You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Favourite Films

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Favourite Films:
    willy wonka,toy story and the great escape
    Posted by namesb0nd
    The original I presume (great film!), not that dreadful remake?

• edited November 2009
    Die Hard
    Die Hard 2
    Die Hard With A Vengeance
    Die Hard 4.0
  • edited November 2009
    All Time - Once upon a time in the west - Morricones score, Henry Fonda playing a baddy, and Robards and Bronson, adding a little bit of humour the the story.

Past  - Nightmare before Christmas

Even Paster - Harvey with Jimmy Stewart, any film that has a six foot invisible rabbit in it gets my vote

Even Paster than the previous one - Goodbye Mr Chips - witg Robert Donat, One of the few films that can make this 40 + male cry evey time I watch it.

Modern - Perfume - Portrait of a Murderer - Weird, bizarre and confusing but imaginative without reliance upon special effects
  • edited November 2009

Con Air

Shawshank Redemption

Scarface

All Rockys

White Chicks
    Wedding Crashers
    When Saturday Comes
    The Condemned
    See No Evil Hear No Evil

• edited November 2009
    Con Air Shawshank Redemption Scarface All Rockys White Chicks Wedding Crashers When Saturday Comes The Condemned See No Evil Hear No Evil
    Posted by webby234
    Shaddap! Nobody likes Rocky V! lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Favourite Films : Shaddap! Nobody likes Rocky V! lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Tommy 'the machine' Gunn. Lets put some hustle into this muscle.

Sly Stallone should quit making new Rocky & Rambo films, he's ruined my old box sets.
  • edited November 2009

LIFE OF BRIAN
    MCVICAR
    USUAL SUSPECTS
    FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF

AND NOSEYBONK IS RIGHT DIDNT SEE THE LAST ROCKY BUT 1,2,3 GREAT 4 A BIT IFFY 5 TOTAL ****

• edited November 2009
    SORRY CANT BELIEVE THAT NOBODY ME INCLUDED HAS MENTIONED FULL METAL JACKET.

"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMB NUTS"
  • edited November 2009
    Glaring omission from peoples favs is that there are no foreign language movies. If you can put up with subtitles and since we are on a gambling site i would highly highly recommend Intacto. Lots of people like action but no one has mentioned Hard Boiled starring Chow Yun Fat or any of the great Hong Kong movies By John Woo and Chow Yun Fat
  • edited November 2009
    Glaring omission from peoples favs is that there are no foreign language movies. If you can put up with subtitles and since we are on a gambling site i would highly highly recommend Intacto. Lots of people like action but no one has mentioned Hard Boiled starring Chow Yun Fat or any of the great Hong Kong movies By John Woo and Chow Yun Fat
    Posted by wartic
    Oh I have some favourites! Those old Japanese Godzilla films ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    Anyone seen this gem? It looks ... amazing ... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

Does star Debbie Gibson though - yes, THE Debbie Gibson from the 80's!
  • edited November 2009
    Past - blade runner
    Present - Terminator 2
    All time favourite - Zulu and Tombstone
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by wartic
    I recommend City of God if you can put up with subtitles.
  • edited November 2009
    SORRY CANT BELIEVE THAT NOBODY ME INCLUDED HAS MENTIONED FULL METAL JACKET. "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMB NUTS"
    Posted by BADBOY985
    "Sir, it's a jelly doughnut sir"
  • edited November 2009
    Full Metal Jacket is brilliant, so much great dialogue from Mr Mental.
  • edited November 2009
    my fav films  blade  films
  • edited November 2009
    Eric bana puts in a real quality performance in "Chopper". I highly recommend this film to anyone that hasnt seen it!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Loved alot of the early Jackie Chan films
  • edited November 2009
    SOME FAV, ARE - THE USUAL SUSPECTS
                          - KAISER SOUZA
                          - PLATOON
                          - OUT OF AFRICA

IF YOU LIKED , SILENCE OF THE LAMBS , THEN I RECOMMEND WATCHING  ... MANHUNTER ... NOW THAT IS SCARY
  • edited November 2009
    Zulu

all time is Deer Hunter
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Favourite Films : I recommend City of God if you can put up with subtitles.
    Posted by Quagmire72

Pan's Labyrinth is also a great film that also gets overlooked because of subtitles
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Favourite Films : Pan's Labyrinth is also a great film that also gets overlooked because of subtitles
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    I have the Bluray but still haven't watched it. Have to admit it was the subtitles that initially put me off (since I only discovered it was sub'd after I ordered it!). But that's not the ONLY reason.. I have to be in the right mood for a film otherwise I get twitchy and want to do something else like listen to music or play poker etc :-) I still have Gran Turino to watch too!

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Favourite Films : I have the Bluray but still haven't watched it. Have to admit it was the subtitles that initially put me off (since I only discovered it was sub'd after I ordered it!). But that's not the ONLY reason.. I have to be in the right mood for a film otherwise I get twitchy and want to do something else like listen to music or play poker etc :-) I still have Gran Turino to watch too!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    GRAN TURINO IS VERY GOOD
  • edited November 2009
    Gran torino is a good film, clint eastwood puts in a typically strong performance, but i thought a lot of the supporting cast was a bit weak. 

Another great film from a few years ago is Sexy Beast, always worth a watching...
  • edited November 2009
    past - goodfellas

present - Stepbrother's

all time - Godfather trilogy 
  • edited November 2009
    hi wayne

What a laugh stepbrothers is.  In fact, most of will ferrells efforts are to be enjoyed.  And if i'm not very much mistaken, step brothers is now showing on sky premier. 
  • edited November 2009
    hi wayne What a laugh stepbrothers is.  In fact, most of will ferrells efforts are to be enjoyed.  And if i'm not very much mistaken, step brothers is now showing on sky premier. 
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Ferrell & Reilly are class in this.

"I teabagged your drum set"
  • edited November 2009
    THERE IS REALLY NO ARGUMENT AB ABOUT THE BEST FILM IT HAS TO BE THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION AN ALL TIME CLASSIC
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by wartic
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING THESE ARE TERRIBLE FILMS YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO TASTE IN FILMS
  • edited November 2009
    Oldies

Grease
    Zulu
    Poseidon Adventure
    wizard of Oz
    Towering Inferno
    Carry Ons
    Charlie and the chocolate factory
    Trains Planes and Automobiles
    AirPlane
    Police Academy