You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Devonfish5, playing ca$h...b/r 128.17....The end is here...

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Good evening
    May I ask if you are married / have a partner?
    What are their thoughts on your whiteboard ( I presume in Block Capitals ) saying - POSITION, DONT GO ALL IN PRE-FLOP ?
    Do they expect a good night? :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 93.73:
    Good evening May I ask if you are married / have a partner? What are their thoughts on your whiteboard ( I presume in Block Capitals ) saying - POSITION, DONT GO ALL IN PRE-FLOP ? Do they expect a good night? :)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Lol, fortunately or perhaps its unfortunately I am single so I can stare at my whiteboard all night long with no worries :)
  • edited July 2017
    $90.95    4/7/17

First losing session for over a week last night so can't complain when getting outdrawn on river to full house v run or losing with kq on a qxx board to kk i suppose:(

$91.43    4/7/17       played a little loser today which I am happy with. Was $2 up at one stage, didn't book the win so am trying to win more rather than play it safe as usual:)

$93.20    5/7/17      short n sweet
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : Hi mate, I remember you well & thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about your $50 loss mate, never nice losing money is it. For me I went back to basics, playing just 1 table @ 1c/2c and playing abc poker. Yes I experimented a lot with bet sizes, how much to raise/bet pre flop, etc and still am, lol but if you get in to the routine of playing tight and basically betting hands yourself when you think you are winning and also very importantly FOLDING when you are behind, ie, when your opponent suddenly goes from being very passive ie checking/calling to BETTING BIG, then this should do the trick, at least it did for me. Good bank roll management is important too, even though it gets boring after a while, it keeps you in profit then when you feel comfortable move up to the next level, I am when b/r  hits $110 giving me 22 buyi ins for 2c/5c. If I drop below $100 I then I will move back down  & rebuild, repeat, etc, you really do have to have a plan & stick to it. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions , good luck, from Dev. Ps, I've recently started watching poker learning videos on u-tube & that has really helped my game A LOT,  so I suggest you do the same, James 'Splitsuit Sweeney is good, also watch the  How to crush the micro stakes ones too, gl. Last thing, I have a white board in front of me at all times with key notes, which I change from time to time, they are things like: No. 1 position  2, know when to FOLD 3, Don't go all in pre flop(I do very occasionally with AA KK & AK depending on players i am up against) 4 WHAT ARE YOU BEATING? (Probably the most important & the one I say to myself all the time. Ie, if I had AJ & flop came AXX I am only beating A 10) And to finish, my most recent one, win or lose....make good decisions. Also not forgetting bottom right corner my b/r which I update after each session, which is the best part lol as it nearly always goes up, ha ha
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hey mate,

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely give it another bash.  I think I am just so use to sit and go's that I am finding it hard to adjust but it will come with time.  

I look forward to hearing more about your cash adventure mate, and if your DYM blog is anything to go buy I know you will succeed.  

Cheers
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : Hey mate, Thanks for the advice, I will definitely give it another bash.  I think I am just so use to sit and go's that I am finding it hard to adjust but it will come with time.   I look forward to hearing more about your cash adventure mate, and if your DYM blog is anything to go buy I know you will succeed.   Cheers
    Posted by stretch83
    No worries. It took me a long time adjusting to cash too, so you are in good company  lol
    It really is just a matter of practice mate, but watching those videos will definitely help...a lot.
    Keep at it & don't get down if you lose right now & learn from all your mistakes, as I had to...and still am :)
    Keep in touch & let me know how it's going. Best wishes, 

$93.66     7/7/17

• edited July 2017
    $94.79     7/7/17

Just a quickie. Getting ever closer to my first $100 playing cash, woohoo, who would have thought it, not me that's for sure :)
    Just shows what can be done with a little thought & effort...& if I can do it, so can you!
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : No worries. It took me a long time adjusting to cash too, so you are in good company  lol It really is just a matter of practice mate, but watching those videos will definitely help...a lot. Keep at it & don't get down if you lose right now & learn from all your mistakes, as I had to...and still am :) Keep in touch & let me know how it's going. Best wishes,  $93.66     7/7/17
    Posted by devonfish5
    Sorry for late reply Dev, been working nights and missed this post.  Thanks for the advice, the videos are great and actually notice some of my post-flop play in early tournament play has improved a little.

