You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!

12346»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Sadly Rich (because of relegation) got to a few games in the Midlands this season. Definate highlight was at Scunthorpe when Mike As***y came within an Inch of being lynched.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The Merlin Swap Shop Game!!!:
    Brian Pinas - Newcastle United Can't find a picture of this guy in a Newcastle shirt, only played a handful of games for the club.  On his arrival at Newcastle in 1998, Pinas was ridiculed by The Sun newspaper with regards to his surname's closeness to pen!s.  The editorial joked that if Pinas was ever addressed by a referee, it would be the first time that a referee had been sent off for using foul language. Top quality journalism there from the nation's favourite paper!
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Quality PMSL
  • edited January 2010
    Out of personal memory/anguish, gonna put together a Newcastle Team of Flops that on reflection could make Grown Men Laugh AND Cry. Out of Interest Will check the transfer Fees later........ KEEPER- Dave Beasant. Bought on the strength of Wimbledons Cup Win. RB - Warren Barton. Heaps of Desire, Couldn`t defend a Toilet Door though. CB - Sid the Sexist. See previous. Cost us about £500k a game. CB - Laurent Charvet. Liked to play Football out of Defence. Regularly showed us it was a Bad Idea to do so. LB - Allesandro Pistone. Had the Fight of a Lion. Sadly, one that was asleep. RM - Georgios Georgiadis (think thats his name) Drifted in but Mostly out of Games. CM - Hugo Viana. Looked like a Football Player. Had the force of a Bag of Skips. LM - Silvio Maric. Sorry Sir Bobby. STR - Andreas Anderson. A lasting memory was when he missed an open goal, by falling over a yard out. STR - Duncan Ferguson. Big Presence, Chocolate Ankles. STR - Jon Dahl Tommason. Should have been good for 30 goals. Was good for about 30 Minutes. Pick the bones out of that lot Rich....LOL
    Posted by emilyegg

what about an all-time XI?
  • edited January 2010
    No problem Rich...Here Goes

GK - Pavel Srnicek - Sorry Shay, Pavel IS a Geordie

RB - Barry Venison - Good Engine, Cracking Hairdo as well
    CB - Phillipe Albert - Different Class...and scored "that" goal
    CB - Sid...only joking...Steven Taylor - Bit to learn but can go on to be a "legend"
    LB - Jose Enrique - Best player at the club (imo)

RM - Kieron Dyer - If that lad could have avoided injuries, he would have been better than Beckham.
    CM - Peter Beardsley - Magician.
    CM - Rob Lee - Keegan said it, NUFC`s best pound-for-pound signing.
    LM - Gary Speed - Wish he was 5 years Younger when we signed him.

STR - Sir Les of Ferdinandshire - Enough Said.
    STR - Alan Shearer - We wont see his likes again. "Proper Legend"

Will have KK as gaffer of this team and apologies to the vast (if under achieving) talent I have had to leave out, especially in midfield.
  • edited January 2010
    some good shouts there.

a few of my favs/ possibilities for the subs bench...

ollie bernard

David Ginola

Solano

Ruel Fox

Keith Gillespie
  • edited January 2010
    i do love a good 'wide-man'
  • edited January 2010
    Can`t argue with any of those subs Rich. But now Its doing my brains in trying to find details or footage of that open goal that Big Andy Andersson missed....lol.....An appeal, someone MUST remember it. I can remember him wearing the number 39 (I think) shirt and looking like He-Man, then falling over the ball when it looked harder to do so.
  • edited January 2010
    Can`t argue with any of those subs Rich. But now Its doing my brains in trying to find details or footage of that open goal that Big Andy Andersson missed....lol.....An appeal, someone MUST remember it. I can remember him wearing the number 39 (I think) shirt and looking like He-Man, then falling over the ball when it looked harder to do so.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Someone Please Help, It was Proper Chuckle Brothers Material.
  • edited January 2010
    i had a quick look but couldn't find it.... sorry!
  • edited January 2010
    My weekend is in bits now, before its started....LOL
    I am certain we had the pleasure of witnessing him for just the one season.
    I might try and trawl through the match reports for that spectacular season to find it.

• edited January 2010
    Out of personal memory/anguish, gonna put together a Newcastle Team of Flops that on reflection could make Grown Men Laugh AND Cry. Out of Interest Will check the transfer Fees later........ KEEPER- Dave Beasant. Bought on the strength of Wimbledons Cup Win. RB - Warren Barton. Heaps of Desire, Couldn`t defend a Toilet Door though. CB - Sid the Sexist. See previous. Cost us about £500k a game. CB - Laurent Charvet. Liked to play Football out of Defence. Regularly showed us it was a Bad Idea to do so. LB - Allesandro Pistone. Had the Fight of a Lion. Sadly, one that was asleep. RM - Georgios Georgiadis (think thats his name) Drifted in but Mostly out of Games. CM - Hugo Viana. Looked like a Football Player. Had the force of a Bag of Skips. LM - Silvio Maric. Sorry Sir Bobby. STR - Andreas Anderson. A lasting memory was when he missed an open goal, by falling over a yard out. STR - Duncan Ferguson. Big Presence, Chocolate Ankles. STR - Jon Dahl Tommason. Should have been good for 30 goals. Was good for about 30 Minutes. Pick the bones out of that lot Rich....LOL
    Posted by emilyegg
    Had a look at the transfer fees that I could find for these.....lordy

Dave Beasant £750k (a then british record for a keeper)

Warren Barton £4m (a then british record for a defender)
    Sid the Sexist £6.7m (the pain goes on)
    Laurent Charvet £750k (we was done guv)
    Alessandro Pistone £4.3m (would be expensive if it was lira)

Georgios Georgiadis £420k (fair price tbh)
    Hugo Viana £8.5m (we love you Mr Newcastle chairman, please come again)
    Silvio Maric **cant find this fee** but sure it was the neck-end of £10m

Big Andy Andersson **cant find this fee** I think it was £3m (a snip of a price considering)
    Duncan Ferguson **cant find this fee** Sure there wasn`t much change from £7m though
    Jon Dahl Tomasson **cant find this fee** For the sake of my weekend PLEASE be a free-transfer.

• edited February 2010
    Andres D'Alessandro - Portsmouth and Argentina winger/attacking midfielder.

D'Alessandro joined Portsmouth on loan in 2006 and played 13 games, scoring an absolute peach melba against Charlton and played a big part in Pompey's survival that season.

Known as El Cabezón ("The Potato Headed") for how large his big head looks on his small frame rather than any ego connotations, he emerged through the River Plate youth system that has produced much of Argentina's top talent over the years.

• edited February 2010
    Sieb Dijkstra - QPR goalkeeper

Sieb made only 11 appearances for QPR during 1994-96 because he was deemed to be a bit gash but he did go on to carve out a decent career in Scotland and gained a scottish cup winners medal. Says it all really.

• edited February 2010
    Richard Edghill - Man city

i always had about 15 duplications of this man.

[opens another pack]

"darn, another Richard Edghill! and i really wanted that Liverpool shiny!"
  • edited February 2010
    Richard Edghill - Man city i always had about 15 duplications of this man. [opens another pack] "darn, another Richard Edghill! and i really wanted that Liverpool shiny!"
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Need, need, need, got, got, need, got, got, got. I'll swap you a Richard Edghill, Uwe Rosler, Dion Dublin, David James and Stig Bjornebye for that Charlton Athletic shiny.
  • edited February 2010
    Cmon the Owls Mel Zico Sterland