You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

high roller sat

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat:
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : I think Rose qualified.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Roseeee did indeed qualify from the All-in sat though she had already entered the tournament. When the tournament (HR SEMI) was cancelled there were 3 entrants...... Roseee, Kushti (who had qualified from a £12.50 satellite that I played in) and Spider25. Prior to the All-in sat. that Roseeee won, there had been 5 entrants in the semi, but 2 people cancelled immediately after the All-in sat.....obviously only playing the All-in sat. for the cash, which happens a lot, but could be easily stopped by having the All-in satellites after the target tournament has started, therefore ensuring the people playing in the All-in's, actually do want to play in the tournament itself.
    I can't understand why SKY haven't changed the criteria or the wording in the lobby, for the High Roller semi to go ahead, considering this thread has been going since the last semi was cancelled. I used to get annoyed too when a satellite said that there was 'x' number of seats GUARANTEED, only for the tournament to be cancelled. I can understand that SKY don't want to suffer with huge overlay issues but surely all SKY has to do is stipulate there is 1 seat GUARANTEED for up to 5 entrants, and 1 in 5 thereafter, (which is what HAYSIE said), and I know is on a lot of the other satellite tournaments on the site. How difficult is that? There is nothing more annoying than building yourself up to play in a tournament only for it to be cancelled because SKY deem there to be too few entrants, especially when there is 60minutes of late reg. for more people to join. 
    If I had qualified from the £12.50 satellite into the High Roller semi, even though I assume I would have got the £115 entry fee for winning my place, when the semi was cancelled, I would have been somewhat disappointed because being a small stakes player, the only way I can get into the High Roller itself is by satelliting in, and if these opportunities are taken away, how am I, and other similar people, going to be able to get into the High Roller tournaments? I know it's probably strange psychology, but if I had got the £115 entry fee refunded on the cancellation of the tournament, I couldn't bring myself to spend it on another semi.
    Please can you just sort this out SKY_SAM in SKY_JAMES's absence....we ALL love the site really you know.

• edited April 2017
    If the tourny got cancelled without just cause then the 4 players should be put into next stage. 

This and similar issues have been ongoing since i joined over 2 years ago. Sky have informed in past that t&c states gtd seats criteria is gtd seats plus 1 player unless otherwise stated.

I appreciate forum is not customer care but for poker players there is no cc. If you phoned cc with this issue it would be passed onto poker department for reply at a later time. 

The real issue is not enough players. Fix that and the rest is irrelavant.

• edited April 2017
    Once again I can only apologise for not making the criteria for this satellite clear. James would ordinarily pick this up and unfortunately he is still ill. The rest of us have been busy with the day to day running of UKOPS.

I can confirm all 3 qualifiers for this satellite have had full refunds.

Sam
  • edited April 2017
    Once again I can only apologise for not making the criteria for this satellite clear. James would ordinarily pick this up and unfortunately he is still ill. The rest of us have been busy with the day to day running of UKOPS. I can confirm all 3 qualifiers for this satellite have had full refunds. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    That information is not strictly true as kimpet qualified in the 9.05 quarter which didnt finish until 9.48. So ridiculously I was heads up with kimpet for one seat when the semi was already cancelled.
    If you were looking for 5 runners you surely would have got a late registration. In fact I might well have late registered after failing in the quarter.

• edited April 2017
    Once again I can only apologise for not making the criteria for this satellite clear. James would ordinarily pick this up and unfortunately he is still ill. The rest of us have been busy with the day to day running of UKOPS. I can confirm all 3 qualifiers for this satellite have had full refunds. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Part of problem thoigh is it not? That you are only given the power to appologise when in fact, once this was brought to Sky HO attention, action not words were needes.

We make mess ups all the time at work and is my job to coach those department managers to stop happening again and compensate/ put right those involved.

A company as large as sky where a few £ means nothing as will be put back into the company anyway, should of appologised, refunded and as token of goodwill, honoured the prize pool then made 100% sure min numbers stated so all clear.

Instead you have high profile regs who normally support the game arguing and making just muddying the rep.of sky. We all know sky has tech issilues, annoying thing for all is hoe often it repeats.

The non auto refunding is a huge problem. Surely the money captyred from this and shutting down collusion people could be used to compensate people in these situations
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Part of problem thoigh is it not? That you are only given the power to appologise when in fact, once this was brought to Sky HO attention, action not words were needes. We make mess ups all the time at work and is my job to coach those department managers to stop happening again and compensate/ put right those involved. A company as large as sky where a few £ means nothing as will be put back into the company anyway, should of appologised, refunded and as token of goodwill, honoured the prize pool then made 100% sure min numbers stated so all clear. Instead you have high profile regs who normally support the game arguing and making just muddying the rep.of sky. We all know sky has tech issilues, annoying thing for all is hoe often it repeats. The non auto refunding is a huge problem. Surely the money captyred from this and shutting down collusion people could be used to compensate people in these situations
    Posted by Nuggy962

Give this man a job at Sky HQ, he is clearly overqualified for it.

