You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FREEROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHALLENGE:
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHALLENGE : Structure??? I thought it was shove with anything above half a hand and hope you can afford to lose your buy-in. 2 hours of shove, shove, shove to win 50p. I've only started 3, but they're rapidly draining my will to continue.
    Posted by harding10
    lol
  • edited August 2010
    AAAHHHHHH serial raiser 10 x bb I shove with AK suited he call K9 flops quad 9s.Freerolls full of luck boxes.
  • edited August 2010

On my travels today, thinking to myself what tactics could i use for the Free-Roll Festival Challenge with craftycarp and our gang in tonight's game, i came to a holt at some traffic lights--
    My thoughts were broken by this man walking across the pedestrian crossing scratching his head, then inspecting the contents of his finger nails !!
    His face was grimaced  with his bottom lip digging into his upper two front teeth as he carried on in a slow walk with eyes bulging. (reminded me of what Richard O's face might be like, riding tandem on the back of a motorbike being driven by TK)
    Now i know what every one's thinking, what was it this man was looking at under his nails ?
    You could not write this stuff, his next action was to stick his fingers in his mouth and wrap his tongue around them licking the contents, then looked back at the waiting traffic and smiled !!
    That's not the point though, this man was as bald as a coot, or billiard ball even !

Suddenly the traffic lights had changed to green and as i drove past him he was then picking his front two teeth--
    Shaking my head i thought, he must be a poker player who has just had a bad-beat, because they all make funny noises, like 'innit' and 'flopwit', smack their gums together then look to the heavens after some mystery bug has just landed as the river card to eject them from their tournament seat--

In life as in poker, it takes all sorts, so tonight if a bird or bat drops one on your head in the poker garden, look at it as good luck and enjoy,

Just like the bald headed man did today !!

• edited August 2010
    yesterdays results will follow within the next few hours. i feel a cash coming on tonight.
  • edited August 2010

1st Aug2nd Aug3rg Aug4th Aug5th Aug6th Aug7th Aug8th Augtotal
    1Craftycarp000

2mr_miyagi000

3aarodaa000

4batman4£1.6524p0

5lucky77777000

6belsibub50p00

7paige55000

8major196244p00

9wishstar 000

10mickyblue£2.7500

11iBLUFF0£20

12ste1722024p24p

13bigbiker22000

14dud buttini47p054p

• edited August 2010
    as far as i can see only 2 cash's yesterday. please let me know if this was wrong. good guns though.
  • edited August 2010
    I've now gone out with trips twice in these, once to a straight and once to a house. Also called an all in with AK, hit the ace and lost to quad 2's.

Add in losing with a house in Monday nights TK (not smart play on my part though, that one) and I'll soon be off to Area51 to join the trolls.

Gotta laugh.
  • edited August 2010
    Move along nothing to report.
  • edited August 2010
     7 00 game --31st --688 left-- no rebuys--no addons--
  • edited August 2010
    out--162nd-- £0-40p
  • edited August 2010

1st Aug2nd Aug3rg Aug4th Aug5th Aug6th Aug7th Aug8th Augtotal
    Craftycarp0000

mr_miyagi0000

aarodaa0000

batman4£1.6524p00

lucky777770000

belsibub50p000

paige550000

major196244p000

wishstar 0000

mickyblue£2.75000

iBLUFF0£200

ste1722024p24p0

bigbiker220000

dud buttini47p054p0

• edited August 2010
    hows eveyone doing today?
  • edited August 2010
    hows eveyone doing today?
    Posted by craftycarp
    just posted above-- 40p--no buyins or addons
  • edited August 2010
    36p lol in 1 of the freebie, no buyins....
  • edited August 2010
    I seem to be missing 40p from 1am freeroll on the 4th?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not on your list as missed the deadline but been following your thread over last few days - I've managed to play in all but the Night Owl tournaments so far and before tonight, managed £1.18 over three cashes! So register for the 7pm tournament tonight and after butchering my flopped set against turned flush, I'm down to 1k at 25/50...couple of well timed shoves gets my stack back to 4k by end of next level! After that, I played (dare I say it) some of my best poker in long time - floated between 3rd and 10th in chips from 200/400 and 600/1200 but eventually the blinds caught up and for rest of tournament, don't think I ever got above 15BB! People were quickly getting knocked out and stealing blinds/doubling up when needed kept me comfortable (enough to fold with 6BB in hope of laddering) and before long, it's final table time - blinds were now capped at 100k/200k and with 4BB, managed to duck and dive to finish 3rd for £40! 

