You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

high roller sat

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
there is a high roller sat at 7pm tonight which qualifies you for the semi at 6pm tonight. If only that was possible.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to high roller sat:
    there is a high roller sat at 7pm tonight which qualifies you for the semi at 6pm tonight. If only that was possible.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    All the later ones are exactly the same, back to the future.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat:
    In Response to high roller sat : All the later ones are exactly the same, back to the future.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    The later all in sats qualify for a semi at 9.45 pm. This semi is not in the lobby.
  • edited April 2017

^^^

The Blurb does say that the target event (the High Roller Semi) is at 6pm this evening, but I think it is the blurb that is wrong - as far as I can see, the High Roller Semi actually takes place at 9.45pm this evening.

The same applies to numerous feeders into tonight's High Roller Semi.

I have asked the office for clarification & await their reply, so for now, please assume the Semi it feeds into is at 2145 this evening, not 1800.  
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : The later all in sats qualify for a semi at 9.45 pm. This semi is not in the lobby.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    It is in the Lobby (the 2145 one) Tony, HERE

There is not a 6pm Semi, it looks like it is just an error in the blurb.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : It is in the Lobby (the 2145 one) Tony, HERE There is not a 6pm Semi, it looks like it is just an error in the blurb.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This link is for a quarter Tikkay not the semi.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : This link is for a quarter Tikkay not the semi.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Try this, which states SEMI.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=31245595&guid=1ab65db1-f0d1-4bc2-85b4-787099361f15
  • edited April 2017
  • edited April 2017

The Office have confirmed it is just an error in the blurb, (apologies) & they all feed into the Semi at 2145 this evening.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Try this, which states SEMI. https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=31245595&guid=1ab65db1-f0d1-4bc2-85b4-787099361f15
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry Tikkay, but that link does not give me access to the registration button, and it is still not in the lobby.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Sorry Tikkay, but that link does not give me access to the registration button, and it is still not in the lobby.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    There is no Registration Button yet, as Registration does not open until 21.15 tonight.

Once registration opens, the Register button will appear.

Tonight's Semi @ 2145 IS in the lobby, check your filters or click the link I gave you.

It can be accessed either via the UKOPS tab or the Satellite Tab. The Semi Final is clearly visible in both lobbies.

• edited April 2017
    Just to point out that there are three seats guaranteed in this and the description field, once again, does not specify the minimum number of runners.

I wouldn't want a repeat of the contentious Super H/R Semi cancellation on Friday, so what are the minimum number of runners?

Also, did upstairs get back with a response to the fore mentioned cancellation?

If MTT's are possibly going to get cancelled, it would be nice to know the conditions that would cause that to be the case.

I'm sure this one will get plenty of runners and will run, but we do need visibility of the minimum runners criteria (if there is one), otherwise as Haysie says, the guarantees do not count for much.

My suggestion is that, if a min runners is not mentioned in the decription field, then the MTT should never be cancelled.

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S. There is no urgency with this TK, but just to close the loop.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : There is no Registration Button yet, as Registration does not open until 21.15 tonight. Once registration opens, the Register button will appear. Tonight's Semi @ 2145 IS in the lobby, check your filters or click the link I gave you.   It can be accessed either via the UKOPS tab or the Satellite Tab. The Semi Final is clearly visible in both lobbies.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Brilliant thanks Tikkay.
  • edited April 2017
    Just to point out that there are three seats guaranteed in this and the description field, once again, does not specify the minimum number of runners. I wouldn't want a repeat of the contentious Super H/R Semi cancellation on Friday, so what are the minimum number of runners? Also, did upstairs get back with a response to the fore mentioned cancellation? If MTT's are possibly going to get cancelled, it would be nice to know the conditions that would cause that to be the case. I'm sure this one will get plenty of runners and will run, but we do need visibility of the minimum runners criteria (if there is one), otherwise as Haysie says, the guarantees do not count for much. My suggestion is that, if a min runners is not mentioned in the decription field, then the MTT should never be cancelled. Cheers, Graham. P.S. There is no urgency with this TK, but just to close the loop.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Really disappointing to be sitting here on Tuesday afternoon, still none the wiser.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Really disappointing to be sitting here on Tuesday afternoon, still none the wiser.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    The Forum is not a substitute for Customer Care, I just try to help where I can. As with all reasonable questions posted on here, when I know the answer I'll reply. Until I do, I would suggest you assume there IS a minimum number of runners, & cancellations may happen occasionally.

I replied to you 6 (SIX) times last night, so please show a little patience, Tony.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : The Forum is not a substitute for Customer Care, I just try to help where I can. As with all reasonable questions posted on here, when I know the answer I'll reply. Until I do, I would suggest you assume there IS a minimum number of runners, & cancellations may happen occasionally. I replied to you 6 (SIX) times last night, so please show a little patience, Tony.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes of course, my fault too TK.

