You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action.

Comments

• edited July 2010

Nice interview with Tony (Penquin7)

Great blog and a great result so far hun. Good luck xxx
  • edited July 2010

Nice interview Guy. Still looking happy. Good luck today hun xxx
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action.:
    You work too hard Tikay! You really deserve a long, peaceful and non-poker related Holiday I think ;) EDIT: and the same goes for Claire! We musn't forget the hard work she does "behind the scenes" or so to speak. Thank you both!
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Good shout, Lewis. she does not get much credit, as I do most of the Forum Posting, but she works incredibly hard, under-the-radar. Don't tell her I said that, though.
  • edited July 2010

Great photo blog Tikay. Tyvvm xxx
  • edited July 2010

Claire was just on patrol in the corridor, & says she saw Devilfish wandering down the corridor.......

My plan now is to go fetch a coffee - I'm gagging - then do another round of Chip Counts & photos, & try to include some of the suggested "names". and Liz Lieu type cuticles......
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action.:
    Thewy is OUT in a strange coup. He had 3-3 in the BB. He intended to call a 1,225 Raise, but mistakenly shipped a 5k chip in with the smaller denoms, so it went as a Raise. The Rsiser folded, but the SB set Thewy all-in! The SB KNEW it was a mistake, & Thewy KNEW that the SB knew it was a mistake. Tricky spot. (Nobody has behaved improperly here, by the bye). Thewy decided to make the call - SB had 9-9! And it was tough to come back after the Flop came 9-8-8! He never used it as an excuse, but I seem to recall Thewy has problems with colour-blindness. No excuse, but it may have contributed to the error. Next case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    What a shame  : (
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : Good shout, Lewis. she does not get much credit, as I do most of the Forum Posting, but she works incredibly hard, under-the-radar. Don't tell her I said that, though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    HEY CLAIRE.  TIKAY JUST COMPLIMENTED YOU!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Col. We have just completed THREE interviews to camera. (That Attila is a slave-driver!), being..... Guy Tony And a geezer called.......Jesse May. Atters is now uploading all three. Bear with us, that takes a while, maybe 10-15 minutes each, & the Jesse Interview was quite long, so might take a while to Upload. I'll word you when they are up on the Site, but you know the address - http://www.skypoker.com/wsop/
    Posted by Tikay10
    Kendall finally you admit you are my slave :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : Kendall finally you admit you are my slave :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Surely you could have upgraded?
  • edited July 2010

Sigh. That is all.
  • edited July 2010
    Fantastic (and remarkably "lucid") interview with Jesse May.
    If you get a chance for more, that would be great.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : Kendall finally you admit you are my slave :)
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    : ) xxx
  • edited July 2010

Devilfish IS still in - he'd gone to get a hoodie.

It's 39c in Vegas today, but the Cardroom is FREEZING, thanks to the Air-con.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : I can only imagine how frantic things are there Tikay.  Rest assured we all appreciate it immensely.  I hope Claire is giving you nightly foot rubs for all the walking you must be doing. lol
    Posted by Machka
    oh yuck you've just put me off my lunch!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : HEY CLAIRE.  TIKAY JUST COMPLIMENTED YOU!!!
    Posted by lozgo
    I might get him a cup of coffee later for that and 5 minutes to put his old feet up ha ha
  • edited July 2010
    Fantastic (and remarkably "lucid") interview with Jesse May. If you get a chance for more, that would be great.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thanks Vince. He promised me we could have an Interview every day if we want it. Might just take him up on that. His wife, Micky May, is a brilliant photographer, said to own the largest database of Poker players photos in Europe.

At one time, he was the Editor of Cardplayer Europe, & I contributed a Monthly Column for him, which I really enjoyed writing.

Then he left, & Rolf Slotboom took over Editorship, & imposed all manner of ridiculous rules, mostly self-seving. In his first edition as Editor, guess who was on the front cover? Yup, Rolf. And the main feature in that month's magazine? Yup, Rolf. And so on.

I could not be bothered to jump through Rolf's hoops, he kept sending stern "you must do this & that" e-Mails, so I quit. I'm still owed over £3,000 by Cardplayer Europe, too, but I gave up pursuing that long ago, life's too short. And to be honest, it was not a total write-off, as if you have a monthly Column in a prestige Mag like Cardplayer Europe, it has an intangible value for "profile-raising". And I did OK in the end. ;)

Cardplayer is owned, of course, by the mega-popular & likeable Barry Shulman, who won last year's WSOP-E, & I guess his classy wife has a few shares, too. 

Now, NEWS from the Tables......
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay Mate....It's not much cooler across here.

They're predicting 30 degrees+ for Saturday and Sunday!

Keep it up my man!
  • edited July 2010

Tony - 57k.

Guy - 40k

Sparcey - 60k.

Doing ok, eh?

Sparcey has just accepted my invitation to attend Swansea SPT - I'm really pleased about that, he's a class act. Now I gotta get it past Monsieur Milner, my boss at Harrogate.