Comedy moment on final table when my QQ were called by K10 and it came 5 diamonds for split pot :( would've knocked opponent out and been chip leader but my frustration was soon cooled when they got knocked out two hands later so no real damage done...things like that usually hurt and I think under normal circumstances I'd have cried as those chips were desperately needed to keep laddering (everyone had less than 10BB) but I was having greatest fun ever so didn't care! 

Just registered for 10.30pm tournament so look forward to seeing some of you there...if it's cool with everyone, I'll keep track of my progress for the rest of the month here too?
  • edited August 2010
    Hi actiondan--great read and nice result--
    i just got ko'd in the twilight 10 30 event so off to my bat bed--
    good luck to you and craftycarp and the gang--
  • edited August 2010
    Hi actiondan--great read and nice result-- i just got ko'd in the twilight 10 30 event so off to my bat bed-- good luck to you and craftycarp and the gang--
    Posted by batman4
    Thanks Batman! Just been knocked out - some Joker managed to get all their chips in for 6.5k pot (at 30/60) with 55 against my AA and binked 5 on the turn! Then after Robin my chips to leave me with 500, the thought of another two hours plugging away didn't sound too appealing so although I managed to get back to 2.5k, I went uber aggressive and shoved over the top of him with 44 and got called by A2 suited...flopped the flush so good game and bed for me too!
  • edited August 2010
    just got nocked out 4 26p.... the 10.30 one m8...
  • edited August 2010
    Two more cashes since my last report

Weds 7.30pm   155th for 40p

Thurs 7.30pm  197th for  35p              as usual no re buys

(Five cashes - £1.76 in total - no rebuys)

Was doing especially well in the Thurs game until pocket Qs were called and cracked by 9 7 off which rivered a straight.

Still enjoy playing these, you never know what's going to happen next and (as others have reported elsewhere on the forum) the top prizes in the 7.30pm are quite tasty if you can crack it just the one time.....and there's still a long way to go.

I hope Sky are seeing some decent results with new depositors wanting to have some rebuy power in these and then hopefully hanging around the site over time. The promotion has certainly attracted the numbers.

Keep going everyone!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Just finished 49th in the Lunchtime Freeroll for another 80p WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Just finished 139th in the Evening KO Freeroll for another 45p BOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • edited August 2010
    45th for 80p in 12:30 game(remember to add 40p form the 1am on the 4th) no add-on's or re-buy's.
  • edited August 2010

Out again with trip Ace's last night, so having a complete day off the tables. Next doors cat is keeping out of the way.

• edited August 2010
    evening all. the udateds for yesteays results will be aded first thing in the morning as at the moment i'm doing pritty well in the 9.30 bh whoop whoop
  • edited August 2010
    evening all. the udateds for yesteays results will be aded first thing in the morning as at the moment i'm doing pritty well in the 9.30 bh whoop whoop
    Posted by craftycarp
    good luck there craftycarp
  • edited August 2010
    in the early morning nightowl--or  in my case bat hour--at the first break i'm leading the field in 1st place--337 left with 83,000 chips-

• edited August 2010
    down to the last 3 tables--and

Maxally has come to rail-- great to see one of the all-stars from the forum at this time of the mornig(3 10am) thank you Maxally for good wishes--
  • edited August 2010
    out on the final table--
    5th (£10)--no rebuys or addons
    pushed all-in with my A8 only to find AK in the big blind--
    very good game and thank you to Maxally for the railing
    think i'll call him the Joker from now on--

• edited August 2010
    cashed 4 £2 in the 10.30 game and wd batman!!!
  • edited August 2010