You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Well luck has changed a bit.  Assume Mark has left the building!

Quick double up followed by a treble up puts me back in the game at 14k

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B:
    Well luck has changed a bit.  Assume Mark has left the building! Quick double up followed by a treble up puts me back in the game at 14k
    Posted by mattprawn
    Great stuff!

I was never there today otherwise I would have came by and said hi :-p

I am up at the Rio tomorrow, I don't think the range of my bokking abilities reach the Rio from here.

Hope the upward trend continues for you Matt, GL!
  • edited July 2017
    Well luck has changed a bit.  Assume Mark has left the building! Quick double up followed by a treble up puts me back in the game at 14k
    Posted by mattprawn
    Hi Accountant Bloke,

Are you still on the same table?
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B : Hi Accountant Bloke, Are you still on the same table?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, still battling on.
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B : Yes, still battling on.
    Posted by mattprawn
    LEDGEREND
  • edited July 2017

With blinds at 150-300;

MattPrawn - 16,000

RektSai - 3,900
  • edited July 2017

RektSai - who I must say is a perfectly splendid gentleman, very bright, bubbly & upbeat without being in any way overbearing, has the 2003 WSOP Main Event Champion Chris Moneymaker on his table.
  • edited July 2017

On the table adjacent Accountant Bloke, sits Will Kassouf, who late-regged after busting the Main today.

He has around 55,000, & is talking the table to death.

Will is very......

• edited July 2017
    Yoyo time this level. Been as low as 4K, back up to 14k as we hit end of level 6.
  • edited July 2017

Late in Level 7

Our two survivors in Day 1B are putting up a real good fight here.

Accountant Bloke was on fumes earlier, but has a comfortable 17,600 now.

RektSai was also in trouble, and his table had broken when I went looking so I feared the worst. However, I found him after a brief search & rescue, & he had 20,000 in front of him.

At that very moment, he opened to 1,250 (250-500), one geezer flatted then a shortie shoved for 8,000. We called & the peeler folded.

Our man was in bad shape with his A-10 v A-K & there was no help from the board, so he has 12,000 (20 Bigs) now. 

Blinds go 300-600/75 in 5 minutes, & there will be three x 1 hour levels left to play tonight.     
  • edited July 2017

It's a long day for these guys when they start at 3pm. No dinner break, & they play from 3pm until 02.20, taking just 4 x 20 minute breaks after levels 2, 4, 6 & 8.

It's the same for everyone, so I'm not saying it's unfair. Tough though to maintain a high level of concentration for so long, especially if you are gagging for a drink, or a wee.  

• edited July 2017
    Nice post by Supernova. Good luck to the other Sky players.

Thanks for the updates Tikay.

Ger
  • edited July 2017
    Getting tough now. Card dead and blinds ramping up. Down to 14k so need a cheeky double up soon!
  • edited July 2017

Last break of the day now in progress, then they play 2 more x 1 hour levels. 

Blinds now go 800-1,600/100.

• edited July 2017

MattPrawn came in to see me during the break & has 14,000, so time to do the Leif Force "gamble gamble".

RektSai has not reported in, but I don't think he knows where the Media Centre is, so I'll wander down & take a look in a bit.  

• edited July 2017
    Thank you very much for the updates Tikay, they are very much appreciated.

Best of luck to all Sky players - big day for Sky tomorrow!
  • edited July 2017

The Amazon Room & Brasilia Rooms have been reserved for the Main Event today, so the Little One Drop has been relegated to the Pavilion Room.

"Pavilion" shares the distinctions of being the biggest & by far the coldest of the 4 rooms in use. (Miranda, formerly the Poker Kitchen, is the 4th).

Worse still, it is the furthest from the Media Centre - I'd say its approximately 3 miles, & it's uphill both ways.   

• edited July 2017

Actually, upon reflection, it's slightly less than 3 miles. Call it 300 yards. Still a long way though.
  • edited July 2017

OK, 150 yards.
  • edited July 2017
    Thank you very much for the updates Tikay, they are very much appreciated. Best of luck to all Sky players - big day for Sky tomorrow!
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Thanks John.

You still getting the lot in DYM's?

I think that article you wrote all those years ago is partly responsible for the popularity of DYM's on Sky Poker.

Not everyone likes them though - did you see that really weird thread?, HERE

Very odd thread, almost making those who happen to enjoy DYM's have a guilty conscience.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice, & each to their own?

I think vegetables suck, but that does not mean they are bad.  
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B : Thanks John. You still getting the lot in DYM's? I think that article you wrote all those years ago is partly responsible for the popularity of DYM's on Sky Poker.   Not everyone likes them though - did you see that really weird thread?, HERE Very odd thread, almost making those who happen to enjoy DYM's have a guilty conscience. Whatever happened to freedom of choice, & each to their own? I think vegetables suck, but that does not mean they are bad.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks very much Tikay, I don't play anywhere near as much these days as had to get on with real life, unfortunately, such is the way :-)

You would know about that though, really glad to see you are in good health again mate.

Anyway, I'm hoping to pick it back up again, at least a little bit, all being well. Just easing myself in gently, as it were. I did see the thread, I agree it is quite odd. Perhaps sensibly, (unless I am misreading it), the second argument of the three in the original sentence was somewhat overlooked by the sensible out there.
  • edited July 2017

Hanging in there

Our two intrepid survivor in Day 1B of the Little One Drop are really putting up a fight.

Halfway through Level 9 (10 levels played today), both are still in there, giving their best.

MattPrawn - 13,600

RektSai - 16,000

Not exactly bossing the tables, but I'm sure if they got the run of cards we all need they could run very deep in this.

Only 17% of the Day 1A field survived, & the money bubble will go pop very early in Day 2 (Friday) imo. 

Great performance by both of them.   
  • edited July 2017
    The much needed double up arrived. Up to 33k as we enter the last level.
  • edited July 2017

Hi Teeks, any news on Irish Rose. Also, how many runners today.
      PS. Supernova is fine, enjoyed the golf and then had a visit to the Belaggio and finished up in a bar in Palazzo, another good night.

• edited July 2017
      Hi Teeks, any news on Irish Rose. Also, how many runners today.   PS. Supernova is fine, enjoyed the golf and then had a visit to the Belaggio and finished up in a bar in Palazzo, another good night.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Pommy.  rose played great but sadly went out around level 6.

I've just had an accident and run my flush into quads. Got away from it but cost me 10k so down to c21k. 
  • edited July 2017

Cheers Matt. Good luck m8. Sure you will be playing day 2.

• edited July 2017
    The much needed double up arrived. Up to 33k as we enter the last level.
    Posted by mattprawn
    OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

oioi

I say, oioi
  • edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B : Hi Pommy.  rose played great but sadly went out around level 6. I've just had an accident and run my flush into quads. Got away from it but cost me 10k so down to c21k. 
    Posted by mattprawn
    OFFICIAL CORRECTION

Poo.

I say, poo.

Money bubble will go very early on Day 2 IMO - good luck Matt.

• edited July 2017

And that, Ladies & Gentleman, is me done for the day.

It's close to 2am, & my batteries are as flat as a cat on a motorway.

Night all.   

• edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: WSOP Little One Drop Day 1B : OFFICIAL CORRECTION Poo. I say, poo. Money bubble will go very early on Day 2 IMO - good luck Matt.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Gonna need it. 10k left only. 30 mins to ply...