You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** OFFICIAL THREAD ** 387 SHARES FINALISED FOR AUGUST 1ST 2017 ONWARDS ** AUGUS

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    like the look of this im in for £20 a month ill set up direct debit on monday the latest. would prefer 28th as thats when paid if thats possable?

back in younger days (hate this phrase) we used to do a saturday syndicate where 1 person rotating got to gamble with the allocated money, we all put £10 each in so £200 to gamble on a saturday, this was before internet tho. we kept winnings in a bank account and had a day out at a race meeting with winnings. 

ill PM you my emaiil address 

thanks

micky
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE. JUST NEED JORDZ AND WYNNE TO CONFIRM STANDING ORDER SET UP:
    like the look of this im in for £20 a month ill set up direct debit on monday the latest. would prefer 28th as thats when paid if thats possable? back in younger days (hate this phrase) we used to do a saturday syndicate where 1 person rotating got to gamble with the allocated money, we all put £10 each in so £200 to gamble on a saturday, this was before internet tho. we kept winnings in a bank account and had a day out at a race meeting with winnings.  ill PM you my emaiil address  thanks micky
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Hi Micky, I have replied to your email and have updated the opening post spreadsheet accordingly.

Welcome to the syndicate!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE:
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE : Hi Gary, just confirming this is 20 shares not 40. £100 per month = 20 * £5 shares. OK mate?
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Of course - my rushed math 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi Graham
    2 shares please and s/o is set up already
    Good luck with this
    John
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE. JUST NEED JORDZ AND WYNNE TO CONFIRM STANDING ORDER SET UP:
    Hi Graham 2 shares please and s/o is set up already Good luck with this John
    Posted by onejohnb

Great stuff John.

Welcome.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Can you count me in for 4 shares please
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I'm in for a punt Graham 

4 shares please 

GL us
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Any of you tech savvy youngsters know how I can direct message Graham my email address, if my tablet doesn't support such messages?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Any of you tech savvy youngsters know how I can direct message Graham my email address, if my tablet doesn't support such messages?
    Posted by onejohnb
    I also had the same problem today so had to kick my son off his PC, don't know any other way round it I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Posted by onejohnb
    If you're using an Apple tablet that requires you to have Flash Player installed then the only work around I know is to install an app called "puffin" which is an additional browser like safari, explorer or chrome.  If you then open the "puffin" app and load skypoker.com you'll be able to see and send PMs via the Sky messaging as if you were on pc.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks very much for that.
    I'll give it a go 
    Cheers 

IT WORKED
    You are officially my tech support
    Thnx again
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi can you add me for 5 shares please, will set up a standing order for th £25 per month
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Standing order done will send you my email next time on laptop
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi.

Can all syndicate members that haven't already set up their standing orders, please do so ASAP, and notify me when you have done so.

Can you also check that the opening post spreadsheet accurately represents your position, and, if you haven't already, please make sure I have your email address.

With so much interest, I am going to need to be quite strict re deadlines for monies to be received etc, otherwise it could become very labour intensive and "awkward" if monies are received late.

Many thanks,

Graham
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Hi Matt, welcome.

Could you please PM me your email address and also confirm that you have set up a Montly Standing Order for £20 starting on 24th April.

Cheers,

Graham
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Likewise Chris.

Welcome.

Could you please PM me your email address and also confirm that you have set up a Monthly Standing Order for £20 starting on 24th April.

Cheers,

Graham
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have added some more "rules" to the earlier "rules" post, I have cut and paste them below:

THE SELECTION PROCESS AND ETHOS: (GETTING IN THE RIGHT SPIRIT)

11) REGARDING PEOPLES SELECTIONS, PLEASE POST THEM AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST RACE DETAILING THE TIME, CLOTH NUMBER, HORSE NAME AND ODDS, IDEALLY IN CAPITALS FOR CLARITY. I CAN NOT CONSIDER HORSES POSTED TOO LATE.

