You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

Morning Folks!

With Tk swanning off to Vegas shortly and admitting that his forum time will be 'cut down', I have decided to open this thread which I hope, if not abused , will eventually be stickied for sensible questions/requests. I have noticed that Sky Bernie has recently listened to and acted upon some suggestions from the forum members which can only be commended. I realise that he is a very busy man so please allow some reasonable time for any feedback to filter back on here. I am sure Sky Rich will also appreciate this thread when he eventually returns from what seems like his 3 months vacation. :))

So guys.....fire away but please please do not use this as a complaints/bad beat thread.

Thank you.

Comments

• edited June 2010

Brilliant Post & thread idea, Alan, every word clearly thought out & perceptive, thank you.
  • edited June 2010
    Can these questions be poker related Max? I haven't seen sky rich or sky bernie play too much poker on here.

Do you think we should have a job interview to find out what experience they have lol. How much experience do they have with Trains and JCB's?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Sky Rich/Sky Bernie?:
    Can these questions be poker related Max? I haven't seen sky rich or sky bernie play too much poker on here. Do you think we should have a job interview to find out what experience they have lol. How much experience do they have with Trains and JCB's?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    And do they know the details of EVERY Motorway service station in the Country?
  • edited June 2010
    I think Maxally is the man to carry this thread off so my vote is for him trev.
  • edited June 2010
    Great idea Max-- and thanks for the rail last night !!--you inspired me there--owe ya one!
  • edited June 2010
    Good Idea Max - It should include you in the title as obviously, as you are the more poker orientated of all three of us....

I will sticky it now...

Kind regards,

Bernie....
  • edited June 2010
    As already mentioned in a couple of other threads on here, some of us are keen to keep the Dantb Deepie going at 7pm Sunday night, even while Dan is away.

But there are again no satellites in the schedule, and with the football tomorrow there may not be time to have one before it starts.

I know there are many players who want to get involved in this great tourny without overstretching their bankrolls, and to make it work we need well advertised satellites during the peak playing time.

5pm is not a good time for sats, many people are out and about. I think 10 pm may get a better response,when there are invariably good players around who may have been knocked out of their main event, and are looking for something worthwhile to play.

How about it, Rich Bernie ?

Tony

• edited June 2010
    Hi Tony,

I have put a direct satellite into it at 22.05 tonight - Please spread the word and see if we can get a few players involved....

Kind regards,

Bernie

P.S. I'm still on hols until Monday, and have a barbie tonight and footy tomorrow, so I will not be around until then.....Maybe? So if I do not reply to any further request from all, that's the reason.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Sky Rich/Sky Bernie?:
    Good Idea Max - It should include you in the title as obviously, as you are the more poker orientated of all three of us.... I will sticky it now... Kind regards, Bernie....
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Lol....nice 'gesture' Bernie but I am sure you are 'jesting'! What I know about poker can be written on the back of a 56p coin :))

Hope you have a good day off tomorrow sir but I also hope you can find time on Monday to peruse this thread and help where you can.

Cheers,

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    Ola from Portugal!....

The first words that cam out of my mouth when i first saw this thread was "Oh my goodness, this is Alan's quest for World domination coming to the core!". That peeps is a scary prospect! :)....

Seriously Alan i think you will certainly be a very worthwhile replacement for Tikay over the next couple of weeks for this section and i just need to think of a question to ask while Grand Master Luckbox here on my all-inclusive jolly enjoys another beer! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Max.
    It's my wifes birthday Today and I bought her a camcorder so she can record my daughters wedding. But secretly I would like to use it in the bedroom.

Do you think I should ask her?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie?:
    Hi Max. It's my wifes birthday Today and I bought her a camcorder so she can record my daughters wedding. But secretly I would like to use it in the bedroom. Do you think I should ask her?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev....

I would play this one safe if I was you matey......and DON'T ask or even suggest it or you might have to go to your daughter's wedding on crutches! It will be easier for you to read page 14 on the reader's wife's section of a certain magazine!! :)))

regards,

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    I reckon Maxally should stand in for Tikay on the TV too.

