You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Enter the Community World Cup fantasty football here!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    liverlyoutsiders is my footy team i am luiron but still pending
  • edited June 2010
    team name stevies stars alias ggo12
  • edited June 2010
    Remember any team manager who has not posted thier poker alias by the end of the group stages will have thier team removed from the league.

Alias received so far =

BrrrrrrrFoxes Forevermmad3104MMADS MANIACSScottieBScottlandANDYTAYLORKung Fu PandasDTWBANDITskippy;s blue banditosmrhappy38eason11bigbiker22Hutchies Heroesangel351JulesRimetgoodylad21I've got big toesdonkeyplopPLOPSDONKEYSBADBOY985ONE ALAN BILEYDarntootinHouse of KoemansRatboy71Mellow CapellovaigretGarryowen Boys ClubNorbitNorbit's NinjasBarcagazzaTHE UP IN ATEMS35suitedLaws Legendsmonkey123monkey123ckdckd cup winnerszepredatorpre8orsSkyRichChicken KievBuster69Ratty's RockersemilyeggOne Month WondersStueyhBANJOS BANDITSCookie83Spirit of 66QDMCGRAWBeware of the DrogARR9DINAARRISDFCajbrown7AlexBFCMP33The Brackenbury MassiveBig Le(z)L.A.J.E.Rshifter1shifters hopefulsMICKYBLUEmickybluesdubmasterdubmasterutduncleonionaffrica bachDOHHHHHHHTeam DOHHHHHHHWAINBARBERRep of henrys HandirelandFishBonewet ragsCAIRNSYENGLANDS DREAMIRISHROVERIRISHROVERSMYSHARKY66 2010STEVEMAXLeicester Losersbaconc87Pigs Might Flyrampantrozwelsh sheepSdodgerDodgerlandsue69top of the worldtorryboytorryMr MiyagiThe Dead Hand Ganglabrat64labrat's lotchubbersChubbers unitedACAGoalacticosCOCASIRFReadies Rounderssandman290sporting camelot1981MATTworldcup wonderskianalexthe kidchipmunk10chipmunks r uschumpschumpst1poollfcTony;s red armysqueakerEandGlandjammedwonderwomans warriorsmerrydownNO SUBS NOSURRENDER1arnaceA.R.N nuttersWSOPwood 1966balamorie1silver striker'sQuacka7Sofa King Easykitkat593CATZILLAmonaghan01RACING RAHARNEYtubelfc27tube fcbeginluckworld enforcers xitheebiff28THEEBIFFphilthemilphilthemillHITMAN RVHarveys HitmencopolaGhetto Allstarsfunky80chipps chippersmitchell86winkers tinkersKevilfishFC Kevilfishggo12stevies starsLUIRONliverlyoutsiders   
  • edited June 2010
    Standings so far in Fantasy Football Private Leagues

1FISO League663
    2Fantasy Football Scout589
    3Poohs League562
    4Sky Poker League (please post alias with your team name on forum or team will be removed) 553
    Top 5 Teams of EACH league added together.

Keep Up The Great Work Team

Y.N.W.A
  • edited June 2010
    Moved into 2nd today, mainly after 3 clean sheets yesterday.

Looks like some of the early front runners peaked to soon with their subs. New batch of subs eligilble soon though, so we'll see what happens!
  • edited June 2010
    I'm in!

Sky Dave
    Team: A Bland Eleven

I'm on your Pending Members list...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Enter the Community World Cup fantasty football here!:
    Moved into 2nd today, mainly after 3 clean sheets yesterday. Looks like some of the early front runners peaked to soon with their subs. New batch of subs eligilble soon though, so we'll see what happens!
    Posted by Stueyh
    Yeah i did ok yesterday with 3 clean sheets, got 2 german defenders who have done well for me but i cudnt possible keep them for the knockout phase could i????
  • edited June 2010
    wishful scotland

sayin no more!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    well done stuey going well so far.

Sky dave and culross i have added you.

There will be changes tomorrow evening when the teams who have not posted their alias are removed.
  • edited June 2010
    Cheers Scott,

Good work on setting this up by the way. Hopefully I can hang in there. Think it will all hinge on how wisely the second round of subs are used.

