You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I just got.....again

edited March 2010 in Area 51
Im sick of losing to XXX hands. i was short stacked in a sit-n-go and push all in with JJ and got called with 53 suited, i hit trips on the flop but lost to a flush after the river. I cant believe that i have lost another game of poker to a s**t hand like this. I thought that i was just being paranoid but its happened to me too often now to be coincidence.

I've had so many beats on sky poker that are far worse than this tho, i even lost with four of a kind to a higher four of a kind when the odds of me losing were less than 1%. i'll give sky poker a chance as ive not been here that long but it seems to me that you lose far to often when you are clear favourite to win the hand. If this trend continues i may have to leave and go back to pkr.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I understand you frustration so please don't take any of my comments as a personal POP or derogitory to you in any way.....BUT................. (isn't there always one)

...... Being a favourite gives you a better chance of winning, not a divine right. This is true of all poker sites and i can honestly say i've had my gripes with this site but honesty would never be one of them. The cards ARE random, The game IS fair.

A few things you may want to consider:

1) We never remember the beats we hand out, only those you receive
    2) As above we soon forget the good run of cards holding up for us the minuate that we get outdrawn
    3) This is SKY, They could not afford to be caught up in a "Scam" case with their site as they have a reputation, and the Skybet, Skyvegas & Skybingo brands to protect.

Like i say, not a pop at you but out of ALL online sites i beleive that you are safe from being scammed playing at this one

• edited March 2010
    Hey,

just a quick note from me -

I'm sorry to hear about your bad beat but i have edited the title of this thread as it was unsuitable for this Community.

Thank you
  • edited March 2010
    as usaul acesover8s is spot on iv had my fair share of bad beats mainly on river you just got to get over it and conserntrate on the next hand ( if still in ) and remember what comes around goes around , i dont think you complain if it was yourself dishing it out>
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again:
    Hey, just a quick note from me - I'm sorry to hear about your bad beat but i have edited the title of this thread as it was unsuitable for this Community. Thank you
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sorry about the title. I was really annoyed earlier.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got raped again:
    Being a favourite gives you a better chance of winning, not a divine right.
    I never said that being favourite gives you a divine right to win, my point was that i feel that i am losing too often when favourite. I've had a look through my hand history and I have lost 6 of the last 10 hands when I have been clearfavourite, maybe ive just been really unlucky but it's annoying because i lost a lot of tourneys because of bad luck rather than bad play.
    iv had my fair share of bad beats mainly on river you just got to get over it and concentrate on the next hand ( if still in ) and remember what comes around goes around , i dont think you complain if it was yourself dishing it out
    Have you ever lost with four of a kind?? if not dont talk to me about bad beats you dont know the meaning of the word. Also in the examples I used i would not have dished out those bad beats as I would have folded on both occasions if i was in my opponents shoes, so yes I think i can complain as it was poor play by both players as they both had much weaker hands but just got incredibly lucky. 
  • edited March 2010
    I think you were unlucky and possibly the players you have been up against have made bad calls against you .....BUT (lol there it is again) we have to decide what we want. do you want to play great players that make great calls against you? Do we only want people calling our raises when were beat? How are you ever going to make any money if people only call your bets when they have you by the proverbials?

Again as i stated in my first post please don't take this as a personal pop at you. i speak far more generally as there are SO MANY of these posts on here (and every other poker forum, for every other poker site, anywhere in the world).

I've done the same as you, been mortified at the calls i've gotten and berated the players that dare do this but at some point in your poker life a switch gets turned on, you stop thinking about the beat and only concentrate on reloading and taking advantage of the weakness you have been shown. Now i'm no master at this yet and i'm still prone to tilt but i'm getting better at seeing the brightside of this as the beats go by. This is why it's important to be rolled for your level, because when they get lucky you want to be able to take it on the chin, reload and go get your's back with a pile of theirs. (another aspect of the game i didn't fully understand at one point but the 2 go hand in hand)

As far as bad beats goes, i've lost to rivered higher quads when i had quads, i've lost with the nut flush Or what i considered to be) to a 1 outer  gut shot str8 flush draw and just about any other variation of beat you can think of (but i've also hit a few 1 outers myself)
  • edited March 2010

Player
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DeNuts Small blind  100.00 100.00 4117.50
    drawshot09 Big blind  200.00 300.00 3347.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

gallster Fold     
    seanDCFC All-in  780.00 1080.00 0.00
    DeNuts Fold     
    drawshot09 Call  580.00 1660.00 2767.50
    drawshot09 Show
    • J
    • J

seanDCFC Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• A
    • A

Turn

• J

River

drawshot09 Win Full House, Jacks and Aces 1660.00  4427.50
    I can't believe it. Lost again my whole bankroll is basically all gone. today has been the worst day of poker that I have ever had. I've been dogged time and time again. I'll not be re-loading and i'll probably just play the freerolls until I can no longer play anymore. i can't take these beats anymore. I'm going to post some of my other defeats today to show just how unlucky I have been.
  • edited March 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    andy247 Small blind  15.00 15.00 2470.00
    seanDCFC Big blind  30.00 45.00 485.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

andy247 Raise  75.00 120.00 2395.00
    seanDCFC Call  60.00 180.00 425.00
    Flop