I just think if the min runners is always visible in the description field then, if an MTT gets cancelled, we may not like it, but we all know what the criteria was, so everything is more transparent.

Anyhow TK, this takes as long as it takes, it's not life or death. If Haysie or I feel the need to escalate then we should do it through the Customer Care channel and not here.

Your feedback is much appreciated and I know that it is not your job or responsibility to sort all these things out.

Take care, and most importantly, don't let us "moaning" poker players stress you out. :=)

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Yes of course, my fault too TK. I just think if the min runners is always visible in the description field then, if an MTT gets cancelled, we may not like it, but we all know what the criteria was, so everything is more transparent. Anyhow TK, this takes as long as it takes, it's not life or death. If Haysie or I feel the need to escalate then we should do it through the Customer Care channel and not here. Your feedback is much appreciated and I appreciate know that it is not your job to sort all these things out. Take care, and most importantly, don't let us "moaning" poker players stress you out. :=) Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

Thank you for being 100% understanding.

The minimum number of runners SHOULD be in the description, that is not in dispute. There is a bit of a headache & a log jam right now, due to staff workload & sickness, but as soon as it is resolved, the minimum numbers will be added to the blurb.  

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Hi Graham, Thank you for being 100% understanding. The minimum number of runners SHOULD be in the description, that is not in dispute. There is a bit of a headache & a log jam right now, due to staff workload & sickness, but as soon as it is resolved, the minimum numbers will be added to the blurb.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Great TK. TY.

May I suggest with templates, that when a minimum runners is "set" that it automatically causes the min runners to be displayed in the description field.

This is not a criticism, however, there are often template errors, but with "good" templates one field that is dependant on another is automatically generated, so one can't be done without the other, and visa versa.

It just takes some of the "manual" error out of the equation. So perhaps a general revamp of templates so that they have a self checking mechanism is required. 

Another example where this would be useful was when we had the 5 seats guaranteed in a satellite and it was still going with just 5 runners left.

Self checking templates, that reconcile these things, should prevent this type of error happening too.

Also regarding prize pool, a template should always ensure that the sum of all prize money = the total prize pool so manual errors do not happen here either. (I remember once their was a template error that caused this type of problem, but I am sure something as fundamental as that has now been sorted)

Just a thought. 

Thanks, once again, for your feedback.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : The Forum is not a substitute for Customer Care, I just try to help where I can. As with all reasonable questions posted on here, when I know the answer I'll reply. Until I do, I would suggest you assume there IS a minimum number of runners, & cancellations may happen occasionally. I replied to you 6 (SIX) times last night, so please show a little patience, Tony.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I really enjoy playing on Sky, and have no wish to have a row with you Tikay.
    However I am disappointed by your reply. You point out that you answered my posts 6 times last night, which I appreciate. However my original posts last night were merely pointing out that you had included the wrong information in some of last nights sats. I was merely trying to be helpful. One of your replies was to correct a link that you had previously sent me. All in all I appreciate your help, but now feel like keeping quiet the next time I spot tournaments with the wrong information. This is not an uncommon issue.
    You point out that the Forum is no substitute for Customer Care. Does that mean we should be expecting Customer care to contact us? If so, when? The tournament was on Friday, and it is now getting late on Tuesday afternoon. The sat was to win a £530 seat, not a £1 dym, yet has not yet warranted any contact from your Customer Care. The actual tournament concerned is getting ever closer.
    Lastly if the outcome is as you suggest, I must point out that Sky Poker, and the Oxford English Dictionary do not share a definition of the word guaranteed. 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : I really enjoy playing on Sky, and have no wish to have a row with you Tikay. However I am disappointed by your reply. You point out that you answered my posts 6 times last night, which I appreciate. However my original posts last night were merely pointing out that you had included the wrong information in some of last nights sats. I was merely trying to be helpful. One of your replies was to correct a link that you had previously sent me. All in all I appreciate your help, but now feel like keeping quiet the next time I spot tournaments with the wrong information. This is not an uncommon issue. You point out that the Forum is no substitute for Customer Care. Does that mean we should be expecting Customer care to contact us? If so, when? The tournament was on Friday, and it is now getting late on Tuesday afternoon. The sat was to win a £530 seat, not a £1 dym, yet has not yet warranted any contact from your Customer Care. The actual tournament concerned is getting ever closer. Lastly if the outcome is as you suggest, I must point out that Sky Poker, and the Oxford English Dictionary do not share a definition of the word guaranteed. 
    Posted by HAYSIE
    On the subject of last nights posts. I discovered that I couldnt see the sat in question was because my lobby setting is for registration only (to avoid all the finished tourneys showing up). Because this sat was not available for registration until 9.15pm it was not visible until 9.15. Why was it only available for entry at 9.15? Does this happen often? I just usually have a look for tourneys at the start of the evening and decide what I am going to play. If this practice is common I will not be seeing some of the available tourneys.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : On the subject of last nights posts. I discovered that I couldnt see the sat in question was because my lobby setting is for registration only (to avoid all the finished tourneys showing up). Because this sat was not available for registration until 9.15pm it was not visible until 9.15. Why was it only available for entry at 9.15? Does this happen often? I just usually have a look for tourneys at the start of the evening and decide what I am going to play. If this practice is common I will not be seeing some of the available tourneys.
    Posted by HAYSIE

