You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FREEROLL CHALLENGE

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

1 - Craftycarp

Comments

• edited July 2010

If people would be so kind as to add there name to this list for the freeroles and see who can make the most money (if any) out of these freeroles. i will add mine below and so on and people can add there progress through out the month. and please add your name before you cash if possible please and i could make a table up to show who's doing the best. What does everyone think. Good luck to anyone who has a crack at it.

Deadline to add your name to the list is 7pm 31.07.2010. after this time your vote won't be counted but you may still be charged lol

• edited July 2010
    ok

1 - Craftycarp
    2- Mr_Miyagi

• edited July 2010
    yey my first proper thread and i get a reply in 2 mins cheers mate
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLE CHALLANGE:
    Sigh
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    CALL this and RAISE you 1 sigh ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLE CHALLANGE : CALL this and RAISE you 1 sigh ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    Whats the problem ???????????????????????
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLE CHALLANGE : Whats the problem ???????????????????????
    Posted by craftycarp
    Haha learn to take a joke mate and whats the matter you afraid to reply to dohhhhhhh? ;o)

PS if you check out the other post ure on FREEROLLS you will see i wish ya GL
  • edited July 2010
    Im annoyed they r putting on a freeroll festival, whilst lowering guarentees for paying customers
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in

1- Craftycarp
    2- Mr_Miyagi
    3- AArodAA
  • edited July 2010
    Im annoyed they r putting on a freeroll festival, whilst lowering guarentees for paying customers
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Tbh i sort of feel the same. I'm sitting looking at the lobby just now and it's a pretty sad sight. It's not the freerollers fault that the MMT schedule has been decimated. Good luck to all who play in the freerolls though be it paying customers as dohhhhhhh puts it or otherwise. I was a bit of a freeroll wh0re in my early poker days so i don't grudge even the non depositers a festival like this.
  • edited July 2010

I'm in as well then

1- Craftycarp
    2- Mr_Miyagi
    3- AArodAA
    4- Batman4

question ? why are  people like Mr Dodoo and others, trying to  belittle this event.. 
    I think  it's great  idea for those of us who may be looking for experience of how this  site works and get used to the software ..

Thanks  Sky  and  good luck, Mr craftycarp and all  who join this idea  .

• edited July 2010
    There should always be a place on poker sites for freerolls. Not everyone can afford to bankroll themselves when they start off and freerolls provide more of an edge to the game than the free tables. Some of the most enjoyable games ever on Sky were freerolls in the guise of the TKO.

I see the point of those who see them taking money from the 'fee paying customers' prizepools but in the long run that isn't the case. Think of the freerolls as the breeding tank for all the young fish who will be released into the shark infested waters of pay-as-u-go-poker. Some will become sharks themselves but the rest will provide the funds to keep you happy and in free takeaways and lager for the rest of your life JJ :o)
  • edited July 2010
    The reason i started this thread was because everytime i turn on skypoker channel the likes of TK Rich  DP ED are always saying how strong this forum is. I thought it would be a great idea to have i little comp within one. I will carry on no probs but can i just ask A quick question. Dohhhhh you contribute a hell of alot to this site (forum) with advice and so on so when a player has gone out of his way spend his own time to sort somthing out so we can all have a laugh do u moan about it, and as for other comments made I do deposit to sky and have done for over a year but ITS FREE so why not enter it?. I'm not having a pop but if you don't agree ignore the thread.

Good luck to all who enter
  • edited July 2010

Just trying to get the attention of the people who make the decisions m8.

I did challenge sky to up the guarentee in one tourny, and if this wasnt met, I wud personally pay sky for any money they lost (overlay)

This was sent to the office 3 days ago, with no reply as yet.

Ive asked questions about it on other threads, and no answer.

Then they announce they are giving money away, and the guarentees remain stupidly low.

If I drop enough hints, in/on enough threads, maybe I will get an answer, I assume someone who makes the decisions at sky reads the forum? - It will be for the good of everyone on the site, including the people who count the money for sky poker.

Wasn't having a go at u, apologies, enjoy ur league and good luck.

p.s E/Dog I havent had a can of larger for 5 years!! YUK !
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHALLANGE:
    Just trying to get the attention of the people who make the decisions m8. I did challenge sky to up the guarentee in one tourny, and if this wasnt met, I wud personally pay sky for any money they lost (overlay) This was sent to the office 3 days ago, with no reply as yet. Ive asked questions about it on other threads, and no answer. Then they announce they are giving money away, and the guarentees remain stupidly low. If I drop enough hints, in/on enough threads, maybe I will get an answer, I assume someone who makes the decisions at sky reads the forum? - It will be for the good of everyone on the site, including the people who count the money for sky poker. Wasn't having a go at u, apologies, enjoy ur league and good luck.p.s E/Dog I havent had a can of larger for 5 years!! YUK !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL I remembered after I posted that you drink Cider. You can't deny the Chinese takeaways though :o)
  • edited July 2010
    Just trying to get the attention of the people who make the decisions m8. I did challenge sky to up the guarentee in one tourny, and if this wasnt met, I wud personally pay sky for any money they lost (overlay) This was sent to the office 3 days ago, with no reply as yet. Ive asked questions about it on other threads, and no answer. Then they announce they are giving money away, and the guarentees remain stupidly low. If I drop enough hints, in/on enough threads, maybe I will get an answer, I assume someone who makes the decisions at sky reads the forum? - It will be for the good of everyone on the site, including the people who count the money for sky poker. Wasn't having a go at u, apologies, enjoy ur league and good luck. p.s E/Dog I havent had a can of larger for 5 years!! YUK !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    After reading the post a few times i did see it wasn't aimed at me. i just got home from work and took it wrong way. i know you give a lot of good advice and tbh i have learned alot over the past year and some of it has been from your advice so cheers mate 
  • edited July 2010
    The reason i started this thread was because everytime i turn on skypoker channel the likes of TK Rich  DP ED are always saying how strong this forum is. I thought it would be a great idea to have i little comp within one. I will carry on no probs but can i just ask A quick question. Dohhhhh you contribute a hell of alot to this site (forum) with advice and so on so when a player has gone out of his way spend his own time to sort somthing out so we can all have a laugh do u moan about it, and as for other comments made I do deposit to sky and have done for over a year but ITS FREE so why not enter it?. I'm not having a pop but if you don't agree ignore the thread. Good luck to all who enter
    Posted by craftycarp
    With reference to my comments, i would just like to reiterate that i wish all who enters the best of luck. Like you say its free so why not if you have the time and inclination. I chose not to ignore the thread as i wanted to make a contribution to it be it a welcome one or otherwise. This happens when you create threads on a forum so don't take it personally.
  • edited July 2010
    n1 carpy

