals spread the word again. IF THEY DO GET CANCELLED IT'S NO USE COMING ON THE FORUM COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF PLO8 TOURNIES
    Posted by scouse_red
    Can i just say the work you and markycash have done is much appreciated and Agree with what your saying chris but i was on final table on 19:15 pl08 which meant i could only late reg due to sky pokers ongoing software issues . If i multi table i start having problems and could not risk my final table lagging /freezing until sky sort this out its going to be a problem. Iam sure this effects others who want to multitable plus as others have said ukops is effecting pl08. So hopefully sky sam can sort it out until then i will try to avoid multi tabling. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - *New Weekly Prize Format Starts Monday 27th February* : Can i just say the work you and markycash have done is much appreciated and Agree with what your saying chris but i was on final table on 19:15 pl08 which meant i could only late reg due to sky pokers ongoing software issues . If i multi table i start having problems and could not risk my final table lagging /freezing until sky sort this out its going to be a problem. Iam sure this effects others who want to multitable plus as others have said ukops is effecting pl08. So hopefully sky sam can sort it out until then i will try to avoid multi tabling. 
    Posted by safc71
    very fair point Steve and taken on board Sir
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hope all is well with you Chris?

Do you have any updates for the last week handy? Many thanks if so :)

P.S. I have posted a new rule in the OP after a suggestion from Chris. Basically if you win a prize you have 2 weeks to indicate you are accepting it for the reasons outlined in the OP.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hi Mark basically lost everything from my documents on Monday I have sent emails to the powers that be but so far nothing back, I will post ASAP sorry for the delay
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won*:
    Hi Mark basically lost everything from my documents on Monday I have sent emails to the powers that be but so far nothing back, I will post ASAP sorry for the delay
    Posted by scouse_red
    Hey Chris, no worries and absolutely no need to apologise! These things happen.

Hopefully someone from Sky can help out :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* : Hey Chris, no worries and absolutely no need to apologise! These things happen. Hopefully someone from Sky can help out :)
    Posted by markycash
    unfortunately Mark it would be too time consuming to provide the information I asked for

So after all the work I've done and lost, unfortunately as they say on Dragon's Den ........... it's not for me I'm Out

I wish you every continued success on this league and if anyone wants to take over I will send a copy of the master sheet with instructions needed
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* : unfortunately Mark it would be too time consuming to provide the information I asked for So after all the work I've done and lost, unfortunately as they say on Dragon's Den ........... it's not for me I'm Out I wish you every continued success on this league and if anyone wants to take over I will send a copy of the master sheet with instructions needed
    Posted by scouse_red

Hey Chris,

No worries. I will see if I am able to keep track going forward, if it works it works, if not then so be it.

Could also consider a simplified structure, whether you would want to be involved with that or not Chris?

Either way we will suspend the current week, pause for reflection and see what can be done for the week commencing Monday 8th May and onwards.

Thanks for all your help with this Chris, very much appreciated and best wishes going forward!

• Options
    edited May 2017
    My initial thoughts on moving forward (unless something changes between now and Monday)...

At the moment there is a £33 weekly prize for most bounties in a single evening each week and a separate 'jackpot' prize to the first player winning both tourneys in 1 evening.

The jackpot prize can stay the same to encourage participation in both tournies. It is also pretty easy logistically to track this one.

The most 'bounties in an evening' prize would be harder for me to track myself as I don't have the speadsheet capabilities and knowhow that Chris does. I actually seen a bit of a problem in this anyway... Probably around half the prizes were unclaimed as they were won by non-reg players who have no idea about the league, or the forum, turning up and having a blisteringly good session.

What I would propose instead (as of Monday the 8th May and assuming nothing changes between now and then) is the following...

Very straight forward... We use the 7:15pm game as a weekly league. Play as many of the games as you like over the week and get points for final tabling. The player who has the most points each week wins the £33 prize.

Point structure would be...
    1st = 10 points
    2nd = 7 points
    3rd = 5 points
    4th-6th = 3 points

I guess some will like the idea and some will not but pleasing everyone is a tall order.

