You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Just one thing to add to Aski's epic post.

There are already filters to view tournaments by size of buy-in.

These are located at the bottom of the list of tournaments and are classified as:

High                          £10 and above?
    Medium                     £5?
    Low                           £1 to £3?
    Micro                         Less than £1?

I'm guessing at the amounts based on a quick check done on current tournaments.

• edited June 2010
    aha I see them now

Cheers Vince, never noticed them down there before

Basically with that setup as it is, they could achieve everything I mentioned in my post above.

All they would need to do is tidy the "Regular" section up, so as not to include those tournies already filtered elsewhere, tidy the "All " section up so that your not inundated with a long list of regular tournies , and then just put on more tournies to suit both bankroll and preferred format

Aski :)

• edited June 2010
    I feel very much the same as TV SPICE on the subject of deep stacks,yes i could see why sky withdrew the d/s during the weekdays .But im sure there is room on this site for all types of poker games and at all different levels of peoples bank balances.As i have already posted  my concerns for d/s tourneys under a different heading there is no need for me to repeat it here.But im sure there must be away for sky to sort this problem out please can you just leave our d/s alone and im talking about the £2-20 ones and if you must move some tournys around please dont move these tournys.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi aski, please don't confuse the technical team at this very difficult time, thanks--lol
  • edited June 2010
    lol ok nutter

how about I delete the last line of my post, do you think that would help ;)

Aski :)
  • edited June 2010

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, I was busy in the Studio all day yesterday, & am otherwise engaged on various stuff today, so have not had opportunity to comment further on your feedback, almost all of which is both excellent, & constructive. It really is a  superb way of hearing your concerns & ideas, & also explaining the "why & what" as to some things that happen, so keep it coming please.

But I have had quite a bit of feedback from the Suits, who are monitoring the thread daily, & I will Post it up on here as soon as I can, either later today or tomorrow. Some of it is a bit of an eye-opener!

Thank you.
  • edited June 2010
    seems to me that the vast majority of sky players only have a small bankroll--- The 1 quid tournaments are only availiable in the early morning

can sky not see that players with a small bankroll are mostly inherrently lazy, good for nothing layabouts, that would prefer these 1 quid tournaments to run in the afternoon?

seriously though, it would be great to see more of these tournies for the small stakes players
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.:
    seems to me that the vast majority of sky players only have a small bankroll--- The 1 quid tournaments are only availiable in the early morning  can sky not see that players with a small bankroll are mostly inherrently lazy, good for nothing layabouts, that would prefer these 1 quid tournaments to run in the afternoon?  seriously though, it would be great to see more of these tournies for the small stakes players
    Posted by oynutter
    Good Post, & I will most certainly pass that on.

I'm not sure it's correct or fair to say that "the vast majority of Sky Poker players only have a small bankroll", but it would be entirely true to say that a significant proportion do.

The biggest Tourney fields on Sky Poker are for the evening Main Event, the cost of which varies from £11 up to £33 (plus a few bigger ones) & these all get 300+, so meeting the wishes of the whole range of players here is something of a neat balancing trick, as the Schedule needs to fill both ends of the range, & the bit in the middle.
  • edited June 2010
    Nice one tikay-- but the biggest field of runners on sky is actually the 20 quid freeroll--lol
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread.:
    In Response to Re: Tourney Schedules - All Change! Please Post Feedback on this thread. : Good Post, & I will most certainly pass that on. I'm not sure it's correct or fair to say that "the vast majority of Sky Poker players only have a small bankroll", but it would be entirely true to say that a significant proportion do. The biggest Tourney fields on Sky Poker are for the evening Main Event, the cost of which varies from £11 up to £33 (plus a few bigger ones) & these all get 300+, so meeting the wishes of the whole range of players here is something of a neat balancing trick, as the Schedule needs to fill both ends of the range, & the bit in the middle.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can I deduce that, although you are not sure that the majority have a small bankroll, you do agree that those that do are inherrently lazy, good for nothing layabouts--lol
  • edited June 2010

As I noted earlier today, the thread is being monitored & studied by the guys who are responsible for the scheduling.

There has been quite a lot of comment on the Thread about the "regular" scheduled Deepies.

It's recognized, I think, that these attract a certain type of player - in many cases, almost a "social tourney", where a bunch of regulars play a little poker, all seem to know each other, & spend as much time chatting as playing. Count me in to that fan club, as it happens, though of late, my time has been diverted to other things.

However, to get the whole "Deepie" scene in context, I have below Cut & Pasted an entire 24 hour schedule of Deepies from a random date in April.

As you will see, more than half of them were cancelled, due to lack of runners. So, in an effort to de-clutter the Lobby, & make space for Tourneys which appeal to more players (good for the players, AND for the Site, obv), many of these have been culled. By the bye, the 22.15 Deepie did not run on Tuesday, due to an oversight, but it has been reinstated now.  

Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 00:15:0015 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 02:15:0011 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 03:15:004 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 04:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 05:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 06:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 07:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 08:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 09:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 10:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 11:15:004 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 12:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 13:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 14:15:004 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 15:15:002 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 16:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 17:15:000 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 18:15:003 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 19:15:0033 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 19:30:000 / 10001.00 / 10.000£100 Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 20:15:0020 / 2500.50 / 5.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 21:15:0036 / 5000.20 / 2.000Deep StackIClosedTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 22:15:0031 / 15000.20 / 2.000Deep StackICancelledTexas HoldemScheduled2010-04-24 23:15:000 / 15000.20 / 2.000

There is no desire to remove Deepies from the schedule, none at all, & if it can be shown there is demand for more, or to introduce ones at certain times on specific days (weekends, for example) this is entirely do-able.

Feel free to feed back on this.

Thanks.
  • edited June 2010

The Omaha & Omaha Hi-Lo Tourney schedules have been comprehensively revised.

They now both follow the same pattern - £3.30, £5.50, & £11 Tourneys in rotation, with the High Only, & Hi-Lo timetables scheduled so as not to clash.

An oddity of both is that the smaller Tourneys (£1.10) almost never ran - EXCEPT for when I did my "themed evenings", & then we get 50 or 60! Not sure what to make of that - when players are "invited" to play them, they do, & it seems to be enjoyed, but if no "driving" is done, they just don't get runners.

New to the schedule are £11 High Only Omaha Tourneys, which, personally, I'm delighted to see, though I appreciate we all have different bankrolls & tastes. It will take some time to build liquidity in these, but it won't be for lack of enthusiasm or effort on my part.

So, my next two "themed" Evenings will major on Omaha High, & Omaha Hi-Lo, Tourneys. Whether both can be done in one evening is a moot point, as personally, I find it achingly difficult to play both at the same time. With the starting hand criteria of each so incredibly different, (though you'd not know it to watch some players!) the potential for accidents is awesome.

Any constructive comments specific to the Omaha, & Omaha High-low schedules appreciated.
  • edited June 2010
    most of the ones that were cancelled were from 3.15 am to 10.15 am-- there is no-one playing at these times--last night there was 34 players seated at 3.15 am

I think the deep stacks will get a great revival when the download version comes out-- A lot of players won't risk two tables open when they are playing a big tournie, but with the download, I for one would like to play a deep stack all the time, and other tournies at the same time
  • edited June 2010

Things we take for granted?

It seems that not everyone is aware of the various means there are of "filtering" the Lobbies, particulrly the Tourney & SNG Lobbies, though the same applies, to a lesser degree, with the Cash Game Lobby.

The Lobbies have various tabs at the top to show, as you desire, simply by a single click.....

All

HoldEm

Omaha

Omaha Hi-Lo

Underneath those 4 Tabs, are futher sub-tabs, via which you can see, specifically, if you so wish.....

All

Regular

Televised (tables which will or MAY be sceened on 865)

Rebuys (currently empty, but all ready for when they are introduced)

Bounty Hunter

Speed

Satellites

Freeroll

Each of these can then be further shuffled, simply by clicking....

Name

Buy-in

Players ((# of)

Status (time & date)

Clicking any of those puts them in number, time or date order.

Finally, at the very bottom of the Lobby, there is a line of "Stake" tabs, being......

High

Medium

Low

Micro

To the right of these, there is a "REG ONLY" box, for which the default srting is a green tick - meaning you can ONLY see Tourneys which have yet to start. To see Tourneys "in running", simply unclick this green tick.

To the right of that there is a "filter" box. I have no idea what that does. ;)

Probably you knew all that, but hopefully, it might help some of you decode the mysteries of the Lobby. 
  • edited June 2010
    The Omaha & Omaha Hi-Lo Tourney schedules have been comprehensively revised. They now both follow the same pattern - £3.30, £5.50, & £11 Tourneys in rotation, with the High Only, & Hi-Lo timetables scheduled so as not to clash. An oddity of both is that the smaller Tourneys (£1.10) almost never ran - EXCEPT for when I did my "themed evenings", & then we get 50 or 60! Not sure what to make of that - when players are "invited" to play them, they do, & it seems to be enjoyed, but if no "driving" is done, they just don't get runners. New to the schedule are £11 High Only Omaha Tourneys, which, personally, I'm delighted to see, though I appreciate we all have different bankrolls & tastes. It will take some time to build liquidity in these, but it won't be for lack of enthusiasm or effort on my part. So, my next two "themed" Evenings will major on Omaha High, & Omaha Hi-Lo, Tourneys. Whether both can be done in one evening is a moot point, as personally, I find it achingly difficult to play both at the same time. With the starting hand criteria of each so incredibly different, (though you'd not know it to watch some players!) the potential for accidents is awesome. Any constructive comments specific to the Omaha, & Omaha High-low schedules appreciated.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its a shame about the 1.10 tourney as it was one i used to play in around the 8.30 mark when on-line. It is a tourney that people can learn without damaging their BR
    I do believe that the chances of the £11 pound one getting any runners would be a surprise at the moment as its fairly new.

If it is down to someone pushing these tourneys then i don't mind helping in that area when I'm around

Squawks
  • edited June 2010
    no offence 2 any1 on sky but omaha didnt really kick off so why has hi lo been introduced?? i found omaha more bad beatty (lol my saying) than holdem because most players (including myself) couldn't play Omaha let alone hi low, the money cold of been spent on getting some foreign customers in imo
  • edited June 2010
    its the same with deepies, put a deepstack smaller blinds i bet it doubles  in runners!!!