12) I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO AVOID OUTSIDERS, AND I DO STILL THINK WE SHOULD AVOID THESE. HOWEVER DO POST AN OUTSIDER IF YOU FEEL REALLY STRONGLY ABOUT IT, AND IT WILL BE CONSIDERED. I MAY STILL REMOVE IT, BUT I WILL SHORT LIST IT.

13) IF THERE ARE TWO OR MORE POSSIBLE "BANKERS", I MAY ASK FOR THOUGHTS ON WHICH ONE WE SHOULD GO FOR.

14) DURING THIS PROCESS WE WILL, FOR SURE, ENDURE DISSAPOINTMENT. FROM NEAR MISSES, THE BANKER LETTING US DOWN, BUSTING THE FIRST LEG, HAVING SIX HORSES IN THE LEG, BUT STILL NOT GETTING THE WINNER. I ASK PEOPLE TO BE PATIENT AND NOT "RESULTS" ORIENTATED.

15) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISCM IS WELCOME, BUT LETS GIVE THE PROCESS A GOOD CHANCE BEFORE BECOMING TOO OPINIONATED.

16) I AM HAPPY FOR PEOPLE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" IF THEY HAVE MADE A SELECTION THAT I REMOVED, AND IT WINS, BUT UNLESS YOU MENTION IT BEFOREHAND, COMMENTS LIKE "WE SHOULD OF HAD THAT ONE IN" ARE COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

17) PEOPLE ARE WORKING VERY HARD ON THIS (NOT JUST ME) AND INEVITABLY DECISONS WILL NEED TO BE MADE, THAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK US. IF I TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE THE PERM WOULD BE TOO BIG.

18) IF ANYONE WISHES TO "CASH IN" AND LEAVE THE SYNDICATE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED AT WHATEVER THE "SHARE VALUE" IS (IE KITTY/TOTAL NUMBER OF SHARES*YOUR NUMBER OF SHARES)

19) PLAYERS WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE LEFT THE SYNDICATE IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY THE 28TH OF THE MONTH PRIOR. (MICKYBLUE HAS UNTIL 30TH AS HE REQUESTED A FEW DAYS DELAY TO FIT IN WITH HIS PAY DAY SCHEDULE)

20) QUITE OFTEN IN FLAT MEETINGS THEY START THINGS OFF WITH A "MAIDEN". THIS OFTEN HAS SEVERAL FIRST TIME OUT RUNNERS, AND WATCHING BETTING MOVES RIGHT UP TO THE LAST MINUTE IS KEY. THIS MAY RESULT IN THE SELECTIONS ONLY BEING FINALISED JUST BEFORE THE OFF. IN THIS CASE I WILL FIRSTLY JUST POST THE BET RECEIPT, SO YOU CAN SEE WE ARE ON. THE FINAL SPREADSHEET OF THE PERM WITH THEN FOLLOW SHORTLY AFTER. I APPRECIATE THIS MAY BE FRUSTRATING, BUT WE REALLY NEED THAT LAST MINUTE INFO IN THESE SCENARIOS.

21) LETS ALL HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS. CONTRIBUTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN/WOULD LIKE TO, I WILL ALWAYS LISTEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS, IF SOMEONE THINKS WE ARE "MISSING A TRICK" SOMEWHERE.

I will be very strict on deadlines for monies received, so do make sure your standing order is set up promptly. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check the opening post from 25th onwards to confirm that I have acknowledged receipt of your payment. If monies are not received by the deadline, you will have zero shares for the month, and be deemed NOT to be in the Syndicate. There is so much to consider as it is, and I don't want to be responsible for chasing up payments.

If anyone thinks anything else needs to be covered in the rules, please let me know. GL us!

• Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi guys. Here is an example of the Ledger that I will keep. Any comments, let me know:

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT RUNNING BALANCE

24/04/17 MONTHLY SUBS £765.00 £765.00
    28/04/17 MONTHLY SUBS £20.00 £785.00
    01/05/17 BET STAKE -£320.00 £465.00
    03/05/17 BET STAKE -£380.00 £85.00
    03/05/17 BET RETURNS £580.00 £665.00
    10/05/17 BET STAKE -£340.00 £325.00

TOTALS

£325.00

FUNDS IN BANK £85.00
    FUNDS IN BETTING ACCOUNT £240.00

NUMBER OF SHARES 157

VALUE PER SHARE £2.07

END
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Standing order for £25 monthly on the 24th
    Stating April 2017 set up today.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Please note, new members/changes to number of shares, can only be added/changed towards the end of each month. (In time for standing order day)

The new member will pay a one off amount of (value per share*number of shares required) and then the appropriate standing order amount.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In the event of being lucky enough to get a decent cash, I will declare a dividend (will agree an amount on forum).

