You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dealer's Choice

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Tonight we've a brand new show for you to all get your chops around - Dealer's Choice!

Think of it as your one stop shop to the world of poker. We've got the DoubleStack final table, SPT tour Swansea footage and the editor of WPT magazine Jon Young in the house.

We've also got an entire section devoted to the Poker Clinic  - and Cliokid is first up under the spotlight with his "Tear me to shreds" thread.

Get your emails and hand ids into us - to the usual address - Skyopen@bskyb.com

Comments

• edited August 2010
    i have 2 questions, is does tk  want a dog ( misses lol ) 2nd is if rv hitman on agian can he wear green, got to be better than last nite?
  • edited August 2010
    So has the live coverage of Primo been abndoned?
  • edited August 2010
    why have presenters then not show biggest tourney of the week.. 8pm sunday was only slot for dealers choice?...
  • edited August 2010
    HI Solack,

No Primo coverage has not been abandoned. The final table will have it's own featured show and we will follow the action during the evening, with stats, leaderboards and hands throughout the night.

We're just adding more to the show - and hope that you join in to contribute!
  • edited August 2010
    I guess so :/ i recon they will flick backwards and forwards from it...
  • edited August 2010
    Oh i posted late :P
  • edited August 2010
    PLEASE bring back the ADVERTISED show, its on the TV listings as PRIMO and its also on your own webpage. " PRIMO - LIVESun 1st August - 8pmDP Fitzgerald and Tony Kendall present the Primo LIVE on channel 865" 
    The whole point of the Sky TV Channel is that we can get to see some of our hands being played, instead we get someone plugging their magazine. 

You are hardly showing ANY live tournament play now so what is the point of the Sky TV Channel?

Please reply HERE as I am no longer watching the show, as I got bored as all they were showing is "chat, chat, chat".

Tikay and the regulars will know that I am not one to complain on the forum but this IS taking the Mickey.
  • edited August 2010
    how does showing hands from a midweek tourney constitute a primo show.? never done it when they showed the actual primo.
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry but its a turn off for me - I am not interested in a final table from last week, more cuticle jokes, or the journo.  The reason I was atrracted to sky in the first place was the live broadcast of tournements, which used to be every night.  Now it is down to Thursday only.  There may be parts of tonights show that I am interested in but I am not going so sit through 4 houirs for a few crumbs
  • edited August 2010
    Your show will be good (as always) but why not have it on another night and leave "primo night alone" - One of the main reasons i like playing this tourney is to listen to the hand anaiysis and maybe get my own hand looked at - your thoughts please
  • edited August 2010
    Have to admit I agree... watching tournament coverage is a big part of what I enjoy on sky. Flicking away now and then is all good, but hardly any tournament play... I look forward to watching primo coverage, it's what makes it more enjoyable than the other tourneys :(
  • edited August 2010

Brief break in the Show, so, I'd just like to say......

Keep the constructive feedback coming, they are listening.

TY TY TY.
  • edited August 2010

I'd have to agree with everyone else, the show seems good and i'm looking forward to seeing the Swansea SPT coverage but think we need more live tourney coverage not less....

• edited August 2010
    its just mebtal...you have your specialized tv channel then stop PROER coverage of the main tournament of the week that the majority of players wanna see the progress as it happens. show dealers chioce after the club on a monday.. or a tuesday but so much for the interactive sky poker community when the primo (and its players) are put on the bench.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Dealer's Choice:
    Brief break in the Show, so, I'd just like to say...... Keep the constructive feedback coming, they are listening. TY TY TY.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay, I know the suits HAVE listened in the past, lets hope they are again.
  • edited August 2010
    Have to agree with cookie.

Looking forward to SPT coverage but do think that perhaps this should be on during the week as the Primo is The main event of the week.

I think it will be hard to interact for viewers as so far it has mainly been pre-recorded, but i do wish you good luck with the show.

Dave

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Dealer's Choice : Thanks Tikay, I know the suits HAVE listened in the past, lets hope they are again.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    +1
  • edited August 2010

i like DP,
    I like Tikay,
    I like SkyPoker.

But taking off Primo is an atrocious decision.

• edited August 2010
    absolutely. this is a terrible bit of scheduling... did all sky poker employees forget what day primo was on? or do they not give a monkeys? has to be one of the two 'cos you dont elbow coverage of your main event tournament out of the window.
  • edited August 2010
    It's basically a 4 hour version of The Club, which is absolutely Clubtastic!

However, I can see that not showing Sky Poker's premier tournament The Primo live may upset a few people. 

Who would have thought - poker players being moany woany?
  • edited August 2010
    DP just said primo is going on!!!!!! is that true? tell me where we watch this wonderful event....
  • edited August 2010
    am i wrong to read between the lines and think that this programme was a a last minute decision due to technical reasons with the hand replayer?
  • edited August 2010
    @ Lord bobby...

It appears to be on the TV - ill timed sarcasm?
  • edited August 2010
    seems planned..  journo guest running, through wsop etc.
  • edited August 2010
    seems planned..  journo guest running, through wsop etc.
    Posted by lordbobby
    yh hard job to get a poker journo to a studio in london
  • edited August 2010
    i like DP, I like Tikay, I like SkyPoker. But taking off Primo is an atrocious decision.
    Posted by aussie09
    defo!!!
    i may not be able to play in the primo as my bankroll won't allow it. i DO however like to watch and/or listen to find out how the other players play their hands. it's enjoyable and informative. i too would like to see the SPT coverage but that would be normal anyway. so come on... more PRIMO and leave the club for the normal night...pleeeez!
  • edited August 2010
    a one-hour slot does not do "The Club" justice.....so something like tonights show will be a bit of a work in progress. I am sure nobody at Sky is looking to alienate the core audience of The Primo though.
  • edited August 2010
    just watch swansea,rats reminds me of a mini jasper carrot, ferritt man from the detectives lol
  • edited August 2010
    am i wrong to read between the lines and think that this programme was a a last minute decision due to technical reasons with the hand replayer?
    Posted by scotty77
    Had the same thought myself. If this is the case, then why don't they just say it instead of fobbing us off with 'it's a new programme' tosh.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Guys,

This programme does look like THE CLUB GOES LARGE, which i do think is not a bad idea, but like a lot of people have said--- PRIMO is the weekly flagship tourney and to mess with it will cause some consternation.

The channel has reduced the amount of LIVE programmes, but when you advertise that you are the only site to give feedback that is nearly live and then reduce this service to one night a week, you can run the risk of losing players, who love that uniqueness.

Sky Des knows i speak my mind and i will collar him at DTD about my concerns about the site, in a levelheaded way.

Maybe it's the time of year for a bit of a moan. Who knows?

col