You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I just got.....again

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Again I need to explain to all the "poker genious' "  that these are only easy to find examples of losses that i have had, you cannot judge me as player by the small selection of hands that I have shown you or simply dismiss the fact that I have lost a lot of games very suspiciously imo. You have not played or witnessed these tournaments and if you could only see how often I have lost through people hitting on the river then you would understand what i mean. Just to be clear I am would be the first to admit that I am not that great at poker but I used to really enjoy it until I joined skypoker, but im enjoying it less and less everyday due to constant defeats on the river.
  • edited March 2010

Lost yet another hand this time with two pair, lost again to a straight on the river. (how could i not see that coming.) This has happened far to often today, i've played my last game of poker on this site, i'll just be using the skybet from now on. Must use a proper poker site from now on this one is pure ****.

• edited March 2010
    UL Sean, i really do feel that if you see out your bad run you'll enjoy playing poker here but it's not my Job to convince you that it's a legit site so i will leave it here.

As i've made clear through my posts my responses are nothing other than my true feelings and experiances on the matters you post and in no way attacking you. Many have experianced what your going through and when they come out of the other side on an absolute Heater the bad run seems a distant memory - Enjoy Your poker and if you can't do that here then i wish you luck in abundance wherever you go play

ACES ;)
  • edited March 2010
    at the start of this post I sympathised with you, and still do to a point you've had some bad luck by the looks of things but to accuse the site of making you lose really is pathetic. these things happen in poker and I no sometimes it makes you want to throw your lappy out the window but that's poker if you don't like it take up a hobbie /game where no gambling is involved cause poker is obviously not for you. 

ul on the bad beats gl on the tables (if you continue to play)

Rob
  • edited March 2010
    Man if it makes you so unhappy, then dont play poker! K8 offsuit is not ahead of AK ?! Seriously stop playing if all you want to do is get upset about it. poker is poker and thats the way it is plain and simple, maybe try playing at ur local pub game and you will see the game is just the same and people make the same seemingly dumb calls, but the cards in ur hand are only good once the 5th card is down on the deck, if ur there with one pair or 2 pair u can expect to get beaten by a 5 card win by the river, that is the nature of poker, and people like to gamble obviously, especially when they can see a possible 5 card hand that is a good chance of outright winner. stick to the freerolls or try low stakes ring games starting with 8 quid. thats what i did and im past 100 quid now, but that comes from having the balls to call reasonable preflop raises and then stealing the stacks of the pot stealing bluffers. keep practicing keep getting beat and im sure ur game will tighten up and u will learn more patience to attack the super aggressive stealer when the time is right, which is normally not preflop with one pair or K8 offsuit?!
    The aim is to see the flop and weigh up ur hand from there, cause as far as im concerned a 5 2 suited has just as much chance of winning as JJ, in fact there are probably more outs with them cards as apposed to JJ in ur hand. Good evening to ya
  • edited March 2010
    I shall continue to play poker as I am not nearly as bad a player as many of you believe. I've made more money from online poker than I have deposited, so why would I give it up?? I'll just play on superior poker sites.
  • edited March 2010

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POKER ISNT ABOUT A SITE! the game doesnt change no matter where you go and if ur sooooo up on ur money what in the hell are ya gettin all uptight about being beaten for? get off out of it man. cya then

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again:
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POKER ISNT ABOUT A SITE! the game doesnt change no matter where you go and if ur sooooo up on ur money what in the hell are ya gettin all uptight about being beaten for? get off out of it man. cya then
    Posted by British73
    It is about the site if site is dodgy. So if I go to a non-dodgy site then the game will be very different.

• edited March 2010
    A few of you are getting a bit upset about me slating your precious SkyPoker, that pleases me. :-)
  • edited March 2010

Hi Sean, I don't know or care how good you are at poker (although the way you seem to handle bad beats/cold decks gives me a hint), but if you think Sky Poker is dodgier than any other regulated site, you're only deluding yourself.

Google Bill Rini and check out his blog "Is online poker rigged?" to understand why online poker (on any regulated site) is not fixed against you (or anyone else).

• edited March 2010
    I just finished 22nd out of 1016 in the super 6 freeroll. I put in a fantastic performance. :-)
  • edited March 2010
    A few of you are getting a bit upset about me slating your precious SkyPoker, that pleases me. :-)
    Posted by seanDCFC

Troll alert !!!!!!!!!!

Away with ya!
  • edited March 2010
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, go away dog or ill eat you.
  • edited March 2010
    I just finished 22nd out of 1016 in the super 6 freeroll. I put in a fantastic performance. :-)
    Posted by seanDCFC

seannnnny boy did you change your name,

you said previously skypoker would not let you win/cash !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again :   seannnnny boy did you change your name,  you said previously skypoker would not let you win/cash !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

It only lets me win in freerolls it would seem, if i had been playing for cash I probs would have lost.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : It only lets me win in freerolls it would seem, if i had been playing for cash I probs would have lost.
    Posted by seanDCFC

What a rediculous statement. If you can't win money here you can't win it anywhere. If you're losing and getting frustrated that's understandable. Only you can correct that. Instead of coming out with rediculous statements regarding the site, take a good look at your game. If you have serious leaks then playing tournaments is not the way because the longer it goes on the more you will be found wanting. Ask for advice on here and any number of competant players will step forward to help you. Throwing around allegations will just get you laughed at.