Not far to go for $100 :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : Sorry for late reply Dev, been working nights and missed this post.  Thanks for the advice, the videos are great and actually notice some of my post-flop play in early tournament play has improved a little. Not far to go for $100 :)
    Posted by stretch83
    Thanks mate, glad you found those videos have helped. I am thinking of buying/trying out a hub once I move up to 2/5 anyway, maybe poker tracker 4, still not decided yet though, (can get a free months trial anyway, so it's on my mind for the future, ha ha.)
    Yes, nearly got the 100 up... it's only taken the last 9- 12 months or so to get there lol, but hopefully is just the beginning of bigger things to come :)

• edited July 2017
    $96.30     8/7/17

The bully boys were out to get me today but I picked my spots where to go to war with them which paid off in the end.
    Still only playing the 1 table but will be upping it yo 2 just as soon as my arms let me.
  • edited July 2017
    $97.91     9/7/17

Played solid & aggressive in position even when I missed too which was good :)
    Got a $10,000 freeroll to play @ 10pm tonight so with a bit of luck could reach that $100 b/r tonight, gl me :)
  • edited July 2017
    3, Don't go all in pre flop(I do very occasionally with AA KK 

I know you advocated folding KK in DYMs but..... really?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.91:
    3, Don't go all in pre flop(I do very occasionally with AA KK  I know you advocated folding KK in DYMs but..... really?
    Posted by dragon1964
    Can never be too careful Dragon me old fruit
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.91:
    3, Don't go all in pre flop(I do very occasionally with AA KK  I know you advocated folding KK in DYMs but..... really?
    Posted by dragon1964
    You forgot to mention AK btw. That's how I play & it works for me....really! :)

$99.11     9/7/17

Only won $1 in tonight's freeroll but hope to get there tomorrow,  night all.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : Thanks mate, glad you found those videos have helped. I am thinking of buying/trying out a hub once I move up to 2/5 anyway, maybe poker tracker 4, still not decided yet though, (can get a free months trial anyway, so it's on my mind for the future, ha ha.) Yes, nearly got the 100 up... it's only taken the last 9- 12 months or so to get there lol, but hopefully is just the beginning of bigger things to come :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Wow less than a dollar to go now mate and you have hit that target :)

I used the Poker Tracker 4 software free trialm was fantastic, tracked my losses very accurately lol :)

All seriousness I think it is a highly valuable piece of software, I would certainly consider paying for it should I attempt cash again.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 92.21 : Wow less than a dollar to go now mate and you have hit that target :) I used the Poker Tracker 4 software free trialm was fantastic, tracked my losses very accurately lol :) All seriousness I think it is a highly valuable piece of software, I would certainly consider paying for it should I attempt cash again.
    Posted by stretch83
    Thanks mate, that's made my mind up about getting it, ty. I am really waiting on two things before trying it out, 1: waiting for my arms to get better so I can try playing 2 tables on my pc, and 2: when b/r hits $110 so I have some wiggle room to play with, lol
    Playing later so hope for the big update later :)

• edited July 2017
    $99.17     10/7/17

Went $2 down early doors,(ran horrible), so was always going to be uphill from then on.
    Happy how session finished though & how I played, tomorrow's always just around the corner & all good things are worth waiting for :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.91 : You forgot to mention AK btw. That's how I play & it works for me....really! :) $99.11     9/7/17 Only won $1 in tonight's freeroll but hope to get there tomorrow,  night all.
    Posted by devonfish5
    AK is behind or flipping preflop often, so I understand why you don't want to commit.

But personally I would want to get it in when I'm ahead and I am never behind with AA and rarely with KK.

Then again I'm no cash player.

Whatever works for you is good.

