You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

£1000 - £2000 or bust.

edited August 2017 in Betting Chat
i did something similar to this before and failed, but looking back i was far overly agressive in terms of BR management. Also picking bets for the sake of it most days...

So it will be a fairly simple task of turning 1k into 2k, i wont be setting any sort of time limit for it, i will use a points based system so 1pt = £10, and will be betting between 0.5pts and 5 points depending how much i like the bet. if i drop to £500 then i will halve my stakes.

i wont post every single bet i have on here, but only bets that i post in here prior to an event starting will count towards this challenge.

It will mainly be football and golf bets, although i may include some Snooker, Tennis and Horse racing along the way. 

I would say 75% of bets will be ones ive found myself, and 25% will be tips that i like the look of myself. 

if anyone has any questions, advice, abuse etc feel free to get involved. 

so here we go starting balance £1000

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Good Luck young man
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    First thing first will be the U.S open.

my bets are as follows

2pt ew Fowler 22/1
    1pt ew DJ 7/1
    1pt ew Garcia 25/1
    1pt ew Thomas 33/1
    1pt ew Hatton 125/1
    1pt ew Jaeger 500/1

so that a decent chunk already, but there is great each way value in the majors so im happy to have 6 punts. i may have a few in-play bets on the exchange but wont include any of them in this challenge. 

Current Bankroll £860

• Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    all the best mate 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The very best of luck!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    GL J!

P.S. Great run of poker results on Sky btw. :=)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Cheers guys.. 1 bet I have had today. 

1pt ew Get Knotted. 2.20 at York

another bet i had yesterday which hasnt become live yet...

1pt ew Ingvartsen top scorer in the under 21 euros 66/1 

The golf isnt looking too bad, 3 players still in with a chance of winning and a 500/1 shot still in with an outside chance of placing.

Current bankroll £820
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    GL Jordz.

I might follow you and try and turn £10 into £20 :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    1pt on Samedov to score 2 or more for Russia at 25/1

certainly not a tip, just a saturday afternoon bet, but he has a very decent goalscoring record and New zealand shouldnt have too much to offer from what i have seen of them before

Current Bankroll £810
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Spains under 21 line up looks insane tonight, and Skybet have boosted Sandro to 4/1 to score 2 or more (as shorts as 2/1 with other sites) i really like this bet so will be going 4pts

Current Bankroll £770
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Shoulda just whacked the £1k on City to win the league next season, you'd be sat on £3k this time next year.

I think we'll walk it, even without Zabaleta :(
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    5-0 win and the striker cant even notch one!! typical

I agree H i think its yours to lose providing your keeper doesnt turn out to be another Bravo

i love the fact we have signed Zaba, just the kind of attitude we need in our squad, i just it doesnt go the same way it has before when have signed ageing players on big money, Dyer, Ljungberg, Mccarthy etc, lets hope he turns out to be more of a Sheringham. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Pretty bad end to the golf for me, but my nap did place which gives me £108 back in the betting bankroll. 

Current Bankroll £878
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    1pt Baker to score first 9/1 with Skys price boost for Engalnd under 21s 

Current Bankroll £868
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    no luck but a good result for england

got a 4pt bet i love in the next match

Dagerstal to be carded 9/1... the other two sites that price this market have him at 11/4, hes a central defender and it should be an even game so it surely has to offer some value. 

Current Bankroll £828
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust.:
    no luck but a good result for england got a 4pt bet i love in the next match Dagerstal to be carded 9/1... the other two sites that price this market have him at 11/4, hes a central defender and it should be an even game so it surely has to offer some value.  Current Bankroll £828
    Posted by jordz16
    90th minute, left it late!

Had a few quid on it myself, cheers Jordz.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Finally a winner, and it was a late one, although with 10 yellow cards in that game im half surprised it didnt land sooner..

Current Bankroll £1228

• Options
    edited June 2017
    1 small bet on the horses today

1pt ew Ardhoomey 28/1 in the 3.40

Current Bankroll £1208
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    No luck in that race...

3 bets i like in the under 21 game at 5pm though...

Serbia are definitely the better team and Plavsic is 6/1 to score with Fred. hes a tricky winger but looks to have been given a more attacking role for this game and is roughly 3/1 with most other places so im having 4pts on that one.

2 pts each on Babunski 7/1 and Maksimovic 9/1 to be carded, purely because they are starting and id expect a feisty game so anyone over 5/1 cant be too bad value.

Current Bankroll £1128
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Another loser there but when backing at big odds it can be expected...

there seems to be a lot less value in the Spain v Portugal game but it really should be a great match..

im backing Neves to be carded at 7/2 just 2pts. 

also have done a 0.5pts bet on a sky requestabet, Deulofelu and Asesnsio to score, and neves to be carded at 40/1

Current Bankroll £1103
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    thats the main bet landed!

Current Bankroll £1193
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    just one bet on the racing for me

3.05 Heartache 6/1 2pts ew

Current Bankroll £1153
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Another winner Lovely, thats £190 into the kitty.

1 bet i like in the 4pm confederations cup match

Guerreiro 9/1 to be carded, again hes a defensive player and i believe this could be a feisty game so im happy to go with 4 points again.

Current Bankroll £1303
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    continuing the card betting

Rugani to be carded 9/1 2pts, hes a cb so the price is huge but italy should dominate the match so happy to reduce stakes 

Current Bankroll £1283
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    had 2 bets tonight. Both again in the card market, Germany and chile are two competitive sides. So I have gone for Ginter and hector at 7/1 and 8/1.. 2pts each 

Current bankroll £1243
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I cant see any big price winners at ascot today so gonna have 1pt on a 4fold acca

2.30 Alpha Centauri
    3.05 Crystal Ocean
    3.40 Harry Angel
    4.20 Winter

works out at 84/1 

Current Bankroll £1233
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Gabriel Jesus 40/1 to be player of the year next season (BV, PP)

Fill your boots :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Gabriel Jesus 40/1 to be player of the year next season (BV, PP) Fill your boots :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

not a bad shout, although given his age, if he has a great season he will probably end up with YPOTY, also will he have to share game time with Aguero? or will they stick him out wide to accomodate them both?

I had a bet on Mkhitaryan in that market last year, given it took him ages to settle i think the 40/1 on him this year is quite generous given hes one of, if not the, best attacking player in a top 4 side. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: £1000 - £2000 or bust. : not a bad shout, although given his age, if he has a great season he will probably end up with YPOTY, also will he have to share game time with Aguero? or will they stick him out wide to accomodate them both? I had a bet on Mkhitaryan in that market last year, given it took him ages to settle i think the 40/1 on him this year is quite generous given hes one of, if not the, best attacking player in a top 4 side. 
    Posted by jordz16

He'll get plenty of game time I think, sometimes with Aguero, sometimes up top by himself. Guy is way too talented to leave on the bench.

Granted about YPOTY but if he crushes the league, and he is more than good enough to do that, I don't see how they could overlook him for the top prize if he's the clear outstanding player of 17/18.

Price has been trimmed already on PP to 20s but I've just had £20 at 40/1 on BV so still live there....