You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Many of the changes to the Tournament Schedule have now been implemented, & are live in the Lobby.

As with Tescos, or Sainsburys, when they move things round in the Store, it takes some getting used to, & it's rarely to everyone's taste.

Hopefully, it will, overall, be judged as an improvement when judged over a period of a month or so.

Timings of some otherwise unchanged Tourneys have also been adjusted in some cases, to give balance to the schedule, & avoid "clashes". 

In the interim, if anyone has feedback on the changes, anything that you particularly like or dilike, any "errors" you feel may have been made, Post them on this thread please, & I'll ensure that Suit-City get to see them.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Loved the £22 deepie last night and the sticky for it really helped. If we can gets sats for it, then numbers should go upwards. The start time worked really well too.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey there Tikay - hope things are good over at Sky Poker HQ. My first forum post so please excuse the lack of tech knowledge/jargon etc.

On the question of tournament schedules - I am a new recruit, both to Sky and online poker in general but what I have noticed so far is that many of the freerolls seem to start at 7pm (could be wrong here so apologies if so). Without wishing for you to get the violins out, after commuting home from work, helping to put the kids to bed etc etc it is not really feasible for me to enter anything starting pre 8pm. I would imagine that many others are in a similar position?

Would it be possible to have more at a later start slot?

Anyway all the best and hopefully I'll cross swords with you at some point on the tables.

Cheers
    S
  • edited June 2010
    Is there anywhere that we can view the tourney schedule at a glance other than the lobby?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.:
    Hey there Tikay - hope things are good over at Sky Poker HQ. My first forum post so please excuse the lack of tech knowledge/jargon etc. On the question of tournament schedules - I am a new recruit, both to Sky and online poker in general but what I have noticed so far is that many of the freerolls seem to start at 7pm (could be wrong here so apologies if so). Without wishing for you to get the violins out, after commuting home from work, helping to put the kids to bed etc etc it is not really feasible for me to enter anything starting pre 8pm. I would imagine that many others are in a similar position? Would it be possible to have more at a later start slot? Anyway all the best and hopefully I'll cross swords with you at some point on the tables. Cheers S
    Posted by Spider555
    Hi spider, welcome to the web.

I don't really know what times the Freerolls are scheduled, to be honest, but I imagine they are scheduled strategically, as Sky Poker are a commercial entity, so I imagine that when they give money away, which is what Freerolls are, (in exchange for encouraging Clients to play on the Site), they try to ensure they get good "value" for them.

Nonetheless, you make a fair point, & you make it well, if I may say so. When the thread has got some legs, I'll send it across to the Suits, & I hope they take on board your comments.

I hope you run good at the Tables!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.:
    Is there anywhere that we can view the tourney schedule at a glance other than the lobby?
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Hi Flippy,

Not that I am aware of, though others may correct me there.

The "problem" is that there are so many Tourneys, & now, with the introduction of Omaha & Omaha Hi-Lo, the Tourneys are spread across 3 variants, so it's not easy to list them outside of the Lobby, the List would be huge.

Maybe it is something we could put together. One issue is that the schedule is, & needs to remain, dynamic, so the List would need to be constantly updated to reflect this.

Was there any particular type of Tourney you were interested in? 
  • edited June 2010
    Hi tikay

How did your live game go last night please?, It is very rare that I use the schedule for regular tournies, I tend to have a look what games are due up when I sign in on the day.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tikay,

I think you are aware that I am, by preference, a deepie and in particular the 7.15 each week night with a possible look at the 8.15 on a Friday and Saturday as a lie in the following day can usually be achieved.

I don't understand how these things work - is there a finite number of tourament that the site can manage at the same time??  Is it done purely on profit to the company??  Anyway, I am disappointed to see that the Deep Stacks are being squeezed out of the schedules.  First to go were any prior to the 7.15 (even at weekends); now the Monday 7.15 Stack has gone too!

With the exception of the 8.15 stack, with a guarantee of £100 prize money, the others were purely a 'share out the winnings between x players dependant on the numbers entered'.  Therefore I just don't understand why they had to go?  I can only surmise that it is that the site cannot run more than a certain number of tournaments at the same time but there seems now to be an emphasis on much higher buy in tournaments than ones where a bunch of friends can have a relaxing couple of hours playing poker after a day at work.

