You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Devonfish5, playing ca$h...b/r 128.17....The end is here...

Comments

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 96.67 : Doesn't take much to confuse you does it. I believe a 'winning player' is someone who plays a game, is of a reasonable standard & who can beat the opposition. In poker terms for your benefit that constitutes someone who makes money. " I guess you are ahead" another of your quotes, yes I think you might say that....almost $100 ahead in fact. You see Jac you are one of the people I am reffering to when I say I really don't care about what you think or say. I post here a, because I can & b, because there are some people who actually enjoy my posts regardless of whether I play here now or not.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Gl in your games
    Keep doing 46x 3bets and you'll be just fine 
  • edited July 2017
    Are we all done here for today, if so I'll say goodnight:)
  • edited July 2017
    Good morning folks, welcome to another instalment.....
    Will Konta beat Venus? Let's hope so....
    Will I finally get that $100 up? Let's hope so...
    Will Jac & hhy be returning here? Let's leave it there, lol,
    Have a good day :)
    Let's play some poker...
  • edited July 2017
    Will Dev 3bet AK for 46bb?

Let's find out....
  • edited July 2017
    $97.15   13/7/17

Ran horrible again, seems to be a pattern here. Never mind no real damage done.
    All good things are worth waiting for, :)
    Laters.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 98.63:
    Will Dev 3bet AK for 46bb? Let's find out....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    What's a 3 bet? :)

Wondering how long it would take before one of you showed up, lol
  • edited July 2017
    Where's your mate this morning?

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.15:
    Where's your mate this morning?
    Posted by devonfish5

I believe he's signing up to 888 poker to go and bumhunt 2nl.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.15:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5. Playing cash...closing in on the next level. B/R 97.15 : I believe he's signing up to 888 poker to go and bumhunt 2nl.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol, he might get a little confused as I play under a different name there....
    It's very similar though...devonfish59  :)
  • edited July 2017
    $97.98     13/7/17       ran horrible again but got a little back from my loss earlier, got a $4,000 freeroll at 8pm not holding my breath on a big cash though:)

$98.39     14/7-17   still running pretty rubbish tbh aipf with AA v 66( can u believe it) Kqj 6x  lol
    Anyway, still up there, just have to stay positive:)

$98.63     14/7/17   
  • edited July 2017
    $99.64     15/7/17       nearly there :)     back later to try & get this done, it's not easy though as the pressure is building, ha ha
  • edited July 2017

Dev, does 30 odd pence REALLY matter ffs. Move up and put us out of our misery.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h....nearly there....B/R 99.64:
       Dev, does 30 odd pence REALLY matter ffs. Move up and put us out of our misery.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Lol, it matters to me, & I think it's me that needs to be put out of my misery :(

Btw, I  am moving up at $110 not $100 which gives me 22 buy-ins for the next level...keep up :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h....nearly there....B/R 99.64 : Lol, it matters to me, & I think it's me that needs to be put out of my misery :( Btw, I  am moving up at $110 not $100 which gives me 2 buy-ins for the next level...keep up :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Jumping straight to 55nl?

Hero.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h....nearly there....B/R 99.64 : Jumping straight to 55nl? Hero.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol, you got there just b4 me :)
  • edited July 2017
    $99.79     15/7/17       just a v quickie b4 the tennis, :)
  • edited July 2017
    $100.16     15/7/17

WOOOHOOO   TON UP :)   next target is $110 to move up levels, then $200, $500, (Probably give 5/10 a try at this point), $1000 :)

" play small think BIG! "
  • edited July 2017
    $101.26     16/7/17

Nice little win this morning to continue on from yesterday. Only $9 to go then we try our luck at 2/5 which is when it starts to get a bit interesting :)

$100.03     18/7/17     

$98.55     19/7/17    forwards back/forwards back, can't get anything going at the moment. making good decisions though I think, so just have to stay positive:)

$99.20     19/7/17    :)

$101.70     19/7/17    ran better tonight so good to be in 3 figures again :)

$102.94     20/7/17     
  • edited July 2017
    $103.53     20/7/17     

Missed me?  Ok, so maybe you haven't....i mean it's only been a few days..give it time.
    Had a session or two at 2/5, nothing much to report but keeping at 1/2 for the most part, until we hit that 110 target, hopefully won't be to much longer.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. Up/down....b/r 102.94:
    $103.53     20/7/17      Missed me?  Ok, so maybe you haven't....i mean it's only been a few days..give it time. Had a session or two at 2/5, nothing much to report but keeping at 1/2 for the most part, until we hit that 110 target, hopefully won't be to much longer.
    Posted by devonfish5
    I've missed you Dev. Enjoying following a winner. One request though, any chance of posting a few more hand histories. Be good to get an insight to how a winning player procecesses hands through the streets. 

