You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! ty rich matter sorted please close t

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat
its not right mate.....i'm sick of morons abusing people in chat.on other sites the mod would of joined in the chat and reprimanded the abuser.....

Comments

• edited June 2010

sky on line mod after 10 mins in to this abuse complaint  says ,

" you will get abuse on the tables "

but its going on now i said  .

so after complaining this guy for calling me a I R A MAN,

A BOMBER ,

HOPE YOUR MUM LIKES THIS E.TC.

HOPE YOU GET CANCER .

NOTHING CAN BE DONE WHILE ITS ONGOING .

so i am chatting with my cyber buddies  playing poker

and have to listen to this .

but yet 1hour and 50 mins after i complain this guy to the mods he

is still able to say what he wants .

why cant the online mod have a quick check while this is happening live

and take action ?

EDIT : then the guy shows up on my  omaha dym table which he never played

before on skypoker [ i checked his data on  sharkscope ] .

so is this it now for me everytime i play on skypoker cash or s&g

this player can just stalk me

on the poker tables ?

what a joke this is !

• edited June 2010
    I'd take it to Bernie or Des if I were you Den-- If you get no action from customer care-- They need to be told by the boss that racism is unacceptable
  • edited June 2010

That's terrible mate, I hope they do something about it. It's really not on
  • edited June 2010
    you cant help being irish, as much as i cant help being c r a p
  • edited June 2010

Im so sorry to hear about this den - such a great guy and you do loads for everyone on this site and you get not only abused but bad CS - this needs to be taken further up m8 and as oynutter said - pm des or bernie m8 - disgracelfull!!

• edited June 2010

Why do idiots do this?

It has to be drunk teenagers or something.

I'll occasionally retaliate to trash talking and I don't really mind it to a degree but uber-personal abuse is just too much.

Ignore their chat and take their money IR.

• edited June 2010
    Absolutely outrageous
  • edited June 2010
    Absolutely shocking mate!
  • edited June 2010
    It is something that needs sorted by CS. They should be able to pick up a chatbox "in-running" flick a switch, and hey presto...chat ban.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    disgusting mate.
    I hope sky gets it sorted quickly.
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with those who say that you should PM this to Sky_Bernie. 

I have to admit that I wonder sometimes about the quality of some of the staff employed by Sky as Customer Services representatives, to be abused in chat is bad enough but then to be told they can't take immediate action is ridiculous.
  • edited June 2010
    i'm sorry but this sort of behaviour is totaly unecceptable. people like this have NO business being allowed on the tables.
    this sort of abuse should be dealt with as soon as it is brought to the attention of the mods.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
      sky on line mod after 10 mins in to this abuse complaint  says , " you will get abuse on the tables "  but its going on now i said  . so after complaining this guy for calling me a I R A MAN, A BOMBER , HOPE YOUR MUM LIKES THIS E.TC. HOPE YOU GET CANCER . NOTHING CAN BE DONE WHILE ITS ONGOING . so i am chatting with my cyber buddies  playing poker and have to listen to this . but yet 1hour and 50 mins after i complain this guy to the mods he is still able to say what he wants . why cant the online mod have a quick check while this is happening live and take action ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Imagine you were German.....
  • edited June 2010
    Stupid idiots!!!
    I had to complain about someone but I heard it's better to email sky than go through live chat and I think it was sorted better.
    Well just remember......

I Luv Ya Babes! x
  • edited June 2010
    My experience of issues like this is that Customer Services CAN act instantly where there are instances of serious abuse. I'm pretty certain that people have had their chat facilities revoked within minutes of being reported.

Like many other people have posted, you should raise this issue with Bernie and/or Des.

P.S. Are you Irish???
  • edited June 2010
    People like that should be banned from the site not just given a chat ban! Anyone dishing out this sort of racial abuse in the work place would automatically be sacked!
  • edited June 2010
    I feel very very sorry for you and strongly advise RAVER to make you a bacon sarnie and a cold guinness :)

PS i had no idea you were irish :) 
  • edited June 2010

I have reported someone before to live online chat and they were stopped almost instantly from continuing to abuse me

obviously the "customer care" person you spoke to couldnt be ar s ed

shocking

• edited June 2010
    im sorry to hear about that u were at the same table as me tonight when u mentioned it. hope something gets done about it! disgusting.. ianm
  • edited June 2010
    Rover,

I'm sorry to hear you've been getting abuse at the tables. Of course it's something none of our players should have to tolerate so I will make sure Sky Poker looks into it for you.

Best wishes,
    Dave

• edited June 2010

That is Totally out of order Denis i hope the Sky Mods get it sorted m8 maybe in future they could do what daveyzz said
      "on other sites the mod would of joined in the chat and reprimanded the abuser....." 

• edited June 2010
    Hi Irish,

As Dave says, we'll make sure this gets looked into today.

I'll speak with the customer care team and review the situation. As soon as i have some information i'll be in contact with you.

We take table abuse very seriously at Sky poker and under no circumstances should it be tolerated.

Thanks for your patience with this and i'll be in touch before the close of play today.

All the best to you,

Rich
  • edited June 2010

I hope the proper action is taken against the player involved,no one should have to put up with this kind of abuse.

• edited June 2010
    Sky Poker should do a lot more than look into it Dave ,this should have been dealt with last night when Rover first reported it .As you can see by my 1st post on this subject i have supplied you with the players name ,table number ,and which tourney this happened in .I myself have in the past reported table abuse to Sky Poker apart from an e-mail from Sky Rich saying the same as you have said i never recieved anyfurther information on what Sky did about the matter .              As i stated in 1st post it is YOUR SITE and YOUR PROBLEM this type of thing will never get stopped unless you start to ban these idiots from playing on YOUR site ,but of course that would mean you not taking their MONEY and i dont think that is going to happen do you .        Also it would be nice if you let people know what action you have taken against this player if any .
  • edited June 2010
    This player will be hunted down like a dog and shot, Or maybe chat banned instead.

Sky Dave and Sky Rich will sort it out....Please check previous posts.
  • edited June 2010
    I suggested it months ago - the tables need a Report Abuse button which can draw a 'moderator' to the table immediately.
    Mind I suppose some would use that just because they got outdrawn on the river...

• edited June 2010
    lol the site would explode....
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
    I suggested it months ago - the tables need a Report Abuse button which can draw a 'moderator' to the table immediately. Mind I suppose some would use that just because they got outdrawn on the river...
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    great idea but i guess it would be unworkable

those who are abusive should be banned, it must make business sense for sky poker too

abuse should not be tolerated

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
    Sky Poker should do a lot more than look into it Dave ,this should have been dealt with last night when Rover first reported it .As you can see by my 1st post on this subject i have supplied you with the players name ,table number ,and which tourney this happened in .I myself have in the past reported table abuse to Sky Poker apart from an e-mail from Sky Rich saying the same as you have said i never recieved anyfurther information on what Sky did about the matter .              As i stated in 1st post it is YOUR SITE and YOUR PROBLEM this type of thing will never get stopped unless you start to ban these idiots from playing on YOUR site ,but of course that would mean you not taking their MONEY and i don't think that is going to happen do you .        Also it would be nice if you let people know what action you have taken against this player if any .
    Posted by chew07

Hi Chew,

Unfortunately we / (the customer care team) are unable to actually disclose the specifics of what action is taken against a user when an abuse report has been made. Due to restrictions we have to follow (imposed by the Data protection act) we have to keep all account information private. Having said that though, you can be sure that when a report is made it will be investigated by the team.

If anything does ever slip through the net (like here as highlighted by Rover) please just give us a quick shout and we'll chase it up for you straight away.

thank you