Good luck
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.91 : AK is behind or flipping preflop often, so I understand why you don't want to commit. But personally I would want to get it in when I'm ahead and I am never behind with AA and rarely with KK. Then again I'm no cash player. Whatever works for you is good. Good luck
    Posted by dragon1964
    Thanks Dragon. I'm no cash player either, lol  I just do a good job pretending  ha ha.
    I play it as I see it, as I did playing Dym too, & as long as I'm making a few bob that's all that matters to me, & enjoying the challenge of course.
    PS: playing 10nl here several years ago, one session I went aipf seven times with either AA KK or QQ(twice I think from memory), & lost every hand & obviously lost £70 that session. What are the odds on that? & that is why I now play those so called 'premium hands' the way I do...with caution for the most part, and for me anyway i find it the better way of playing them.
     Obviously the 'real' cash players will disagree with this & could give me all the figures  to prove me wrong no doubt, but I don't care about those or what they think or say to be honest. It's always been about 'me' & being true to myself  & as Frank says, "I did it MY WAY"

Edit; 11/7/17     7.37am     feels like a big day trying to get this $100 up, but in reality I've only got to win 83c. I'll just concentrate on making good decisions as always & what will be will be I guess.
    Anyway gl me, have a good day, back later with another update, with good news...hopefully! :)

• edited July 2017
    $99.18     11/7/17

Lol,  just a quickie b4 work, couldn't resist:)
    Ran rubbish again, but still won 1c ha ha,  every little helps....only 82c to go now....laters.
  • edited July 2017
    $95.76    11/7/17

Hit a brick wall today, but happy with my decisions so not a problem there.
    Funnily had KK went all in on turn on 9xx x board got called by A9 & Of course Ace came on river for 2 buy-ins lol
    Anyway, defeat is only momentary so it's over now, we all know it's only a Matter of time before we hit that $100 target, just isn't going to be today, :(

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 99.18:
    $95.76    11/7/17 Hit a brick wall today, but happy with my decisions so not a problem there. Funnily had KK went all in on turn on 9xx x board got called by A9 & Of course Ace came on river for 2 buy-ins lol Anyway, defeat is only momentary so it's over now, we all know it's only a Matter of time before we hit that $100 target, just isn't going to be today, :(
    Posted by devonfish5

This is a good thing no?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 99.18:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 99.18 : This is a good thing no?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yes, I made the right play here, just got unlucky & today it just happened to be the biggest pot of the session which was worth almost $4. Obviously played out a thousand times I'm going to win, so as long as I am making good decisions that's all that matters I guess.
  • edited July 2017
    $96.67     12/7/17

There's only one way to get over a bad(for me), losing session....that's get back out there & get in a winning session lol.
    Let's hope today we get back to some sort of normality & push forwards again, so far so good :)
  • edited July 2017
    $98.03     12/7/17

2nd session of the day, booking the win after yesterday's run bad & getting things moving forward again.
    Bully boy raised 6c pre-flop, I re-raised to 93c (holding AK), he went all in(just over $1) I called, he had AQ, BOOM nice double up  lol
    Who says I only play tight ABC  poker :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67:
    $98.03     12/7/17 2nd session of the day, booking the win after yesterday's run bad & getting things moving forward again. Bully boy raised 6c pre-flop, I re-raised to 93c (holding AK), he went all in(just over $1) I called, he had AQ, BOOM nice double up  lol Who says I only play tight ABC  poker :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice recovery Dev.  

I totally agree with doing things your way, if it is working currently and you are beating the game stick to it.  I know from your previous forum posts that if things start to go wrong you will re-evaluate and develop your game anyway so positive you will be succesful.

Any chance we will see you on the blue felts of Sky Poker at some point this year?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : Nice recovery Dev.   I totally agree with doing things your way, if it is working currently and you are beating the game stick to it.  I know from your previous forum posts that if things start to go wrong you will re-evaluate and develop your game anyway so positive you will be succesful. Any chance we will see you on the blue felts of Sky Poker at some point this year?
    Posted by stretch83
    Thanks mate. It has been a long road getting to where my cash game is right now & I wondered if I could ever win, but it shows if you are prepared to stick at it long enough then things can come good eventually:)
    I actually did play 1 table on nl4 a week or 2 ago, as I had to deposit some money to get me to my bank details here so that I could change my address details, lol
    I deposited £10 & within 10-15 minutes or so I was down to £6, so obviously not happy tried to withdraw the £6 & accept my loss,
    But of course I couldn't as the minimum withdrawal is £10, lol  so I carried on "sh@t or bust" came to mind(amongst a few other things)
    But luckily my luck improved & I got it up to £10.02 lol, & of course promptly withdrew it all, ha ha
    So I am technically 0. 02p up on Sky poker this year :)
    I can't see me returning at the moment but you never know, if Sky suddenly decide to give me that bonus I was hoping for, hint hint,
    Or maybe even a birthday surprise bonus, as they have done in previous years, then a return is always a possibility.
    I hope you are back to winning ways again mate, best wishes, from Dev.

