You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time-out

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
For the last couple of days ive been playing on the freeroll tournaments and find myself getting really anoid at the fact that people are registering for these tournaments and not playing, in my last too tournaments there has only been two people on my table playing which ultimately means i haven't a chance of winning the tournament because i cant make enough chips in the first hour. surely there is something you can do about this

Comments

• edited August 2010
    looks like people are just serial-registering then not playing, It would be good if they could put the freerolls up just a few hours before they start, or make them password controlled like the Super6 one, then anyone not taking part in more than a few games that they were registering for could maybe be automatically blocked from playing in them.
  • edited August 2010
    If you were against five "away" players you would have 18K chips after 45 minutes with no risks assuming that you remember to raise each hand.
    That is plenty to be able to win the tournament.
    Having one other player makes it slightly more of a challenge.

Just be thankful.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out:
    If you were against five "away" players you would have 18K chips after 45 minutes with no risks assuming that you remember to raise each hand. That is plenty to be able to win the tournament. Having one other player makes it slightly more of a challenge. Just be thankful.
    Posted by MereNovice

point taken but thats not the point.. i come on here to play poker not sit pressing the same button for 45 min
  • edited August 2010
    Try the freeplay tables or put some money in your account.
    Either way, you are likely to get some "play".

You have to accept freerolls for what they are.
  • edited August 2010
    it does kinda suck if u register for a 6max tourney and end up playin HU!

i just wanna know if u really think u spell anoid that way op??
  • edited August 2010
    If you were against five "away" players you would have 18K chips after 45 minutes with no risks assuming that you remember to raise each hand. That is plenty to be able to win the tournament. Having one other player makes it slightly more of a challenge. Just be thankful.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Nobody is being ungrateful Vincent, we are just saying it would be better if the majority of players were there.

Strangely enough there was one of these "register and dont bother types" on my table in the 1am game until they blinded out....even stranger they have posted on this thread......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : Nobody is being ungrateful Vincent, we are just saying it would be better if the majority of players were there. Strangely enough there was one of these "register and dont bother types" on my table in the 1am game until they blinded out....even stranger they have posted on this thread......
    Posted by emilyegg
    I'm not sure that you should confuse "don't bother" with being asleep.

It's good to see that you can take time out from baiting the under-5's to post on this thread though.
  • edited August 2010

"...oh excuse me, is this just the five minute argument or the full half hour?"

monty python (1970-ish)

• edited August 2010
    it does kinda suck if u register for a 6max tourney and end up playin HU! i just wanna know if u really think u spell anoid that way op??
    Posted by lynx3ffect

sorry im dyslexic and wouldn't come up on the spell checker
  • edited August 2010
    Why register then?

The freerolls are essentially an advertising campaign by Sky to attract more players and give them a look at the site. Not a great advert when 6 seated tables are at times Heads-Up, I am sure this is not what SkyPoker were hoping for.

FWIW, I registered for one the other night, decided to go to bed before it started.....but still had the common courtesy to de-register.

Think its just a manners thing really...............
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    Why register then? The freerolls are essentially an advertising campaign by Sky to attract more players and give them a look at the sight. Not a great advert when 6 seated tables are at times Heads-Up, I am sure this is not what SkyPoker were hoping for. FWIW, I registered for one the other night, decided to go to bed before it started.....but still had the common courtesy to de-register. Think its just a manners thing really...............
    Posted by emilyegg
    I think everyone can learn so much from you on the subject of manners.
  • edited August 2010

Forum founder members who can do spread sheets are allowed to be wallopers with full immunity, and peoples opinions are valued......as long as they match yours, ain't that right Vincenzo? ;0)

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : I think everyone can learn so much from you on the subject of manners.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You're right again (as usual) Vincent.

As a punishment to myself, I am donating to that £3 a month thing advertised on Discovery that lets the abused Donkeys have a bucket of water and a lie-down in the shade......
  • edited August 2010
    Forum founder members who can do spread sheets are allowed to be wallopers with full immunity, and peoples opinions are valued......as long as they match yours, ain't that right Vincenzo? ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    That's laughable, even by your standards.

You seem to enjoy nothing more than starting pointless arguments.

You show the emotional maturity of a 10-year old.

Go back to picking on lucky77777 - he seems more on your level.

fwiw, I was not even close to being a founding member of this forum.
  • edited August 2010
    lol Vincent, I have said it before and I will say it again. You are a (rhymes with Rock)

and for YOU to accuse anyone of making pointless argument's, just look at your own input......I believe you weighed in with your usual arrogant response very early doors in this thread.

You are a confirmed WALLOPER.
  • edited August 2010
    lol Vincent, I have said it before and I will say it again. You are a (rhymes with Rock) and for YOU to accuse anyone of making pointless argument's, just look at your own input......I believe you weighed in with your usual arrogant response very early doors in this thread. You are a confirmed WALLOPER.
    Posted by emilyegg
    I made a constructive post which you seem unable to grasp. The OP seems to have been able to understand it but it seems to have eluded you.

I'm more than happy to weigh my record on this forum against yours.

I'm more than a little bored with your usual level of input so forgive me if I don't respond again - although I can't promise.
  • edited August 2010
    Alright folks simmer down & get along, nobody wants to read forum arguments. Well, Miyagi probably does but he's weird like that... :)

• edited August 2010
    Hmmmm  emilyegg or merenovice

but which one is better

theres only one way to find out

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttt
  • edited August 2010

TIME OUT FTW!!!!

(in more ways than one!)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : I made a constructive post which you seem unable to grasp. The OP seems to have been able to understand it but it seems to have eluded you. I'm more than happy to weigh my record on this forum against yours. I'm more than a little bored with your usual level of input so forgive me if I don't respond again - although I can't promise.
    Posted by MereNovice
    u heavyweight forum champ u
  • edited August 2010
    Constructive? Bored? Weigh Records? what are you spouting on about you obnoxious/pompous fool?

You have no response, because you are a (see previous)

Get a grip Vince, and stop being so arrogant to new forum contributors.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : u heavyweight forum champ u
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Definitely guilty on the heavy bit.

• edited August 2010
    Hmmmm  emilyegg or merenovice but which one is better theres only one way to find out fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttt
    Posted by igimc
    You`ll do for me, whoever you are ;0)
  • edited August 2010
    Constructive? Bored? Weigh Records? what are you spouting on about you obnoxious/pompous fool? You have no response, because you are a (see previous) Get a grip Vince, and stop being so arrogant to new forum contributors.
    Posted by emilyegg
    There was no arrogance in my post - I merely pointed out the reaility of the situation.
    The OP then acknowledged this.

Nice insults - very classy.

You really need to find some other outlet for your pointless aggression - it just makes you look stupid when you post like this for everyone to view.

I do not know what your "problem" is but it sure is tedious.

• edited August 2010
    soooo does anyone else actually have an opinion on the reason this forum was made ? lol
  • edited August 2010

LOL Vince, ALWAYS the last word.........

• edited August 2010
    soooo does anyone else actually have an opinion on the reason this forum was made ? lol
    Posted by timmyy

Welcome to the forum.
    If you stick around, you may enjoy it.
    Not every thread ends up like this.

:-)))
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by timmyy
    hey timmy!!!   keep out, what's this thread got to do with you?