You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017:
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : Was Isabel's on it not placed 3rd Mickey?
    Posted by Snuffer
    apology it did and was doing all only placed second due to less than 7runners 
    I'll amend once in from work. in phone atm

• edited April 2017
    I have updated my total. I make it:

JACKPOT TOTAL:    35 PTS

PLACEPOT TOTAL:  - 5PTS

I HAD ONE WINNER AND FOUR PLACED HORSES

May I suggest that one person checks my figures and in return, I will check theirs. Please could everyone pick a "partner" to do this with. Any scoring questions let me know.

So who is going to check mine?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017:
    I have updated my total. I make it: JACKPOT TOTAL:    35 PTS PLACEPOT TOTAL:   - 5PTS I HAD ONE WINNER AND FOUR PLACED HORSES May I suggest that one person checks my figures and in return, I will check theirs. Please could everyone pick a "partner" to do this with. Any scoring questions let me know. So who is going to check mine? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    i'll do yours now graham
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : i'll do yours now graham
    Posted by mkgunner
    OK cool, just reply to my post once verified.

Can I also ask people to highlight negative points in RED please.

I'll do yours,

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    1.50 6 Akhlaag 15/2  jp 4pts pp 4pts 1.50 4 castleacre 9-1  jp 4 pts pp 4pts 2.25 3 castle harbour 13/2  jp 5pts  pp 5pts 2.25 mix and mingle 13/2  jp -5pts  pp -5pts 3.00 1 aeolus 8-1  jp 4ptd  pp 4pts 3.00 3 ornate 6-1  jp 3pts  pp -8pts   3.35 7 war decree 2-1  jp 5pts  pp 5pts 3.35 5 larchmont lad 5-1 jp 5pts  pp 5pts 4.10 7 spinnaka 4-1  jp 5pts  pp -5pts 4.10 2 isabel's on it 5/2 jp 5pts  pp -5pts 4.45 9 pealer 8-1  jp 5pts pp 5pts 4.45 3 daawy 9-1  jp 5pts  pp 5pts jackpot 45 pts  placepot  14pts
    Posted by mkgunner
    Sorry to be blunt, but there are so many errors on this one, please be mindful to use figures from the LATEST column to allocate your points.

Errors spotted so far:

Aklaaq, latest price was 9/1 to 3pts not 4

Castleacre, latest price was 8/1 to 3pts not 4

Mix And Mingle latest price 11/2 so -6pts not -5

There are other horses that are incorrect to, please re-do and I will check again.

If there is anything that is unclear re the scoring system please let me know.

With so many errors here, you may have not understood the scoring system, so please also check past scores.

Many thanks,

Graham

• edited April 2017
    I have updated my total. I make it: JACKPOT TOTAL:    35 PTS PLACEPOT TOTAL:   - 5PTS I HAD ONE WINNER AND FOUR PLACED HORSES May I suggest that one person checks my figures and in return, I will check theirs. Please could everyone pick a "partner" to do this with. Any scoring questions let me know. So who is going to check mine? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    hi graham by sp i have u on jackpot 37 pts placepot -4

castleacre (6-1) 4pts 4pts
    akhlaak (13/2) 4pts 4pts

accession (9-1) 3pts 3pts

ornate (9-1) 3pts -8pts

spinnaka (9/2) 5pts -5pts

daawy (9/2) 5pts 5pts
    globetrotter (14-1) 2pts 2pts
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : Sorry to be blunt, but there are so many errors on this one, please be mindful to use figures from the LATEST column to allocate your points. Errors spotted so far: Aklaaq, latest price was 9/1 to 3pts not 4 Castleacre, latest price was 8/1 to 3pts not 4 Mix And Mingle latest price 11/2 so -6pts not -5
    Posted by StayOrGo
    used starting prices by sporting life resuls
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : hi graham by sp i have u on jackpot 37 pts placepot -4 castleacre (6-1) 4pts 4pts akhlaak (13/2) 4pts 4pts accession (9-1) 3pts 3pts ornate (9-1) 3pts -8pts spinnaka (9/2) 5pts -5pts daawy (9/2) 5pts 5pts globetrotter (14-1) 2pts 2pts
    Posted by mkgunner
    We are NOT doing it by SP, for reasons well discussed.

