You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! ty rich matter sorted please close t

Comments

• edited June 2010

i have just thought of a good solution...

how about temporarily change the avatar of any chat banned player?

justice will be done and, importantly, justice will be seen to be done

and for the first time there is a deterrent
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Rich thank you for answering my last post but the question still remains why wasent this problem dealt with straight away when Rover 1st reported it .I know you have told Rover that you will get back to him by the close of play today, but are you allowed to tell us and by us i mean the other players who had to suffer this abuse last night why nothing was done about it at the time ??. Or is that covered by the Data protection act as well.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
    Hi Rich thank you for answering my last post but the question still remains why wasent this problem dealt with straight away when Rover 1st reported it .I know you have told Rover that you will get back to him by the close of play today, but are you allowed to tell us and by us i mean the other players who had to suffer this abuse last night why nothing was done about it at the time ??. Or is that covered by the Data protection act as well.
    Posted by chew07

Yes you are correct, the course of action was not acceptable. I'll be reviewing the situation and making sure we get it right next time.

thanks for your patience and understanding on this one.
  • edited June 2010
    this is absolutely terrible that a player like rover has to put up with nonsense, there is no need for any abuse to or from anyone in poker as after all it is only a game.
    sky needs to put a stop to this 1 warning then out.
    gl for the future rover
  • edited June 2010
    Dare I say it! what if Irishrover was ' black '???, ( I don't know either way ) the rover is obviously proud of being Irish and why not!.The abuse he suffered is/was racist. Chew07 has provided the info regarding the ' perp ' so SKY  should have this person prosecuted not just banned!!! or every ' idiot ' will think they can abuse whomever and get away with it.                                                                                                                            Kind regards
  • edited June 2010
    i too was racially abused here on skypoker by someone in livingston in scotland saying "get out of my country",  i didn't make a complaint though i should have done. 

i have been verbally abused by individual players, most of whom i have reported.  one in particular is a top 100 cash player who i reported and was free to continue in the chat box the next time i saw him which was only a few days later.  the disappointing thing is that this same player was abusive a month earlier.

is there a tarif of punishments?  if someone is abusive do they get banned from the chat box for one day, two days, a week etc.  shouldn't repeat offenders be banned for longer, or banned from the site?

can we have more transparency please?  no individual revelations just process and procedure visibility please.

• edited June 2010

another suggestion...

make the chat box an opt in system.  only let those who opt in see the chat box.  banned players are not allowed to chat nor see the chat

show on avatar those who have opted in

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
    i too was racially abused here on skypoker by someone in livingston in scotland saying "get out of my country",  i didn't make a complaint though i should have done.  i have been verbally abused by individual players, most of whom i have reported.  one in particular is a top 100 cash player who i reported and was free to continue in the chat box the next time i saw him which was only a few days later.  the disappointing thing is that this same player was abusive a month earlier. is there a tarif of punishments?  if someone is abusive do they get banned from the chat box for one day, two days, a week etc.  shouldn't repeat offenders be banned for longer, or banned from the site? can we have more transparency please?  no individual revelations just process and procedure visibility please. .
    Posted by aussie09

yeah of course.

On investigation of the incident the customer care team will always base the length of ban on the severity of the abuse.

for an idea, a typical scale is - 1 month, 3 month and life chat bans.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY? : yeah of course. On investigation of the incident the customer care team will always base the length of ban on the severity of the abuse. for an idea, a typical scale is - 1 month, 3 month and life chat bans.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thank you

• edited June 2010
    So Rich Skys bans range from 1 month to life chat bans,so does this prove my earlier point that Sky do not ban idiots from the site full stop even if they are being racist.Or is there a line that has to be crossed before you stop taking their money,i know this is a money making poker site but there must come a time when Sky has to weigh up lossing 1 idoits money or facing the very real prospect of losing a lot more paying poker players.
  • edited June 2010

Sorry to hear that Irish...disgusting considering you're an honourary Englishman ;o)

We love you mate...the rest can go to floppin pot

Does that mean they let the WELSH play on here too???

xxx

• edited June 2010
    There should be no warnings, no menus of different ban lengths.

If there's clear evidence like this, just kick them out for good.

Plus a vote from me for the "Opt Out" sign on your avatar - when I'm on two or three tables I keep the chat off - I always worry if I'm appearing ignorant if someone says anything I should be responding to - a sign saying "Not in Chat" would be a big help......it might also help keep the bad mouthing down if cyber bullys see their victims can't hear their C*ap.
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry to hear that Irish...disgusting considering you're an honourary Englishman ;o) We love you mate...the rest can go to floppin pot Does that mean they let the WELSH play on here too??? xxx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Sometimes I'm not sure u can class what I do as playing!
    That's why I've needed Rover's help!
    Still disgusted by this
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY? : Sometimes I'm not sure u can class what I do as playing! That's why I've needed Rover's help! Still disgusted by this
    Posted by walesboy
    Haha, me neither Welshyfella ;o)

Irish is brilliant (just look at his sharkscope ffs...) So if he's mentoring you then you can't go far wrong!!

