You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official Club Thread

edited November 2010 in Sky Poker Live

Yes, The Club is back!

It's new, improved, different, & the same. Sort of.

For the time being, it will be a 1 hour Show, & will first air on Monday evenings.

It will be  Foum-Based Show, & there will be sections on Hot Forum Topics, debating them at length, Strategy Posts, which will be played out in the Studio, Play My Hand Requests, & discussions on the various Community Blogs.

Guests? Yes, of course, but not every week, they won't be bringing in Guests for the sake of it, to fill the Guest Seat, but, when a "hot" guest is in town, or available, they will be on the Show, & will play a major part in it. 

There will also be Spot Prizes each week, for the Best Forum Contribution, be it a Blog, thread, or a particularly good Post.

In the first edition, we spoke also to a Forum Member, & we will almost certainly do that every week, too.

Above all, it will be humorous, & Community-based, with the accent on "poker with a smile". 

Oh, & look out on Monday, on the Show AND on this thread, for a special fun competition linked to "The Club".

EDIT -

Repeats will be shown on Tuesdays -11am & 3pm and Wednesdays @ 4am

Comments

• edited April 2010

A Pilot Show for "The Club" was produced last week, & yesterday (Wednesday) the first edition was produced & filmed. It will evolve & improve from that, as most "first editions" do, but the people at 865 seemed pleased with it as a starting point. It must be said, the first edition has some rather odd, & very different, err, things, in it.

The Series Producer will be Sky-Chris.

The Show will be fronted by a Presenter-Analyst pairing, & these will rotate with the normal shift rotation.

By chance - & maybe ill-fortune? - the Pilot Show, plus yesterday's Edition which airs next Monday, & the next 3 Shows, will be fronted by Rich Orford & myself. Subsequent to that, it will be hosted by others, subject to how the regular shift rotation for the Presenter & Analyst Teams pans out.

If it's successful, & well-received, it will remain in the schedules for the foreseeable future.

We hope you enjoy it, & make the Show successful by contributing to it.
  • edited April 2010
    It'll be good to see you boys back on the box and also really good to have something new on Monday's...

Can you please post the time up so those who work late etc can SKY+ it if they like

Obv...as long as it doesn't clash with America's Next Top Model!!!!

x

• edited April 2010
    It's shown at 8pm on Monday on my Sky+.
    Sadly there's no "Series Link" option yet.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread:
    It's shown at 8pm on Monday on my Sky+. Sadly there's no "Series Link" option yet.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Wow, impressed with the speedy work there...you'll be getting a reputation :o)

Thanks Mere

x
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : Wow, impressed with the speedy work there...you'll be getting a reputation :o) Thanks Mere x
    Posted by TRIP5
    He already has...but that's a different story!!!

Great to see The Club back in whatever form it will take, as long as it's as entertaining as it used to be and I'm sure it will be! ;)

Everything comes to he who waits!
  • edited April 2010
    It's shown at 8pm on Monday on my Sky+. Sadly there's no "Series Link" option yet.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Producer Chris & Mother Hen tell me that it will be Series-Linked later today, all being well.
  • edited April 2010

Producer Chris tells me that Luton SPT Winner Ross Jarvis will be a Guest in Edition 2, & also that the long-awaited footage from SPT Luton will be shown in that & subsequent editions, too.

More info as it comes.
  • edited April 2010

looking forward too this n1 tk and sky !
  • edited April 2010
    Producer Chris tells me that Luton SPT Winner Ross Jarvis will be a Guest in Edition 2, & also that the long-awaited footage from SPT Luton will be shown in that & subsequent editions, too. More info as it comes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I cant wait for the new series to start, so plesed that the club is back!

With regard to Ross Jarvis, he was on the same starting table as me at Luton SPT. I didnt know who he was at the time, but could tell almost instantly that he was a very good player and he had an excellent manner at the table,  He  is a top guest to help kick off the new series.

Well done sky for giving the viewers what they want once again

Hoggers
  • edited April 2010
    Oh and one last vital question....

DID THE PENGUIN SURVIVE?
  • edited April 2010
    Oh and one last vital question.... DID THE PENGUIN SURVIVE?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    One's lips are sealed.
  • edited April 2010
    I seem to remember penguin doing two very good impressions of flying :)
  • edited April 2010
    I used to get a Club in my lunchbox at school.
  • edited April 2010
    If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our......
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see that the club is returning alas minus Matt, Dan and Penguin (who in my eyes was the star of the show, holding everthing together like he did!!!). No doubt there will be some form of comedic element to it as well as the educational stuff.