1 craftycarp
                2 mr_miyagi
                3 aarodaa
                4 batman4
                5 lucky77777

whens this starting m8 gl every1
  • edited July 2010
    n1 carpy             1 craftycarp             2 mr_miyagi             3 aarodaa             4 batman4             5 lucky77777  whens this starting m8 gl every1
    Posted by lucky77777
    the first one's sunday morning at 1am. i know that everyone won't beable to play in every one  but aslong as your names down before the firstone starts then thats fine mate, also cheers for the HU comp. i'm in the final but not sure who i will be playing yet? after my bad run on torny's and the good form on HU  i may have to start playing HU cash for a bit and see how i do lol.  the whole comp will run for the whole month. i will check after every freeroll and update the table but if people that are on the list would like to add to the thread then that would make thinks abit easier. cheers mate
  • edited July 2010
                    Always up challenge
                                               1 craftycarp
                                               2 mr_miyagi
                                               3 aarodaa
                                               4 batman4
                                               5 lucky77777
                                               6 belsibub

• edited July 2010
                    Always up challenge                                            1 craftycarp                                            2 mr_miyagi                                            3 aarodaa                                            4 batman4                                            5 lucky77777                                            6 belsibub                                       
    Posted by belsibub
    cheers mate. welcome aboard
  • edited July 2010
    Just trying to get the attention of the people who make the decisions m8. I did challenge sky to up the guarentee in one tourny, and if this wasnt met, I wud personally pay sky for any money they lost (overlay) This was sent to the office 3 days ago, with no reply as yet. Ive asked questions about it on other threads, and no answer. Then they announce they are giving money away, and the guarentees remain stupidly low. If I drop enough hints, in/on enough threads, maybe I will get an answer, I assume someone who makes the decisions at sky reads the forum? - It will be for the good of everyone on the site, including the people who count the money for sky poker. Wasn't having a go at u, apologies, enjoy ur league and good luck. p.s E/Dog I havent had a can of larger for 5 years!! YUK !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good points you make Mr Do.     I, like craftycarp and elsadog, also like to read your posts here,
    Very Honest and True they are..
    From what I've seen your posts are better than any other because not only do you know this online game, you also add fun to it as well.. so seriously ...  do you think your crusade will make  the difference to the powers that be ?
    Like you say, there has been no answers ? So maybe your not going to get them !! 

Although I've yet to deposit here, I have been watching the TV show along with some games here, plus reading the forum .. I'd say, wait and see what the future holds, I'd hate to see you go missing for putting yourself out there for the sake of others and  getting a forum ban again ..
    good luck  to you, and thank you for wishing us all a prosperous challenge in the August Freerolls ..

batman4
  • edited July 2010
    Eerm, its a bit late and i havent posted on here for a while (been disheartened with my play and didnt want to bore anyone)
    but i won a freeroll tonite so would like my name included?
    Ta
  • edited July 2010
    btw,, they arent really freerolls are they?? you have to have earned points to enter!!
    If someone hasnt payed to play and earned points then they cant enter. :)
  • edited July 2010
    btw,, they arent really freerolls are they?? you have to have earned points to enter!! If someone hasnt payed to play and earned points then they cant enter. :)
    Posted by major1962

oh, no,   the ones on the 1st of August are all  free ..

(It only took me 20 mins to work that out,  I used to get confused, but now i'm not so sure) !
  • edited July 2010
    I'll give this a go, though I don't expect I'll keep you very busy with updates.. lol. Have fun everyone.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    btw,, they arent really freerolls are they?? you have to have earned points to enter!! If someone hasnt payed to play and earned points then they cant enter. :)
    Posted by major1962
    As Batman says Major these freerolls are a different animal to the norm.

I reckon Sky have hit on a terrific winner here with folks able to enter w/o making any deposits.....then finding out in game one that to keep up with the field they need to deposit to be able to re-buy in these things....which they may well do after a couple of games or so.

If they take off the max entry fields of 2000 could easily be achieved I reckon and then the rebuy fests will certainly mean that it's the players wiho will be paying for the August festival NOT Sky..

Full marks to the Sky team in my opinion this may attract a host of new players w/o taking too much if anything from the budget yet they can make a big play about offering out nearly 40K in prize money!!!!!! Really?

And even though it's against my religion to ever re-buy I do like the challenge to see how far I can get in these.

Good luck everyone and .......while I'm here please add me to the list.....if I do ever register on the cash rostrum I'll be the one wearing the bullet proof vest.
  • edited July 2010
     1 craftycarp
                                               2 mr_miyagi
                                               3 aarodaa
                                               4 batman4
                                               5 lucky77777
                                               6 belsibub
                                               7 paige55
                                               8 major1962
                                               9 wishstar