Hi Haysie, it is clearly set to 9.15pm to stop people registering, then playing a feeder sat, then un-registering from the target tournament to get their money back.

So it stops people playing sats for cash, unless they have already satellited in. A sensible thing to do. imo
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Haysie,

James who would normally deal with this kind of thing is off ill and I have only just been made aware of the issue on Friday evening with the semi being cancelled. I would ask that you speak to customer care about an issue such as this in the future. Haysie I have refunded the satellite amount to your account. 
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Haysie, James who would normally deal with this kind of thing is off ill and I have only just been made aware of the issue on Friday evening with the semi being cancelled. I would ask that you speak to customer care about an issue such as this in the future. Haysie I have refunded the satellite amount to your account. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Was the money not refunded when the satellite was cancelled?

It was unclear when I tried to check, so I assumed it was. However if that is not the case, then all below need refunds:

There is an argument, as it was dubiously cancelled that the 4 players concerned should receive

£1,060 divided by 4 = £265, but I will address this with customer care and see how we go.

Cheers,

G

Information

Tournament ID: 31235455

Status
    Cancelled
    Start Date/Time
    21:45
    Current Prize Pool
    £424
    Buyin + Fee
    £106 + £9
    Description
    2 SEATS GUARANTEED. 1 in 5 win a seat into the £25,000 UKOPS 40 HIGH ROLLER on April 17th! 1 seat paid for every £530 in the prize pool. 10 minute blinds, late registration open for 1 hour.

Chip Stacks

Starting
    Largest
    Smallest
    Average

Rebuys and Addons

Rebuys
    none
    Addons
    none

Players

Players Remaining: 4 / 4

Player NameChipsRankPrize

StayOrGo3000  
    MattBates3000  
    HAYSIE3000  
    DustoLucko3000 

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Hi Haysie, it is clearly set to 9.15pm to stop people registering, then playing a feeder sat, then un-registering from the target tournament to get their money back. So it stops people playing sats for cash, unless they have already satellited in. A sensible thing to do. imo
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Ok thanks, I dont really understand the reasoning, but thats not super important. It is just something I have not been aware of before. This is obviously not the case with many of the sats that are available for entry in the lobby hours beforehand. For instance the high roller semi at 9.45pm tonight is available to enter now
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Haysie, James who would normally deal with this kind of thing is off ill and I have only just been made aware of the issue on Friday evening with the semi being cancelled. I would ask that you speak to customer care about an issue such as this in the future. Haysie I have refunded the satellite amount to your account. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam,
    Firstly could you explain how Sky can cancel a tournament that has two guaranteed seats?
    Secondly, why is it my responsibility to contact customer services when you (Sky) cancelled the tourney?
    Thirdly, how much was the refund?

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Was the money not refunded when the satellite was cancelled? It was unclear when I tried to check, so I assumed it was. However if that is not the case, then all below need refunds: There is an argument, as it was dubiously cancelled that the 4 players concerned should receive £1,060 divided by 4 = £265, but I will address this with customer care and see how we go. Cheers, G UKOPS 40 £25K High Roller Semi Tournament Overview Blinds & Prize Structure Tables & Players Information Tournament ID:   31235455 Status Cancelled Start Date/Time 21:45 Current Prize Pool £424 Buyin + Fee £106 + £9 Description 2 SEATS GUARANTEED. 1 in 5 win a seat into the £25,000 UKOPS 40 HIGH ROLLER on April 17th! 1 seat paid for every £530 in the prize pool. 10 minute blinds, late registration open for 1 hour. Chip Stacks Starting Largest Smallest Average Rebuys and Addons Rebuys none Addons none Players Players Remaining: 4 / 4 Player Name Chips Rank Prize         StayOrGo 3000     MattBates 3000     HAYSIE 3000     DustoLucko 3000  
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Anybody like yourself that directly bought in were refunded automatically. Anybody that won a seat through a satellite wasn't. I will investigate why this was the case but I assume it is to do with the poker system not seeing a buy in amount for satellite winners.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Hi Sam, Firstly could you explain how Sky can cancel a tournament that has two guaranteed seats? Secondly, why is it my responsibility to contact customer services when you (Sky) cancelled the tourney? Thirdly, how much was the refund?
    Posted by HAYSIE
    All tournaments on the site have a minimum number of runners. We use the feature to protect ourselves from overlay and players having the ability to just shove all in first hand in order to maximise value. Of course we understand why players do this but you can appreciate it is not in our interest to just let this happen.

