You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Okay, big draw, laid down........

13»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........:
    As it happends the villian has bottom two pair and is probably not folding to two all-ins but could easily of had the qj hand. But even if Dohhhhhhh knew what they had its still a fold by my maths: Main pot £52.74/100* 29.57%E= £15.60 Side pot £15.38/100*33.74%E= £5.19 Doh has to call £23.77- (on average would win) 15.60 +5.19= -£2.98 ev every time he calls.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Even when they both do call you are still loosing -£2.98 every time though. (if my maths is correct lol)

2.98 does not sound like alot but thats 10 big blinds which adds up in this situation over time.
  • edited May 2010
    at these stakes im guessin that the majority (not all) probably wont know if you should/shouldn't fold this hand if your going purely on the mathematical side of things!... Yes your giving a gambling image -which is what you want. but at the same time in this particular hand i think its a safe to assume that the guy who pot bet into 5 other people will be makin the call- therefore giving you the correct odds. ok its not a 100% certain he's callin but a good educational guess would suggest he will. and like ive already said you may get the added bonus of one of the other guys callin also. by makin the call here you are creating an excellent table image. and are very likely also making the correct mathematical call because i really cant see the guy folding! ... if it all goes horribly wrong, you reload simple! If you hit (in this case he would of done) you are more than doubling your stack and have a image of a gambler - happy days!
    Posted by Eagle26

IT IS NOT SAFE TO ASSUME ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY NOT THAT SOMEONE WILL PUT ALL THEIR MONEY IN MULTIWAY BECAUSE THEY'VE MADE ONE BET.

You can hope for them to get their money in but you cant just assume especially not because you may have seen they have 2 pair in the hh!

If other people get involved, the whole point is we will take this call from a losing one to a winning one so I would then obviously make it, but we have been given a situation where the maths says no in the OP.

What if the table you are playing on is shortstackers whats the benefit of trying to get deep stacked? 
  • edited May 2010
    Even giving them a bunch of flush draws i'm struggling to find a set of ranges I want to be calling up against.....

anyone else want to do the actual maths?
  • edited May 2010
    What if we had say, 7d8d?
  • edited May 2010
    What if we had say, 7d8d?
    Posted by CLIOKID
    then you obviously get all your chips in as quick as possible, then you realise you want to bet more but dont have any more chips so you push your reluctant nan over the line as well and fist pump when you hit and your nan stops glaring at you.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : then you obviously get all your chips in as quick as possible, then you realise you want to bet more but dont have any more chips so you push your reluctant nan over the line as well and fist pump when you hit and your nan stops glaring at you.
    Posted by BlackFish3

I think if you run the numbers it'd still be a fold hu  ......... 
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : then you obviously get all your chips in as quick as possible, then you realise you want to bet more but dont have any more chips so you push your reluctant nan over the line as well and fist pump when you hit and your nan stops glaring at you.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I posted this as I wasn't sure. I was leaning towards a fold.

Only 3 guranteed outs to the nuts.

Could be well dominated.

JdTd is probably a call, well I'm not folding even if it is wrong :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : I posted this as I wasn't sure. I was leaning towards a fold. Only 3 guranteed outs to the nuts. Could be well dominated. JdTd is probably a call, well I'm not folding even if it is wrong :)
    Posted by CLIOKID

if the nut flush draw that dominates all other draws is a close fold, I think that btm pair and a fd will be a slightly less close fold. Remember that most of the hands that we are up against in both ranges will beat bottom pair so we are going to have to hit our flush or pair/trip up depending on what is live to win. Also if either villain has a bigger flush draw we are pooped drawing to two pair/trips if it's good.
  • edited May 2010

if he has 78dd you write a not so polite email to sky asking them to explain why there are 2 7d's in the deck. the fact that you have this takes out quite a few combo draws they could be shoving in here which makes it mroe of a fold. the only way this is a call is if your ace is good but its a 6way minraised pot so i highly doubt it.

• edited May 2010
    I'd well up and probably fold. It's close though. Imo you can justify both decisions and people have.
  • edited May 2010
    I'd well up and probably fold. It's close though. Imo you can justify both decisions and people have.
    Posted by pryce6

Wait do you mean dwell up as in thinking alot, or would this decision mean so much to you as for you to cry alot?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : Wait do you mean dwell up as in thinking alot, or would this decision mean so much to you as for you to cry alot?
    Posted by beaneh
    dwell mate. Missed out the D...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Okay, big draw, laid down........ : dwell mate. Missed out the D...
    Posted by pryce6
    Was thinking that you must take poker very personally to well up whenever your playing/making a decision :-P
  • edited May 2010
    this hand was on the club tonight. although they never got too deep into it i think Tikay and DP were quite surprised by Dohhhhhhh layin this down! so basically if you flop the pineapple draw CALL! ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    this hand was on the club tonight. although they never got too deep into it i think Tikay and DP were quite surprised by Dohhhhhhh layin this down! so basically if you flop the pineapple draw CALL! ;-)
    Posted by Eagle26

Is there anyway to watch these on t'internet when you want rather than trying to find it on a schedule?
  • edited May 2010
    w..t...f is a pineapple draw ?
  • edited May 2010
    w..t...f is a pineapple draw ?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lol i think u know?? if u dont u will have to ask JJ lol