Heres to a nervey finish!!
  • edited June 2010
    Cheers Scott, Good work on setting this up by the way. Hopefully I can hang in there. Think it will all hinge on how wisely the second round of subs are used. Heres to a nervey finish!!
    Posted by Stueyh
    I think so too if you choose wrong it could put you out before the final now that you are allowed 3 from each team.

35suited surely you cant keep them in I am scottish and my team is a German free zone.
  • edited June 2010
    BrrrrrrrFoxes Forevermmad3104MMADS MANIACS
    ScottieBScottlandANDYTAYLORKung Fu Pandas
    DTWBANDITskippy;s blue banditosmrhappy38eason11
    bigbiker22Hutchies Heroesangel351JulesRimet
    goodylad21I've got big toesdonkeyplopPLOPSDONKEYS
    BADBOY985ONE ALAN BILEYDarntootinHouse of Koemans
    Ratboy71Mellow CapellovaigretGarryowen Boys Club
    NorbitNorbit's NinjasBarcagazzaTHE UP IN ATEMS
    35suitedLaws Legendsmonkey123monkey123
    ckdckd cup winnerszepredatorpre8ors
    SkyRichChicken KievBuster69Ratty's Rockers
    emilyeggOne Month WondersStueyhBANJOS BANDITS
    Cookie83Spirit of 66QDMCGRAWBeware of the Drog
    ARR9DINAARRISDFCajbrown7AlexBFC
    MP33The Brackenbury MassiveBig Le(z)L.A.J.E.R
    shifter1shifters hopefulsMICKYBLUEmickyblues
    dubmasterdubmasterutduncleonionaffrica bach
    DOHHHHHHHTeam DOHHHHHHHWAINBARBERRep of henrys Handireland
    FishBonewet ragsCAIRNSYENGLANDS DREAM
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVERSMYSHARKY66 2010
    STEVEMAXLeicester Losersbaconc87Pigs Might Fly
    rampantrozwelsh sheepSdodgerDodgerland
    sue69top of the worldtorryboytorry
    Mr MiyagiThe Dead Hand Ganglabrat64labrat's lot
    chubbersChubbers unitedACAGoalacticos
    COCASIRFReadies Rounderssandman290sporting camelot
    1981MATTworldcup wonderskianalexthe kid
    chipmunk10chipmunks r uschumpschumps
    t1poollfcTony;s red armysqueakerEandGland
    jammedwonderwomans warriorsmerrydownNO SUBS NOSURRENDER
    1arnaceA.R.N nuttersWSOPwood 1966
    balamorie1silver striker'sQuacka7Sofa King Easy
    kitkat593CATZILLAmonaghan01RACING RAHARNEY
    tubelfc27tube fcbeginluckworld enforcers xi
    theebiff28THEEBIFFphilthemilphilthemill
    HITMAN RVHarveys HitmencopolaGhetto Allstars
    funky80chipps chippersmitchell86winkers tinkers
    KevilfishFC Kevilfishggo12stevies stars
    LUIRONliverlyoutsidersBlueger51Engerland
    If you have not informed me of your alias as requested on both the league and the forum your team will have been removed from the league.
  • edited June 2010
    eric chatt ---- shifter1  ---- shifters hopefuls still hopefull
  • edited June 2010
    There have been 3 teams removed in error if you are 1 of them can you please apply to rejoin.

NOSUBSNOSURRENDER you must have changed your team name and i removed it by accident as the new name is not on the list.

PRE8ORS for some reason your team was back to pending and it was declined in error.

Silvers strikers no idea what has happened with your team it can be easily added back.

I will re add you to the league if you re-apply,

• edited June 2010
    There have been 3 teams removed in error if you are 1 of them can you please apply to rejoin. NOSUBSNOSURRENDER you must have changed your team name and i removed it by accident as the new name is not on the list. PRE8ORS for some reason your team was back to pending and it was declined in error. Silvers strikers no idea what has happened with your team it can be easily added back. I will re add you to the league if you re-apply,
    Posted by scottieb
    yes my team was deleted and i joined again and i started back with 0 points can you put it my points back it is 75 pionts
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Enter the Community World Cup fantasty football here! : yes my team was deleted and i joined again and i started back with 0 points can you put it my points back it is 75 pionts
    Posted by balamorie1
    Balamorie1 silver strikers are not currently pending to rejoin the league and if you rejoin with the original team which is still active in the overall competition then you will still have all the points you have previously accumulated.
  • edited June 2010
    Going well stuey 10 points clear at the top but there are some good teams behind you.

