You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat
people say you must have the full buy in and some say different but what do you think? well this is what i think..............i loaded up 200 other day, and had 78, flop came 78A, turn came 8 river came 9. i lost the lot to a bigger full house than mine, if i loaded only 40 to the table then i wouldnt have lost my massive buy in would i? people will say it doesn't really matter cos its only free play tables but it matters to me, i play to win and was really gutted about this, my poker play balance now stands at a lowly 780, i hear you say that i can reload if i lose that and get another free 1000 but how is that gonna improve my game? i am trying to find a nice spot and gonna try double this up first and hopefully kick on from their, people have started calling me shark and killer shark in the chat box, this is annoying to me, i don't know what they mean, i am just a rookie trying to build enough poker play money so sky will acknowledge my contribution on the tables!!! so what do you guys think, shall i sit down with the 780 and try double it up or sit with 100 and try build my play balance from there? would appreciate the advice, also would like some of the big players to comment on this and maybe we can trade information on certain players, i am sure they know some of the free play good players and i will keep my eyes peeled on the bigger stakes just for them!!!

dont be afraid to comment if you only play free play like me, i just love poker and am willing to play anybody on the felt at any limits, i feel no pressure, all challengers welcome.

ps: freechips turned down my earlier challenge saying he doesnt know how to play heads up lol

Comments

• edited April 2010

pmsl
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?:
    people say you must have the full buy in and some say different but what do you think? well this is what i think..............i loaded up 200 other day, and had 78, flop came 78A, turn came 8 river came 9. i lost the lot to a bigger full house than mine, if i loaded only 40 to the table then i wouldnt have lost my massive buy in would i? people will say it doesn't really matter cos its only free play tables but it matters to me, i play to win and was really gutted about this, my poker play balance now stands at a lowly 780, i hear you say that i can reload if i lose that and get another free 1000 but how is that gonna improve my game? i am trying to find a nice spot and gonna try double this up first and hopefully kick on from their, people have started calling me shark and killer shark in the chat box, this is annoying to me, i don't know what they mean, i am just a rookie trying to build enough poker play money so sky will acknowledge my contribution on the tables!!! so what do you guys think, shall i sit down with the 780 and try double it up or sit with 100 and try build my play balance from there? would appreciate the advice, also would like some of the big players to comment on this and maybe we can trade information on certain players, i am sure they know some of the free play good players and i will keep my eyes peeled on the bigger stakes just for them!!! dont be afraid to comment if you only play free play like me, i just love poker and am willing to play anybody on the felt at any limits, i feel no pressure, all challengers welcome. ps: freechips turned down my earlier challenge saying he doesnt know how to play heads up lol
    Posted by porkerman
     i always knew freechips was a big chicken lool

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?:
    In Response to Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? :  i always knew freechips was a big chicken lool
    Posted by loonytoons
    I THOUGHT HE WAS A TURKEY ?? LOL
  • edited April 2010
    if this isn't serious then congratz... i found it funny.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo worried this is serious though...
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?:
    people say you must have the full buy in and some say different but what do you think? well this is what i think..............i loaded up 200 other day, and had 78, flop came 78A, turn came 8 river came 9. i lost the lot to a bigger full house than mine, if i loaded only 40 to the table then i wouldnt have lost my massive buy in would i? people will say it doesn't really matter cos its only free play tables but it matters to me, i play to win and was really gutted about this, my poker play balance now stands at a lowly 780, i hear you say that i can reload if i lose that and get another free 1000 but how is that gonna improve my game? i am trying to find a nice spot and gonna try double this up first and hopefully kick on from their, people have started calling me shark and killer shark in the chat box, this is annoying to me, i don't know what they mean, i am just a rookie trying to build enough poker play money so sky will acknowledge my contribution on the tables!!! so what do you guys think, shall i sit down with the 780 and try double it up or sit with 100 and try build my play balance from there? would appreciate the advice, also would like some of the big players to comment on this and maybe we can trade information on certain players, i am sure they know some of the free play good players and i will keep my eyes peeled on the bigger stakes just for them!!! dont be afraid to comment if you only play free play like me, i just love poker and am willing to play anybody on the felt at any limits, i feel no pressure, all challengers welcome. ps: freechips turned down my earlier challenge saying he doesnt know how to play heads up lol
    Posted by porkerman
    listen up fool, i will play you HU, i said i wont tonight as im playing 6-8 tables, ok can you get it, prob not.
    i will play you at any stakes, if you want HU then fine by me, but lets iron out the veriance, we play 4 tables HU. PM me when you want action, i am on most nights from 8 ish, i have to say you have made me laugh.
  • edited April 2010
    i have to say you remind me of a player not so long ago who had a big gob, seriously now, you play free play and a few wk ago was beggin for money.  im sure your already in the poor house and if your not you will be soon.
    you want advice from me (mid stakes) next time you have a spare £20 put it on and start to grind at £1 DYM if it goes wrong so what its only £20 if you rearly wanna play me im more than happy but think befor you speak.
  • edited April 2010
    i have to say you remind me of a player not so long ago who had a big gob, seriously now, you play free play and a few wk ago was beggin for money.  im sure your already in the poor house and if your not you will be soon. you want advice from me (mid stakes) next time you have a spare £20 put it on and start to grind at £1 DYM if it goes wrong so what its only £20 if you rearly wanna play me im more than happy but think befor you speak.
    Posted by freechips1
    PMSL Well said
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : listen up fool, i will play you HU, i said i wont tonight as im playing 6-8 tables, ok can you get it, prob not. i will play you at any stakes, if you want HU then fine by me, but lets iron out the veriance, we play 4 tables HU. PM me when you want action, i am on most nights from 8 ish, i have to say you have made me laugh.
    Posted by freechips1
    you go girl!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : PMSL Well said
    Posted by Dazler