There are some really nice people on here who can't win and there are some obnoxious individuals who do make money, so if Sky favour some over others where is the sense in that? Simple answer there isn't any sense to it because it doesn't happen.
  • edited March 2010
     i only pay sit n gos normally dont play any tournaments except for freerolls. I can win here there and everywhere, if you know what I am saying PAL.
    Nobody laughs at me, I laugh at danger.
  • edited March 2010
     i only pay sit n gos normally dont play any tournaments except for freerolls. I can win here there and everywhere, if you know what I am saying PAL. Nobody laughs at me, I laugh at danger.
    Posted by seanDCFC

Get the doctor to step up your medication sunshine. I love you internet warriors LMAO.
  • edited March 2010
    Just finished first in a bounty hunter. :-)  So i've when from £0 in my account to £3.53 today. i'm happy with that, my top class poker skills are starting to reign supreme.
  • edited March 2010
    My short run of victorys has come to halt once more, not happy with these cards.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    seanDCFC Small blind  75.00 75.00 785.00
    dragon22 Big blind  150.00 225.00 990.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

seanDCFC Call  75.00 300.00 710.00
    dragon22 Check     
    Flop

• J

dragon22 Bet  150.00 450.00 840.00
    seanDCFC Raise  300.00 750.00 410.00
    dragon22 All-in  840.00 1590.00 0.00
    seanDCFC All-in  410.00 2000.00 0.00
    dragon22 Unmatched bet  280.00 1720.00 280.00
    seanDCFC Show
    • K
    • K

dragon22 Show
    • J

Turn

• Q

River

dragon22 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 3s 1720.00  2000.00
  • edited March 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    tony08 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1115.00
    seanDCFC Big blind  30.00 45.00 840.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

tony08 Raise  45.00 90.00 1070.00
    seanDCFC Raise  150.00 240.00 690.00
    tony08 All-in  1070.00 1310.00 0.00
    seanDCFC All-in  690.00 2000.00 0.00
    tony08 Unmatched bet  260.00 1740.00 260.00
    tony08 Show
    • A

seanDCFC Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

tony08 Win Three 10s 1740.00  2000.00
    Why do I never hit cards like these guys do?
  • edited March 2010
    Just finished first in a bounty hunter. :-)  So i've when from £0 in my account to £3.53 today. i'm happy with that, my top class poker skills are starting to reign supreme.
    Posted by seanDCFC
    go buy yourself a lollipop ,

you deserve it !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : go buy yourself a lollipop , you deserve it !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I think we both know that I deserve molre than that.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : I think we both know that I deserve molre than that.
    Posted by seanDCFC

ok a lollipop and a candy bar then ,

but this unfortunately goes against the old saying :

" do not spend all your money in the one shop "
  • edited March 2010
    Seems to me you have found the level your ability can cope with.

Stick to freerolls.
  • edited March 2010
    Seems to me you have found the level your ability can cope with. Stick to freerolls.
    Posted by maccol
    Have you ever seen me play?? If not dont comment.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : Have you ever seen me play?? If not dont comment.
    Posted by seanDCFC
    Your attitude tells me all I need to know about your play.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I just got.....again : Have you ever seen me play?? If not dont comment.
    Posted by seanDCFC

You're complaining without reason. According to sharkscope you've only played 13 games. You have an ROI of minus 82% which isn't good but on the small number of mtt's it's meaningless anyway. If you are an experienced player who wins elsewhere you will know that varience over 13 mtt's doesn't count for anything.

If you are saying that you expect to win in 13 mtt's you're in cloud cuckoo land.

• edited March 2010
    why have i just wasted 5 mins of my life reading through this rubbish?

my views

1. Sky Poker is not fixed in any players favour, and no regulated poker site is.

2. any one who whinges constantly about "bad beats" and losing is either

a) an inexperienced player who has not played enough poker to understand that bad beats are standard and there is no divine right to win any hand until the final card has been dealt. These players often think they are better players than they actually are.

or 

b) a bad loser, who acts like a spoilt child. no integrity, and should probably stick to something that doesn't involve competition or money.

It is possible to be both a) and b)

3. anyone who spends time on a forum of a site that they think is fixed against them is simply sad and pathetic, an internet troll. go elsewhere if you are not happy, and stop moaning about cards its NOT INTERESTING.

4) i see this sort of thread time and time again. i never want to read another... its boring...

5) its fine to mention extraordinary bad beats like Elsadog did, because that sort of thing is so rare and it is the context that is interesting.

6) the hands posted on this thread are not bad beats, they are standard situations. the KK j3 hand for example. the caller had top pair HU, with hardly any chips behind. always a call. it proves nothing apart from something i have known all along. J3 IS THE NUTS:)

that is all

hoggers

• edited March 2010
    thanks sean that was the funniest 10 minutes of my life, what a great thread, you are getting nominated for thread of the week by me, look out for your prize cos this is a sure winner