We use the info just before the off of the first race as that will be our reality.

I stress again, please use odds from the LATEST COLUMN on the spreadsheet on the opening post.

Cheers
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : We are NOT doing it by SP, for reasons well discussed. We use the info just before the off of the first race as that will be our reality.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    oh ok,i'll do mine again,been out most of the day so just checked results on sporting life and done them by the them,soz
  • edited April 2017
    Here is an example of the open post as per the spreadsheet:
    1.50PM - 6F EX 01 – MEDICI BANCHIERE 2 10/1 25/1 25/1 16/1
    1.50PM - 6F EX 02 – TOMMY TAYLOR 6 9/1 16/1 8/1 8/1 3RD
    1.50PM - 6F EX 03 – HILARIO 3 5/1 6/1 6/1 11/2
    1.50PM - 6F EX 04 – CASTLEACRE 1 5/1 9/1 9/1 8/1
    1.50PM - 6F EX 05 – OREWA 9 10/1 16/1 18/1 18/1
    1.50PM - 6F EX 06 – AKHLAAQ 5 6/1 8/1 9/1 9/1
    1.50PM - 6F EX 07 – RICH AND FAMOUS 8 8/1 8/1 13/2 13/2 2ND
    1.50PM - 6F EX 08 – STORM CRY 4 13/2 12/1 11/1 9/1
    1.50PM - 6F EX 09 – VICTORY ANGEL 7 9/2 2/1 5/2 5/2 1ST
    The LATEST COLUMN shows CASTLACRE as 8/1 and AKHLAAQ as 9/1, hence 3pts each.

END
  • edited April 2017
    I have had some Lucentis treatment to my eyes this morning,so sight not very good and sore at the moment,so have had to resort to my lucky pin to pick out the losers(so they will all probably win) Newmarket 1.50 03 Hilario 6/1  pp +4        06 Akhlaaq 8/1 JP +3  PP +3 2.25 03 Castle Harbour 13/2  +5        05 Mix And Mingle 8/1      -6 3.00 01 Aeolus 8/1 +4        04 Tasleet 13/2  NR 3.35 03 Eminent 15/2  -8        05 Larchmount Lad 5/1 +5 4.10 02 Isabel's On It 5/2 -5        07 Spinnaka 4/1  -6 4.45 04 Globe Trotter 8/1        11 Tamleek 9/2              
    Posted by wynne1938

I have stopped updating the points on my removal selections as I am a bit confused by the different tables published, did not know which list to follow one published by stay and go and the other later by Mickey.
    My selections were based on stay and go list published yesterday at 5.50 as I was not in today.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : oh ok,i'll do mine again,been out most of the day so just checked results on sporting life and done them by the them,soz
    Posted by mkgunner
    Yes sorry to my grumpy reply, I apologise, it's just I have stressed, several times, the reason for using these prices.

That will be the latest information that was known to us a the time of the bet placement, and as such is the most relevant.

Make sense?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : I have stopped updating the points on my removal selections as I am a bit confused by the different tables published, did not know which list to follow one published by stay and go and the other later by Mickey. My selections were based on stay and go list published yesterday at 5.50 as I was not in today.
    Posted by wynne1938

OK, maybe I haven't been clear.

The price used is from MY spreadsheet on the opening post of this thread.

The price is taken from the LATEST column on the right side.

So using the odds in the LATEST column from the OPENING POST spreadsheet, you apply the following rules:

JACKPOT POINTS:

Successfully remove a 5/1 shot or less (5 points)
    Successfully remove a 11/2 to 15/2 shot (4 points)
    Successfully remove a 8/1 to 11/1 shot (3 points)
    Successfully remove an 12/1 shot or bigger (2 points)

If your removal wins at 12/1 or bigger (minus 10 points)
    If your removal wins at 8/1 to 11/1    (minus 8 points)
    If your removal wins at 11/2 to 15/2   (minus 6 points)
    If your removal wins at 5/1 or less     (minus 5 points)

The price used to determine the points will be that in "THE LATEST" column, as this is the best info available at the time the JACKPOT/PLACEPOT is placed.

