You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Devonfish5, playing ca$h...b/r 128.17....The end is here...

1235»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    $109.10     24/7/17        won 80c in $500 freeroll (58/5000+)....every little helps:)

$109.58     24/7/17
  • edited July 2017
    $111.01     25/7/17     
    Another cash in $2000 freeroll of $1.20 (304/6000+)
    Will now look to play 2/5 tables(well table as still on tablet), but table selection will be important to begin with especially, but looking forward to the next chapter & the challenge of the next level.
    It begins tomorrow.
  • edited July 2017
    $114.29     26/7/17
    So today was my first proper 2/5 session....struggled for almost 2&1/2 hours, had QQ flop AKX etc, this is how it went, i was just about to give up & take my losses, then eventually got KK 3-bet to 40c got called by one player,  flop Q 10 X...I bet 3/4 pot, called, 9 ON turn, I bet 3/4 pot again, got rr I went all in got called by JJ....X on river,  phew, my KK held for nice double up :)

So all ended well and now have almost 3 buy-ins to play with, so let's see what session two brings later :)
  • edited July 2017
    $116.04     26/7/17
    Just a quickie....i have KK  raise to 14c shortie goes all-in with AJ  I call...  flop XJX XX
    Great start, let's hope it continues:)
  • edited July 2017
    You've played KK twice today?!

Better go for a lie down.
  • edited July 2017
    Lol,  been waiting for someone to notice, let's hope we win three on the spin :)

$116.93     26/7/17      booking any wins right now just to move that bankroll forwards & give me more to play with, 
    As I know it's not going to last forever:)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5 here we come...B/R 116.04:
    Lol,  been waiting for someone to notice, let's hope we win three on the spin :) $116.93     26/7/17      booking any wins right now just to move that bankroll forwards & give me more to play with,  As I know it's not going to last forever:)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Congrats on the good start at the new level Dev. I remember when KK was a clear fold pre in the old DYM days, loving the cavalier style you've adopted.

By booking the win are you meaning as soon as you are in profit you leave?

You're missing some serious value if you are leaving games packed with maniacs if so.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5 here we come...B/R 116.04:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5 here we come...B/R 116.04 : Congrats on the good start at the new level Dev. I remember when KK was a clear fold pre in the old DYM days, loving the cavalier style you've adopted. By booking the win are you meaning as soon as you are in profit you leave? You're missing some serious value if you are leaving games packed with maniacs if so.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks mate, yes those KK folds became a good topic of conversation too I remember well :)
    Deffo playing more looser now I'm playing cash and I feel it's only going to get worse, ha ha
    I'm only booking the win at this critical stage of the game, yes when I am happy with what I've got in front of me then I'll leave the table.
    Tbh I was up against a lot of regs today so leaving made sense to me. As soon as I am better rolled I will play proper poker, lol
    Just to clarify; if b/r drops below $100 then I'll move back down to 1/2 & rebuild again, so getting money to play with at 2/5 is my only goal for the next few days. Hope that clears things up.
    Gotta go as a $2000 freeroll is starting ....and finishing  lol
    Won 80c though :)

$117.73     26/7/17
  • edited July 2017
    Quote of the day.....

"The more I practice the luckier I get"

Yes you all know who famously said that, but they will get harder, :)

Have a good day folks, back later.
  • edited July 2017
    Out of interest, why are you not playing on sky?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73:
    Out of interest, why are you not playing on sky?
    Posted by Sky__James
    Hi James, I have mentioned why in my first post, but as you have asked I will give a more in depth answer.
    Firstly, I wanted to play at the cheapest level available as I was/still am a cash novice, so the cheapest I could find was 1c/2c @888, had you still had 1p/2p tables available here I would have been happy to play here.
    Secondly, you get a lot more 'freerolls' @888 which of course I make the most of.
    Thirdly, I also receive the occasional cash bonus @i888 the last one being $10, this would have been back when my b/r was just beginning at around the $7 mark, as I remember the jump up to $17 at the time being massive.
    Fourth, I also get the occasional deposit/bonus reward offer, (which I did hint at here a little while ago, which was treated as a joke by pretty much everyone,) not really the best response I could have had.

Now don't get me wrong, I love it here @Sky Poker as this was the first site I signed up to, and I found the Dym tables profitable & made a lot of friends here. I only stopped playing them as I fancied a change and a new challenge hence my change to playing the cash tables.
    If there is a way of me returning to play here then let's try & find it. It just needs some 'give & take' I feel.
    Ok, I've been honest & as open as I can be, so let's see where we go from here. 
    All the best, from Ian.

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73:
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73 : Hi James, I have mentioned why in my first post, but as you have asked I will give a more in depth answer. Firstly, I wanted to play at the cheapest level available as I was/still am a cash novice, so the cheapest I could find was 1c/2c @888, had you still had 1p/2p tables available here I would have been happy to play here. Secondly, you get a lot more 'freerolls' @888 which of course I make the most of. Thirdly, I also receive the occasional cash bonus @i888 the last one being $10, this would have been back when my b/r was just beginning at around the $7 mark, as I remember the jump up to $17 at the time being massive. Now don't get me wrong, I love it here @Sky Poker as this was the first site I signed up to, and I found the Dym tables profitable & made a lot of friends here. I only stopped playing them as I fancied a change and a new challenge hence my change to playing the cash tables. If there is a way of me returning to play here then let's try & find it. It just needs some 'give & take' I feel. Ok, I've been honest & as open as I can be, so let's see where we go from here.  All the best, from Ian.
    Posted by devonfish5

Top left of your screen, the deposit tab.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73 : Top left of your screen, the deposit tab.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Why deposit when I don't need to?

