You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?:
       pokerman i wish to sponsor you for the wsop freeplay money main event,    now only fair  i am  putting up 10k play money chips,    so i get 50 o/o  of any play money chips you win .    take no offer from dav1964,    he/she hasn't even decided what  s ex he/she is yet .    where as i am 100o/o  all man ,     no underline plans here m8y.    the offer stands for 24 hours,    i am presently monitoring the free money tables    for another suitable player to endorse ,    just incase you decide to go with the shemale dav1964.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Oh rover mate PMSL
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : Lol no
    Posted by big_mick12
    well said !
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : pod have you ever tried to sit with 6 of the best free play players on sky? i dont think you have, i think you would be way out of your depth!!! tikay is always banging on about how poker is all about enjoyment and that is what i am doing just plying my trade on the free play tables, fair enough its not a massive income but i am slowly earning a lot more points than i used to, my poker play balance is now at 1460, no matter what level your playing at thats pretty impressive stuff. you and free chips clearly dont want to play on the free play tables do you? so my question to you is. your not playing poker for enjoyment you are playing for the money is this true? tikay what do you think of these guys just playing to lay money in their pockets? you have always stated that you should play to enjoy but clearly these are not they are playing to win money and if they lose they dont enjoy it!! where as if i lose a buy in of my free play balance i just chill out have a dairy lea dunkster and reload another 1000 , is this a good strategy or maybe switch to wispa gold's cos the dunksters take ages to eat?
    Posted by porkerman
    what a loser! just put some money in your account whats the fun in playing if you can just reload the balance everytime ?
  • edited April 2010
    10k of playmoney on an un known rover, that i believe is a risky business in vestment. surly pokerman you dont want to get in to bed with  a fly by night rogue rover for 50% of your hard earned cash. after playing you later and finding out you are as good as you say you are, i might be prepared to give you  5k , but for only 10%. ditch the dave, roll over the rover and come and play in the pod team. i will look after you , honest 
    Posted by pod1
    myself, pod ,dav,  pokerman and another 2 interested challengers ,

let play it out tonight in the freeplay table ,

for 30 mins to see who comes out tops lol !

I AM OFF LINE FOR A FEW HOURS CHAT LATER !
  • edited April 2010
    sounds like a great idea to me rover, i am able to play all day till about 7pm if that is ok with your? gonna hit the tables now, hope to see some of your on there, pod come find me mate for a game
  • edited April 2010
    Thread of the week by a mile if not ever, they were even talking about this while the best players on Sky were fighting it out for a seat in vegas,
    Its like a delayed April fool
    Sheer Genius Pokerman and you dont even know it
    I'll play you HU FP Martini

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
    Ps Martini = any time, any place, any where
  • edited April 2010
    i think hes just lost his roll:-(
  • edited April 2010
    Reload, Reload
  • edited April 2010
    im still looking, sounds good to me

• edited April 2010
    ok guys come on quick game before i after go out, find me on table skopje
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : myself, pod ,dav,  pokerman and another 2 interested challengers , let play it out tonight in the freeplay table , for 30 mins to see who comes out tops lol ! I AM OFF LINE FOR A FEW HOURS CHAT LATER !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Yes great idea rover lets sort it out for later.Post on here mate dav
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : what a loser! just put some money in your account whats the fun in playing if you can just reload the balance everytime ?
    Posted by robz7
    This sounds to me like pure envy of what this poker machine is achieving.dav
  • edited April 2010
    Over there now, massive battle taking place between Porkerman, Scrumdown and myself.

Porkerman felted me twice, so I'm 2 grand down but grinding my way back.

Chat is almost as good as the poker...
  • edited April 2010
    there is a glitch on this table, it has done this for a few times now, i was supposed to act first and it kept letting machka act first, it did this for numerous hands and is giving me position and a very unfair advantage on the rest of the table, if this carries on i wont be able to play on this table anymore
    HAL_9000 Sit out

porkerman Small blind   £25.00 £25.00 £6312.50
    Machka Big blind   £50.00 £75.00 £2925.00
      Your hole cards

porkerman Call   £25.00 £100.00 £6287.50
    Machka Raise   £100.00 £200.00 £2825.00
    porkerman Call   £100.00 £300.00 £6187.50
    Flop

Machka Check        
    porkerman Check        
    Turn

Machka Bet   £100.00 £400.00 £2725.00
    porkerman Call   £100.00 £500.00 £6087.50
    River

Machka Bet   £375.00 £875.00 £2350.00
    porkerman Call   £375.00 £1250.00 £5712.50
    Machka Show
    • A

porkerman Show

porkerman Win Straight to the 9 £1250.00   £6962.50
  • edited April 2010
    HAL_9000 and DiggerMan have joined the fray, dealing irregularities are the main discussion point.  We have the top Sky Boffins at Sky HQ on the case.
  • edited April 2010
    there is a glitch on this table, it has done this for a few times now, i was supposed to act first and it kept letting machka act first, it did this for numerous hands and is giving me position and a very unfair advantage on the rest of the table, if this carries on i wont be able to play on this table anymore
    Posted by porkerman

I definitely had the advantage there.
  • edited April 2010
    BTW Porkerman you should post on the "Be on the show....." thread in the "Sky Poker TV Channel Forum".  I think it would be great to see you on TV and they'd give you a free buy in possibly to the £33 Primo on Sunday.

