You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Online Poker Numbers Declining?

13»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It's a minor miracle - spreadsheets and poker ...... with hooves.
  • edited July 2010
    Just realised I ask about the odds of something happening, when I should have asked about the probability. I feel so ashamed :(
  • edited July 2010

if you start at 9 pm and the premo lasts 4 hours plus wathing it on tv live would mean a long night   , not been playing long is it possible to up the blinds   or does this spoil the game;  too many;times  we  hear  watch wed to see the end when  the final table is on  spoils the night

• edited July 2010
    Sort the sit & goes out. Very poor! I prefer to play sit and goes than cash tables. But i use other sites to play them.
  • edited July 2010
    On the sit n go front been less active since they reduced the 18 seaters, alot of people used to play these to get ready for the main tourney or even to fund it bring them back now please!
  • edited July 2010
    only played  golf once 345 yards one hit straight in the hole  second hole 378 yards one hit in the hole so i now play poker lasts longer    AND NOT SO BORING
  • edited July 2010
    Taking away most of the live shows has had an effect on numbers, i used to play them all the time , most of the shows that replaced them are rubbish , pointless to most players. Cost cutting doesn't always pay in the long run, as sky are finding out.I know in this climate everybody is cutting back, but not a wise decision,  i still enjoy playing on sky but i think its on the decline, fast. Can't see it being here in the near future if thing's don't improve.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining?:
    Taking away most of the live shows has had an effect on numbers, i used to play them all the time , most of the shows that replaced them are rubbish , pointless to most players. Cost cutting doesn't always pay in the long run, as sky are finding out.I know in this climate everybody is cutting back, but not a wise decision,  i still enjoy playing on sky but i think its on the decline, fast. Can't see it being here in the near future if thing's don't improve.
    Posted by chirker
    I'm afraid that I dont agree with you that poker on Sky is in decline.  Yes there has been a fall off on the number of people playing in a lot of the tournaments but I really do think that was down to the World Cup and the very good weather, however I believe a lot of those players are now coming back to the site.  On Sunday the Primo had over 450 runners and last nights £22 Bounty Hunter had something like 550.  It wouldn't suprise me that in another few weeks we once again see some of the tournaments getting 700+ runners and the old guarantees making a return.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : I'm afraid that I dont agree with you that poker on Sky is in decline.  Yes there has been a fall off on the number of people playing in a lot of the tournaments but I really do think that was down to the World Cup and the very good weather, however I believe a lot of those players are now coming back to the site.  On Sunday the Primo had over 450 runners and last nights £22 Bounty Hunter had something like 550.  It wouldn't suprise me that in another few weeks we once again see some of the tournaments getting 700+ runners and the old guarantees making a return.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    plus 1
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : I'm afraid that I dont agree with you that poker on Sky is in decline.  Yes there has been a fall off on the number of people playing in a lot of the tournaments but I really do think that was down to the World Cup and the very good weather, however I believe a lot of those players are now coming back to the site.  On Sunday the Primo had over 450 runners and last nights £22 Bounty Hunter had something like 550.  It wouldn't suprise me that in another few weeks we once again see some of the tournaments getting 700+ runners and the old guarantees making a return.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Have to disagree with you, but i guess  only time will tell. I actually hope your right .
  • edited July 2010
    Sort the sit & goes out. Very poor! I prefer to play sit and goes than cash tables. But i use other sites to play them.
    Posted by jojaca3

This, 10seater is the largest field!?

Would be great to see some bigger sng, 27 and 45 runners would be good with 10min blinds, £1 - £5 buy in 

Come on sky, give us some multi table sng please!

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : This, 10seater is the largest field!? Would be great to see some bigger sng, 27 and 45 runners would be good with 10min blinds, £1 - £5 buy in  Come on sky, give us some multi table sng please!
    Posted by GoodReads
    The only problem with this idea is that they currently get £1 & £5 MTT's during the day that get less runners than this, and i'm not talking about rebuys.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Online Poker Numbers Declining? : The only problem with this idea is that they currently get £1 & £5 MTT's during the day that get less runners than this, and i'm not talking about rebuys.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Some players don't want to enter a mtt not knowing if its going to get 20 or 200 runners, the positives of the sng is that you know how many you are against and what the prize pool is before you have entered

I'm sure some 50p, £1  45seater sng would fill up no problems