I cant decide what to do with my subs in the 2nd phase if I get it wrong it could be a disaster.
  • edited June 2010
    i have NO POINTS BUT I REJOINED THE LEAUGUE  WILL I HAVE TO CHANGE MY TEAM BACK TO SILVER STRIKERS
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to team no points:
    i have NO POINTS BUT I REJOINED THE LEAUGUE  WILL I HAVE TO CHANGE MY TEAM BACK TO SILVER STRIKERS
    Posted by balamorie1
    what is your team called now?
    apply to rejoin and i will have a look
    Have you tried clicking total at the top?
  • edited June 2010
    Going well stuey 10 points clear at the top but there are some good teams behind you. I cant decide what to do with my subs in the 2nd phase if I get it wrong it could be a disaster.
    Posted by scottieb
    Had a great 1st day of the 2nd phase, followed by a disaster yesterday. I'd banked on Germany England being a tight game and had a load of defenders from each team left in there. Hardly got any points.

Do you get 2x the points this round? The scores seem high. Worried about my staying power now!!!
  • edited June 2010
    I had John terry

Changed it today and put a dutch defender in and the Dutch keeper. Along with Schneider I thought i would be flying up the league until the last kick of the game. Come on Robinho
  • edited July 2010
    There have been 3 teams removed in error if you are 1 of them can you please apply to rejoin. NOSUBSNOSURRENDER you must have changed your team name and i removed it by accident as the new name is not on the list. PRE8ORS for some reason your team was back to pending and it was declined in error. Silvers strikers no idea what has happened with your team it can be easily added back. I will re add you to the league if you re-apply,
    Posted by scottieb
    the new name for NOSUBSNOSURRENDER is ITS ALL GONE PETE TONG alais is MERRYDOWN hope this helps 
  • edited July 2010
    alright lads, I thought we could pick 4 from each team now its the semis..??
    • In the first two rounds of the knockout stages you can pick up to three players from any one nation and this goes up again to a maximum of four players for the semi-final, final and third placed play-off.
    well done to those at the top, see what can be done with 4 games to go...

• edited July 2010

L.F.C.1-----L.F.C.1

• edited July 2010

After hovering 2nd for nearly all of the knock out stage, I finally managed to get level with top after last nights game.

Had V.Bronkhurst, Robben and Schneijder all in my team. Good times.

3 games left and I would love that 8k Deepstack seat on offer. I have been practising deepstacks lately and won the Offordable a week back.

Fingers Crossed. Come on Banjo's Bandits!!

• edited July 2010
    Stuey Just to confirm also the Sky fantasy football rules will apply in the event of points being equal.
    The first deciding factor being goals scored.

I will not be accepting any of the pending teams at this stage of the tournament the cut off point as stated in an earlier post was the end of the group stages.
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations to the top 4 teams I will post winners and prizes on here Monday Evening when i get home from work.

• edited July 2010
    Checked the final results and was convincing beaten to first in the end. Well done to Matt who finished first and good luck in the 8k Deep stack.

2nd isn't so bad with entry into the Primo and B/H.

Cheers to Scottie for running this and Sky Poker for supplying the prizes.

Only another 4 years until the next one!
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats to the winners and thanks to Sky for a great comp.

Finished 7th so honourable failure.

Only 2 years till the Euros tho Stuey.
  • edited July 2010

I would like to thank everyone who took part for making this a great competition to take part in and a big thank you to Sky for the great prizes awarded to the top 4.

The prize winners are as follows:

1st £220 seat in the July 8k Deepstack with a maximum entry of 50
         Matt Hallgalley (1981MATT)    World Cup Wonders  484 pts

2nd Primo + £22 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter entries
          Stuart Hackett (Stueyh)     Banjo's Bandits    466 pts

3rd Primo entry
         Alex Cannon (ACA)    Goalacticos    460 pts

4th £22 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter entry
         Clyde Jordan (Quacka7)    SOFA KING EASY     457 pts

As these are all tournaments featured on Sky Poker tv I will be watching to see how you get on and good luck to you all.

I will send the details to Sky Jordan who will I am sure get in touch with the winners. 

The 2010/2011 premiership Sky fantasy football has now began anyone fancy another league? I will mention it in my message.