You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    thanks dav, appreciate the comments mate, just sat down for a quick game just now and managed to get a fifth of a buy in after 1 hand so thought i will stand up straight away and take the profit while i still can, i will post the hand and tell me what you guys think of my play, now the low bet of £1 after flop is just trying to induce him to re raise me as i had an excellent read on him and knew i was infront. gl guys
    yates04 Small blind
    £0.50 £0.50 £221.00
    roadkill70 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £158.50
    Stribble Big blind   £1.00 £2.50 £99.00
    porkerman Big blind   £1.00 £3.50 £99.00
      Your hole cards

Stribble Check        
    porkerman Raise   £14.00 £17.50 £85.00
    yates04 Fold        
    roadkill70 Call   £14.00 £31.50 £144.50
    Stribble Fold        
    Flop

roadkill70 Check        
    porkerman Bet   £1.00 £32.50 £84.00
    roadkill70 Call   £1.00 £33.50 £143.50
    Turn

• A

roadkill70 Check        
    porkerman Bet   £1.00 £34.50 £83.00
    roadkill70 Call   £1.00 £35.50 £142.50
    River

roadkill70 Check        
    porkerman Bet   £44.00 £79.50 £39.00
    roadkill70 Fold        
    porkerman Show

porkerman Win   £79.50   £118.50
  • edited April 2010
    cant see anything wrong with your play there lool, phil helmuth would be proud of your play there
  • edited April 2010
    You are a poker pro my friend keep up the good work and if you do go into a bad varience patch do not tilt just take a few days break and come back refreshed.All the best dav
  • edited April 2010
    yes dav you are correct once again my friend, if i do happen to get a bad beat, i always find that a dairy lea dunkable just relaxes me for my next session, if no dunkers left in the fridge then a wispa gold or kit kat chunky calms me down, i knw the sessions havent been too long today (2 hands then 1 hand) but any profit is always good, the good thing for me is they dont charge any rake to play on the free play tables.
  • edited April 2010
    Well done my friend you seem to have everything under control.Keep up the good work dav
  • edited April 2010
    i feel i might be missing out on something here, cant remember the last time i hand a dunker. ps i dont play for the  money  i to play for fun. but i do feel the better players do tend to play for wonga. you might be the next durrrr my friend and i hope you do end up as good as him, but it does change your play when you play for hard earned cash and not for monopoly money. if you want a real game look me up on facebook they got a real good set up there
  • edited April 2010
    im sorry, im lost - is this play chips? why does that HH have £ signs on it??? is this the same guy that wanted us to pay for him to play for us???? WHAT THE H E L L ????? my world has turned upside down, black is white, up is down and i don't have a scooby doo whats going on

I may be being thick here but...... is this a joke??
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table?:
    im sorry, im lost - is this play chips? why does that HH have £ signs on it??? is this the same guy that wanted us to pay for him to play for us???? WHAT THE H E L L ????? my world has turned upside down, black is white, up is down and i don't have a scooby doo whats going on I may be being thick here but...... is this a joke??
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Hi acesover8s my friend,no this is a very serious thread this guy is summin else im tellin ya just look him up on the freeplay tables he is well worth a look.PS do not try to poach this man as i have first dibs on him when he quits freeplay and lets me sponsor him for real.dav
  • edited April 2010
    i feel i might be missing out on something here, cant remember the last time i hand a dunker. ps i dont play for the  money  i to play for fun. but i do feel the better players do tend to play for wonga. you might be the next durrrr my friend and i hope you do end up as good as him, but it does change your play when you play for hard earned cash and not for monopoly money. if you want a real game look me up on facebook they got a real good set up there
    Posted by pod1
    pod this is just for you my friend, i know just looking at it will make you play so much better in the future

please feel free to pinch my technique on the tables guys, if it works for me i am sure it can work for you too
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone seen bryan lately?
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone seen bryan lately?
    Posted by Machka
    I think you'll find him on tip 4...

x
  • edited April 2010
    yes dav you are correct once again my friend, if i do happen to get a bad beat, i always find that a dairy lea dunkable just relaxes me for my next session, if no dunkers left in the fridge then a wispa gold or kit kat chunky calms me downPosted by porkerman

How much weight do you put on during a down-swing?
  • edited April 2010
    the thing here pokerman play money is a total differnt ball game to real money and once u make the move u will know what i am talking about
  • edited April 2010
    this thread has got to be a pi..s take! one way of the other pokerman is winding us up cos a month ago he was asking for sponsorship and saying he guarenteed us double our money! what a comic!
  • edited April 2010
    this thread has got to be a pi..s take! one way of the other pokerman is winding us up cos a month ago he was asking for sponsorship and saying he guarenteed us double our money! what a comic!
    Posted by agboy
    Havent you read all the posts??? the standard of play on the free tables is far higher than the real cash tables, so if hes winning in the play tables hes bound to win on the real money tables, I bet he could more than double our money!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : Havent you read all the posts??? the standard of play on the free tables is far higher than the real cash tables, so if hes winning in the play tables hes bound to win on the real money tables, I bet he could more than double our money!!!!
    Posted by 35suited
    oh damn whats his bank account details, im gonna transfer him my bankroll, he will probably do better than i am. what a fool i am!
  • edited April 2010
    Don't want to tred on any toes, but once dav1964 has sponsored porkerman and made his money.Is it a free for all for who gets porkerman next. Or is their a waiting list.
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone watch the YouTube videos by gder01 that give excellent advice on poker, do feel this is like the forum/post version.

