You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On!

124»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: £50 Freeroll at 2pm today - with optional Rebuys & Add-On!:
    for example looking at the prize list i was 6th out of 91  so when the message said credits may take up to 15 mins does that mean sky are settling the tory so the prizes a re paid as it stands?????????
    Posted by craftycarp
    I think it means they will refund anyone that has bought any rebuys and they will call the tourney null and void
  • edited May 2010
    Who ever was on Dohh's table can they please go back and help him out of the room as he's twice banged his head on the table trying to stand up.....
  • edited May 2010

Can I rebuy now then?......

Look what happens when you DONT drink DOH!   :)
  • edited May 2010

OK guys, here's the thing.

The Tourney was originally PAUSED, as one of the Tables had "frozen". It was important to be able to look at the problem in real-time, & the techies did exactly that.

This took a while, & eventully they decided to CANCEL the Tourney completely, rather than muck anyone about any further.

A message was placed in the Chat Box of every Table to inform players of this, though not everyone will have seen it.

They also promised to refund ALL Rebuys immediately. In fact, this did not happen immediately, due to technical issues, & is now being done manually. EVERYONE who had a Rebuy will get it refunded, in full, no messing, & it will be in your accounts as soon as the transfers are completed manually. Promise, honest injun.

Please assume, for now, & unless & until you hear otherwise, that the other Rebuys scheduled for today will not take place, as it's best to fix the problem properly, rather than just apply a band-aid. 

Needless to say, humble apologies all round.

I'm off to set up another night of Omaha Tourneys. It's less trouble. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    HI Everyone,

Sorry this was not a straightforward procedure.

All players who made a rebuy have been refunded their rebuy costs
    On top of this, all players remaining when the tournament was paused (and then settled) have been credited with their share of the £100 prizepool, based on their chipstacks.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience whilst this was resovled.

We've identified the problem which caused the table to freeze and we are working on the fix

Thanks again for your understanding

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited May 2010
    HI Everyone, Sorry this was not a straightforward procedure. All players who made a rebuy have been refunded their rebuy costs On top of this, all players remaining when the tournament was paused (and then settled) have been credited with their share of the £100 prizepool, based on their chipstacks. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience whilst this was resovled. We've identified the problem which caused the table to freeze and we are working on the fix Thanks again for your understanding Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    I WAS JUST CHANGING GEARS AND PULLING THE TRIGGER ;0)
  • edited May 2010

I think these tourhys will be a great success whenever you get it up and running properly,i was sitting on over 15K whenever it paused,always next time,looking forward to it.Keep up the good work Tikay and thanks for your response to my question.derk28

• edited May 2010
    I think these tourhys will be a great success whenever you get it up and running properly,i was sitting on over 15K whenever it paused,always next time,looking forward to it.Keep up the good work Tikay and thanks for your response to my question.derk28
    Posted by derk2827
    You are most welcome Mr Derk, & thank you.

I have very left-field views on how we should handle the sort of glitches we experienced yesterday, I'm pretty much out of step with the rest of the world in truth. If something goes wrong, get the reply in quickly, honestly, with a bit of humour, & under no circumstances indulge in Corporate-Speak.

"We've got a prob, we are on the case, it's a bit embarrassing, sorry", sorta thing.

The issue with the Lobby Timeouts was a good case in point. The questions were reasonably & well-posed, & deserved a reply in kind. I spoke with the suits, they realised that they had created a problem which could easily be rectified, so they came up with a solution - next case!

The oddity about yesterday is that on FB, at least 8 people wrote to me & told me that they were chip-leader at the time the Tourney was paused! And one Gentleman on FB kicked up a shocking fuss about it - though he was banned from the Site a long time ago!

• edited May 2010
    There's nowt so strange as folk Tikay and that's a fact. Take care,

Mike.