PLACEPOT:

Successfully remove a 5/1 shot or less (5 points)
    Successfully remove a 11/2 to 15/2 shot (4 points)
    Successfully remove a 8/1 to 11/1 shot (3 points)
    Successfully remove an 12/1 shot or bigger (2 points)

If your removal wins or is placed  at 12/1 or bigger (minus 10 points)
    If your removal wins or is placed at 8/1 to 11/1    (minus 8 points)
    If your removal wins or is placed at 11/2 to 15/2   (minus 6 points)
    If your removal wins or is placed at 5/1 or less     (minus 5 points)

The price used to determine the points will be that in "THE LATEST" column, as this is the best info available at the time the JACKPOT/PLACEPOT is placed.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    OK, the reason I am a little frustrated is that the amount of time and thought I have put into this is immense.

I seriously believe that it is not only a bit of fun, but how successful we are with this process, will have HUGE consequences on any potential success with the JACKPOT and potentially the SCOOP 6 if we have funds to attempt that.

I have very good reason for the nature of the point scoring system and the removal process.

The selections that ACTUALLY do get removed when we go for it for real will be immensely important. I can't stress this enough.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Having said the above, I should have been more patient, as the process and scoring system, whilst clear in my mind, may not be so in others.

So I do apologise. If there is still any confusion, please do ask me to clarify.

I promise not to BARK with my responses any more :=)
  • edited April 2017

Hi G,

Yes can create spreadsheet.

R
  • edited April 2017
    no probs graham,i have yours down as spot on m8,i re done mine and hope they are right,jackpot 38pts placepot10pts
  • edited April 2017
    What happens if one of your removal selections ia a NR?
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 :   Hi G,   Yes can create spreadsheet.   R
    Posted by zadoc
    That's great, thanks Roger.

I am almost certain it will be Newbury, but if not, Ayr.

There's a lot of runners, so probably best to make sure first.

Thanks again,

G
  • edited April 2017
    What happens if one of your removal selections ia a NR?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi Wynne.

It carries zero points and it isn't counted as a selection.

If you spot a non runner before the off of the first race, you can amend it, but basically it's zero points and the selection doesn't count towards your "average" score.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    i'll have a go at this removers lark to go                                                         jackpot                               placepot 1.50 Akhleeq                                                  3pts                                  3pts  Castle acre                                                    3pts                                  3pts 2.25  Mix and Mingle                                              -6pts                                   -6pts  Castle harbour                                              5pts                                     5pts 3.00 Kassia                                                        4pts                                        4pts  Aeolus                                                      4pts                                         4pts 3.35      Benbati                                                        4pts                                         4pts   Rivet                                                        5pts                                        -5pts 4.10 Spinaka                                               4pts                                       -6pts  Tomtris                                                      -5pts                                        -5pts 4.45 Daawy                                             3pts                                            3pts  Tamleek                                                    -5pts                                          -5pts
    Posted by vaigret
    I make mine jackpot plus 19 pts and placepot -1 pts
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, I am checking MKGUNNER'S scores and visa versa, if people can pair up and verify their "partner's" score, that would be great.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    newbury is tomorrows jackpot
  • edited April 2017
    newbury is tomorrows jackpot
    Posted by mkgunner
    Great thx MK.

Can I be a pain and ask you to amend your original individual scores so I can check easier. Your initial post on the first page of this thread is still showing the old points.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : Great thx MK. Can I be a pain and ask you to amend your original individual scores so I can check easier. Your initial post is still showing the old points. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    no probs ill do it now

• edited April 2017
    To make things easier for people re scoring their points, I have added the results to the opening post spreadsheet.

They are on the far right column.

You now have all the data you need in one place

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : I make mine jackpot plus 19 pts and placepot -1 pts
    Posted by vaigret

Hi Vaigret.

I have just had a quick glance at your original post, and all seems correct (via a glancing eye only).

Good job following the process! Going forward can you also put your over all scores at the bottom of your original post.

Some tricky races for us all today.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    I'll be home soon and check mine plus do the others not checked.
    the reason I never posted my odds until the latest was selected was to make it easier for me to check my points.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: PLACEPOT AND JACKPOT REMOVERS NEWMARKET THURS 20TH APRIL 2017 : Great thx MK. Can I be a pain and ask you to amend your original individual scores so I can check easier. Your initial post on the first page of this thread is still showing the old points. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    done,if still wrong i blame playing poker watching darts counting numbers and missus yapping doing my nut in at the same time is hard work