You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can you win The Dan?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I think hes "ptp" tonight trev so playing in a few tournys
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan?:
    I think hes "ptp" tonight trev so playing in a few tournys
    Posted by 35suited
    All donations accepted.
  • edited April 2010
    Just noticed DantB is in the orfordable tonight - Are you going for a consolation prize Dan? Cause there's no way your winning in your own tourny lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Yeah its my play the total player tonight so im playing yhe orfordable, dantb10 deepstack, primo, £900 guaranteed and a couple od dyms and scary sit n goes!

Busy night!

With a £25 bounty on my head and the strength of the field, its guna be super tough!

C u at the tables tonight!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : Yeah its my play the total player tonight so im playing yhe orfordable, dantb10 deepstack, primo, £900 guaranteed and a couple od dyms and scary sit n goes! Busy night! With a £25 bounty on my head and the strength of the field, its guna be super tough! C u at the tables tonight!
    Posted by dantb10
    Good Luck Dan - Your Gonna Need It Lol.
  • edited April 2010
    Just watched a bit of the 4pm semi

Thought IMAROCK and Solack had good chance of getting through. But IMAROCK was first out, and Solack soon followed... (AA v AQ ul m8 ! )

Well thats two top players we wont have to face ! But Hursty is looking good to make it. Oh, and Rock and Solly have now both bought in direct ! Doesnt get any easier, does it ? Good luck all !
  • edited April 2010
    So with an hour and 25mins to go, we have 34 runners, and a prizepool of £1700!!

Hopefully a few more will buy in direct in the next hour or so and boost the numbers abit more!

Its looking like a good debut so far!
  • edited April 2010
    yep im in, got my seat via the semi-final 
  • edited April 2010
    take it easy on me tonight guys, had a heavy session on the booze last night and my head is still spinnin!...
    contemplated pullin out, but i really hope this tourney kicks off and its a regular sunday feature so it needs all the runners it can get! good turn out tonight anyway, with a nice juicy prizepool! goodluck all
  • edited April 2010
    yep im in, got my seat via the semi-final 
    Posted by hurst05
    Nice 1 hurst well played!

Good night in newcastle?
  • edited April 2010
    take it easy on me tonight guys, had a heavy session on the booze last night and my head is still spinnin!... contemplated pullin out, but i really hope this tourney kicks off and its a regular sunday feature so it needs all the runners it can get! good turn out tonight anyway, with a nice juicy prizepool! goodluck all
    Posted by Eagle26
    That makes two of us!

Hope we can get this amount of runners every week!
  • edited April 2010
    20 mins to go and we have 37 runners!

40 would be a nice even number! :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : Nice 1 hurst well played! Good night in newcastle?
    Posted by dantb10
    i did mate yeah, was a v.good night. arrived at 12 in the pub by 12.15 :) 14 hours drinking in the sun with girls everywhere. why did i ever come back!? haha gl tonight.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : i did mate yeah, was a v.good night. arrived at 12 in the pub by 12.15 :) 14 hours drinking in the sun with girls everywhere. why did i ever come back!? haha gl tonight.
    Posted by hurst05
    Haha! Nice 1!

I love newcastle! Proper messy night out up there!!!
  • edited April 2010
    WOW!!

In the first ever tournament we have an incredible 55 runners!!

This generates a prize pool of
    £2750!
  • edited April 2010
    This is what we are playing for tonight:
    1st£825 + 40 League Points
    2nd£550 + 36 League Points
    3rd£385 + 28 League Points
    4th£275 + 22 League Points
    5th£220 + 18 League Points
    6th£192.50 + 14 League Points
    7th£165 + 10 League Points
    8th£137.50 + 6 League Points
    Good luck to all!
  • edited April 2010
    DISAPPOINTED!

To be fair I really didn't play well hence the early bath.  Can't wait for the next one, now even more determined to do myself and this tourny justice.

Good luck everyone.
  • edited April 2010
    Out in 19th place but enjoyed it anyway.

GL Guys
  • edited April 2010
    Im out.

busted in 18th.

and the £25 bounty went to..........MADMOO!
  • edited April 2010
    Great tourney Dan - didn't get much time to concentrate in this one but will make sure I don't reg for other tournies next time lol!! Hope it can get this many runners each week :)
  • edited April 2010
    Im out. busted in 18th. and the £25 bounty went to.......... MADMOO!
    Posted by dantb10
    Thanks Dan, bad call I no, was just too tempting because it was you :) Went out not long after allin pre with aa v jj, they hit j on the river :( Good game though, sorry again
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : Thanks Dan, bad call I no, was just too tempting because it was you :) Went out not long after allin pre with aa v jj, they hit j on the river :( Good game though, sorry again
    Posted by MADMOO
    no worries madmoo well played!

Will you be playing next week? It was an excellent tourny while it lasted! :(

GL to everyone still in!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : Thanks Dan, bad call I no, was just too tempting because it was you :) Went out not long after allin pre with aa v jj, they hit j on the river :( Good game though, sorry again
    Posted by MADMOO
    You were very unlucky after your 3 bet i would never have shoved with JJ against you Moo, having said that the board flopped low so i think all the chips were going in anyway.
  • edited April 2010
    Well done Chirpy !  Another enjoyable tourny for me, if not very profitable. Happy to cash at all really, after some enterprising player had called my huge JJ flop and turn bets on a 10 high board with AJ offsuit and hit his runner runner flush.

By the time I had recovered from 600 chips, you guys were running away with it.

Certainly be back for more next week.

• ybyb
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : You were very unlucky after your 3 bet i would never have shoved with JJ against you Moo, having said that the board flopped low so i think all the chips were going in anyway.
    Posted by tallboy
    With the stack sizes the shove was the correct option imo. I didn't see the point in calling off about 30% of my stack.

But very unlucky Madmoo, and well played!
  • edited April 2010
    So the first dantb10 deepstack was a success!!

The final payouts were as follows:
    ChirpyChip2750001£825 + 40 League Points
    tallboy02£550 + 36 League Points
    yb03£385 + 28 League Points
    Fun_Girl04£275 + 22 League Points
    Cowgomoo05£220 + 18 League Points
    SoLack06£192.50 + 14 League Points
    Timo61507£165 + 10 League Points
    penguin708£137.50 + 6 League Points

• edited April 2010
    Thanks Tony..... was a very enjoyable, well-structured Tournament and thanks to all for making it such a worth-while experience!

I will look forward to defending my crown next week! ;)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Can you win The Dan? : With the stack sizes the shove was the correct option imo. I didn't see the point in calling off about 30% of my stack. But very unlucky Madmoo, and well played!
    Posted by yb
    Fair point,You had a big stack at the time, i would have seen a flop thats all.
    Wp tonight YB your constant button raises kept eveyone on their toes.
  • edited April 2010
    Wp Chirpy completely out played me, I learnt alot watching you and Cowgomoo when we went down to 12 players.
  • edited April 2010
    Very well played to chirpy chip who took down £825!

Also a big shout out to everyone who cashed!!

I hope we can get the same turn out, if not better for the following weeks!

Hope to see you all next week!
  • edited April 2010
    Well done all! Seems like a great tourny! Hope it sticks! I'm going to try my best to satellite in and get involved!