You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time-out

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out:
    soooo does anyone else actually have an opinion on the reason this forum was made ? lol
    Posted by timmyy
    I thought you made a great opening post mate (which would be echoed by many)

Vincent was doing ok, until the "Be Thankful" bit of his constructive reply.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : hey timmy!!!   keep out, what's this thread got to do with you?
    Posted by aussie09

haha that actually made me laugh, im not sure to be honest don't think i will be posting another for a while if it just courses arguments
  • edited August 2010
    Did you hear about the dyslexic alcoholic?

He choked on his own Vimto.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : I thought you made a great opening post mate (which would be echoed by many) Vincent was doing ok, until the "Be Thankful" bit of his constructive reply.
    Posted by emilyegg
    emily, for a girly you seem to have lots of testosterone.  chillax babe.

• edited August 2010
    Hmmmm  emilyegg or merenovice but which one is better theres only one way to find out fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttt
    Posted by igimc
    haha great post!

btw.....

WHAT HAVE THE PICTURE MODERATOR PEOPLE GOT AGAINST ME????

Can noseybonk pass his own instantly????

ITS NOT FAIR !!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : Welcome to the forum. If you stick around, you may enjoy it. Not every thread ends up like this. :-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    JUST THE GOOD ONES
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : haha that actually made me laugh, im not sure to be honest don't think i will be posting another for a while if it just courses arguments
    Posted by timmyy
    Keep posting - you're doing well.
    If you post and can accept a contrary opinion without going OTT, you're a very welcome addition to the forum.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : haha that actually made me laugh, im not sure to be honest don't think i will be posting another for a while if it just courses arguments
    Posted by timmyy
    Well Done Vince, another potential forum member gone..........
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : Well Done Vince, another potential forum member gone..........
    Posted by emilyegg
    Do you really have no sense of self-awareness???
  • edited August 2010
    im not sure what emilyegg did wrong here???

epic post though and welcome to the forum timmy

merenovice you remind me of my old maths teacher lol.

• edited August 2010
    just out of interest how old are you two ?
  • edited August 2010
    old enough to know better lol
  • edited August 2010
    im not sure what emilyegg did wrong here??? epic post though and welcome to the forum timmy merenovice you remind me of my old maths teacher lol.
    Posted by donkeyplop

cheers !
  • edited August 2010
    have you had this experience in the freerolls donkeyplop ?
  • edited August 2010
    In all fairness Vince, what was the "Just Be Thankful" bit of your post all about?

Be Thankful for SkyPoker? Be Thankful for the Freerolls? or Be Thankful for Your Presence?

Honestly mate, just enlighten us....and if you can do it in a non-arrogant way, then everyone is a winner. 
  • edited August 2010
    In all fairness Vince, what was the "Just Be Thankful" bit of your post all about? Be Thankful for SkyPoker? Be Thankful for the Freerolls? or Be Thankful for Your Presence? Honestly mate, just enlighten us....and if you can do it in a non-arrogant way, then everyone is a winner. 
    Posted by emilyegg
    "Just be thankful" that there are 12K free chips available and that you will have a good chance of cashing.
    You will also have avoided all the early wild aipf every hand players and will be able to play "proper" poker after the first break with an above-average stack.

• edited August 2010

Honestly Vince, if you had just made your point without the "Just Be Thankful" bit, then it would of been a great post. FWIW, I still think it was an arrogant riposte from you, but we will leave that for now.

If I was a new poster, I would honestly think (and this is not having a go at you) that you WERE a Rhymes with Rock.

Just a wee-bit of thought and consideration with new contributors would not go a miss Vince (imo).

• edited August 2010
    just out of interest how old are you two ?
    Posted by timmyy
    by jove he's got it.  great one-liner put down especially for a newbie. 

• edited August 2010
    Keeping away from the argument, arent freerolls meant to give new unexperienced players a chance to play and learn the game? what are they learning by having a table full of away players all the time?