It is disappointing but I strongly suspect that the number of people who are disappointed, like me, will not add up to enough to make any difference.
  • edited June 2010
    theres a 7.15 deepy today tvspice
  • edited June 2010
    Hi tikay How did your live game go last night please?, It is very rare that I use the schedule for regular tournies, I tend to have a look what games are due up when I sign in on the day.
    Posted by acebarry10
    I was back Online well before Midnight, so "hopeless" is the answer. Oddly, I had been invited by Lisa-Marie & Rich Orford to go to The Vic & play the £50 Freezeout there, but I had to decline their kind invite, as I do not ever play at The Vic, & have not done so for many years, on a matter of principle.

And as it happened, Lisa-Marie ended up chopping it, & took £1,500 I think.  
  • edited June 2010
    theres a 7.15 deepy today tvspice
    Posted by 35suited
    Mmmm, yes, thank you I saw that but also noticed that while the number of these tournaments has shrunk markedly, there are two Omaha hi/lo tournaments per hour!!!!!!! 
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread. : I was back Online well before Midnight, so "hopeless" is the answer. Oddly, I had been invited by Lisa-Marie & Rich Orford to go to The Vic & play the £50 Freezeout there, but I had to decline their kind invite, as I do not ever play at The Vic, & have not done so for many years, on a matter of principle. And as it happened, Lisa-Marie ended up chopping it, & took £1,500 I think.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Many thanks for the answer, I do remember you saying something about declining the invite, we both know that varience will change for the good at some point, both online and live :)
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tikay, I think you are aware that I am, by preference, a deepie and in particular the 7.15 each week night with a possible look at the 8.15 on a Friday and Saturday as a lie in the following day can usually be achieved. I don't understand how these things work - is there a finite number of tourament that the site can manage at the same time??  Is it done purely on profit to the company??  Anyway, I am disappointed to see that the Deep Stacks are being squeezed out of the schedules.  First to go were any prior to the 7.15 (even at weekends); now the Monday 7.15 Stack has gone too! With the exception of the 8.15 stack, with a guarantee of £100 prize money, the others were purely a 'share out the winnings between x players dependant on the numbers entered'.  Therefore I just don't understand why they had to go?  I can only surmise that it is that the site cannot run more than a certain number of tournaments at the same time but there seems now to be an emphasis on much higher buy in tournaments than ones where a bunch of friends can have a relaxing couple of hours playing poker after a day at work. It is disappointing but I strongly suspect that the number of people who are disappointed, like me, will not add up to enough to make any difference.
    Posted by TVSpice
    Hi Spice,

Now that Post is EXACTLY what this thread was designed for, containing as it does a whole range of questions & concerns.

I will try & work through them bit by bit, so bear with me please.

You asked.....

".....is there a finite number of tourament that the site can manage at the same time??....." 

No. There could be as many as they, or the Clients, wished. But the Schedule just gets bigger & bigger over time, & becomes increasingly cluttered, & hard to navigate, so from time to time, like a handbag that gradually fills with all sorts of unused bits & pieces, (I speak from experience....) they cull some stuff. In some cases, perhaps mistakenly. 

"....Is it done purely on profit to the company??...." 

As I'm sure you know, everything that a good company does is aimed at optimising financial returns - that is the fiduciary duty of the Shareholders & Directors. To do that, they try to please their Clients, give them what they want, at a fair price, with innovative & fresh ideas from time to time, & USP's. So, the answer is, yes & no, really - basically, it is done to give Customer Satisfaction, which is the best means to improve the returns to the Company.

"Deepstacks squeezed out...."

To begin, I think you mean "the affordable ones". And yes, the Monday one did disappear last night, & that was because there was an increasingly pent-up demand for the return of the "old" £22 Deepie, as noted in several threads. Stunningly, to everyone's surprise the field was an awesome 66 runners - so, to be fair, it has to be said, that was a good decision. Unless, of course, it was outside the pockets of many - & I agree & know, it WAS. So, what to do?

Well I think it would be wrong, & slightly dangerous, to schedule TWO Deepies to start at the same time, one at £2.20 or £5.50, the other at £22, as there would be a danger of people entering the wrong one, beyond their bankroll means. 

I note that tonight, there is  £2.20 at 19.15, a £5.50 at 20.15, and a £2.20 at 21.15. I assume this will repeat nightly (though I'm not 100% on that), so can I assume that you would be happy if that were the case? I think your main issue here is the £2.20 Deepie at 19.15 - if it is on 6 nights a week (every night except Monday, say) would that be good?

