You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can you win The Dan?

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

As you will have seen from another Thread, there is now a DanTB10 Tourney on a Sunday evening at 7pm.

Dan is proper busy now, wearing his Total Player hat, he does PTP each Sunday (& this dovetails nicely into that), phone-ins to the Live Show during his PTP sessions, & now his own "badged" Tourney every Sunday. On top of that he will, of course, be in Glasgow for the next SPT, then a fortnight later he'll be in Coventry for the £1,070 Buy-In GUKPT, again as part of his prize, & soon after, it'll be Vegas baby. MBN!

So, this Tourney on Sunday evenings.

There used to be a £100 Tourney on Sky Poker every Sunday evening, but it was a real struggle to get a decent field. There was a lot of hooting & hollering when the Tourney was removed from the schedule, as to "why" (lack of runners!) & what it could or should be replaced with.

Dan was prominent in that debate - well he won that £100-er about 3 times! - & he's often said since that it's a shame that there is not a deep-stack slow clock Biggie on a Sunday evening on Sky Poker. Well, now there is.

Will it last, will it get runners?

Well I hope so, I think the Site is crying out for such a Tourney, but it needs to get a tidy field. So I plan to try my best to moblise players who can afford it to play it. So some of you may expect a PM about it soon!

It's not for everyone, of course, many prefer the faster paced stuff - the nightly Main Event still draws far & away the biggest fields on Sky Poker, so nobody can argue with their popularity, but I hope that those that can manage a bigger buy-in, slower structured (so less luck-dependent) Event will support this. 

Comments