You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

high roller sat

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat:
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : This is a joke right?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Me and Tikay have a long history of threats of legal action.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Defend what? I think we all agree that if there is a minimum number of runners required, then this number should be stated in the lobby or the MTT description. I think most of them state it, obv a few have been overlooked. And sat refunds not being automatic isn't ideal but there is CC to help and you'll always get back whatever money is owed. Sky_James being off sick coupled with the start of UKOPs has not eased things there end I'm guessing. When people start mentioning solicitors and ''getting ripped off left right and centre'', well it's pretty embarrassing no? I'm assuming you won't be playing on a site again that rips people off from all angles? Edit...I see you've played a game already today on Sky, yet they ''rip people off''. Strange that you'd give them your business when there are so many alternatives.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hard to get ripped off HU

Is, as most will agree, shocking that people are still not auto refunded regardless of way got into the feeder Sat. I have not been ripped off or inconvenienced by any of the sky issues.

I think played two sat's for the LV stuff and lost both early so effects ne little or none. What is frustrating as a long term player here, is the same things arise over and over and unless you are a forum reader or know about CC amd how they operate, players (customers) are winning seats worth £ and not being given mo ey back automatically unless kick up a fuss, which is fundamentally wrong. 

My point is, Sky, like any forward thinking business, need to enpower its employees so they can deal with these issues without all the red tape. I have Zero clue how the poker and site software works, do  not pretend too, but what i do know is that if want to avoid these 5 days every man and his dog chucking there thoughts and allergations into the public domain, then they have to be quicker and more robust at resolving customers issues that are ongoing. If i was a new player, won what i thought was a shot at getting to bext level of a dream trip, geared up and got the evening off parenting duties etc only to find cancelled for no obvious reason and not even given my £ back.... then to read the forum threads about how ways happens... feel ripped off and cheated. 

If, however, I had a message pop up when i logged in appologising was cancelled and reasons for it and that had been given my winning £'s - pointing me to the lobby where says min numbers needed i would be more than ok with that. Disappointed and put off trying again maybe, but matter would be closed there. 

As said before, if people at sky were empowered to make decisions they could of given all concerned in OP the prizepool money, a sorry and then stated min numbers for rest and boomio job done. 5 days of everyones life saved. I get sickness... but a business needs to operste still and a plan in place to cover for it. One man should not be so key that if off sick it all crumbles when not around for a few days. 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Defend what? I think we all agree that if there is a minimum number of runners required, then this number should be stated in the lobby or the MTT description. I think most of them state it, obv a few have been overlooked. And sat refunds not being automatic isn't ideal but there is CC to help and you'll always get back whatever money is owed. Sky_James being off sick coupled with the start of UKOPs has not eased things there end I'm guessing. When people start mentioning solicitors and ''getting ripped off left right and centre'', well it's pretty embarrassing no? I'm assuming you won't be playing on a site again that rips people off from all angles? Edit...I see you've played a game already today on Sky, yet they ''rip people off''. Strange that you'd give them your business when there are so many alternatives.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    To be clear, whatever my thoughts about what has gone on, and the way Sky has dealt with everthing, I dont believe that anyone has purposely not been refunded.
    However, whether the refund of the stake is enough, rather than the distribution of the prize pool including the guarantee ia another matter.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Hard to get ripped off HU Is, as most will agree, shocking that people are still not auto refunded regardless of way got into the feeder Sat. I have not been ripped off or inconvenienced by any of the sky issues. I think played two sat's for the LV stuff and lost both early so effects ne little or none. What is frustrating as a long term player here, is the same things arise over and over and unless you are a forum reader or know about CC amd how they operate, players (customers) are winning seats worth £ and not being given mo ey back automatically unless kick up a fuss, which is fundamentally wrong.  My point is, Sky, like any forward thinking business, need to enpower its employees so they can deal with these issues without all the red tape. I have Zero clue how the poker and site software works, do  not pretend too, but what i do know is that if want to avoid these 5 days every man and his dog chucking there thoughts and allergations into the public domain, then they have to be quicker and more robust at resolving customers issues that are ongoing. If i was a new player, won what i thought was a shot at getting to bext level of a dream trip, geared up and got the evening off parenting duties etc only to find cancelled for no obvious reason and not even given my £ back.... then to read the forum threads about how ways happens... feel ripped off and cheated.  If, however, I had a message pop up when i logged in appologising was cancelled and reasons for it and that had been given my winning £'s - pointing me to the lobby where says min numbers needed i would be more than ok with that. Disappointed and put off trying again maybe, but matter would be closed there.  As said before, if people at sky were empowered to make decisions they could of given all concerned in OP the prizepool money, a sorry and then stated min numbers for rest and boomio job done. 5 days of everyones life saved. I get sickness... but a business needs to operste still and a plan in place to cover for it. One man should not be so key that if off sick it all crumbles when not around for a few days. 
    Posted by Nuggy962