Can't wait!!
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see that the club is returning alas minus Matt, Dan and Penguin (who in my eyes was the star of the show, holding everthing together like he did!!!). No doubt there will be some form of comedic element to it as well as the educational stuff. Can't wait!!
    Posted by bobcat52
    I don't recall saying that Penguin would or would not still be present.But a Penguin Statement is expected early next week. ;)

The Presenters will, as I stated earlier, be rostered in accordance with their regular shift pattern. Dan, of course, has moved onwards & upwards, & is now with, I believe, GMTV, or Kerrang, I forget which.
  • edited April 2010
    KERRANG!....Now that takes me back to my youth Tikay....that and Back Street Heroes Magazine. Two titles that where very much part of my essential reading in those days! I still have my denim cut off emblazoned with the usual sew on patches and badges, Sadly I may have put on an ounce or two over the years so it doesn't quite fit around the middle like it used too.

A mate of mine who I used to work with until recently was a regular columnist writing for for Kerrang and other mags of that ilk until a few years ago. I believe he still does an occasional piece for them now when he's in the mood!
  • edited April 2010

Whoops! I was referring to "Kerrang!" the TV Music Channel. I never even knew they did a print mag.

Since I "retired", I've not had time to watch any music TV channels, but I loved Kerrang!, especially as they used to show a lot of Green Day stuff, &, in particular, Tenacious D. Of course, Jack Black was simply brilliant, what delivery, what theatre, what expression! 

This is the greatest and best song in the world... Tribute.

Long time ago me and my brother Kyle here,
    we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
    All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon... in the middle... of the road.
    And he said:

"Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your soul."

• edited April 2010
    Billie  Joe Armstrong rocks! Greenday - my favourite band along with The Clash
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by TiaDalma
    You have a fantastic taste in music.
  • edited April 2010
    yeah green day are one of my favourite bands too lol, went to see them at the LG Arena in October last year was a brilliant show, they are mental but there enthuiasm and sillyness made it all the more enjoyable lol.

Anyways I have never seen the Club before looking forward to it will sure to watch it monday all being well.

Spike2120
  • edited April 2010
    Great to see that the club is returning alas minus Matt, Dan and Penguin (who in my eyes was the star of the show, holding everthing together like he did!!!). No doubt there will be some form of comedic element to it as well as the educational stuff. Can't wait!!
    Posted by bobcat52
    Cheers Bobcat! I for one was just glad to spend time in the same room as Penguin.

^__^
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : Cheers Bobcat! I for one was just glad to spend time in the same room as Penguin. ^__^
    Posted by MBroughton
    Hi Matt

I heard tell Penguin took up flying lessons? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Definately will be a regular viewer so be good to see this again.

I'll keep my eyes open!
  • edited April 2010
    Great news. But it won't be the same without Matt and Dan!

It might be better, revamped etc (tough act to live up to imo), but it WON'T be the same!!

But at least it's back!
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by TiaDalma
    Early THE CLASH i hope you mean?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : Early THE CLASH i hope you mean?
    Posted by dav1964
    White Riot
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to The Official Club Thread:
    Yes, The Club is back! It's new, improved, different, & the same. Sort of. For the time being, it will be a 1 hour Show, & will first air on Monday evenings. It will be  Foum-Based Show, & there will be sections on Hot Forum Topics, debating them at length, Strategy Posts, which will be played out in the Studio, Play My Hand Requests, & discussions on the various Community Blogs. Guests? Yes, of course, but not every week, they won't be bringing in Guests for the sake of it, to fill the Guest Seat, but, when a "hot" guest is in town, or available, they will be on the Show, & will play a major part in it.  There will also be Spot Prizes each week, for the Best Forum Contribution, be it a Blog, thread, or a particularly good Post. In the first edition, we spoke also to a Forum Member, & we will almost certainly do that every week, too. Above all, it will be humorous, & Community-based, with the accent on "poker with a smile".  Oh, & look out on Monday, on the Show AND on this thread, for a special fun competition linked to "The Club".
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay May I suggest you get Pokerman on the show as he seems to be the hottest player at Sky at the moment.

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited April 2010
    In Response to The Official Club Thread : Tikay May I suggest you get Pokerman on the show as he seems to be the hottest player at Sky at the moment. Keep Smiling HAL_9000
    Posted by HAL_9000
    Talking point of the Primo / Viva Las Vegas show from last night... amongst others.

And it's PoRkerman, btw!