If Nuggy can't save Sky poker then no-one can.

• edited April 2017
    Hope Sky_James has a speedy recovery back to full health btw, that point seems to have been lost amongst the trivial posts from the usual suspects.

• edited April 2017
    If the tourny got cancelled without just cause then the 4 players should be put into next stage.  This and similar issues have been ongoing since i joined over 2 years ago. Sky have informed in past that t&c states gtd seats criteria is gtd seats plus 1 player unless otherwise stated. I appreciate forum is not customer care but for poker players there is no cc. If you phoned cc with this issue it would be passed onto poker department for reply at a later time.  The real issue is not enough players. Fix that and the rest is irrelavant.
    Posted by CxE1
    One of the issues is not enough players and too many sats. You have sats for the daily UKOPS tournreys, the UKOPS high roller, and both Vegas packages.
    Not enough entries and too many broken guarantees.
  • edited April 2017
    Hope Sky_James has a speedy recovery back to full health btw, that point seems to have been lost amongst the trivial posts from the usual suspects.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1 Hope you are feeling well soon James!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Give this man a job at Sky HQ, he is clearly overqualified for it. If Nuggy can't save Sky poker then no-one can.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Is about time you gave me the credit I deserve.

Pretty busy at present though but thanks for the big up., more than happy to offer customer service advise. Seen countless managers forget to do this basic thing well. Rest looks after itself if give customer what they want. Do have to admit thoigh, IT not my bag, my IT team are great but.... well I can just about log onto a computer.... no use getting me involved in anything.

Thanks Sir Harry
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : One of the issues is not enough players and too many sats. You have sats for the daily UKOPS tournreys, the UKOPS high roller, and both Vegas packages. Not enough entries and too many broken guarantees.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Surely if there ISNT a minimum number of players reqd then we must presume that the game will run with at least 2 runners ?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Surely if there ISNT a minimum number of players reqd then we must presume that the game will run with at least 2 runners ?
    Posted by happipatti
    Obvious to anyone with common sense.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Obvious to anyone with common sense.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Nice to see Tikay back to full fitness, and his p...taking best. Anyone who read his day two UKOPS blog will not need an explanation of why my solicitor has been instructed. He had the audacity to mention me in the same sentence that he made reference to the fact that nothing is guaranteed in poker. Unbelievable the amount of front that man has got. If I was having a dig I might have added, especially not high roller satellite seats.
    He will be in touch shortly.

• edited April 2017
    It looks very poor to everyone that the refunds for sats that don't run is not automatic. I don't know of another site that has this issue; either the money is returned or it is converted into tournament funds. 

The minimum number of players needs to be visible, ideally in the lobby but if not then the buyin confirmation screen.

This comes down to liquidity, and it has a simple fix. Get enough players in at the bottom rung of the ladder. Do this by penny rebuys into the micro sats or poker points freerolls. You can then ensure that the next stage has the minimum number of runners, plus regs will be more inclined to play these sats as they will be populated by freeroll players who will be deemed as value. Plenty of ways you can seed these freerolls, earn XYZ pokerpoints, random ticket drops.

• edited April 2017
    It looks very poor to everyone that the refunds for sats that don't run is not automatic. I don't know of another site that has this issue; either the money is returned or it is converted into tournament funds.  The minimum number of players needs to be visible, ideally in the lobby but if not then the buyin confirmation screen. This comes down to liquidity, and it has a simple fix. Get enough players in at the bottom rung of the ladder. Do this by penny rebuys into the micro sats or poker points freerolls. You can then ensure that the next stage has the minimum number of runners, plus regs will be more inclined to play these sats as they will be populated by freeroll players who will be deemed as value. Plenty of ways you can seed these freerolls, earn XYZ pokerpoints, random ticket drops.
    Posted by scotty77
    There is a principle here, and Sky should wish to operate with transparency and integrity.
    Sky keep cancelling the semis for the high rioller day after day. Does this mean it will be a struggle to meet the guarantee for the final? Should the the semis have been run every couple of days, not daily?
    There is a saying that if you wake up tomorrow and repeat exactly what you have done today expecting a different result, you are an idiot?
  • edited April 2017
    I note that this thread has been running for 5 days now
  • edited April 2017
    I note that this thread has been running for 5 days now
    Posted by Jac35
    The semi that was cancelled that started this off was on the 7th.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : There is a principle here, and Sky should wish to operate with transparency and integrity. Sky keep cancelling the semis for the high rioller day after day. Does this mean it will be a struggle to meet the guarantee for the final? Should the the semis have been run every couple of days, not daily? There is a saying that if you wake up tomorrow and repeat exactly what you have done today expecting a different result, you are an idiot?
    Posted by HAYSIE

tap in, if anyone was so inclined :-)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : There is a principle here, and Sky should wish to operate with transparency and integrity. Sky keep cancelling the semis for the high rioller day after day. Does this mean it will be a struggle to meet the guarantee for the final? Should the the semis have been run every couple of days, not daily? There is a saying that if you wake up tomorrow and repeat exactly what you have done today expecting a different result, you are an idiot?
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Haha brill love this! 