I missed one of theese myself the other day that i had signed up for, i got home over an hour late and didnt get a chance to de register.

I gotta agree with Emily (think it was him who said it) what they would work much better if registration only opened an hour or 2 before they started, like the facebook freerolls.

Some people are happy nicking blinds but the majority (no i dont have facts and figures) would rather play against a full table.

It probably sounds stupid but it titlts me, if theres just one other person at my table and the others are away I end up play like a konb and take the 1 person on with very little, just because i get bored of nciking blinds

Gareth
  • edited August 2010
    Praise the Lord for Gareth. THANK YOU.
  • edited August 2010
    Keeping away from the argument, .....if theres just one other person at my table and the others are away I end up play like a konb and take the 1 person on with very little, just because i get bored of nciking blinds Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    hi gareth...you will have insulted timmy quite inadvertently with that.. as he being dislexic will be the only one who will be stunned at your use of the word "konb".

• edited August 2010
    Keeping away from the argument, arent freerolls meant to give new unexperienced players a chance to play and learn the game? what are they learning by having a table full of away players all the time? I missed one of theese myself the other day that i had signed up for, i got home over an hour late and didnt get a chance to de register. I gotta agree with Emily (think it was him who said it) what they would work much better if registration only opened an hour or 2 before they started, like the facebook freerolls. Some people are happy nicking blinds but the majority (no i dont have facts and figures) would rather play against a full table. It probably sounds stupid but it titlts me, if theres just one other person at my table and the others are away I end up play like a konb and take the 1 person on with very little, just because i get bored of nciking blinds Gareth
    Posted by 35suited

this is exactly how i feel cheers gareth. i also like playing with a full table and i go all in every hand if its heads up
  • edited August 2010
    have you had this experience in the freerolls donkeyplop ?
    Posted by timmyy
    ive only played in one of these august freerolls and yes there were only 2 other people playing when i first started.

one was a nutter going all in nearly every hand so i just waited for premium hands and stacked her.

was it thye 1am one you were playing? as alot register then fall asleep!!!

personaly i like people being away as i can build up a nice stack.....

• edited August 2010
    Personally i don,t mind if ppl are away. just keep stealing so you have a decent stack when the game kicks in properly.

the only frustrating thing i have found is when there is a freeroll due, but it is full and you can,t register even though you know most ppll won,t be there.

Its not just sky - happens on most sites.

Its just something you have to accept with freerolls

(As for aussie09's posts on this thread, I would just ignore. Must have nothing bettter to do)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : hi gareth...you will have insulted timmy quite inadvertently with that.. as he being dislexic will be the only one who will be stunned at your use of the word "konb".
    Posted by aussie09
     haa yes and what is konb ?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: time-out : ive only played in one of these august freerolls and yes there were only 2 other people playing when i first started. one was a nutter going all in nearly every hand so i just waited for premium hands and stacked her. was it thye 1am one you were playing? as alot register then fall asleep!!! personaly i like people being away as i can build up a nice stack.....
    Posted by donkeyplop
     it was the 7pm one.. i justg prefer to be playing a full table i just need to get used to it realy as im used to playing pub poker
  • edited August 2010

good luck timmy.. good to see you here.  look forward to seeing more or playing one day.  must dash now.  more important things to do.

best regards
    rob

• edited August 2010
    good luck timmy.. good to see you here.  look forward to seeing more or playing one day.  must dash now.  more important things to do. best regards rob
    Posted by aussie09

cheers Rob
  • edited August 2010
    bam-- biff --bosh--holy comolli robin get the bat-mobile out--
    a job for the dynamic duo to solve--

yes ive been playing some of these freerolls--
    and yes for the first 45 mins there are alot of sit-outs--
    the point in your favour as a player-- like mere novice says--
    you can gather some 18k chips in that time--

giving you a playable stack for the middle and late stages--

i for one am grateful this august freeroll event has happened--
     never look a gift horse in the mouth--