You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official Club Thread

124»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread:
    We are lacking in entries for our earlier set task - poker face.  We asked for you to send a pic of your "best" poker face in, and as yet, we are without.......... so come one guys and girls, get clicking.  Don't make me ask you again !!!!!! :-)
    Posted by Sky_Mandy

why don't you guys post your pictures in the forum too?

if you need help adding a photo to your post - just shout!
  • edited May 2010
    Or
    Posted by Machka
    Really looking forward to seeing these!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : Really looking forward to seeing these!!!
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    LOL, it's not what you think! (that's sounds a little, err, weird)
  • edited May 2010
    This is my poker face!

But I have to stay cool or my icing softens and my sprinkles fall off!
  • edited May 2010
    This is my poker face! But I have to stay cool or my icing softens and my sprinkles fall off!
    Posted by Donut64
    Love it!
  • edited May 2010
    We need more of your poker faces guys and girls........

.....don't be shy :))

And make sure to tune in on Monday at 8pm to see the next edition of The Club. 

We have a new 'presenter', and our guest is Mr Alex Rousso - columnist from Bluff Europe magazine, and he has kindly donated a FANTASTIC prize for us to give away, so you need to watch The Club on Monday for more info.

Do you have any cash Play My Hand requests?? If so, please post them in the Play My Hand request section and they may well get played on next weeks show.

Now....go get your cameras out & start pulling those faces!!

• edited May 2010
    our guest is Mr Alex Rousso - columnist from Bluff Europe magazine, and he has kindly donated a FANTASTIC prize for us to give away, so you need to watch The Club on Monday for more info.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    He said he has a fantastic prize, I think he's bluffing.
    Now....go get your cameras out & start pulling those faces!!
    You first.  I think the crew should lead by example.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : He said he has a fantastic prize, I think he's bluffing. You first.  I think the crew should lead by example.
    Posted by Machka
    Now that 'IS'  a good idea !!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : He said he has a fantastic prize, I think he's bluffing. You first.  I think the crew should lead by example.
    Posted by Machka
    Hmmmmm......I'll see what I can do.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi Mandy, this  weekend myself  and three other guys from here on Skypoker are going to this live event . The results will be up on Facebook Sunday Night or  Monday under Oxford Cup.
    Neill Channing and  Paul Jackson will be there,  both guests of yours  and interviewed in the past  by James or on The Club I believe .. so should be Interesting 

Oxford Cup IX! Type:Sports - TournamentDate:Sunday, May 16, 2010Time:11:00am - 11:00pmLocation:University Club, Oxford

Interested in this fantstic live event, 'The Oxford Cup'  ....

This years event will be held at   University Club on Mansfield Road Oxford ..   ..

TD will be (God) Roy Houghton plus  hosts of  poker guests including Niel Channing  and many others
    The main event remains a one-day £20 re-buy, with registration from 11am and an expected pool in excess of £10,000!

.. PM  me For further information ..
     (I did a blog here on Skypoker about this event, last year   ..In the couple of years that I have played the students and  poker guests were fantastic, however it's  a very long day ..and here's the  link if you haven't read it before , about one of the trips,  
     "Taking It Down In Morse Country"    Read More »  )

• edited May 2010
    Hi Guys, Please check my edit in the O/P regarding repeat times. Jay - I've just heard from Sky Chris that he's working on a series link. When it's complete we'll give you a shout. cheers everyone.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Any news on this yet Rich?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Club Thread : Any news on this yet Rich?
    Posted by silentbob

I haven't heard from him yet Jay. I'll quickly ask him again now.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi all.....

If you missed The Club last night, then be sure to watch one of the repeats this week, so you don't miss out on the chance to win a years subscription to Bluff Europe magazine, and a pair of Royal Eyewear sunglasses.

It will be shown again:

Wednesday 19th May at 1900hrs
    Friday 21st May at 2100 hrs
    Sunday 23rd May at 1000hrs & 0000hrs

We also need your name suggestions for our latest addition to the Sky Poker team.  And we want more POKER FACES - I'm doing mine, so get yours done too!!

• edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    poker face ;)
    Posted by monkey123
    I think I've played with you before!
  • edited May 2010
    Right....I've done it.  I've led by example.  My very 'imaginative' poker face will be making it's debut on Monday night at 8pm. 

DP joined me in the photo taking - so please be sure to keep your children away from the TV to avoid any later nightmares!!  I'll be extremely upset if the rest of you don't get your photos sent in now - I've done as I was asked, so now it's your turn.  I can't wait :)

• edited May 2010
    I want to pick your brains.........

If you're playing a big tourney - online or live - do you ever try and research some of your opponents in advance??  If so, how far have gone to try and get the skinny on your adversaries? 
  • edited May 2010

I think I've played with you before!
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    erm!