It shouldn't have been your responsibility to contact customer care but as I have mentioned, James who would ordinarily pick this up is off work for a period of time ill. In his absence I am picking up all the stuff he would be doing and you can appreciate UKOPS is just about our busiest week. If you do feel you are due a refend then customer care is the best place to go. Tikay will help on here but he has no access to the back end so could not check who was refunded and who wasn't.

The refund was for £115.

Sam

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : All tournaments on the site have a minimum number of runners. We use the feature to protect ourselves from overlay and players having the ability to just shove all in first hand in order to maximise value. Of course we understand why players do this but you can appreciate it is not in our interest to just let this happen. It shouldn't have been your responsibility to contact customer care but as I have mentioned, James who would ordinarily pick this up is off work for a period of time ill. In his absence I am picking up all the stuff he would be doing and you can appreciate UKOPS is just about our busiest week. If you do feel you are due a refend then customer care is the best place to go. Tikay will help on here but he has no access to the back end so could not check who was refunded and who wasn't. The refund was for £115. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam,
    I think you are completely missing the point. It is completely untrue to say that all tournaments on the site have a minimum number of runners. Graham sent in screen shots of the tourney in question and they are displayed on his post above. Sky chose to cancel this tourney with 4 runners registered, despite the fact that 2 seats to the final were GUARANTEED. Doing this ruled out any opportunity for late registrants, and probably broke the law. I am saying this because you offered the opportunity to buy into a tourney with 2 seats GUARANTEED, then at the very last minute failed to do so. I dont think it is legally possible to run tournaments with a guarantee and a minimum number of runners. You cannot say a tournament has a guarantee subject to a minimum number of runners entering, because that is not a GUARANTEE. A GUARANTEE cant logically be subject to anything. There were 4 entries and a prizepool of £1060. The four runners should therefore take an equal share of this prizeppol.
    The 6pm high roller semi tonight had 39 runners and 10 seats guaranteed. You needed 50 runners to cover this guarantee, yet you didnt cancel it, and gave away the 10 seats.
    The most important bit of this is that when you guarantee a number of seats, I believe that it gives the players confidence that they have a good shot at qualifying, and helps to increase entries. If you start reneging on your guarantees, it may have the opposite effect.
    Oxford English definition below

GUARANTEE

SYNONYMS

promise, assurance, word, word of honour, pledge, vow, oath, bond, commitment

• Provide a formal assurance, especially that certain conditions will be fulfilled relating to a product, service, or transaction.

• edited April 2017
    I have to disagree with you here Haysie.

Every site I know has guarantees, but they DO have a minimum runner caveat.

The only problems for me, were that the minimum runner criteria was not known by the players, as in this instance it was not displayed in the description field, and obviously those who satellited in, were not refunded correctly.

However it was nice to see that the Super High Roller Semi TONIGHT did indeed specify that 5 runners was the minimum requirement.

Well done Sky for correcting it this time around.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Anybody like yourself that directly bought in were refunded automatically. Anybody that won a seat through a satellite wasn't. I will investigate why this was the case but I assume it is to do with the poker system not seeing a buy in amount for satellite winners.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Yes that makes sense.

I could be pedantic and suggest that the four of us should get a split of the prize pool as the min runners wasn't displayed, but this has gone on long enough, and from my perspective, at least, the matter is closed.

You have clearly acted on comments made by having it in the description field this time around, which is all I was asking for really.

Just to have the transparency to know what the cancellation criteria was.

Thanks again,

Graham
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Yes that makes sense. I could be pedantic and suggest that the four of us should get a split of the prize pool as the min runners wasn't displayed, but this has gone on long enough, and from my perspective, at least, the matter is closed. You have clearly acted on comments made by having it in the description field this time around, which is all I was asking for really. Just to have the transparency to know what the cancellation criteria was. Thanks again, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    What is absolutely crystal clear to me is that you can have a guarantee or a minimum runners condition, you certaily cant have both.
    Sky is attempting to have the penny and the bun.
    Where you have a guarantee and a minimum runners condition and cancel the tournament, then the guarantee did not really exist in the first place.