x
  • edited June 2010
    There should be no warnings, no menus of different ban lengths. If there's clear evidence like this, just kick them out for good. Plus a vote from me for the "Opt Out" sign on your avatar - when I'm on two or three tables I keep the chat off - I always worry if I'm appearing ignorant if someone says anything I should be responding to - a sign saying "Not in Chat" would be a big help......it might also help keep the bad mouthing down if cyber bullys see their victims can't hear their C*ap.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    wat a good idea and it dont sound to hard to implument. chin up rover you get these key board hard men on all sites m8 let ur game do the talking.regards del
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to I GET ABUSED ON THE SKYPOKER TABLE FOR 2 HOURS FOR BEING IRISH! WHY?:
      sky on line mod after 10 mins in to this abuse complaint  says , " you will get abuse on the tables "  but its going on now i said  . so after complaining this guy for calling me a I R A MAN, A BOMBER , HOPE YOUR MUM LIKES THIS E.TC. HOPE YOU GET CANCER . NOTHING CAN BE DONE WHILE ITS ONGOING . so i am chatting with my cyber buddies  playing poker and have to listen to this . but yet 1hour and 50 mins after i complain this guy to the mods he is still able to say what he wants . why cant the online mod have a quick check while this is happening live and take action ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I am not happy at all to read this post and I am very very upset that Denis has had to tolerate such abuse.
    This should be sorted out AS it is happening. There should be the facility on Sky for the option that a player who is being abused to call a chat  moderator AS the abuse is taking place.

I know that Sky have an investigation into any report of chat abuse and I appreciate that. However, the process from complaint to action taken is lengthy.
    Furthermore,whilst a player is concentrating on his/her game it is very offputting and distressing when the chat abuse issue cannot be tackled AS it is happening.
    Why should we have to put up with this for our entire game?
    It wouldn`t be tolerated by the suits in a LIVE game and I am sure that the offender would be shown to the door with immediate effect so why not the same here too?

Its not nice it`s not fair and a change needs to be made to the current way of handling chat abuse.
  • edited June 2010

there are some crazy people on here!!

i had someone say they were going to murder me last week!!

i had only said to them nice name!

i ended up moving tables in the end!!

• edited June 2010

Thank you ,

To all you guys/gals for your support and nice posts on here ,

sky poker community is defo the best .

soz skyrich i was off line all day ,

just seen your pm.

Ty rich for having a chat with the online mod from last night for me .

Also ty for dealing with the mmmmm person that did the abuse on our table.

I MUST SAY ONCE AGAIN SKYPOKER & ITS COMMUNITY ARE TOPS !

OVER & OUT DENIS !

• edited June 2010

Well said Denis and TF SkyRich is back!

• edited June 2010
    there are some crazy people on here!! i had someone say they were going to murder me last week!! i had only said to them nice name! i ended up moving tables in the end!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    ffs mate, did you hit runner-runner or something?
  • edited June 2010

But I can still abuse/banter with you right Denis??? :))

Glad to see it looks like it has been sorted now mate.
  • edited June 2010
    But I can still abuse/banter with you right Denis??? :)) Glad to see it looks like it has been sorted now mate.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Don't fret Tom.....Irish has confirmed he will say "What" when someone types "Captain Birds Eye" in the chatbox. ;0)
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't posted on this thread but u have my full support Dennis - think the idea of an autocall to a table of a mod would be a great addition to the site.
  • edited June 2010
    I haven't posted on this thread but u have my full support Dennis - think the idea of an autocall to a table of a mod would be a great addition to the site.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes you have!  :))
  • edited June 2010
    Absolutely bang out of order is that and totally uncalled for!!

I do have a moan occasionally when i have a bad beat that busts me out of a tourney and now and then occasionally into Phil Hellmuth mode but i would NEVER ever be abusive to the point of being racial or very agressive or threatening because online bullying through personal experience is really not nice at all and can be very upsetting.

Denis m8 you are without doubt one of the forum legends on this community and this place would be a rather empty one without your great and humourous Irish Charm and Wit so don't let some mindless toe rag spoil the fun and laughter you bring to so many people on Sky Poker!!

All the best,
    Craig
  • edited June 2010
    so sorry to hear that rover no need for it :(
  • edited June 2010
    there are some crazy people on here!! i had someone say they were going to murder me last week!! i had only said to them nice name! i ended up moving tables in the end!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    What were they going to do? Delete key you to death?

• edited June 2010

the guy that abused me last night now shows up right now to stalk me ,

some joke this !

• edited June 2010
    so sorry to hear that rover glad things maybe sorted now.. I went through excatly the same thing a cpl of months ago still dont know whether the person got dealt with.... No need for ppl to be so abusive they shouldnt be allowed to carry on playing on here.. best of luck in the future
  • edited June 2010
    Absolutely bang out of order is that and totally uncalled for!! I do have a moan occasionally when i have a bad beat that busts me out of a tourney and now and then occasionally into Phil Hellmuth mode but i would NEVER ever be abusive to the point of being racial or very agressive or threatening because online bullying through personal experience is really not nice at all and can be very upsetting. Denis m8 you are without doubt one of the forum legends on this community and this place would be a rather empty one without your great and humourous Irish Charm and Wit so don't let some mindless toe rag spoil the fun and laughter you bring to so many people on Sky Poker!! All the best, Craig
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Bless CT

truly a STAR

BTW +1 x infinity

:o)

xxx