$98.63     12/7/17        just won 60c in freeroll, every little helps:)

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : Thanks mate. It has been a long road getting to where my cash game is right now & I wondered if I could ever win, but it shows if you are prepared to stick at it long enough then things can come good eventually:) I actually did play 1 table on nl4 a week or 2 ago, as I had to deposit some money to get me to my bank details here so that I could change my address details, lol I deposited £10 & within 10-15 minutes or so I was down to £6, so obviously not happy tried to withdraw the £6 & accept my loss, But of course I couldn't as the minimum withdrawal is £10, lol  so I carried on "sh@t or bust" came to mind(amongst a few other things) But luckily my luck improved & I got it up to £10.02 lol, & of course promptly withdrew it all, ha ha So I am technically 0. 02p up on Sky poker this year :) I can't see me returning at the moment but you never know, if Sky suddenly decide to give me that bonus I was hoping for, hint hint, Or maybe even a birthday surprise bonus, as they have done in previous years, then a return is always a possibility. I hope you are back to winning ways again mate, best wishes, from Dev. $98.63     12/7/17        just won 60c in freeroll, every little helps:)
    Posted by devonfish5
    I get a little confused by this 'wining player' thing you keep mentioning
    I guess you are ahead and your profits could afford you the luxury of a free freddo each week. Now this is no bad thing as freddos are the nuts but what about if you could win 40 freddos a week?
    Your refusal to listen to well meaning advice doesn't help you one bit. Your misplaced arrogance and doing it "your way" does you no favours whatsoever.
    There are big winning players on here who regularly have coaching as they strive to improve.

I'm also baffled as to why you post on a forum of a site you don't play on and expect Sky to give you incentives to play 
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : Thanks mate. It has been a long road getting to where my cash game is right now & I wondered if I could ever win, but it shows if you are prepared to stick at it long enough then things can come good eventually:) I actually did play 1 table on nl4 a week or 2 ago, as I had to deposit some money to get me to my bank details here so that I could change my address details, lol I deposited £10 & within 10-15 minutes or so I was down to £6, so obviously not happy tried to withdraw the £6 & accept my loss, But of course I couldn't as the minimum withdrawal is £10, lol  so I carried on "sh@t or bust" came to mind(amongst a few other things) But luckily my luck improved & I got it up to £10.02 lol, & of course promptly withdrew it all, ha ha So I am technically 0. 02p up on Sky poker this year :)I can't see me returning at the moment but you never know, if Sky suddenly decide to give me that bonus I was hoping for, hint hint, Or maybe even a birthday surprise bonus, as they have done in previous years, then a return is always a possibility. I hope you are back to winning ways again mate, best wishes, from Dev. $98.63     12/7/17        just won 60c in freeroll, every little helps:)
    Posted by devonfish5

I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : I get a little confused by this 'wining player' thing you keep mentioning I guess you are ahead and your profits could afford you the luxury of a free freddo each week. Now this is no bad thing as freddos are the nuts but what about if you could win 40 freddos a week? Your refusal to listen to well meaning advice doesn't help you one bit. Your misplaced arrogance and doing it "your way" does you no favours whatsoever. There are big winning players on here who regularly have coaching as they strive to improve. I'm also baffled as to why you post on a forum of a site you don't play on and expect Sky to give you incentives to play 
    Posted by Jac35
    Doesn't take much to confuse you does it.
    I believe a 'winning player' is someone who plays a game, is of a reasonable standard & who can beat the opposition.
    In poker terms for your benefit that constitutes someone who makes money.
    " I guess you are ahead" another of your quotes, yes I think you might say that....almost $100 ahead in fact.
    You see Jac you are one of the people I am reffering to when I say I really don't care about what you think or say.
    I've just given you the curtousy of a reply.
    I post here a, because I can & b, because there are some people who actually enjoy my posts regardless of whether I play here now or not.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    No worries, I'm not :)