You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!

edited March 2010 in The Shed
This may be completely lost with some of our users but for a proportion (of a certain age) this could be hours of fun....

What you have to do

Give me the names of ex Premiership football players (in a tribute to all those Merlin premier league sticker albums i know you used to collect!)

The more random and obscure the better...

The Rules

Every post must contain a player's name (or you are out of the game)
If you duplicate someone else's post you are out of the game
The winner will be the last man (or women) left standing

here are a few to start you all of....

Jan Aage Fjortoft (remember when Swindon where in the premier league)

Bryan Roy (N.Forest)

Uwe Rosler (Man City)

is this Mega fun time or what??!!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'll get in quickly, Ruel Fox!
  • edited July 2009
    Brian Deane, played for Sheffield united and scored the first ever goal in the premiership.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!:
    This may be completely lost with some of our users but for a proportion (of a certain age) this could be hours of fun.... What you have to do Give me the names of ex Premiership football players (in a tribute to all those Merlin premier league sticker albums i know you use to collect!) The more random and obscure the better... The Rules If you duplicate someone else's post you are out of the game. The winner will be the last man (or women) left standing here are a few to start you all of.... Jan Aage Fjortoft (remember when Swindon where in the premier league) Bryan Roy (N.Forest) Uwe Rosler (Man City) is this Mega fun time or what??!!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    peter beardsley
  • edited July 2009
    Jason Dozzell - only remember him cos his name is only one letter removed from mine!!
  • edited July 2009
    Peter Ndlovu - Coventry City
  • edited July 2009
    Fabristio Ravenelli - middlesbrough
  • edited July 2009
    i just cant help my self....

Eyal Berkovic

i love this kind of stuff
  • edited July 2009
    chris waddle - The mighty SWFC!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!:
    chris waddle - The mighty SWFC!
    Posted by hurst05
    Get in! Come on the Owls!

Gilles De Bilde
  • edited July 2009
    Darrius Vassell
  • edited July 2009
    Darrius Vassell
    Posted by dowzer
    hardly an 'ex' player ;) i'm sure he is still knocking around somewhere, even though that may only be the man city changing room - cleaning tevez's boots! Come on guys lets try and get obscure....

here is my last one of the day i promise....

staying on the sheff wed theme.... Petter Rudi

over and out.
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!:
    This may be completely lost with some of our users but for a proportion (of a certain age) this could be hours of fun.... What you have to do Give me the names of ex Premiership football players (in a tribute to all those Merlin premier league sticker albums i know you use to collect!) The more random and obscure the better... The Rules Every post must contain a player's name (or you are out of the game) If you duplicate someone else's post you are out of the game The winner will be the last man (or women) left standing here are a few to start you all of.... Jan Aage Fjortoft (remember when Swindon where in the premier league) Bryan Roy (N.Forest) Uwe Rosler (Man City) is this Mega fun time or what??!!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Ah yes what a legend im a swindon fan :-)

o yeh ummm jimmy floyd hasselbank.... p.s rich do some work instead of sitting on the forums all day :-D
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!! : hardly an 'ex' player ;) i'm sure he is still knocking around somewhere, even though that may only be the man city changing room - cleaning tevez's boots! Come on guys lets try and get obscure.... here is my last one of the day i promise.... staying on the sheff wed theme.... Petter Rudi over and out.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    According to Wikipedia he is playing in Turkey - that is obscure and he is ex Premiership :P

P.S. But yes I forgot about the ex bit and just went for an obscure sounding name opnly to be saved by him playing abroad!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!! : According to Wikipedia he is playing in Turkey - that is obscure and he is ex Premiership :P
    Posted by dowzer
    Your post didnt have a players name in it, ha ha ur out :P

*Cough* Peter Schimichael
  • edited July 2009
    CARLTON PALMER
  • edited July 2009
    Russel Beardsmore
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009

Andreas Andersson - (another) newcastle flop

• edited July 2009
    In Response to The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!! : Ah yes what a legend im a swindon fan :-)  o yeh ummm jimmy floyd hasselbank.... p.s rich do some work instead of sitting on the forums all day :-D
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Believe it or not, this is actually my job! ... just so i don't get knocked out....

(staying on the ex newcastle flop theme) - Daniel Cordone
  • edited July 2009
    Neville Southall
  • edited July 2009
    stephane guivarc'h
  • edited July 2009
    stephane guivarc'h
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Brilliant  diablo_pez -  best post so far!

Efan Ekoku

• edited July 2009
    Paoulo wanchope (west ham derby man city)
  • edited July 2009
    This is the new best one rich ready ALI DIA for those who can't remember he claimed to be george weah's cousin he joined southampton he came on as a sub and was subbed 10 minutes or so later as he was utter sh ite hahaha gg souness.Come on rich im leading now surley edit just realised he wouldn't have made sticker album dam n it.
  • edited July 2009
    This is the new best one rich ready ALI DIA for those who can't remember he claimed to be george weah's cousin he joined southampton he came on as a sub and was subbed 10 minutes or so later as he was utter sh ite hahaha gg souness.Come on rich im leading now surley edit just realised he wouldn't have made sticker album dam n it.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    ha, that is a great post.

Richard Edghill (man city)

• edited July 2009
    My trip down memory lane is

Temuri Ketsbaia

the Georgian fella with no hair who played for Newcastle from 1997-2000 and would celebrate scoring goals like a complete pyschopath by running up to the advertising hoardings and kicking the XXXX out of them.

And for proper Premiership obscurity, how about

Mario Jardel

Once a fearsome Brazilian striker who'd won 2 European Golden Boot awards, Jardel was snapped up for next to nothing to play for...Bolton.

How on earth had Sam Allardyce pulled off such a coup?

Well, it might have had something to do with the fact that Jardel now weighed about 42 stone. He turned up to to pre-season training as a big, fat knacker and after a handful of appearances to the supportive strains of "who ate all the pies" was never seen again...
  • edited July 2009
    My nostalgia tip is Temuri Ketsbaia the Georgian fella with no hair who played for Newcastle from 1997-2000 and would celebrate scoring goals like a complete pyschopath by running up to the advertising hoardings and kicking the XXXX out of them. And for proper Premiership obscurity, how about Mario Jardel Once a fearsome Brazilian striker who'd won 2 European Golden Boot awards, Jardel was snapped up for next to nothing to play for...Bolton. How on earth had Sam Allardyce pulled off such a coup? Well, it might have had something to do with the fact that Jardel now weighed about 42 stone. He turned up to to pre-sesaon training as a big, fat knacker and after a handful of appearances to the supportive strains of "who ate of all the pies" was never seen again...
    Posted by RichOrford
    Haha that jardel comment rich quality he was never decent he only looked good cos he played in a pis s easy league even scottish football is a higher standard ;-)
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    Georgi kinkladze (man city)  
    Florin radacaiuo Quality romanian striker joined my team went shopping at harrods instead of playing mighty stockport in carling cup 
    Marco boogers Again my team sent off for two footed tackle on g.neville on his debut went to live in a caravan in holland never to be seen again. 
    Slaven bilic Quality defender our best cb since bobby moore at the time. 
    Paulo futre former european player of year joined my team had a sulk when he wanted number 10 shirt which moncur held at the time he wouldnt sign contract until he got that number 10 he let moncur stay in his villa in portugal in ex-change for the precious number 10 THAT IS A TRUE STORY.