I rest my case.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : I hope Sky Sam/James get their solicitors involved for this not so subtle slight on their character and ability to work.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : I rest my case.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Is it your solicitor saying that or just you? Obviously it would carry more weight if it was your solicitor. Just out of interest what case did you have?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Is it your solicitor saying that or just you? Obviously it would carry more weight if it was your solicitor. Just out of interest what case did you have?
    Posted by HAYSIE

My solicitor has advised me not to reply to that.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : My solicitor has advised me not to reply to that.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Quite right too.

• edited April 2017
    Good morning all.
    I have also instructed my solicitor to ask Sky Poker to change back the time of the £2.20 @ 2.15 Deepstack,
    to 2.20 or i will have them up in court.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.

• edited April 2017
    If you look out the Window ....... the sun is shinning.  Don't feed Solicitors they get fat.?
  • edited April 2017
    Good morning all. I have also instructed my solicitor to ask Sky Poker to change back the time of the £2.20 @ 2.15 Deepstack, to 2.20 or i will have them up in court. All the best. Rainman215.  
    Posted by rainman215
    Try to get them to do a no win no fee.

• edited April 2017
    If you look out the Window ....... the sun is shinning.  Don't feed Solicitors they get fat.?
    Posted by goldon

I hope the sun is wearing shin pads in that case.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : I hope the sun is wearing shin pads in that case.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

My bad.......... Teachers fault. ( back to me Mancave )
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Do you really think it is possibly anything other than tongue in cheek?
    Posted by HAYSIE

Apologies Haysie, I'm hungover and my humour/sarcasm radar is a little off this morning.

My tool radar is functioning just fine though :)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Apologies Haysie, I'm hungover and my humour/sarcasm radar is a little off this morning. My tool radar is functioning just fine though :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    They beat you up ....... another lost cause.!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Apologies Haysie, I'm hungover and my humour/sarcasm radar is a little off this morning. My tool radar is functioning just fine though :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    No probs.

• edited April 2017
    Good morning all. I have also instructed my solicitor to ask Sky Poker to change back the time of the £2.20 @ 2.15 Deepstack, to 2.20 or i will have them up in court. All the best. Rainman215.  
    Posted by rainman215
    I think you'd be able to justify crowd funding to help with the cost of that!   I'll happily donate to such a worthy cause :)
  • edited April 2017
    Good afternoon Rose.
    Just spoke to my SOLICITOR, about crowd funding, and he said i am not your solicitor, i am your Psychiatrist.
    He said i have a obessive compulsion disorder.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 (2.15) DEEPSTACK YET.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Me and Tikay have a long history of threats of legal action.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    What I should have said, with accuracy in mind, is that I have a long history of threatenig Tikay with legal action, and  that he has a long history of raising his middle finger in response.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : What I should have said, with accuracy in mind, is that I have a long history of threatenig Tikay with legal action, and  that he has a long history of raising his middle finger in response.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    My solicitor has guaranteed me a seven figure settlement after reading his UKOPS blogs. Whoopee. I think I will book a holiday.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : My solicitor has guaranteed me a seven figure settlement after reading his UKOPS blogs. Whoopee. I think I will book a holiday.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    Where to ? .............LAS VEGAS ?