• K
    • A

seanDCFC Bet  90.00 270.00 335.00
    andy247 Raise  180.00 450.00 2215.00
    seanDCFC All-in  335.00 785.00 0.00
    andy247 Call  245.00 1030.00 1970.00
    andy247 Show
    • A
    • K

seanDCFC Show
    • K

Turn

River

andy247 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Kings 1030.00  3000.00
  • edited March 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    astroflop1 Small blind  75.00 75.00 1930.00
    seanDCFC Big blind  150.00 225.00 127.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

mum1 Call  150.00 375.00 8797.50
    miamigo Fold     
    astroflop1 Fold     
    seanDCFC All-in  127.50 502.50 0.00
    mum1 Call  127.50 630.00 8670.00
    seanDCFC Show
    • J
    • J

mum1 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

• K

River

• A

mum1 Win Flush to the Ace 630.00  9300.00
  • edited March 2010
    the last one im calling you with anything its less the a blind to knock you out so 72 off looks good to me with those odds
  • edited March 2010
    The 1st hand was a coin toss, yuo were behind always in the second hand and yes the 3rd was a bad beat but you only had 125 chips left so anyone would call with any hand with 8000 behind. Ive seen a lot worse
  • edited March 2010

not being funny but you do seem to all in every time you think your ahead.
    first one if your going all in blind with aq 4 out of 10 wins as you state in the thread is about the right odds imo
    2nd one youve put him on an ace youve bet hes raised so its fair to assume he has one and why are you calling the pre flop raise with k8 off?
    with the stack youve got your all in or fold never flat call a raise in that situation 

• edited March 2010
    the last one im calling you with anything its less the a blind to knock you out so 72 off looks good to me with those odds
    Posted by BADBOY985

So what?? I understand that, my point is that I have been dogged all day long these three examples are just some examples of the beats i've had today. I lost 7 tourneys today when i've went in with better hands than my opponents and still lost. Don't tell me about good calls etc. i wouldn't care to much if hadn't lost all of these games but its happened too often today for me to believe that it is just bad luck. i feel that i have been cheated out of money by skybet. ever since i was chat banned I have been losing badly like this, skybet must have pushed the badboy button that makes me lose most of the time.
  • edited March 2010
    not being funny
    No your not being funny are you?  I couldn't be bothered to read the rest of your post as anyone who starts a sentence with not being funny doesnt deserve my time.
  • edited March 2010
    btw for all you smart-asses these are just these easiest example for me to find as it is tedious going through the hand history, i could find better examples but i would rather kill myself than trawl through the history anymore.
  • edited March 2010
    thanks for your coments
    cant belive you got chat banned you seem such a calm  well balance chap
    gl in the future keep the all ins going 
  • edited March 2010
    LOL your actually slating someone for calling less than 1 BB more?? if anyone ever folds for less than 1 BB more they should quit poker.
  • edited March 2010
    Sean, I had a horrible day too yesterday a couple of runner runner, one when one guy was just bullying had nothing and hit a str8.

However, it doesn't last long and perhaps the next few days will be kinder to you.

GL
  • edited March 2010
    sean
    this site is the pits. it happens day after day to me , nearly every single game, just read some of my posts, see my comments during games.
    dont listen to all these tos sers on here , i dont think half of them play anyway.
  • edited March 2010
    look the first few posts were trying to give advice which you virtually threw back in there faces,you dont deserve any help.you keep listening to stevepeps he seems to know everything.as for the hands you posted...nahh i conna be botherd
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got..sh it on...again:
    sean this site is the pits. it happens day after day to me , nearly every single game, just read some of my posts, see my comments during games. dont listen to all these tos sers on here , i dont think half of them play anyway.
    Posted by stevepeps
    hows the court case going steve ?

keep us updated please .
  • edited March 2010
    sorry matey cant talk about it . been told to keep quiet .
  • edited March 2010
    AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH... wait...