Pros: Players who regularly play the games will win more often (not necessarilly 'the best' players but the players who turn up night after night and help support the games). I know some see this as a drawback but after trialing the bounty hunter set-up we had, well as mentioned, half the folk didn't know there was a prize to claim and do not post in the forum etc.

It is only 7 games over the week and would still be perfectly possible for someone to play 3 or 4 games and win the weekly prize.

It is possibly about as close as could be to a time that is suitable for everyone.

There would probably be some quite interesting battles developing each week.

It will be easier to keep track of.

Cons: It would have been nice to use both games but this starts to get harder to keep track of and would start to give the regs an almost insurmountable edge. Using the 7:15pm game probably strikes a better balance. Also the jackpot prize still encourages participation in both games.

I am sure there are more negatives but I won't focus on them :)

If we cannot find a solution then fair enough but if people are happy enough with this or have similar proposals which everyone is in rough agreement about then I will commit to maintaining the new leaderboard and doing the updates myself.

Would appreciate some feedback from anyone willing to offer some.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* : unfortunately Mark it would be too time consuming to provide the information I asked for So after all the work I've done and lost, unfortunately as they say on Dragon's Den ........... it's not for me I'm Out I wish you every continued success on this league and if anyone wants to take over I will send a copy of the master sheet with instructions needed
    Posted by scouse_red
    Wow sorry to hear of your problems with sky Chris as i have said in the past your work has always been much appreciated and iam shocked that sky have not supported you after all the work that you have done with your leagues which surely benefits sky by maintaining interest for people like me and others. GL in the future chris and GL Marky in your efforts to keep this league going the new format looks good to me hope it succeeds m8.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hi all,

As mentioned, we have had to change the format as sadly Chris will not be tracking the number bounties taken each night and this would be too time consuming for myself to do. Again many thanks to Chris for all the work he has put in!

In an effort to keep things going I mentioned a new format (posted above) which started from last night.

To promote both games, the FT jackpot prize will remain the same... Win both the 7:15pm & 9:15pm PLO8 Bounty Hunters in one night and you win a £33 MTT entry (only available to first person to do so each month).

As promised, I will track the results of the 7:15pm games each night and do a weekly league awarding a £33 tourney entry for winning the weekly league. This replaces the old 'Bounty Hunting' weekly prize.

The league will run from Monday-Sunday each week and you are awarded points for making the final table each night in the 7:15pm game. Points allocated as follows...

1st place = 10 points
    2nd place = 7 points
    3rd place = 5 points
    4th-6th place = 3 points.

Please note, this is all subject to change.

Our leaderboard after the first night of play has concluded is below...

Week 1 - Updated 09 May 12:41pm

Position

Player

Catsnap

Finnyhad03

leapylee57

FREDTHETED

TOONGAZZA

hussar1519

• Options
    edited May 2017

7:15pm Game Weekly PLO8 BH League Standings – Week 1 (8th-14th May)

Position

Player

TOONGAZZA

Catsnap

pomfrittes

Finnyhad03

bigbob57

leapylee57

FREDTHETED

coo1-um

lumkming09

harl07

hussar1519

Updated after game 2 from 9th May 2017

• Options
    edited May 2017
    2 sad points here.

Chris's issues and the loss of his services. Not good when a community stalwart feels taht way.

Also, the unclaimed prizes. Perhaps there could be more done here to promote the additional prizes?

1. By us, using the chatbox to openly talk about the league positions, the add-on prizes  and the forum thread so that more people get to know.

2. By skypoker, maybe put something in the lobby blurb explaining the extra prizes? Put it on social media? Have Mr Ambo join in as part a challenge one time? 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I like the new format Mark.I think I might start playing them on a regular basis.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* New Format & First Update.:
    2 sad points here. Chris's issues and the loss of his services. Not good when a community stalwart feels taht way. Also, the unclaimed prizes. Perhaps there could be more done here to promote the additional prizes? 1. By us, using the chatbox to openly talk about the league positions, the add-on prizes  and the forum thread so that more people get to know. 2. By skypoker, maybe put something in the lobby blurb explaining the extra prizes? Put it on social media? Have Mr Ambo join in as part a challenge one time? 
    Posted by Phantom66

Some great points there Phantom!

