You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On!

edited May 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi,

Today, with Rebuy & Add-On functionality now available for designated Sky Poker Tourneys, there will be a rather unusual £50 Freeroll at 2pm.

Its totally free to enter - obviously - but it will include the ability to have rebuys & an Add-On, at 50p per pop. Nobody is forced to have a rebuy or add-on, of course, so it's totally free if you so wish. To be honest, it's a good a way as any for players to test the new Rebuy & Add-On Functionality, to see how it all works. 

The Lobby says this.....

£50 Added Rebuy Freeroll. This tournament is free to enter but you can also make unlimited rebuys of 2000 chips for £0.50 when your balance is below your starting stack. 1 Add on allowed. 5 min blinds.

It is at 2pm today (1400 hours) & can be found at the very top of the "regular" Tourney Lobby. 

Comments

• edited May 2010

If anyone is unsure as to how Rebuys work, or the logic of "Add-Ons", even "what is an add-on, & why have one?", please just ask.

It's generally assumed that we all understand these things, but it's not always the case. And not everyone understands rebuy & add-on strategy, as to what is & is not "optimal" when deciding whether to rebuy, or add-on, or even the difference between the two.

For example, if you have quadruple average stack when the Add-On becomes available, do, or should, you take it?

Fire away, & I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers either from those who know what they are talking about, or even me.

• edited May 2010

Wow, it's only been in the Lobby 5 minutes or so, & has 37 runners already.

Here's a trick for you.

Anyone care to take a guess at how man rebuys & add-ons this Tourney will make?
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    zero rebuys, lol
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On!:
    zero rebuys, lol
    Posted by HAYLZ
    haha yesss !!! how cud I get it so wrong??? I was thinking it was a 50p to enter, then 50p per add on, of course its a freeroll!!

DOHH !!
  • edited May 2010

Are you all sure this is not a 56p rebuy tournament and after the 1st rebuy, the site will crash??

Looks like another fiasco to me but wish everyone well in what will be carnage in the 1st hour!...LOL
  • edited May 2010

Well im in it, so i'll be trying some things out depending on how i do....So about 20 re buys for me! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Are you all sure this is not a 56p rebuy tournament and after the 1st rebuy, the site will crash?? Looks like another fiasco to me but wish everyone well in what will be carnage in the 1st hour!...LOL
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Lol @ Alan. FIASCO!

No idea, to be honest, how this will pan out. As you know, Rebuys can be frantic things, with some players going for it, all-in every hand, & others playing quietly & pretty much sitting out until the Rebuy Period is over.

But I don't recall ever seeing a "Freeroll Rebuy (with Add-on)" before, so I'm quite intrigued to see how it pans out.

There is a sort of poker-wide "normal" ratio of rebuys to entrants, but I doubt that will apply to a Freeroll Rebuy, & I rather suspect that there will be quite a low Rebuy %, ditto with the Add-On. 

We shall see, soon enough. I'm quite excited by the whole thing, to be honest, even though I'm not a fan of rebuys, personally.

• edited May 2010

An hour to go, & 83 runners already!
  • edited May 2010
    rebuys are amazing.

would play this but im off out at 2.30 so no point :(

i assume that sky will do a proper main event rebuy at some point?  that'll be cool.
  • edited May 2010
    rebuys are amazing. would play this but im off out at 2.30 so no point :( i assume that sky will do a proper main event rebuy at some point?  that'll be cool.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Ryan,

I believe they will soon announce their initial schedule of Tourneys to which the Rebuy & Add-On facility will be available.

I think the plan is to ease them in gradually, to give everyone time to get the feel of the functionality, to get used to it, etc, then they'll evolve a structure which includes a fair balance of Rebuys & Freezeouts, so that there is something for everyone.

I think - rather than know - that once it's bedded in, they will start off with a Rebuy Tourney once an hour, within the existing Schedule, listen to feedback, then see how it goes from there.

For me, it's actually rather exciting. It's long overdue - of course it is - but gradually, all the pieces of the jigsaw are being fitted into place. It's incredibly complex to build one's own platform, as Sky Poker have, rather than bolt onto someone's else's existing network.  