Sky should want me back here if only for the banter I bring to the site, and not forgetting all the rake they will be getting from me :)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73 : Why deposit when I don't need to? Sky should want me back here if only for the banter I bring to the site, and not forgetting all the rake they will be getting from me :)
    Posted by devonfish5

Let's be honest Dev, the only thing ''stopping'' you from playing on Sky is your misplaced arrogance about being entitled to some deposit bonus.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73 : Let's be honest Dev, the only thing ''stopping'' you from playing on Sky is your misplaced arrogance about being entitled to some deposit bonus.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You can think what you like hh, I really don't care tbh 
    I've had my say & you can all make of it what you will.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h. 2/5...quote of the day..."The more I practice the luckier I get" b/r 117.73 : You can think what you like hh, I really don't care tbh  I've had my say & you can all make of it what you will.
    Posted by devonfish5

It's true though isn't it?

If you want to play on 888 then its all gravy and I can see why you do (lowest levels, more FRs etc).

But don't say stuff like ''if there is a way for me to return to Sky.....'' like you're in some kind of quandry about playing on here. You're angling for a bonus that in no way shape or form are you entitled to. You can play on Sky; you hit deposit, stick some money on the site and then load up some tables, or in your case, table.

If you don't want to deposit on the site then that is fair enough and just stick to 888, but lets not make out like its something it really isn't.
  • edited July 2017
    Let's not make this personal hh...you've had your say, I've had mine, let's leave it there & move on.

2nd quote of the day.....

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well"

$119.73     27/7/17       only played in $4000 freeroll today, won $2 (455/5000+)
  • edited July 2017
    This one made me smile,....
    Quote of the day....

"Don't ever wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it"

Ok, so let's get down to business.
    I am going to make this my final post on this thread,(which will please one or three).
    Why? About time some would argue.
    I only came here (3 Months ago I see), to let any old friends know about my cash exploits & how it was progressing, & it was as I said in my opening post only meant to be a fleeting visit, & not another long drawn out diary thingy...again :)
    I also don't want to over stay my welcome,(think that ship sailed a while ago, lol) & therefore will end it here on my terms.
    I think Sky Poker have missed an opportunity to get me back here playing again, (not a big deal now of course, but in a year or two I could be playing multiple tables at much higher stakes, we can but dream, in which case would be losing out on my business, but hey who am I to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.)

So to finish, the facts....30/3/17     b/r $46.48
                                              28/7/17     b/r $122.09

Profit +$75.61       happy?  Yes, onwards and upwards:)

"A BIG THANKS to everyone that has supported me & followed the journey so far.(especially to SJspanky1...appreciated all your nice comments & encouragement, thanks again mate,)...Let's hope this is only the beginning of BIGGER things to come."
    Run well & when you Don't, don't worry it's only a game, you can always win it back tomorrow:)
    Best wishes,from Dev.
  • ommomm
    edited July 2017
    Wouldn't you get to play quite a lot of freerolls if you returned to Sky? Not only can you use your points for freerolls throughout the day but also there is a main one every night which I think is a £1000, the great news for you would be that you wouldn't have to wade through thousands to get in the money. Haven't played one recently but from memory there are probably 1k or less runners. Even better when a series or promotion is on as Sky put on added prizes. 

Seems to me that it's you that is missing out on a lot of value by not playing on Sky.
  • edited July 2017
    Dev you cant leave us now that you're passed 1/2c and things are about to get interesting lol

This diary frustrates me at times but I always enjoy reading it so hope you keep going. I also hope you come back to sky because you seem to want to and life's too short to not do what you want to do for the sake of £10 (in a deposit bonus or whatever).

Anyway great job getting to $120 and best of luck wherever and whatever you decide to play.
  • edited July 2017
    Good luck, whether you play here or elsewhere. This thread has had its moments.

I've been playing on here for 4 years on the strength of 1 bonus, so can be done ;)
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Devonfish5, playing ca$h...b/r 119.73 quote of the day...."don't ever wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it"....The end is here...:
    Wouldn't you get to play quite a lot of freerolls if you returned to Sky? Not only can you use your points for freerolls throughout the day but also there is a main one every night which I think is a £1000, the great news for you would be that you wouldn't have to wade through thousands to get in the money. Haven't played one recently but from memory there are probably 1k or less runners. Even better when a series or promotion is on as Sky put on added prizes.  Seems to me that it's you that is missing out on a lot of value by not playing on Sky.
    Posted by omm

Basically this.

You've previously enjoyed playing here.
    You know the players and have plenty of friends and well wishers kicking about.
    You like to post on the forum.

Who's missing the opportunity by not playing here; you or Sky? Maybe something to consider, but I think deep down you know the answer anyway.

All the best on 888 or wherever your poker takes you.