I hear there's some reprobates out there in July
  • edited April 2017
    James is sick...What a preposterous argument by a big organisation.  The fix to the issue requires a laptop for a minute. 

Lets say he is sick. How sick is he. I know when i have man flu im literally on deaths door but even that does not prevent me from using my laptop. Guys could be in bed with broken legs and arms and it still wouldnt stop them from having some personal time on a laptop. 

Lets say he is too sick, is there no one at sky who can find a whole minute to go onto a laptop.

It would have taken less time to fix issue than make replies on here.

Sky seem to be using the same pr team as united airlines.
  • edited April 2017
    I think the concerning thing is that it is probable that refunds have not been made (to those who qualified by a feeder), when a sat has been cancelled.

I am sure this has happened to lots of people (myself included), and hasn't been noticed/corrected.

Do Sky have an audit trail that enables them to look for where these scenarios have happened in the past, and refund players accordingly?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Haysie, James who would normally deal with this kind of thing is off ill and I have only just been made aware of the issue on Friday evening with the semi being cancelled. I would ask that you speak to customer care about an issue such as this in the future. Haysie I have refunded the satellite amount to your account. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam,
    Are all your customer care people sick as well?

• edited April 2017
    I think the concerning thing is that it is probable that refunds have not been made (to those who qualified by a feeder), when a sat has been cancelled. I am sure this has happened to lots of people (myself included), and hasn't been noticed/corrected. Do Sky have an audit trail that enables them to look for where these scenarios have happened in the past, and refund players accordingly? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Some sort of reply to this in due course would be appreciated. It has been acknowledged that an error has been made which has been to Sky's advantage/customers' detriment. Seems imperative that it be established how long this has been happening and people reimbursed appropriately. I (like G) have always assumed that such refunds had been made to my account.

I don't think it unreasonable to be reassured that either this has not happened previously or that some sort of checks are ongoing.

PS-although both fat and a Solicitor, not acting for Haysie :)
  • edited April 2017
    So as you've gathered you don't get automatically refunded if you have satellited into another satellite that gets cancelled due to not reaching the minimum runners. This is actually quite a rare occurance and I'd like to say is aways noticed the next working day and the players are refunded. With me being off last week we weren't as fast at refunding players as usual. I can assure you that even if players don't flag their refunds to customer care or on the forum we are checking every day to see if there were any cancellations. Cheers
  • edited April 2017
    So as you've gathered you don't get automatically refunded if you have satellited into another satellite that gets cancelled due to not reaching the minimum runners. This is actually quite a rare occurance and I'd like to say is aways noticed the next working day and the players are refunded. With me being off last week we weren't as fast at refunding players as usual. I can assure you that even if players don't flag their refunds to customer care or on the forum we are checking every day to see if there were any cancellations. Cheers
    Posted by Sky__James

Could you please explain how it is possible to have a number of seats guaranteed and a minimum number of runners?

Do you look upon guaranteed prize money in a different way to guaranteed seats?

There was some moaning last week over cancelled sats with no minimum number of runners stipulated.

But in general if you have 2 seats guaranteed and cancel the sat, then the guarantee was a lie. I dont therefore believe it is possible to have the both, surely it is either a guarantee or a minimum number of runners.
    Is it not misleading people who enter a quarter final after noting that there are 2 seats guaranteed in the semi, to then not honour the 2 seats in the semi.