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Steve... ive missed you mr judge!!! you always crack me up. You sure you wern't a juror once and are getting it confused??

much love x (keep it up)
  • edited March 2010
    btw for all you smart-asses these are just these easiest example for me to find as it is tedious going through the hand history, i could find better examples but i would rather kill myself than trawl through the history anymore.
    Posted by seanDCFC
    I strongly advise that you give up poker and take up another hobby as you clearly have no grasp of any of the fundamentals of poker.
    If you class AQ < JJ and K8 < AK as "beats" then you are deluding yourself.
    The final example is indeed a "beat" but given your very small stack size it is a mandatory call pre-flop once he has decided to limp UTG.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got raped again:
    In Response to Re: I just got raped again : I never said that being favourite gives you a divine right to win, my point was that i feel that i am losing too often when favourite. I've had a look through my hand history and I have lost 6 of the last 10 hands when I have been clear favourite, maybe ive just been really unlucky but it's annoying because i lost a lot of tourneys because of bad luck rather than bad play. Have you ever lost with four of a kind?? if not dont talk to me about bad beats you dont know the meaning of the word. Also in the examples I used i would not have dished out those bad beats as I would have folded on both occasions if i was in my opponents shoes, so yes I think i can complain as it was poor play by both players as they both had much weaker hands but just got incredibly lucky. 
    Posted by seanDCFC

I think I may be qualified to talk about bad beats. It's been documented on here before so I won't bore everyone again with the gruesome details, but, after 14 hours of play, I had my flopped Quad Kings beaten by Quad Aces in the WCOOP main event (world championships of on-line poker) 3 years ago. I cashed well enough, but he went on to win the tournament and $247,000.

This kind of thing happens for one main reason - because it can! I've suffered with bad beats on Sky too. Calls with low value cards will hit proportionately and when they do you will remember it. It's human nature, you don't remember each time your AA holds up and wins but you remember when it loses. It's programmed into the most ancient part of our brains that we remember events that cause us pain in order to survive. Three days before my kings were crushed I won a $50,000 tournament. I can't remember a single hand from that game but I'll never ever forget my 'bad beat.'

The information and help given by others here is spot on. I went through a bad patch a while ago and couldn't do anything right, but after a rest from the game it righted itself. Variance causes us to change our approach to the game and not make the best plays. This makes matters worse and we go into a downward spiral and look for other reasons rather than seeing it for what it is.

Take a break from the game, read some poker books, and come back refreshed. It will work wonders I promise you.
  • edited March 2010

wow my first ever proper visit to this bit of the forum......think merenovice has most of these guys summed up in 1 word, DELUDED! 

I dont know if its funny or worrying reading through this......The guy who shoved JJ with less than 2 bb's and moaned about the call....is he serious?
  • edited March 2010
    Just lost another tourny, lost three hands in a row with top pair to the same player and on each occasion the said player hit a straight on the river, what is up with that. btw if anyone plays against me in the future I think they should call me with anything as they will probably beat me skypoker does not want me to win.
  • edited March 2010
    Just lost another tourny, lost three hands in a row with top pair to the same player and on each occasion the said player hit a straight on the river, what is up with that. btw if anyone plays against me in the future I think they should call me with anything as they will probably beat me skypoker does not want me to win.
    Posted by seanDCFC
    sky poker data research result

the day you signed up for skypoker ,

skyrich was looking after things that day,

you were very unlucky had your name been ,

bill, bob , john , joe or numerous others,

skyrich would have put you in the winning circle list,

you poor thing he does not like guys named sean,

maybe if you reregister and pretend you are a bill , bob , john or joe .

you could get in the winning circle.

i said nothingggggggggg !!!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : sky poker data research result the day you signed up for skypoker , skyrich was looking after things that day, you were very unlucky had your name been ,   bill, bob , jonh , joe or numerous others, skyrich would have put you in the winning circle list, you poor thing he does not like guys named sean, maybe if you reregister and pretend you are a bill , bob , john or joe . you could get in the winning circle. i said nothingggggggggg !!!
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Are you trying to be funny?? If so it was a poor effort.
  • edited March 2010
    I have to admit, I didn't until now look at the hands you posted. Now that i have i can't see what you're on about TBH

AQ V's JJ - Not A Beat - You shove it all in pre flop and get called by a pocket pair. It's a standard Race that you don't win. the fact that you make trips on the flop is irrelevant as is the fact that your oppo catches one of his 2 jacks on the turn to get the house. You didn't raise then take a flop and put the money in while you were infront so it's not a beat.

K8 off - A K - Not A Beat - You call a raise with junk (and the fact that it's a min riase should possibly set alarm bells ringing that he has a big hand and wants you in). You flop 2 pair as does your oppo.... only his 2 are better. At no point in time were you ahead in this hand, you have the worst hand going in and coming out and rightly so

JJ v's 53 suited - There is no player on the site that is not going to call you with any 2 and flushes do happen, a better question is how have you been left with so few chips

Your not happy but on the hands you have posted i can see nothing wrong or unusual. To lose a race, a hand where your dominated and to get yourself outdrawn when you have got into such bad shape in a tournament you have no fold equity is all pretty standard stuff. If you don't understand that then this is not the game for you, if you think the world is against you, your playing great and it's every body elses fault then THIS IS NOT THE GAME FOR YOU..... And if you can't accept beats (although the above examples don't really qualify) even if your having a prolonged run of them then guess what ???????? YOU GOT IT !!!

On a serious note you have to come to terms that this will happen because i guarantee they happen everywhere