I am 100% serious about this.

• edited April 2010
    I love how it puts £ signs in on the HH! Makes it look like you're playing proper high-roller stakes!
    Dealing issues aside, it was a tough table!

• edited April 2010
    If you search for someone playing free play tables and they are sat at 50/100 it shows the table as £50/£100!!!

I decided not to join the table that way and went through the Lobby, cash tables, free play, just to be on the safe side!

lol
  • edited April 2010

myself and pod1 are on the skopje free play table lol !
  • edited April 2010
    This is probably the most popular that the free play tables have ever been! ;)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : pod have you ever tried to sit with 6 of the best free play players on sky? i dont think you have, i think you would be way out of your depth!!! tikay is always banging on about how poker is all about enjoyment and that is what i am doing just plying my trade on the free play tables, fair enough its not a massive income but i am slowly earning a lot more points than i used to, my poker play balance is now at 1460, no matter what level your playing at thats pretty impressive stuff. you and free chips clearly dont want to play on the free play tables do you? so my question to you is. your not playing poker for enjoyment you are playing for the money is this true? tikay what do you think of these guys just playing to lay money in their pockets? you have always stated that you should play to enjoy but clearly these are not they are playing to win money and if they lose they dont enjoy it!! where as if i lose a buy in of my free play balance i just chill out have a dairy lea dunkster and reload another 1000 , is this a good strategy or maybe switch to wispa gold's cos the dunksters take ages to eat?
    Posted by porkerman
    Hi Porker.

I'm not actually sure who is levelling who here, tbh, but if you are enjoying yourself as you clearly are, then carry on as you are man. I estimate that over 90% of players don't actually enjoy poker, because it hurts too much when they lose, & they "can't take a beat", so good luck to you, at whatever levels you play.

PS - Dairylea FTW.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm playing free play with pod1, DiggerMan, scrumdown, IRISHROVER and we're all getting owned by a freeplay regular.  I'm not enjoying poker right now.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm playing free play with pod1, DiggerMan, scrumdown, IRISHROVER and we're all getting owned by a freeplay regular.  I'm not enjoying poker right now.
    Posted by Machka
    I was watching the action for a while on the rail and I dont think I have quite got the game yet to sit down amongst these players. I shall have to watch for another 2 weeks or so, make some notes on players, and then I might put 100 pound down and play.
    I have noticed though that Machka is a total luckbox, Irish is a card rack, Pod is a maniac and Diggerman is a rock.
  • edited April 2010
    well that was fun, after getting creamed by a free play player for 5k and then sitting down with the likes of scrum, dohh, rover, machka, ozzie and diggerman pulled out a world class preformance to skint the lot ( until they reloaded again). dohhh ran off with his tale between his legs, rover wilted and gave me his 12k. digger dug himself a grave only ozzie stood firm against such an onslaught. left them licking there wounds with 22k in the bank . was just lucky pokerman wasnt there or i was going to be in trouble, got out before he arrived
    Posted by pod1
    put up the fish hand i dare you !

chicken  ! ! !
  • edited April 2010
    that was fun. creamed for 5k by a regular free play player then after getting my game together and getting a read on dohhh rover scrum digger and ozzie, totally took the field apart. dohhh left with his tail between his legs ,rover wilted in the onslaught, digger dug himself his grave.only ozzie stood up to the pounding. put 22k in the bank for later. just glad pokerman wasnt there, these guys were easy picking. rover might have noticed that i did wait till he cleared off the table before i sat down. hand of the day comming up. put rover on kk just "KNEW" my ace would come!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    that was fun. creamed for 5k by a regular free play player then after getting my game together and getting a read on dohhh rover scrum digger and ozzie, totally took the field apart. dohhh left with his tail between his legs ,rover wilted in the onslaught, digger dug himself his grave.only ozzie stood up to the pounding. put 22k in the bank for later. just glad pokerman wasnt there, these guys were easy picking. rover might have noticed that i did wait till he cleared off the table before i sat down. hand of the day comming up. put rover on kk just "KNEW" my ace would come!!!!!!
    Posted by pod1

lol, I totally agree pod the Ace always comes if not the turn its definitely going to be the river

Personaly i think rover should of folded pre flop, to save himself the heartache of the Ace hittin
  • edited April 2010
    Just spent a full session(well 5 mins) on skopje only to find you all legged it,obviously knew i was coming eh? anyway took on 700 and built up to 1150 hows that eh? 50% ROI or what.Did the right thing and got out quick while i was ahead.dav
  • edited April 2010
    it would have been the correct coarse to be taken obv really to the better player ozzie. but these ohaahmaahaa players just dont see the game as we do!!!
  • edited April 2010
    sorry to run dave but you didnt want to play me today i was  ON FIRE !!