Best of luck at 2/5 mate!
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. Up/down....b/r 102.94:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. Up/down....b/r 102.94 : I've missed you Dev. Enjoying following a winner. One request though, any chance of posting a few more hand histories. Be good to get an insight to how a winning player procecesses hands through the streets.  Best of luck at 2/5 mate!
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks SJ, not sure I can post any hand histories mate, (i am on my tablet at the moment, but hope to be back on my computer  soon so will see what i can do then,) but I will talk through any interesting ones that come up.
    I am still a novice, hence the reason I am playing 1/2 but I know that at 2/5 (which is about the same as 2/4 here), it gets a bit harder, ie: checking gets punished more by opponents betting into you, so that's a no no :)
    I know I could be playing more optimally, probably, by being more aggressive but you get called by almost any two cards as the stakes are so low, so you then have to know if your opponent is a tag, lag, fish, etc, & play them accordingly, i also play in position as much as possible & also a tight range especially out of position, which works for me. :)
    Best wishes, Dev.

$103.96     22/7/17
  • edited July 2017
    $106.36     22/7/17

Won $2.40 in $2,000 freeroll, first cash in a while...that 110 is getting closer :)
  • edited July 2017
    Good progress Devon, very impressed with the discipline, keep it going.

Ger
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. B/R 106.36:
    Good progress Devon, very impressed with the discipline, keep it going. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks Ger, I do my best to keep to the plan but stray from it from time to time, then quickly remember where I am & quickly move back down to the right level again, ha ha.....all good practice though for when I move up permanently, I hope. :)
    Best wishes, from Dev.

$105.27     23/7/17        probably the worst cards I've ever had for a single session so happy only losing just over a dollar:(
  • edited July 2017
    $108.30     23/7/17

No good 1/2 tables available so found a good 2/5 one with  two fish one holding $2 the other just over $3
    This one's for SJ....
    The $3 guy was aipf every hand, a few hands in I picked up 77 so raised to 11c  $3 guy is aipf as expected I snap call, yes with 77 who says I don't  gamble :).....he had A5
    Flopped QQ6 X6   BOOM        if this is what 2/5 is all about....bring it on, he he

My thought process here was simple; it's unlikely he has a bigger pair, but possible,  he's probably got the sort of hand he had, Ax kx Qx etc so I thought at worst I was probably racing or hopefully a fair favourite with the type of hand he had & that I had hoped he would have.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. B/R 105.27:
    $108.30     23/7/17 No good 1/2 tables available so found a good 2/5 one with  two fish one holding $2 the other just over $3 This one's for SJ.... The $3 guy was aipf every hand, a few hands in I picked up 77 so raised to 11c  $3 guy is aipf as expected I snap call, yes with 77 who says I don't  gamble :).....he had A5 Flopped QQ6 X6   BOOM        if this is what 2/5 is all about....bring it on, he he My thought process here was simple; it's unlikely he has a bigger pair, but possible,  he's probably got the sort of hand he had, Ax kx Qx etc so I thought at worst I was probably racing or hopefully a fair favourite with the type of hand he had & that I had hoped he would have.
    Posted by devonfish5

Balls of steel, Dev.

Lock up your daughters 5nl, Dev is coming for you.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. B/R 105.27 : Balls of steel, Dev. Lock up your daughters 5nl, Dev is coming for you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Lol    you better believe it :)
  • edited July 2017
    "In 2016, the recommended retail price of a Freddo has risen to 25 pence, representing an increase of 2 pence a year since 2000. According to a new report from Vouchercloud - the grandly-titled Freddo Index – if the cost had risen in line with inflation, a Freddo would now set you back just 15p.8 Jul 2016"

Nutcase 
    You risked about 10 Freddos gambling with 77
  • edited July 2017
    $108.30     23/7/17 No good 1/2 tables available so found a good 2/5 one with  two fish one holding $2 the other just over $3 This one's for SJ.... The $3 guy was aipf every hand, a few hands in I picked up 77 so raised to 11c  $3 guy is aipf as expected I snap call, yes with 77 who says I don't  gamble :).....he had A5 Flopped QQ6 X6   BOOM        if this is what 2/5 is all about....bring it on, he he My thought process here was simple; it's unlikely he has a bigger pair, but possible,  he's probably got the sort of hand he had, Ax kx Qx etc so I thought at worst I was probably racing or hopefully a fair favourite with the type of hand he had & that I had hoped he would have.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Boomio!!

Love it Dev, you're definitely gonna need a bit of gamble occassionally so good to see you have it in you. Should be plenty more psycho 5nl maniacs to pick off hopefully. Glgl
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. B/R 105.27 : Boomio!! Love it Dev, you're definitely gonna need a bit of gamble occassionally so good to see you have it in you. Should be plenty more psycho 5nl maniacs to pick off hopefully. Glgl
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks mate, thought of you even as the hand was in play, ha ha :)

Ps; must be going mad in me old age....aipf with 77.  Either that or my thinking outside the box is working :)