To address them 1 at a time and give my personal take on it...

"Chris's issues and the loss of his services. Not good when a community stalwart feels taht way."

I agree fully. Chris put so much time and effort into the tables which was invaluable in helping the leagues to function effectively.

I thought someone in a position to do something may have puck the baton up and sorted this issue. Not leastly, to show Chris that his efforts were indeed appreciated. 

"Also, the unclaimed prizes. Perhaps there could be more done here to promote the additional prizes?"

This is a good point. I feel when we asked for feedback about the set-up of weekly/monthly prizes a couple of things were perhaps overlooked. It is fine to tailor the prize set up to casual punters, rather than regs, if the games are going to be widely promoted. If the games are not widely promoted then the casual punter (whom the prize set up is tailored to) doesn't even know that said prizes exist.

If there is not going to be a significant drive to promote the games and let everyone know they are happening then it would be as well to tailor the prizes more towards the regs. At least then it will encourage the regs to play more, who may prove to be the backbone of the games and in large part determine their overall success/failure.

"1. By us, using the chatbox to openly talk about the league positions, the add-on prizes  and the forum thread so that more people get to know. 2. By skypoker, maybe put something in the lobby blurb explaining the extra prizes? Put it on social media? Have Mr Ambo join in as part a challenge one time?"

I guess this is all down to priorities and what Sky's aims and objectives are.

If a better developed PLO8 BH MTT set-up (or even PLO8 BH SNG set-up) is not a priority to Sky then that is completely understandable. We all have our own take on things.

I was very surprised when the suggestion of implementing these games was acted upon so quickly by Sky! That really was top quality support and the kind of service you do not see enough of on most other sites. Then the offer to support the leagues, again, top notch!

Sky did not have to do that, so a big thanks for that!

What is a bit frustrating to me personally however is the following...

The games attracted more players than I think most people thought they would. There certainly seemed to be oodles of potential there, especially when we are talking about a non NLHE game variant. It was however obvious that a bit of tweaking may be needed to find out the optimal game set up.

The set-up of the games just now is clearly not where it could be in relation to the games realising their potential. There doesn't however seem to be an appetite to tweak the games and find that optimal set up.

When introduced the 9:15pm £11 game on many nights was comfortably making the guarantee, on some nights it struggled. The £5.50 7:15pm game, in contrast, has thrived since it was introduced and I would be surprised if the number of times this has missed the guarantee could not be counted on 1 hand.

The reason the 9:15pm game was not doing as well as the 7:15pm game was identified as being the buy in. It was then made a £5.50 buy in, in line with the other game. The same discrepancy between the games still exists though. The problem is very unlikely to have been the buy in (otherwise the change would have made both games similar in popularity). The problem was just that the game was a little bit late and the guarantee switch from £100 at introduction to £400 was slightly ambitious. If the guarantee had been upped from £100 to £200 then I doubt it would have had any issues.

The one thing that stood out with the £11 game was that some of the NLHE crew were showing an interest. This highlighted that (perhaps obviously), different buy ins would attract different aspects of the player pool. However we are in a situation were both BH games are identical buy ins. 

There is clearly room for the games to grow and to be promoted. It depends whether this is one of Sky's priorities or not though. There is plenty of potential there to explore and realise. There would probably need to be some tweaks to the schedule though and some consideration to the points you raised. All depends on Sky I guess.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* New Format & First Update.:
    I like the new format Mark.I think I might start playing them on a regular basis.
    Posted by eon1961

Great stuff eon :)

Hopefully have many interesting tussles with you on the felt!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sky James has kindly done a bit of tweaking. Sad that we lose the regular 8:30pm game but hopefully the changes are positive overall.

Link to the thread 
    here.

Have updated the opening post with the new set-up.

If I have the time in the coming weeks, and there is interest from the players, we could consider including both games in the new weekly league?

Would seem more fitting due to the time of the later game being changed to one which will probably suit more people.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Quick reminder for anyone who does not know...

The 9:15pm game has a new time slot of 8:30pm and starts in 15 minutes.