Seen a other guy have same problem of winning a seat then gets cancelled and no refund, just told to contact CC for it. This is a huge problem and seems like no one cares enough to fix it, instead people are getting ripped off left right and centre
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Haha brill love this!  Seen a other guy have same problem of winning a seat then gets cancelled and no refund, just told to contact CC for it. This is a huge problem and seems like no one cares enough to fix it, instead people are getting ripped off left right and centre
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Who is being ripped off?
    Who?, other than customer care do you suggest people contact? It could be handy for future reference 
    From what I can gather everyone has been refunded when the sat hasn't run

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Haha brill love this!  Seen a other guy have same problem of winning a seat then gets cancelled and no refund, just told to contact CC for it. This is a huge problem and seems like no one cares enough to fix it, instead people are getting ripped off left right and centre
    Posted by Nuggy962

2 horse race between you and Haysie for the most moronic comment.

You lead by a head but I'm sure Haysie and his ''solicitor'' will come flying back.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Who is being ripped off? From what I can gather everyone has been refunded when the sat hasn't run
    Posted by Jac35
    Sadly not sir

Have a read through. Scotty post sums up

Cheers 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : 2 horse race between you and Haysie for the most moronic comment. You lead by a head but I'm sure Haysie and his ''solicitor'' will come flying back.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Be sure to put that on my door at Sky HQ mate

Cheers 

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Nice to see Tikay back to full fitness, and his p...taking best. Anyone who read his day two UKOPS blog will not need an explanation of why my solicitor has been instructed. He had the audacity to mention me in the same sentence that he made reference to the fact that nothing is guaranteed in poker. Unbelievable the amount of front that man has got. If I was having a dig I might have added, especially not high roller satellite seats. He will be in touch shortly.
    Posted by HAYSIE

This is a joke right?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : 2 horse race between you and Haysie for the most moronic comment. You lead by a head but I'm sure Haysie and his ''solicitor'' will come flying back.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Not sure which of mine you consider moronic?

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Not sure which of mine you consider moronic?
    Posted by HAYSIE
    They are deflecting from issue as both know they can not defend it so trying derail. Is cute 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : They are deflecting from issue as both know they can not defend it so trying derail. Is cute 
    Posted by Nuggy962

Defend what? I think we all agree that if there is a minimum number of runners required, then this number should be stated in the lobby or the MTT description. I think most of them state it, obv a few have been overlooked. And sat refunds not being automatic isn't ideal but there is CC to help and you'll always get back whatever money is owed. Sky_James being off sick coupled with the start of UKOPs has not eased things there end I'm guessing.

When people start mentioning solicitors and ''getting ripped off left right and centre'', well it's pretty embarrassing no? I'm assuming you won't be playing on a site again that rips people off from all angles?

Edit...I see you've played a game already today on Sky, yet they ''rip people off''. Strange that you'd give them your business when there are so many alternatives.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Haysie, James who would normally deal with this kind of thing is off ill and I have only just been made aware of the issue on Friday evening with the semi being cancelled. I would ask that you speak to customer care about an issue such as this in the future. Haysie I have refunded the satellite amount to your account. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Despite repeated reference to customer care, their absolute silence is amazing.
    I wish James all the best and hope he has a swift recovery.
    In my early days of sales management, I took a two week holiday, and my team had a disaster in my absence. On my return my boss pointed out that the disaster may be comforting to me showing that I had been missed.
    However, he made the point that, a really good manager takes steps to have measures in place to have the operation running as well when he is not there , as it does when he is there.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : This is a joke right?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Do you really think it is possibly anything other than tongue in cheek?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Despite repeated reference to customer care, their absolute silence is amazing. I wish James all the best and hope he has a swift recovery. In my early days of sales management, I took a two week holiday, and my team had a disaster in my absence. On my return my boss pointed out that the disaster may be comforting to me showing that I had been missed. However, he made the point that, a really good manager takes steps to have measures in place to have the operation running as well when he is not there , as it does when he is there.
    Posted by HAYSIE

I hope Sky Sam/James get their solicitors involved for this not so subtle slight on their character and ability to work.