"Dear nice handsome Boss Man........
  • edited July 2010

Attila now wants to go & film some stuff in the cardroom, so that's a 20 minute job. GG my coffee, sigh. ;) 
  • edited July 2010
    All the best to the SKY players left. I haven't really bumped into Guy at the tables, but I would happily pay well over the standard rate to have a % of Sparce and Penguin. Both outstanding players. Good luck.
  • edited July 2010
    Tony - 57k. Guy - 40k Sparcey - 60k. Doing ok, eh? Sparcey has just accepted my invitation to attend Swansea SPT - I'm really pleased about that, he's a class act. Now I gotta get it past Monsieur Milner, my boss at Harrogate. "Dear nice handsome Boss Man........
    Posted by Tikay10
    Excellent works chaps - keep it up.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : Thanks Vince. He promised me we could have an Interview every day if we want it. Might just take him up on that. His wife, Micky May, is a brilliant photographer, said to own the largest database of Poker players photos in Europe. At one time, he was the Editor of Cardplayer Europe, & I contributed a Monthly Column for him, which I really enjoyed writing. Then he left, & Rolf Slotboom took over Editorship, & imposed all manner of ridiculous rules, mostly self-seving. In his first edition as Editor, guess who was on the front cover? Yup, Rolf. And the main feature in that month's magazine? Yup, Rolf. And so on. I could not be bothered to jump through Rolf's hoops, he kept sending stern "you must do this & that" e-Mails, so I quit. I'm still owed over £3,000 by Cardplayer Europe, too, but I gave up pursuing that long ago, life's too short. And to be honest, it was not a total write-off, as if you have a monthly Column in a prestige Mag like Cardplayer Europe, it has an intangible value for "profile-raising". And I did OK in the end. ;) Cardplayer is owned, of course, by the mega-popular & likeable Barry Shulman, who won last year's WSOP-E, & I guess his classy wife has a few shares, too.  Now, NEWS from the Tables......
    Posted by Tikay10

Allyn Jaffrey Shulman 28,750 PAVILION / 20 / 2

Just in case you're keen to renew acquaintances!

(She might be out by now, of course).
  • edited July 2010
    Tony - 57k. Guy - 40k Sparcey - 60k. Doing ok, eh? Sparcey has just accepted my invitation to attend Swansea SPT - I'm really pleased about that, he's a class act. Now I gotta get it past Monsieur Milner, my boss at Harrogate. "Dear nice handsome Boss Man........
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well done lads xxx
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : oh yuck you've just put me off my lunch!
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Sorry, lol.
  • edited July 2010
    I take it they're on a break now
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP, Viva Las Vegas Live Update, Day 2A - Guy & Tony return to action. : Allyn Jaffrey Shulman 28,750 PAVILION / 20 / 2 Just in case you're keen to renew acquaintances! (She might be out by now, of course).
    Posted by MereNovice
    Erm, I'm not, actually.

Mrs S did not exactly endear herself to anyone at last year's WSOP-E, with her classless hooting & hollering & inane clapping every time her hubbie won a pot. To be honest, I don't much like Barry, either, but I feel incredibly sorry for him.

Anyway, the "in-cardroom" film shoot got postponed due to a break between Levels, so I got my coffee after all. Now I'm all hyper, a latte gives me 2 hours extra energy, zip & zing.

So, on my way back from Starbucks, I heard a funny story. Coming right up........
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay- you're doing a great job mate. Claire too!

Now, I don't want to put you on life-tilt, especially whilst you're over in Vegas...but I just finished 5th in YOUR tournament. You know the Take On Tikay? That one. 

Now being retitled as we speak to 'Who's this Tikay fella?'

Oh and that makes me Top 5 in the first ever Take On Tikay leaderboard as put together by MereNovice.

Have a nice day. LOL! :)
  • edited July 2010
    Liz Lieu is out - noooooooooo!!!

AQ < AK aipf

f=AAJ just to rub it in.
  • edited July 2010

Bobcat was right, it is - or was - a break.

So, on the way back from Starbucks, I get button-holed by Padraig Parkinson.

Padraig, well, I could write a whole book on him. And it's fair to say, & it's no secret, he likes the odd pint of beer. By "odd", I mean 3, 5, 7, 9, 11.......

Anyway, I asked the usual. "You caked up Padraig?" (= how many chips you got?).

"I'm not sure, I'm on my 9th pint, so it's getting nice & blurry, but I think I have 80,000".

"Nice one".

"I managed to lay down A-T on a flop of A-T-3 to a minimum bet, too".

"You did WHAT?"

"Well, I Raised it up pre, got one caller, bet out, & we saw the A-T-3 flop. I bet out, & he set me all-in, so I folded".

"Did he show?"

"Yeah - he'd flopped a set of Tens".

"Wowzer, GREAT fold!".

"Not really. I'd just ordered a pint, so there were huge implied odds in folding".
  • edited July 2010
    Tikay- you're doing a great job mate. Claire too! Now, I don't want to put you on life-tilt, especially whilst you're over in Vegas...but I just finished 5th in YOUR tournament. You know the Take On Tikay? That one.  Now being retitled as we speak to 'Who's this Tikay fella?' Oh and that makes me Top 5 in the first ever Take On Tikay leaderboard as put together by MereNovice. Have a nice day. LOL! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Err, well done Rich.

PS - Kill me now. I say, KILL ME NOW.

PPS - Well done Bud. Was that the TOT Rebuy? GREAT result Sir. How much you get?