The money will be paid into people's accounts and it will look something like this on the ledger: (Snuffer has kindly agreed to act as auditor and one of his tasks will be verifying/checking these spreadsheets and figures.)

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT RUNNING BALANCE

24/04/17 MONTHLY SUBS (CREDIT) £765.00 £765.00
    28/04/17 MONTHLY SUBS (CREDIT) £20.00 £785.00
    01/05/17 BET STAKE (DEBIT) -£320.00 £465.00
    03/05/17 BET STAKE (DEBIT) -£380.00 £85.00
    03/05/17 BET RETURNS (CREDIT) £580.00 £665.00
    10/05/17 BET STAKE (DEBIT) -£340.00 £325.00
    11/05/17 BET STAKE (DEBIT) -£220.00 £105.00
    11/05/17 BET RETURN (CREDIT) £5,500.00 £5,605.00
    12/05/17 DIV (£25/SHARE) (DEBIT) -£3,925.00 £1,680.00

TOTALS

£1,680.00

FUNDS IN BANK £0.00
    FUNDS IN BETTING ACCOUNT £1,680.00

NUMBER OF SHARES 157

VALUE PER SHARE £10.70
    END

• Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE. CAN ALL MEMBERS PLEASE ENSURE THEY HAVE SENT ME THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND CONFIRM STANDING ORDER SET UP. TY:
    I have added some more "rules" to the earlier "rules" post, I have cut and paste them below: THE SELECTION PROCESS AND ETHOS: (GETTING IN THE RIGHT SPIRIT) 11) REGARDING PEOPLES SELECTIONS, PLEASE POST THEM AT LEAST ONE HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST RACE DETAILING THE TIME, CLOTH NUMBER, HORSE NAME AND ODDS, IDEALLY IN CAPITALS FOR CLARITY. I CAN NOT CONSIDER HORSES POSTED TOO LATE. 12) I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO AVOID OUTSIDERS, AND I DO STILL THINK WE SHOULD AVOID THESE. HOWEVER DO POST AN OUTSIDER IF YOU FEEL REALLY STRONGLY ABOUT IT, AND IT WILL BE CONSIDERED. I MAY STILL REMOVE IT, BUT I WILL SHORT LIST IT. 13) IF THERE ARE TWO OR MORE POSSIBLE "BANKERS", I MAY ASK FOR THOUGHTS ON WHICH ONE WE SHOULD GO FOR. 14) DURING THIS PROCESS WE WILL, FOR SURE, ENDURE DISSAPOINTMENT. FROM NEAR MISSES, THE BANKER LETTING US DOWN, BUSTING THE FIRST LEG, HAVING SIX HORSES IN THE LEG, BUT STILL NOT GETTING THE WINNER. I ASK PEOPLE TO BE PATIENT AND NOT "RESULTS" ORIENTATED. 15) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISCM IS WELCOME, BUT LETS GIVE THE PROCESS A GOOD CHANCE BEFORE BECOMING TOO OPINIONATED. 16) I AM HAPPY FOR PEOPLE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" IF THEY HAVE MADE A SELECTION THAT I REMOVED, AND IT WINS, BUT UNLESS YOU MENTION IT BEFOREHAND, COMMENTS LIKE "WE SHOULD OF HAD THAT ONE IN" ARE COUNTER PRODUCTIVE. 17) PEOPLE ARE WORKING VERY HARD ON THIS (NOT JUST ME) AND INEVITABLY DECISONS WILL NEED TO BE MADE, THAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK US. IF I TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE THE PERM WOULD BE TOO BIG. 18) IF ANYONE WISHES TO "CASH IN" AND LEAVE THE SYNDICATE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED AT WHATEVER THE "SHARE VALUE" IS (IE KITTY/TOTAL NUMBER OF SHARES*YOUR NUMBER OF SHARES) 19) PLAYERS WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE LEFT THE SYNDICATE IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY THE 28TH OF THE MONTH PRIOR. (MICKYBLUE HAS UNTIL 30TH AS HE REQUESTED A FEW DAYS DELAY TO FIT IN WITH HIS PAY DAY SCHEDULE) 20) QUITE OFTEN IN FLAT MEETINGS THEY START THINGS OFF WITH A "MAIDEN". THIS OFTEN HAS SEVERAL FIRST TIME OUT RUNNERS, AND WATCHING BETTING MOVES RIGHT UP TO THE LAST MINUTE IS KEY. THIS MAY RESULT IN THE SELECTIONS ONLY BEING FINALISED JUST BEFORE THE OFF. IN THIS CASE I WILL FIRSTLY JUST POST THE BET RECEIPT, SO YOU CAN SEE WE ARE ON. THE FINAL SPREADSHEET OF THE PERM WITH THEN FOLLOW SHORTLY AFTER. I APPRECIATE THIS MAY BE FRUSTRATING, BUT WE REALLY NEED THAT LAST MINUTE INFO IN THESE SCENARIOS. 