You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

idea to get players to stay with sky poker

13»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: idea to get players to stay with sky poker:
    In Response to Re: idea to get players to stay with sky poker : imo, no, but i dont run a uk poker site i never normally criticize sky, cos in so many aspects they get it spot on! However, in this instance i think there is room for improvement. the rake is too high for the micro stake players. its not fair ... simples
    Posted by GREGHOGG
      Nice one hoggers!-- there you go suity types, a great ambassador for the site say's NO!!---Saw you on telly greg, very well done mate!-- you came across well there-- If sky had your philosophy, they would get some players, and hang on to them (hog)--lol--nice to put a face on ya, great stuff!
  • edited May 2010
    "current business model" Am I glad I don't have to work where people spout that sort of up everyone else's backside, can I lick your boots please sir, sort of c rap anymore. Almost makes me want to sit down and work out how many 60p sngs go through the site on an average day and then work out the figure Sky would "lose" on a daily basis if they reduced this "penalise the rookie rake" in line with Nutter's outrageous suggestion for attracting & more importantly holding on to new players. I suppose one way of looking at it is that this "current business model" is on extremely dodgy ground if it can't absorb this adjustment which may (or may not) result in a loss of revenue. One thing's for sure the suits will never find out unless they give it a trial......."Fill Your Boots World Cup Bonanza" for example ...... half price DYMs up to a certain level for the duration of the competition.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Good post dud, business models are the bees knees, and where would a bee be without its knees eh?-- right up its business end I'd say--lol---good idea mate---A trial period would give an idea of how it fits in with the current business model, but I don't see why any games should have more than 10% rake
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: idea to get players to stay with sky poker :   Nice one hoggers!-- there you go suity types, a great ambassador for the site say's NO!!---Saw you on telly greg, very well done mate!-- you came across well there-- If sky had your philosophy, they would get some players, and hang on to them (hog)--lol--nice to put a face on ya, great stuff!
    Posted by oynutter
    just sent you an interesting PM m8
  • edited May 2010

My two pennys worth.....

Oynutter has clearly identified an Issue here and the amount of posts and feed back on the subject clearly indicates that this 'unfair' rake issue needs to be looked at and not really just brushed off with the old 'doesnt fall within our business model' line taken by Sky poker.

I am totally behind this thread but IMHO, I am totally aggrieved that another thread started and contributed to by the higher cash players has been given more response to and praise even though it was in the wrong section and was only for the high rollers!!!

This is another example of Sky Poker discriminating against the smaller stake players and favouring  the bigger cash stake players.

I usually try to include humour and fun in most of my posts but feel this is a serious issue and deserves the credit it deserves. It looks, however, that Sky have other ideas!

Keep up the good work Oynutter but unfortunately you may as well bang your head against this mate.......

• edited May 2010
     Good post max-- seems it dosn't matter to sky how many players think that 15% for a 1 quid game is unfair, even if they do earn more money off the high stakes players in 10 minutes than they earn off the micro levels all day---why should they bother being fair to them seems to be the attitude
  • edited May 2010
    And another thing, Mr knows what he's talking about, sky Rich---whats this all about?----

"The thing is, this has been brought up before and we (in particular Sky Bernie) have addressed the issue and responded to similar ideas/threads."

I have looked all through Sky bernie's massive 25 post history, and cannot see any comment about this flopwit rake charge--- perhaps you could point me to it---or more likely----perhaps not!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
     is it too much to ask that he comes on here and repeats himself??-- is it??--eh?--eh?---flops sake!!!!--durrrr!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Annie--- Thing is, it's not just the fact that it's out of order to charge low stakes players over the odds in this way, but I genuinely think that Sky poker, and everyone that plays on the site would benefit in the long term--- We all want more players in the bigger tournies, a lot of the 5 quid and ten quid tournies are not even worth entering because of the low numbers-- what I am saying is that, if the rake on the low stakes games was reduced, more beginners would stay here, and that more low stakes players would be willing to risk a fiver or a tenner even, because they would have a reasonable chance of recouping the buy in from dym games--- the rake on these games at the moment is too much, and it is easier to build a bankroll on other sites-- This issue should be addessed for sky's sake as well as for ours--innit
  • edited May 2010
    just replied Annie--thanks--- I really don't feel I am "taking on" sky here, just giving them an idea that might help the site to reach it's potential-- This site has great potential, but it is not even nearly reaching it--- There must be good reasons for this--- This could be one of them--- Most other sites I have seen, cater much better for the low stakes players than sky do, and consequently, it is easier to build a bankroll big enough to move up the stakes on these other sites.

Sky seem to be losing players as fast as it gets them, any issue that could be contributing to this should be addressed. I would like to see the site grow, I would like to make sky the only site I play on, at the moment I can't, because the numbers are not here.

It's a great site, but, it is too small, I play a lot at night, last night there were 31 players seated, on my other site there were 1400--- what we need is more players, and more player loyalty-- I think this idea could help to improve both.
  • edited May 2010
    Deep StackHoldemNL£2.20124 May 22:15
  • edited May 2010
    with one minute to the start of my favorite tournie--- one whole player is registered--- this is what I am talking about !-- If we don't get better numbers soon, people will give up on sky, I love these tournies-- and they were well worth playing when the numbers were here--NOW--They are a waste of space---WHY ???
  • edited May 2010
    Until a couple of weeks a go there used to be 50p + 3p turbo HU SnG tables in the STT lobby. They were popular with micro stakes players who wanted a quick game. The tiny 3p rake was the best value on the whole site, the tables always filled rapidly.

Unfortunately they've gone now, the lowest buy-in for a HU match is £1 + 5p. It's still great value, especially when compare to a £1 DYM, but the players who stick to the 25p/50p STT's are unlikely to want to risk a pound.

Another one in the eye for micro stakes STT players.
  • edited May 2010
    Still no response from the suits-- what are we asking for here?--- It's not as if charging 10% rake will bring the site to it's knees is it?--- I have not found a site that charges over 10% for these games-- It's a simple adjustment that would make a big difference to a beginners impression of the site-- Sky do not make more profit from people that stay here because they like messing about on the forum--- they make profit from people that stay because of value at the tables!--innit !!

I currently have 20 quid in my bankroll, because me julee spotted a beautiful leather jacket---- The best way to build it up again would be the lower stakes dym games, but I refuse to play them with this rake-- Am I the only one with this attitude?-- I very much doubt it--- I am playing dym games on another site, where 5 out of ten get paid-- blinds are 8 minutes, and the rake is 10%--- I can get a roll together twice as fast on this other site--- and the site works properly too!---I want to play my poker on sky--- but when I need to build a bankroll, I have to go elsewhere--- Think about it mr current business model person,  you cannot survive on passing trade forever you know
  • edited May 2010
    Choice of mtt for micro players rubbish as well.Freerolls roulette and chip and chair ,none of these give good fundamentals of the game.Stt 6 or 10 no mtt very poor.
  • edited May 2010
    the bounty hunter for 2.30 is a bit steep on the rake, but can still be worth playing when there are over 30 entrants, watch out for the rather large loony count though--lol--- the 2.20 deep stacks were the best value on the site, and still are when the numbers are there-- gl belsibub--floppa whoppa

the other site I play on has a 50 quid grntd 10p rebuy---(unlimited rebuys for first hour + 1 add-on) It's a proper scream of a tournie!!

How about abolishing the flopwit stupid 20 quid freerolls, and having some of these instead?
  • edited May 2010
      COMPLACENCY HAS KILLED A BILLION BUSINESSES

I think