Your other issue is Deepies through the day, if I understand you correctly. This is actually an interesting point, as you allude to the fact that a bunch of regulars just enjoyed these for the "chill factor". They had no Guaranteed Prize Pools, but they are very important to the regulars who play them, as they are a sort of social get-together, & of course, cost nothing to stage, as they are not Guaranteed. I don't make decisions around here, I'm the water-carrier, but apart from the overall issue of an over-cluttered Lobby, I agree with you 100%, & see no reason why they could not be retained. I shall ask Suit City to consider this, but please give me a few days so we can collate all the feedback in one go. 

"....I can only surmise that it is that the site cannot run more than a certain number of tournaments at the same time..."

I can understand why you would think that, but as explained above, that's not the case.

".... but there seems now to be an emphasis on much higher buy in tournaments than ones where a bunch of friends can have a relaxing couple of hours playing poker after a day at work..."

Again, I can understand why you would think that, but I'd respectfully suggest it is not so. To my mind there is no reason why you should not be able to have both.

There is an increasing clamour from Sky Poker players for higher buy-in Tourneys, & to my mind the higher buy-in players on this site have been starved of Tourneys, almost discriminated against, so that had to be addressed. 66 Runners for last night's £22 Deepie makes its own statement.

BUT......

That does not mean the Regulars who enjoy chilling in the £2.20 & £5.50 Deepies should be denied their wish, & I'm happy - very happy - to argue that case long & hard if need be. The bedrock of the Site is it's Community, the regulars who play the Tournies you mention, & Sky Poker will never neglect them. If they need reminding of that from time to time - & I don't think they do - I will, most certainly, carry that torch.

So, let me invert this. What schedule of Deepies would YOU most like? I'm not saying it's possible, but I'm pretty sure they need to address the concerns you have raised, & if you can be more specific, if gives me something to take upstairs.

"....It is disappointing but I strongly suspect that the number of people who are disappointed, like me, will not add up to enough to make any difference....."

On that, I must disagree. EVERY Client matters, & if it's feasible, I'm sure Sky Poker will try to accommodate all reasonable requests. As I said at the top of the thread, the schedule is new, it's not cast in stone, they need feedback, (which was why I began the Thread), which you have given. There is not a single facet of the new Schedules which cannot be changed if need be.

Does that address all your concerns? Also, please note that question as to your "Deepie Wish List".

Great post, which allowed me to explain many things - thank you.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread. : Mmmm, yes, thank you I saw that but also noticed that while the number of these tournaments has shrunk markedly, there are two Omaha hi/lo tournaments per hour!!!!!!! 
    Posted by TVSpice
    I confess to some guilt about that. I've been carrying my own little Hi-Lo Omaha Tourney torch, as I think it's such a beautiful game, & that soon, many players will come to experience them, & love them. To that end, I'm trying to improve our Hi-lo education & training Content, & even trying to organise basic Mentoring of it.

But I take your point. Basically, I want Sky Poker to be all things to all men. And women, of course. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tikay,

Don't know if it is possible but could the Lobby be divided into 3.

1. NLHE

2. PLO

3. PLO8Hi/Lo

Then each sub-looby divided into different sections i.e. tournaments sitngo's and cash?

Just a thought

Steve
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Tikay,  Don't know if it is possible but could the Lobby be divided into 3. 1. NLHE 2. PLO 3. PLO8Hi/Lo Then each sub-looby divided into different sections i.e. tournaments sitngo's and cash? Just a thought Steve
    Posted by bigbiker22
    Thanks Steve.

In short - it already is divided in the manner you suggest, but you can "tailor it" to suit your own taste.

The Main Lobby can be set to "ALL", "Hold'em", "Omaha" & "Omaha Hi-Lo" - that's FOUR seperate Lobbies.

It is also divided, as above, into "Tournaments", "Sit and Go" & "Cash Game", again via Tabs at the top of the page.

If I could do a screenshot, I'd show you. But I can't, I'm hopeless with this new-fangled internetz.

Just click the Tabs at the Top of the Lobby to choose which one suits you best.

• edited June 2010
    Tikay,

Many many thanks for such a considered reply.  It is really appreciated by me (and I suspect many others who may have had similar questions).

I have a couple of responses at this time, if I may?  It is to the following:

Your other issue is Deepies through the day, if I understand you correctly. This is actually an interesting point, as you allude to the fact that a bunch of regulars just enjoyed these for the "chill factor". They had no Guaranteed Prize Pools, but they are very important to the regulars who play them, as they are a sort of social get-together, & of course, cost nothing to stage, as they are not Guaranteed. I don't make decisions around here, I'm the water-carrier, but apart from the overall issue of an over-cluttered Lobby, I agree with you 100%, & see no reason why they could not be retained. I shall ask Suit City to consider this, but please give me a few days so we can collate all the feedback in one go. 

