You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Online Poker Numbers Declining?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining?:
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : I've had 7 Royals, but no hole in ones :-(
    Posted by SHANXTA
    That means your a calling station and can't play golf (another joke)
  • edited July 2010
    I've never had any royal flushes and never got a hole in one.

I did hit the flagpole once though on a par 3.
  • edited July 2010
    I've never had any royal flushes and never got a hole in one. I did hit the flagpole once though on a par 3.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Another bad beat then ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I've never had any royal flushes and never got a hole in one. I did hit the flagpole once though on a par 3.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

You should remove the flag before putting Mr Miyagi
  • edited July 2010
    Here's some figures that I put together on the expected frequency of making royal flushes.

I can't comment on the likelihood of Hawk making a "hole in one" but seven strikes me as rather impressive.
  • edited July 2010
    ive had 3 royals  2 on here 1 somewhere else in 4 years playing poker im begining to think they,re pretty common
  • edited July 2010
    Here 's some figures that I put together on the expected frequency of making royal flushes. I can't comment on the likelihood of Hawk making a "hole in one" but seven strikes me as rather impressive.
    Posted by MereNovice
    They cover 30 years Vince if that helps
  • edited July 2010
    ive had 3 royals  2 on here 1 somewhere else in 4 years playing poker im begining to think they,re pretty common
    Posted by stokefc
    it's all relative, like I said i've had 7, but iv played a sick amount of hands over the last ~6 years
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    You should be careful, it'll have your eye out.
  • edited July 2010
    Ive had 7 holes in 1 and never a royal flush So something must be wrong ;)
    Posted by hawk7112
    Are we including crazy golf?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : Are we including crazy golf?
    Posted by Machka
    i presume so i still have not hit a hole in one
  • edited July 2010
    The Odds of a hole in 1 in a round of golf are dependable on how many holes it is possible on

Its roughly 1 in 10000 rounds to get one

The lower your handicap these odds decrease a Tour player is 1 in 3000 rounds and if your not very good they go up to 40000

Getting 2 in 1 round is roughly 1 in 9 million

• edited July 2010
    I think the odds of me getting a hole in one are closer to 1 in 9 million.  The odds on getting two holes in one are, err, how many atoms are there in the observable universe - to 1.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the odds of me getting a hole in one are closer to 1 in 9 million.  The odds on getting two holes in one are, err, how many atoms are there in the observable universe - to 1.
    Posted by Machka

Im not sure of that but i think we know someone who might ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Machka
    stop complicating things mar m8
  • edited July 2010
     Dohhhhhhh's point is a good one and he's correct in saying that the guarantees affect the likely number of entrants. A 6k guarantee that has a pool of 12k would probably have had a pool well in excess of that figure had the guarantee been more realistic.
    As far as the numbers of players on Sky it is down due to seasonal variances, which all sites suffer at this time. I think there are more problems than just that though and there certainly seems to have been an exodus of regulars over recent months. I have my own thoughts on that score but I'll keep them as just that, my own thoughts.
    Posted by elsadog
    Exodus of players ?.. Well yes maybe to  a large degree, however also  as  previously said in this post, 'World Cup' and Summer  season would  have made a difference as all  poker sites will decrease during those times ....

However, what seems strange to me about Skypoker is, with all that it has going for it , with the likes of
    865 TV
    Live forum
    Free competitions ....
    Something  just  does not  add up  ?? ......
    Every  Sunday I watch the TV  for the PRIMO event and you hear  the presenter  saying  we have 30 or 40 or  so NEW players  here tonight, and this  happens  every  Sunday !! 
    So on that  basis with all that this site is offering, WHY are players leaving, that  event  should  be sold out well  before the start time ..... OR are people just playing the once or twice and then thinking it's not for them, and if so WHY !! 

I dont have the answers but I believe a fresh look at what SkyPoker offers it's customers needs to be looked  at and probably a down-loadable software would solve most players concerns ..

Love your posts  Mr elsadog always honest  and construtive ..  thank  you ...

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : Im not sure of that but i think we know someone who might ;)
    Posted by hawk7112
    It's 1.5 × 1082  or

give or take a few.
  • edited July 2010
    i get a hole in one every night i go to bed and then i`m royally flushed
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : You should remove the flag before putting Mr Miyagi
    Posted by elsadog
    I prefer sticking poles into holes than pulling them out.