Other "new toys" are imminent - very imminent. ;)

I was rather hoping you'd make the VLV Final via last Sunday night's semi - unlucky man. I saw a bit of your VLV Semi-Final play on the repeat Show last night, that A-7 Button hand v 9-9, how strange did that one play out?! 
  • edited May 2010

35 minutes still to go, & the number of entries so far is.....

• edited May 2010
    Just signed up for the first ever Sky Poker Rebuy...history in the making! Ha.

I think theres going to be 554 rebuys...
  • edited May 2010

Don't normally play MTT's but seeing as it's free be rude not to lol

• edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010

15 minutes to go & 177 have Reg'd.
  • edited May 2010
    You in tikay? 
  • edited May 2010
    You in tikay? 
    Posted by robc
    Err, no - I'm working!

To be honest, I'm not really sure it would be appropriate for me to play this Freeroll - there'd be murders if I happened to cash, as unlikely as that may be, as Clients might think it to be a bit out of order. It's VERY easy to offend Clients, & very hard to un-offend them!
  • edited May 2010
    got school run at 3 so cant play in this, but am glad to see re-buys here, as to freeroll with rebuy/add on I have seen it before, a rather large site i wont mention did a series of £1000 freeroll with rebuy for anyone living in uk.

Look forward to seeing what sort of rebuy tournaments they start off with.

Gareth
  • edited May 2010

3 minutes to go, & 229 registered. It'll probz make 250 Entries.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, I've registered. Whether it'll load up is a different matter. for some reason this PC can be a bit of a pig for some reason and my laptop which I use for playing sky poker threw it's virtual teddy out the pram last night and refuses to switch on.....
  • edited May 2010
    Just saw this and registered just in time after exiting the final table of a Bounty Hunter. It'll be new to me having never played a re-buy before.

Is this something new that's been enabled by the overnight software upgrade?
  • edited May 2010
    ok i was just wondering if you would be the type to go all in nearly every hand or rarely play a hand till the re buy period is over ;) tough question lol

tbh it didn't even cross my mind people might get offended. 

• edited May 2010

Hmmmm I just posted my big blind, down to 1,980 chips, expecting to have a 4k stack...

It topped me up to 2k! haha 50p for 20 chips! DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • edited May 2010
    Hmmmm I just posted my big blind, down to 1,980 chips, expecting to have a 4k stack... It topped me up to 2k! haha 50p for 20 chips! DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hahahahaha sorry, yeah id expect to have 4k as well
  • edited May 2010
    Hmmmm I just posted my big blind, down to 1,980 chips, expecting to have a 4k stack... It topped me up to 2k! haha 50p for 20 chips! DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    NOOOOOOOO! That's a little misleading JJ!

The Rebuy system is like the "topping-up" function on the Cash Tables. You cannot top up to more than the minimum threshold, if that makes sense.

In other words, if you had 2,000, Posted your  BB for 20, then pressed "Rebuy" (because you were able to, as you were below 2,000) & THEN won the hand, your Rebuy was NOT valid, & your 50p would be refunded immediately.

That make sense?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On! : hahahahaha sorry, yeah id expect to have 4k as well
    Posted by 35suited
    You WOULD have 4k - IF the Rebuy was valid. See my reply to Dohx7, please.
  • edited May 2010

15 minutes in, & the 242 runner Field is down to 196, but there have been 38 rebuys so far.

So the £50 Prize Pool is now (£50 + 38 x £0.50) = £69. So far.....;)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On! : NOOOOOOOO! That's a little misleading JJ! The Rebuy system is like the "topping-up" function on the Cash Tables. You cannot top up to more than the minimum threshold, if that makes sense.   In other words, if you had 2,000, Posted your  BB for 20, then pressed "Rebuy" (because you were able to, as you were below 2,000) & THEN won the hand, your Rebuy was NOT valid, & your 50p would be refunded immediately. That make sense?
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats a little strange, all other sites I know, you would av 4k, or 3980, and if you won the hand, your rebuy would simply not go through
  • edited May 2010
    yes tikay i did make a massive mistake on the VLV semi.  i levelled myself by thinkign too much about FE while listening to that fish Hartigan and pushed 30bb into cottlad BTN raise....

good to see you friday, i'm afraid that i didnt last much longer than you....i saw the cash table was opening just as the play resumed after the break so pushed 8k into a 3k pot to bust myself out....82 quid for 1 level of tournie poker i must hate money so much.