I've done as I was asked, so now it's your turn.  I can't wait :)
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Oh dear, my camera is being repaired or something, probably...

I want to pick your brains......... If you're playing a big tourney - online or live - do you ever try and research some of your opponents in advance??  If so, how far have gone to try and get the skinny on your adversaries? 
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I have only just started doing background research on players at my tables, but not in big tournys.  I have already found it useful in SNG's and DYM's to see who I am up against and who to be in pots with.  It's early days but it seems to be paying off for me.

If I am playing against LM then I often try and get the full skinny, without success so far.

• edited May 2010
    There's a new episode of The Club this Monday at 8pm.....

Our competition winner will be revealed - AND a new competition will be set, with another fantastic prize up for grabs.

Our fantastic studio guest Ross Jarvis, will be discussing the latest issue of Poker Player magazine as well participating in some fun and games with Tikay and DP.

And we reveal our very own Sky_Lings gorgeous poker face.  (Keep those poker faces coming in!)

So, tune it, record or Sky Plus it, but whatever you do - don't miss it!!
  • edited May 2010

The World Cup is upon us, and I am sure the majority of us here will be putting all our energy into cheering on England.  BUT, what if we weren't in the running - who would you be backing and why?

Let us know your thoughts and reasons here and we may even ask you to participate in the show.

Do it for your country!!!!!

• edited May 2010
    If I wasnt supporting England I would be backing Spain as I am a Troglodyte and have a cave house there.

Steve
  • edited June 2010
    Don't miss the next episode of The Club at 8pm this Monday as Tikay and Richard are bringing you a Vegas special.

We have:

*Our latest and final Viva Las Vegas winner KidGirlgy aka Sue on the phone.

*Brit poker player James Dempsey is on the phone from Vegas after already winning a WSOP bracelet event.

*We reveal our winners from both our pokerface competition and name the quote/Poker Player magazine competition

* More of your Play My Hand requests.

..............and see Richard as you've never seen him before - or wanted to!!

It is definitely NOT one to miss.

• edited June 2010
    Don't miss the next episode of The Club at 8pm this Monday as Tikay and Richard are bringing you a Vegas special.   We have:   *Our latest and final Viva Las Vegas winner KidGirlgy aka Sue on the phone. *Brit poker player James Dempsey is on the phone from Vegas after already winning a WSOP bracelet event. *We reveal our winners from both our pokerface competition and name the quote/Poker Player magazine competition * More of your Play My Hand requests.   ..............and see Richard as you've never seen him before - or wanted to!! It is definitely NOT one to miss.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I look forward to it...
  • edited June 2010

Hi Rich & Tony

Could you show this hand please its from MC1 (4p/8p) at around 7-10pm on 26th june 2010
        Firstly i had pocket 44's & i never know what the best bet is to do with these (help please) so i called 16p pre then  flop came 4d Ah Jd so i checked it was raised to 68p was called so i raised it to £3-40 ( was this the right thing to do) was worried about possible flush draw had 1 caller so put him on either 2 pair or flush draw or straight as he had been calling a lot previously turn came Ks so i shoved all - in he called  river was 6s  its the biggest pot i've won at this level so far & worth a look due to the action

the hand number is    
    # 268325502 

many thanks

Michael  aka  dtwbandit

ps thanks for explaining starting hands for hi/lo

• edited June 2010
    Hi guys could you please show this hand - #268515579 - it was on yesterdays £55 Sunday DS about half seven or so.

I just basically want to know if it was a bad fold or not, I was in front of two very good players in the small blind with AK off and  after the under the gun player raised to 3 bigs, with the button calling. I raise to about 8 bigs I think. I get called by UTG and then  button raises to about 25 big blinds. I  didn't really want to get into battle OOP with a potential coin flip or even less of a chance if UTG calls too. So I fold, so does UTG and the button takes it down.

My first thought after the hand was UTG maybe had a low pair or suited connectors and the button had a blinding hand (hence the call the first time round and then the re-raise over the top second time round as he was perhaps happy to just take down a pot of that size)

After thinking it through though I thought perhaps the raise/call by UTG showed the button some weakness and he must have thought UTG had, like I thought, a marginal hand and thought I was squeezing so re-raised to get some real information. 

How should I deal with this in future guys bearing in mind the high buy-in and how early it was? These are the sort of hands I need to get right as I haven't been playing too long and I seem to get destroyed every tourney like this lol.

Much appreciated. Sandez.
  • edited June 2010
    please please please show me this hand

did i make the greatest fold or am i a complete idiot

Hand History #269096417 (20:31 30/06/2010)

i folded 2 pair aces and kings as i think i let him get his flush

should have bet the turn bigger