21) LETS ALL HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS. CONTRIBUTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN/WOULD LIKE TO, I WILL ALWAYS LISTEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS, IF SOMEONE THINKS WE ARE "MISSING A TRICK" SOMEWHERE. I will be very strict on deadlines for monies received, so do make sure your standing order is set up promptly. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY  to check the opening post from 25 th onwards to confirm that I have acknowledged receipt of your payment. If monies are not received by the deadline, you will have zero shares for the month, and be deemed NOT to be in the Syndicate. There is so much to consider as it is, and I don't want to be responsible for chasing up payments. If anyone thinks anything else needs to be covered in the rules, please let me know. GL us!
    Posted by StayOrGo
    In my opinion it is essential that this be seriously noted. I have (with others) for number of years backed 8 football teams (same teams every week) to win on a weekly basis (7 from 8 and 8 from 8). Occasionally there will be less playing or 2 selection are playing each other etc and the perm is adjusted accordingly. Some weeks it is very frustrating (getting 6 correct and the "1 to 4" shot lets you down etc.). In the long run it works, out of 38 bets so far this season we have had 2 maximum cashes and 4 minor cashes with an ROI of 165%. We have had at least one maximum cash in each of the last 4 seasons.

I thought it would be useful to make this post to emphasise the point that is being made. Remember PATIENCE is a virtue.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The toughest job is likely to be finding a ratio for the syndicate oulay per jackpot attempt, against the jackpot pool itself.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    standing order done mate 
    ill reply to email now
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE - OFFICIAL THREAD - RULES AND PAYMENT INFO - SIGN UP HERE. NEED CONFIRMATION FROM CHRISPIP AND MICKYBLUE THAT THEIR STANDING ORDERS HAVE BEEN SET UP:
    The toughest job is likely to be finding a ratio for the syndicate oulay per jackpot attempt, against the jackpot pool itself.
    Posted by chilling

Not sure it's the toughest job, but certainly does need considering.

At the ealy stages, I will probably limit it to scenarios where we don't need to lay out more than £400 a time, so that we can hopefully have at least two attempts per month.

If we need a bigger perm than this, then it probably is too "open" a meeting.

However, IF, we have a decent balance in the Kitty then at that stage we can possibly consider bigger perms in the more competitive cards. (subject to forum approval)

Cheers for the input.

G
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hi.

Please note, the deadline for New Members to be involved in the syndicate for May is

20th April.

This is also the final date that Standing Orders can be set up.

Also please note: After this date, new members will not be able to join until the next "betting month" begins, nor will existing members be able to change their number of shares "mid month".

I am sure you understand it has to be like this, otherwise the administration becomes very difficult.

Cheers and thanks for your interest.

Graham