what does PMSL mean?  am still learning lingo cheers dtw
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? :   what does PMSL mean?  am still learning lingo cheers dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    It means p..is..sed myself laughing..........which i am doing at this thread as well lol.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? :   what does PMSL mean?  am still learning lingo cheers dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    PMSL
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : listen up fool, i will play you HU, i said i wont tonight as im playing 6-8 tables, ok can you get it, prob not. i will play you at any stakes, if you want HU then fine by me, but lets iron out the veriance, we play 4 tables HU. PM me when you want action, i am on most nights from 8 ish, i have to say you have made me laugh.
    Posted by freechips1
    no need to get angry with me fellow. whats stakes do you want to play me then freechips? what you need to remember is that my current free play balance is 780, if your serious about this and not just yanking my chain then lets get it on! i am here all night!!
  • edited April 2010
    w tf is a free play balance?
  • edited April 2010
    it tells you in your account, you will have 1000 to play with, i only have 780 so therefore you have the advantage straight away, do you wanna get this on now?
  • edited April 2010
    lool, freechips thinks its real money hehe - classic
  • edited April 2010
    o dear,
    you need to have a think about this, why on earth would i spend my time playing free play when i could be making money. real money.
    i am such a fool at times.
  • edited April 2010
    As I always say bring the bear minium.
  • edited April 2010
    i respect your opinion, thanks kunster

freechips do you not respect the play money players?
  • edited April 2010
    i respect your opinion, thanks kunster freechips do you not respect the play money players?
    Posted by porkerman
    Lol no
  • edited April 2010
    typical stuff from another big stakes player, no respect for us who love playing at the lower levels
  • edited April 2010
    theres low levels. and then theres the basement. somehow i dont think he wants to go down there!!

• edited April 2010
    theres low levels. and then theres the basement. somehow i dont think he wants to go down there!!
    Posted by pod1
    I am usally found in the basemnt or the gutter with a bottle of JD stuck to my arm and dribbling with half bent needle in me.........NOW thats basment
  • edited April 2010
    ROFLMFAO ........ great thread, not sure who's taking the 'p' out of who.

(DTW ....don't ask)
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by pod1
    pod have you ever tried to sit with 6 of the best free play players on sky? i dont think you have, i think you would be way out of your depth!!! tikay is always banging on about how poker is all about enjoyment and that is what i am doing just plying my trade on the free play tables, fair enough its not a massive income but i am slowly earning a lot more points than i used to, my poker play balance is now at 1460, no matter what level your playing at thats pretty impressive stuff. you and free chips clearly dont want to play on the free play tables do you? so my question to you is. your not playing poker for enjoyment you are playing for the money is this true?

tikay what do you think of these guys just playing to lay money in their pockets? you have always stated that you should play to enjoy but clearly these are not they are playing to win money and if they lose they dont enjoy it!! where as if i lose a buy in of my free play balance i just chill out have a dairy lea dunkster and reload another 1000 , is this a good strategy or maybe switch to wispa gold's cos the dunksters take ages to eat?
  • edited April 2010
    Hi porkerman please do not listen to this lot i think they know nowt about poker.I would like to sponsor you to play against all of the big boys on this site.I will finance this by selling my house,car and all of my possessions as i feel i can trust you to succeed.I will pm you with details of when i will be able to hand over all of my cash to you.Now all you lot out there please do not comment or call me a fool as i know what i am doing and i know a good investment when i see one,cmon i mean this guy has been cleaning up on the free money tables so if this aint worth a bet then i dont know what is.dav
  • edited April 2010
    dav i am enjoying the free play tables so much i dont think i can leave them now, but i thankyou for your support and loyalty and if in the future i decide to play for real cash then i will contact you first, thanks once again mate
  • edited April 2010
    porkerman your a legend...lmao
  • edited April 2010
    thanks mate, on a table right now if anyone wants a game, table is mogadishu, hurry up though cos when word gets about that i have seated it will fill up quickly
  • edited April 2010
    easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!!!

just sat on the table for 2 hands and won a buy in so stood up straight away, i had a great read on my opponent in the first hand as i sat down, i just knew that my second pair was good and i took 100 off him, he had bottom pair with queen kicker, he shud have laid it down and will probably be kicking himself all night over that one now, what has probably made him more angry is that i stood up and said "thanks for the game" fair enough it was a short game but i am not letting him win it back, i have got his 100 and that will get me a game tomoro, its fair enough, no rules state that i have to play for a certain period of time do they?
  • edited April 2010
    WP you are da man i know for sure.Please do not let anyone else sponsor you if you do decide that free play is no longer for you.GL m8 dav