In all the time that I have played on Sky I have not seen you once not pay out the guaranteed prizepool in a tournament. So if a tourney is guaranteed at 10k. You have always paid out the 10k. Even when you have completely ignored seasonal trends, for instance Valentines day, you are massively short of runners, and have offered the usual guarantee. You have still paid the guaranteed prizepool out, despite the massive overlay.
    Yet you seem to be able to cancel sats with guaranteed seats at a whim. You cancelled a semi last week, with no minimum runner stipulation while I was still playing the quarter.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Some sort of reply to this in due course would be appreciated. It has been acknowledged that an error has been made which has been to Sky's advantage/customers' detriment. Seems imperative that it be established how long this has been happening and people reimbursed appropriately. I (like G) have always assumed that such refunds had been made to my account. I don't think it unreasonable to be reassured that either this has not happened previously or that some sort of checks are ongoing. PS-although both fat and a Solicitor, not acting for Haysie :)
    Posted by Essexphil
    Thats handy to know as a back up.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : Could you please explain how it is possible to have a number of seats guaranteed and a minimum number of runners? Do you look upon guaranteed prize money in a different way to guaranteed seats? There was some moaning last week over cancelled sats with no minimum number of runners stipulated. But in general if you have 2 seats guaranteed and cancel the sat, then the guarantee was a lie. I dont therefore believe it is possible to have the both, surely it is either a guarantee or a minimum number of runners. Is it not misleading people who enter a quarter final after noting that there are 2 seats guaranteed in the semi, to then not honour the 2 seats in the semi. In all the time that I have played on Sky I have not seen you once not pay out the guaranteed prizepool in a tournament. So if a tourney is guaranteed at 10k. You have always paid out the 10k. Even when you have completely ignored seasonal trends, for instance Valentines day, you are massively short of runners, and have offered the usual guarantee. You have still paid the guaranteed prizepool out, despite the massive overlay. Yet you seem to be able to cancel sats with guaranteed seats at a whim. You cancelled a semi last week, with no minimum runner stipulation while I was still playing the quarter.
    Posted by HAYSIE

There are minimum number of players in all games. It is rare that a normal game with a guarantee doesn't run but this still can happen even if you havent seen it happen.
    Often sats dont run due to insufficient players. Sats are not cancelled at a whim, they are cancelled when the minimum numbers of players isn't met. The issue is the template for sats not including the minimum number of players required. This is the misleading part and I am sure will be corrected going forward.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: high roller sat : There are minimum number of players in all games. It is rare that a normal game with a guarantee doesn't run but this still can happen even if you havent seen it happen. Often sats dont run due to insufficient players. Sats are not cancelled at a whim, they are cancelled when the minimum numbers of players isn't met. The issue is the template for sats not including the minimum number of players required. This is the misleading part and I am sure will be corrected going forward.
    Posted by MattBates
    With all due respect, I am not sure if you now work for Sky, or if not what actually qualifies you to answer my questions. I, along with many other players ask questions on the forum with a view to getting replies from the appropriate Sky person. I think you have been very helpful answering about how to get hold of customer services and the like, but the above questions were clearly directed at James.
    Just for clarity, there are a minimum number of runners stipulated in some games and not others. What I was saying about guaranteed prize money is that never in my experience have Sky said that due to a lack of runners they are reducing the prize pool of an mtt. Never ever.
    I am not concerned with any old sats being cancelled, only sats with guaranteed seats. For instance could you get any more ridiculous than cancelling a semi when a quarter is still going on. To say that sats often dont run due to insufficient players (and are therefore cancelled) in one breath and sats are not cancelled at a whim in the next makes little sense. Your issue is clearly not my issue, and I really dont need you to tell me what my issue is.
    You also seem to contradict yourself when you say on the one hand there are a minimum number of players in all games and then the issue is the template for sats not including the minimum number of players required. Therefore there is not a minimum number of players in all games.
    I am sure you meant well Matt, but I feel your comments are more confusing than helpful.
    My issue surrounds the word guarantee, what that means to me, and what it appears to mean to Sky.