You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie?

124»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie?:
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Sorry Aaron but I haven't got a scooby do on that one as I dont play cash. Perhaps you could repost it on the Ask Tikay thread as he is on his way back from his 'holiday' now and would cherish questions like that to come back to. Thank you.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Groan.......

Alan, I LOVE YOU. A bit. Sometimes. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Hey Guys, As Tikay is back and at large in the community again i'm removing the 'sticky' status of this thread. Feel free to give it a bump if you want to ask a question. cheers!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Ok Rich, no problem. I totally agree that Tikay should actually do some community work again because that is why he is paid £1/2 million /year. Fairs fair though, he is not so 'large' now.

Regards,

Alan
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Groan....... Alan, I LOVE YOU. A bit. Sometimes. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    * sigh *

Thats how rumours start ya know!

Do you love me enough to put me in the TOT tuesday/wednesday? You know, the entry you STILL owe me from about 4 or 5 or even 6 weeks ago???? (correct guess on when a TOT would finish which Diggsy won, remember?)

Regard...ish......anyway,

Alan
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : * sigh * Thats how rumours start ya know! Do you love me enough to put me in the TOT tuesday/wednesday? You know, the entry you STILL owe me from about 4 or 5 or even 6 weeks ago???? (correct guess on when a TOT would finish which Diggsy won, remember?) Regard...ish......anyway, Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Alan,

You keep hinting & alluding to something amiss - now, at last, you've told me the problem!

For goodness sake, why did you not just come straight out with it? Or mention it to me down at Swansea? Or PM me? Or Facebook message me?

I don't actually remember it, no, but I believe you 100%.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I carry a lot of stuff around in my head, I have responsibilities elsewhere, too, (quite onerous right now, as it happens) & I do forget things sometimes, but if I promise something, I stick to my word, always.

I will arrange to have you entered for free in the Take-On tikay on Tuesday (£11) & Wednesday (£5.50). I hope you win them both, too.

Once again my sincere apologies.
  • edited August 2010
    hi guys, your thoughts please....Was playing in a tourney the other night (live) and bust the bubble was approaching the serious money.

Going fairly well with about 62.000 chips and the blinds 2000/4000 . I was dealt pkt 10's and all fold to me in mid position. I do a 4 X BB raise and it folds to the blinds.

Mr Tight SB shoves his stack of 39.000 all-in, Mr Uber-tight BB follows suit (81.000 chips).

Yours truly thinks about it and knowing how tight they'd been all game folds the 10 10.

The cards go over and SB shows AJ off suit, BB shows AK off suit.

The board misses them completely and  Mr BB walks with the pot.

Am kicking myself for not going all in. So here's the question, with the given info on both of them did I do the right thing at the time or would you have done it differently?

For the record, I tangled with Mr BB again shortly afterwards (same position - he was BB!) where my pocket queens ran into him holding AA....busto and out!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : Alan, You keep hinting & alluding to something amiss - now, at last, you've told me the problem! For goodness sake, why did you not just come straight out with it? Or mention it to me down at Swansea? Or PM me? Or Facebook message me? I don't actually remember it, no, but I believe you 100%. Please accept my sincere apologies. I carry a lot of stuff around in my head, I have responsibilities elsewhere, too, (quite onerous right now, as it happens) & I do forget things sometimes, but if I promise something, I stick to my word, always. I will arrange to have you entered for free in the Take-On tikay on Tuesday (£11) & Wednesday (£5.50). I hope you win them both, too. Once again my sincere apologies.
    Posted by Tikay10
    THANK YOU!!!
    I sometimes think my written words come across in a different tone in which they were meant, if that makes sense. It was at a very busy time with the World Cup and Vegas and I fully understand that you were 'snowed' under and I hope I did not give you the impression that I was critising you in anyway (heaven forbid, I would get a forum ban!!).

Regards, as always,

Alan

(nearly a 100 posts on this thread now, happy days!)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : THANK YOU!!! I sometimes think my written words come across in a different tone in which they were meant, if that makes sense. It was at a very busy time with the World Cup and Vegas and I fully understand that you were 'snowed' under and I hope I did not give you the impression that I was critising you in anyway (heaven forbid, I would get a forum ban!!). Regards, as always, Alan (nearly a 100 posts on this thread now, happy days!)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan.

All you had to do was say! Instead, I kept seeing these tinsy digs, & I really was curious as to why. Notwithstanding that, it's my fault, & I apologise. I've already sent a note to Head Office requesting those two Free Entries, & as soon as they confirm, I'll let you know.

Yes, the written word comes across a bit odd, at times. After I wasted an hour of my Sunday replying to some questions of yours yesterday, including an un-fluffy adnmission that I wholly disagreed with something that Sky Poker do, you suggested I was "towing" (sic) the company line". That pinched a bit, I can tell you, but I'm sure you never intended it the way it came across.

It does not help that this is the only Forum in the universe without smileys - a matter I also have "strong views" on!

Onwards & upwards, & I hope to see you at the Grand Final in Nottingham.

Take care now. 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ask Maxally / Sky Rich / Sky Bernie? : THANK YOU!!! I sometimes think my written words come across in a different tone in which they were meant...
    Posted by MAXALLY
    See Alan, I told you he wasn't so bad.  Stir, Stir. ;-)