I cannot speak for others and am guessing that the number of daytime Deepstacks during the 'working week' were largely empty.  However, in another post (on the Poker Tournament thread) I asked if it might be possible to bring back the daytime Deepies at the weekend, if only from noon onwards?  Others may ask for different options, especially those who work weekends etc but I wondered if this might be a fair compromise?

The other point related to the Monday night £22 Deepie.  Congratulations on the success and I hope that it continues.  I have no wish to be selfish.  However I have a solution to keep all happy if I may?  I noticed from the field that virtually all of the entrants last night are not those who play the 7.15.  No real surprise there as the buy in difference is considerable.  I wondered if there could be both with a 30 min gap (either way) between the two - so perhaps the £2.20 at the normal time of 7.15, the £22 at 7.45 and the £5.50 at 8.15 then back on track again.

Again, thank you for your very detailed and considered response.

Spicey!
    xxx
  • edited June 2010
    One thing I'd love to see is sng satelittes for tournaments.  Players can they register when they are able to play and they can fill up accordingly.  
  • edited June 2010
    bounty hunter
    satellite
    speed
    bounty hunter
    satellite
    speed
    scary
    satellite
    bounty hunter
    speed
    satellite
    bounty hunter
    one minute roulette

everybody happy oo la la la la la laggghhhhhhh

can we have some stupid tournaments, just to get the mix right?
  • edited June 2010
    the 11.15 deep stack was a popular tournie, with a good field--GONE--- now there is a deep stack at 9.15, and another one at 3.15 in the flopwit morning!!--- Sky wants us to play stupid donkey quickfire poker, that is no different from bingo!!!--- pathetic--- tunbridge wells
  • edited June 2010
    £50 BH ScaryHoldemNL£5.75001 Jun 21:50
     Omaha B/HunterOmahaPL£2.30001 Jun 21:50
     Omaha HiLo 6 MaxOmaha H/LPL£5.50201 Jun 21:55
     £1000 Gtd VelocityHoldemNL£5.50001 Jun 22:00
     £12k Sports SemiHoldemNL£4.80501 Jun 22:00
     £100 GuaranteedHoldemNL£11001 Jun 22:05
     Bounty HunterHoldemNL£2.30001 Jun 22:10
     £30 GuaranteedOmahaPL£5.50001 Jun 22:20
     Omaha HiLo 6 MaxOmaha H/LPL£11001 Jun 22:25
     £750 Bounty HunterHoldemNL£11001 Jun 22:30
     £60 Guaranteed.HoldemNL£11001 Jun 22:35
     £120 Gtd SpeedHoldemNL£1.10001 Jun 22:35
     £300 Bounty HunterHoldemNL£22001 Jun 22:45
     Bounty HunterHoldemNL£2.30001 Jun 22:50
     Omaha B/HunterOmahaPL£2.30001 Jun 22:50
     Omaha HiLo 6 MaxOmaha H/LPL£3.30001 Jun 22:55
     £200 Bounty HunterHoldemNL£11001 Jun 23:00
     £500 Gtd VelocityHoldemNL£5.50001 Jun 23:10
     £100 GuaranteedHoldemNL£11001 Jun 23:15
     Omaha HiLo 6 MaxOmaha H/LPL£5.50001 Jun 23:25
     £400 Speed BHunterHoldemNL£5.75001 Jun 23:30
     £300 Speed BHunterHoldemNL£22001 Jun 23:45
     £50 Gtd SpeedHoldemNL£3.30001 Jun 23:45
     Omaha B/HunterOmahaPL£2.30001 Jun 23:50
     Omaha HiLo 6 MaxOmaha H/LPL£1.10001 Jun 23:55
     £300 Gtd SpeedHoldemNL£11002 Jun 00:00
     Speed B/HunterHoldemNL£2.30002 Jun 00:00
     Omaha B/HunterOmahaPL£2.30002 Jun 00:50
     £60 Gtd SpeedHoldemNL£2.20002 Jun 01:45
  • edited June 2010
    could somebody tell me which one of these tournies is worth playing? I really am quite confused you know!
  • edited June 2010
    could somebody tell which one of these tournies is worth playing? I really am quite confused you know!
    Posted by oynutter
    Hummm .. Ive looked but dont understand ? 
    Why dosen't the lobby say  what  are 6  seaters and what are 10  seaters, or are they  all  6 seated  ?
  • edited June 2010
    Tikay, Many many thanks for such a considered reply.  It is really appreciated by me (and I suspect many others who may have had similar questions). I have a couple of responses at this time, if I may?  It is to the following: Your other issue is Deepies through the day, if I understand you correctly. This is actually an interesting point, as you allude to the fact that a bunch of regulars just enjoyed these for the "chill factor". They had no Guaranteed Prize Pools, but they are very important to the regulars who play them, as they are a sort of social get-together, & of course, cost nothing to stage, as they are not Guaranteed. I don't make decisions around here, I'm the water-carrier, but apart from the overall issue of an over-cluttered Lobby, I agree with you 100%, & see no reason why they could not be retained. I shall ask Suit City to consider this, but please give me a few days so we can collate all the feedback in one go.  I cannot speak for others and am guessing that the number of daytime Deepstacks during the 'working week' were largely empty.  However, in another post (on the Poker Tournament thread) I asked if it might be possible to bring back the daytime Deepies at the weekend, if only from noon onwards?  Others may ask for different options, especially those who work weekends etc but I wondered if this might be a fair compromise? The other point related to the Monday night £22 Deepie.  Congratulations on the success and I hope that it continues.  I have no wish to be selfish.  However I have a solution to keep all happy if I may?  I noticed from the field that virtually all of the entrants last night are not those who play the 7.15.  No real surprise there as the buy in difference is considerable.  I wondered if there could be both with a 30 min gap (either way) between the two - so perhaps the £2.20 at the normal time of 7.15, the £22 at 7.45 and the £5.50 at 8.15 then back on track again. Again, thank you for your very detailed and considered response. Spicey! xxx
    Posted by TVSpice
    Thank you Spicey.