Pokertrev; You wife is probably thinking the same thing too, go for it.
  • edited June 2010
    MAXALLY, Bernie, Rich,

Is it possible to add some Omaha Hi-Lo DYM's to the lobby?  Most of the other PLO8 games don't get enough runners but I'm pretty sure these would fill and at least get some entry level action on this great game.

Another player asked the same question here and I've mentioned it a couple of times here and here.

Thanks.

• edited June 2010
    MAXALLY, Bernie, Rich, Is it possible to add some Omaha Hi-Lo DYM's to the lobby?  Most of the other PLO8 games don't get enough runners but I'm pretty sure these would fill and at least get some entry level action on this great game. Another player asked the same question here and I've mentioned it a couple of times here and here . Thanks.
    Posted by Machka
    Hi Aaron

Thank you for your request. It is out of my remit to add to the lobby (for now) but I am sure Bernie will consider it on Monday. Please keep checking this thread and THANK YOU for using the thread as it was meant to be used for.

Regards,

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    This is an open question.  Why is it that if you down a really cold pint of lager, you don't get brain-freeze?
  • edited June 2010
    This is an open question.  Why is it that if you down a really cold pint of lager, you don't get brain-freeze?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Sorry, I am a bitter drinker so can not answer your question. I however, believe that all lager louts are 'brain dead' anyway!  :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Sorry, I am a bitter drinker so can not answer your question. I however, believe that all you lager louts are 'brain dead' anyway!  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I resent that you judge me to be a "lager lout" just becaus I can ask a question about lager.  I drink strictly porter.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : I resent that you judge me to be a "lager lout" just becaus I can ask a question about lager.  I drink strictly porter.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Apologies. Original post edited to suit. It was no way a personal assumption on your good character and I must reiterate that I do not know the answer you seek.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Apologies. Original post edited to suit. It was no way a personal assumption on your good character and I must reiterate that I do not know the answer you seek.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Acceptance of apology pending...
  • edited June 2010

Hi Alan.

I have come up with a little interesting idea that i think would be rather cool!

As you are standing in for Tikay in this section of the forum, surely the mods/suits can do something nice in return for you doing all this and rename Take on Tikay to Take on Maxally for 2 weeks only!!!

To make the great man even happier i would suggest should you do any promo photos that they be done standing next to a train or feeding bread to a mallard! :)

That is all!

• edited June 2010
    Alan...........when will the 'essential site maintenance' ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Alan...........when will the 'essential site maintenance' ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Shortly after all teachers start working 50 hours a week/50 weeks a year!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Shortly after all teachers start working 50 hours a week/50 weeks a year!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    HA HA GREAT ANSWER,AND GREAT THREAD SIR.
  • edited June 2010

Nice1 Alan great thread Here's my Question  

Once the world cup & summer are over will the £1-10 buy-in tourneys like the gtd's & speed with no re buy or add ons be returning ??

many thanks 

michael
  • edited June 2010
    Why are there so many damn stickies??

:-)
  • edited June 2010
    Having said that I have a request.

Can the 7.00 £55 entry deepstack be changed to tournement sticky please?

• edited June 2010
    Having said that I have a request. Can the 7.00 £55 entry deepstack be changed to tournement sticky please?
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi Solly....

Another one that is out of my remit (for now anyway!). I am just leaving to get wrecked to celebrate/commiserate* England's win/loss* so all I can suggest is that you try and promote it as best you can on the forum to try and get the numbers up. Last night's sat for this got only 6.

Cheers (hic),

Alan

*delete as necessary
  • edited June 2010
    Just noticed our regular 8.15 Deepstack Tourny is missing and has now been turned into a rebuy.

Sky are you taking the P - This is a regular tourny and gets a decent field every night, so why oh why have you changed it from it's original format to a re-buy?.

If this is an error - I accept your apology - if Not then its goodbye from me and goodbye from him.

I am completely Outraged and ask you to look at this sensibly and return it to it's rightful home.
  • edited June 2010
    If you get any chess questions you can pitch them this way. Otherwise good luck with this thread chaps! :)