Gder01 also gives dietary advice and also i believe he enjoys dunkers or the american version whatever that is.

If i seem to of waffled and made no sense just youtube and search gder01 should make sense-ish
  • edited April 2010
    what time does asada open, im gonna get me some dunkers!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    Don't want to tred on any toes, but once dav1964 has sponsored porkerman and made his money.Is it a free for all for who gets porkerman next. Or is their a waiting list.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Hi TORTUS007 me and porkerman have worked out that we can comfortably make £2 million in the first year which we will split 50/50.I am not a greedy person as this sort of opportunity comes only once in a lifetime so after 1 year he will be available to others.All the best mate i hope this info is helpful.dav
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct Amount To Bring To A Cash Table? : Hi TORTUS007 me and porkerman have worked out that we can comfortably make £2 million in the first year which we will split 50/50.I am not a greedy person as this sort of opportunity comes only once in a lifetime so after 1 year he will be available to others.All the best mate i hope this info is helpful.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    THANKS.  I hate greedy people, you're O.K.
  • edited April 2010

would just like to confirm i have signed no contracts as of yet and will continue to plug away on the free play tables where i am making my profits, if its not broke dont fix it hey!!!

agboy my potential on the poker table is very frightening, i am not saying i could play and win at the bigger stakes but my style and charisma will take me far if i ever did, imagine how phill hellmuth would feel if i sat down at the side of him with a 4 pack of dairy lea dunkables? that would give me the advantage straight away as he would be thinking "what is this english dude doing?"

its not good just sitting down and hoping to get lucky, you have to have a great plan and i have plan A plan B and plan C all in operation when i sit down on a poker table

• edited April 2010
    A true champion in the making,this is a CERT.dav
  • edited April 2010
    just when you think it cant get any better!!!!!!!!!!! i only sat down for 2 hands but just knew for a fact i had my opponent beaten, he was just too shaky. he accused me of a slowroll on the river because i didnt call untill the last second, it was a tough decision for me, if i lost the pot then i had no poker play chips left, but i know what i am doing and i made the call, for the 2 hands we had a great game and hopefully we can have a game later.
    porkerman Small blind   £100.00 £100.00 £6542.00
    hazza58 Big blind   £200.00 £300.00 £20000.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

porkerman Raise   £700.00 £1000.00 £5842.00
    hazza58 Call   £600.00 £1600.00 £19400.00
    Flop

• J

hazza58 Check        
    porkerman Check        
    Turn

hazza58 Bet   £1600.00 £3200.00 £17800.00
    porkerman Call   £1600.00 £4800.00 £4242.00
    River

hazza58 Bet   £4800.00 £9600.00 £13000.00
    porkerman All-in   £4242.00 £13842.00 £0.00
    hazza58 Unmatched bet   £558.00 £13284.00 £13558.00
    porkerman Show
    • A

hazza58 Show
    • J

porkerman Win Straight to the 5 £13284.00   £13284.00

• edited April 2010
    Another unbelievable play of brilliance there porkerman, do you ever put a foot wrong? you must be second sighted, you know like that John Edwards fellow, keep it up, you will soon be holding your own with the likes of lolufold, sparce and james, they must be quaking in their boots right now.
  • edited April 2010
    this thread is the nutz keep em coming porkerman
  • edited April 2010
    Another unbelievable play of brilliance there porkerman, do you ever put a foot wrong? you must be second sighted, you know like that John Edwards fellow, keep it up, you will soon be holding your own with the likes of lolufold, sparce and james, they must be quaking in their boots right now.
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1 loony mate this man is pure genius.dav
  • edited April 2010
    listened to your comment on the vegas final last night pokerman, and i thought some top advice was given to you. never played free money myself but i would be willing to give  an hr of my time and give you a game just to see if there is any difference in play. did check you out on sc mind and i see you have played 1 scheduled game for proper money before. with your confidence you should play for cash, it is possible to play for cash and still enjoy the game for the games sake. pm if you want a game
  • edited April 2010

pokerman i wish to sponsor you for the wsop freeplay money main event,

now only fair  i am  putting up 10k play money chips,

so i get 50 o/o  of any play money chips you win .

take no offer from dav1964,

he/she hasn't even decided what  s ex he/she is yet .

where as i am 100o/o  all man ,

no underline plans here m8y.

the offer stands for 24 hours,

i am presently monitoring the free money tables

for another suitable player to endorse ,

just incase you decide to go with the shemale dav1964.

• edited April 2010
    10k of playmoney on an un known rover, that i believe is a risky business in vestment. surly pokerman you dont want to get in to bed with  a fly by night rogue rover for 50% of your hard earned cash. after playing you later and finding out you are as good as you say you are, i might be prepared to give you  5k , but for only 10%. ditch the dave, roll over the rover and come and play in the pod team. i will look after you , honest