My apologies, but I never saw the Post you referred to on another Thread - I don't seem to be able to find time to read all the different "Boards".

Both the suggestions you make seem eminently sensible, practical, & do-able to me, so hopefully the Suits will take heed. 

For the avoidance of doubt, & clarity, I believe you are saying.

Weekends - have some affordable Deepies from noon onwards, through the afternoons.

Mondy night - retain the £2.20 Deepie, but move it from 7.15 to 7.45, to avoid clashing with the Monday Night £22 Deepie at 7.15.

Once the feedback has achieved some mass, I'll send it up upstairs & then we'll have to see what they say. They may already be reading it, for all we know. Spooky.......;)

Enjoy your Deepies this evening. Quite soon, you'll be playing Omaha, & Hi-Lo, I hope! 
  • edited June 2010
    I have to agree with Oynutter. I love playing mtts but would NOT play any of those that he has listed.  
    Can there be just normal mtts throughout the day and night? NOT 95% BOUNTY HUNTERS AND SATELITTES.
  • edited June 2010
    the last deep stack is 9.15-- the next one is 3.15 am-- I have never seen anyone play that one-- I think sky is trying to tell us something---ie-- WE WANT DONKEYS!!
  • edited June 2010
    velocity is a bit of fun imo, lets not make sky like all the other sites plzzzzz, lets keep some speed torns and some more small buy in torns!!!
  • edited June 2010
    SPEED BOUNTY HUNTER--LOL-- what kind of flopwit stupid tournie is that?--donkey derby!!-- this fits in perfectly with sky's "current business model"---- INNIT!!
  • edited June 2010
    velocity is a bit of fun imo, lets not make sky like all the other sites plzzzzz, lets keep some speed torns and some more small buy in torns!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    bingo is "a bit of fun"-- most of us want to play poker
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Never worry Micky, they know a lot of players like these, & they will always be part of the Schedule.

The trick is to ensure there is something for all tastes, & that is what they are trying to do, as they always have done.
  • edited June 2010
    I have to agree with Oynutter. I love playing mtts but would NOT play any of those that he has listed.   Can there be just normal mtts throughout the day and night? NOT 95% BOUNTY HUNTERS AND SATELITTES.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Orford teach you Maths, did he, Phil? 95%?

But the straight answer, I imagine, is "no" - because many people enjoy the variety, some like the ones you don't like, & vice-versa.

BH's & Velocities are not to my taste, as it happens, but a little tolerance & understanding of the wishes of others is necessary, & not unreasonable, imo.

PS - Very well done on the £22 last night - some turnout that! And to think it was not even on the Schedule until mid-afternoon!