Just ask Machka.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : Exodus of players ?.. Well yes maybe to  a large degree, however also  as  previously said in this post, 'World Cup' and Summer  season would  have made a difference as all  poker sites will decrease during those times .... However, what seems strange to me about Skypoker is, with all that it has going for it , with the likes of 865 TV Live forum Free competitions .... Something  just  does not  add up  ?? ...... Every  Sunday I watch the TV  for the PRIMO event and you hear  the presenter  saying  we have 30 or 40 or  so NEW players  here tonight, and this  happens  every  Sunday !!  So on that  basis with all that this site is offering, WHY are players leaving, that  event  should  be sold out well  before the start time ..... OR are people just playing the once or twice and then thinking it's not for them, and if so WHY !!  I dont have the answers but I believe a fresh look at what SkyPoker offers it's customers needs to be looked  at and probably a down-loadable software would solve most players concerns .. Love your posts  Mr elsadog always honest  and construtive ..  thank  you ...    
    Posted by batman4
    Welcome to the forum Batman

I think the answer to your question as to why people don;t play in the Primo every week is Bankroll Management, at least I know it is in my case lol.  IF I can afford to then I buy straight in but if not I try the satellite route, if that fails then I simply don't play.

With regards to the downloadable software, Sky Rich on another thread has said it IS coming but they want to make sure its completely right before releasing it.

Steve
  • edited July 2010
    Regarding lower numbers in the Primo Tournament. I think that one of the problems is that it takes too long to satellite into the tournament. I cant understand why Primo Direct Satellites with usually only around 12 to 15 runners are a 5 minute blind structure whilst the Primo SEMI Final Satellite with usually 80 plus runners is a 10 minute blind structure, this tournament regularly takes 2 hours for qualification. You then get approx one hour break and are then straight into the primo proper if you play both on a Sunday, another 4 hours of play if you run deep.

I think there should be a fast track way to qualify. How about a 6 handed DYM structure SNG where you pay £12 to enter and top 2 qualify. This would take around 35 minutes? I think these would be popular, what does everyone else think?

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : Exodus of players ?.. Well yes maybe to  a large degree, however also  as  previously said in this post, 'World Cup' and Summer  season would  have made a difference as all  poker sites will decrease during those times .... However, what seems strange to me about Skypoker is, with all that it has going for it , with the likes of 865 TV Live forum Free competitions .... Something  just  does not  add up  ?? ...... Every  Sunday I watch the TV  for the PRIMO event and you hear  the presenter  saying  we have 30 or 40 or  so NEW players  here tonight, and this  happens  every  Sunday !!  So on that  basis with all that this site is offering, WHY are players leaving, that  event  should  be sold out well  before the start time ..... OR are people just playing the once or twice and then thinking it's not for them, and if so WHY !!  I dont have the answers but I believe a fresh look at what SkyPoker offers it's customers needs to be looked  at and probably a down-loadable software would solve most players concerns .. Love your posts  Mr elsadog always honest  and construtive ..  thank  you ...    
    Posted by batman4
    As promised, the cheque is in the post.
  • edited July 2010
    its because people are getting sick numpty playing being rewarded and do you see so many quads full boats and straight flushes on line, you dont get that live the odds are massive yet online they are far to frequent, a royal flush is like a hole in one in golf maybe 1-2 in a life time not the amount you get online
    Posted by Animul
    exactly correct mate, online massive hands far too common IGNORE merenovice as hes on skys payroll so his pathetic comments mean zero and are pointless   obviously hes the best player in the world anyway  ivey must be scared sick  LOL  LOL  LOL
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : exactly correct mate, online massive hands far too common IGNORE merenovice as hes on skys payroll so his pathetic comments mean zero and are pointless   obviously hes the best player in the world anyway  ivey must be scared sick  LOL  LOL  LOL
    Posted by bullyfish
    You really need to stop posting utter rubbish.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : exactly correct mate, online massive hands far too common IGNORE merenovice as hes on skys payroll so his pathetic comments mean zero and are pointless   obviously hes the best player in the world anyway  ivey must be scared sick  LOL  LOL  LOL
    Posted by bullyfish
    merenovice is rubbish ask everybody ;-)
  • edited July 2010
    What are the odds of MereNovice being rubbish?
  • edited July 2010
    What are the odds of MereNovice being rubbish?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    about 1/6 aint it he,ll be on in a min to tell us
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : merenovice is rubbish ask everybody ;-)
    Posted by stokefc
    He is great with a spredsheet tho

;)