You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Okay, big draw, laid down........

edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The reads are just average 30nl players, havent noticed them do much, is it an easy lay down? or with 2 players in, the extra money make it worthwhile drawing to the nuts?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.85
paddyop22 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £13.53
  Your hole cards
  • A

semaj08 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £15.35
nalotofdet Call  £0.30 £1.05 £24.37
rupert57 Call  £0.30 £1.35 £16.68
topper76 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.15 £1.50 £29.70
paddyop22 Raise  £0.60 £2.10 £12.93
semaj08 Call  £0.60 £2.70 £14.75
nalotofdet Call  £0.60 £3.30 £23.77
rupert57 Call  £0.60 £3.90 £16.08
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.60 £4.50 £29.10
Flop

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
paddyop22 Check     
semaj08 Check     
nalotofdet Bet  £4.50 £9.00 £19.27
rupert57 All-in  £16.08 £25.08 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH      

Turn

River

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Easy fold.  Or as Ed might say, you'll fold before the time reaches half way.  I don't feel the need to explain, there's nothing I can say that you won't already be aware of.
  • edited May 2010
    easy fold, can find much better spots imo
  • edited May 2010
    I call all day long its 3/1 to hit the nut flush im actually quite suprised you folded

PS is this NOT the flop you wanted with your hand?
  • edited May 2010

Calling off on a draw, not for me.

• edited May 2010
    Snap call for me on that board m8 v that opponent
  • edited May 2010

lol this is such a CALL!! ive spoke to doh on msn so cant be bothered to type it all out again why i think its a call....but for those sayin its a fold you are serious nits!!!

• edited May 2010

hmm im loving the difference of opinion already, ill talk the hand thru from my point of view when a few more come in
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........:
    Snap call for me on that board m8 v that opponent
    Posted by dylan12
    Lol.....why are they very loose aggro?
  • edited May 2010
    Anyone notice that mostly high stakes guys call, and the lower stakes guys fold lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : Lol.....why are they very loose aggro?
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    The name rings a bell to me - remember playing a rupert on nl100 a while back and he was a loosey goosey
  • edited May 2010
    What sort of stupid question is this?!? why would you call?
  • edited May 2010
    hahIn Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........:
    Posted by beaneh

Although I hate the way you said it, I love the fact that u said it!

Unless ur takin the p/1ss again
  • edited May 2010
    lol this is such a CALL!! ive spoke to doh on msn so cant be bothered to type it all out again why i think its a call....but for those sayin its a fold you are serious nits!!!
    Posted by Eagle26

Norrrrrr fold all day long and twice on sundays.
  • edited May 2010
    hahIn Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : Although I hate the way you said it, I love the fact that u said it! Unless ur takin the p/1ss again
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I don't know you so i'm not joking, or trying to come off rude as it happens. These are just not even questions what the hell? I've posted a similar response to this on your other poor thread entitled 'nut flush slow down?!'......

This hand with the A7dd, find out what pot odds you are getting, put him on a range, assess the strengths of that range then play your hand accordingly, unless you think he shoves only draws which you would be crushing then you have to fold, or at least that's how it looks at a one second glance. 
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by beaneh
    what?? he has the nut flush draw, its nl30, there are 4 other people in the pot (2 of which have already shown aggression on the flop) he is gettin amazin pot odds/implied odds if he hits he could potentially take down a monster pot, if he misses he loses 1 buy-in! ...ok your a better player than me obviously but i really cant see how anybody can fold this!! he played ax suited and got the flop he wanted, he has multi way action - exactly what u want with these type of hands! im shovin this all day long! if im wrong then so be it!
  • edited May 2010

its so tempting to call

but, i probably lay it down and hope the diamond doesnt come

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : what?? he has the nut flush draw, its nl30, there are 4 other people in the pot (2 of which have already shown aggression on the flop) he is gettin amazin pot odds/implied odds if he hits he could potentially take down a monster pot, if he misses he loses 1 buy-in! ...ok your a better player than me obviously but i really cant see how anybody can fold this!! he played ax suited and got the flop he wanted, he has multi way action - exactly what u want with these type of hands! im shovin this all day long! if im wrong then so be it!
    Posted by Eagle26

I'm off out now but i'll let doh come back and answer this question, and will post a response later if it's needed.

Beaneh.
  • edited May 2010
    its so tempting to call but, i probably lay it down and hope the diamond doesnt come
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I di exactly this Greg.....guess the turn? lol
  • edited May 2010
    snap fold. 

if you call this you're a big fat fish monger and please join my tables.
  • edited May 2010
    Jeezuz ive sat and watched thousands of hands at the highest level on this site and virtually to a hand every time this is EXACTLY the spot these players are looking for.And yet this is NL30 and everyone of the so called good players is folding except EAGLE,DYLAN and MYSELF? pmsl dav
  • edited May 2010
    snap fold.  if you call this you're a big fat fish monger and please join my tables.
    Posted by zing
    So you have NEVER fished for a card eh? Yeah righto mate
  • edited May 2010

why do sky forum heros get so assy

it's a simple easy fold

• edited May 2010
    I am so glad the decent players said fold.  When I read it I didnt even see it as a question......... It would take me 2 miliseconds to fold this
  • edited May 2010

IMO i would fold this as we have only invested 60p but i understand where some players are coming from saying it is a great flop for us...which it is but thats mainly because it gives us pot equity which allows us to semi-bluff and hopefully take down the dead money in the pot. (Fold Equity + Pot Equity = Bluff...villians all-in so we have no fold equity)
  • edited May 2010
    As I dont play cash its hard for me to say! In a MTT I would call all day long! In a DYM if I had a good stack against someone who could do me real damage I would fold all day long!
  • edited May 2010
    I shove my stack in the middle and high five the dealer.  It's a cash game dude, you've got more than enough odds to go for it and if you miss, reload.

Simples.
  • edited May 2010
    I shove my stack in the middle and high five the dealer.  It's a cash game dude, you've got more than enough odds to go for it and if you miss, reload. Simples.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 i really cant see how people are sayin this is a fold! fair enough players like Beaneh, Zing, Mahony are all goo solid players who multi table who look for the nuts in every hand before they put there cash in the middle! but i totally agree its a cash game, its costin you 1 buy-in for a chance to at least triple up and we dont even know what the other 2 players in the hand are gonna do? why play Ax suited get the flop you want against multiple opponents and then fold it?? you dont hit reload simple! you hit you have at least tripled your stack!
  • edited May 2010
    I call if I can convince myself that my A is live, which in this spot I don't think I can.
  • edited May 2010
    I dont think everyone can say we will tripple are stack when the first player has only put in £4 and has £20 behind so is definely not pot commited.
  • edited May 2010
    i don't think either play is wrong if you feel lucky and the pot odds are there call away if you don't feel lucky or pot odds arent there then you fold simple.